Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:13 AM

Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme - Education (79) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme (310324 Views)

Apply For 2024/2025 PTDF Overseas Scholarship Scheme / Apply For 2023/2024 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme / 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (119) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by joviegghead: 11:24am On Jun 15, 2022
tolaade1960:
The final successful list can not take longer than July to be out , many candidates have already gotten admissions already for September 2022.

Since the interviews came late.
Still speculation.

Whether the list comes out in August or September,there's nothing we can do but wait. The helper(ptdf) can do as it pleases and nothing will happen.

I understand this is probably the most anticipated thing right now for some of us, but it's pointless worrying.

Pray and wait. What will be, will be.

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by pijay(m): 1:47pm On Jun 15, 2022
Liebermann:

I personally don't see the logic in saying you want a partial scholarship.
There is actually in logic in it.
For instance, the university i got admission to, I got partial scholarship from them too. If I tell PTDF to make theirs partial, it is a win:win for all party.

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by pijay(m): 1:53pm On Jun 15, 2022
A colleague from a scholarship group was previously rejected cos if limited space. Another colleague in that same group won same scholarship but rejected her own scholarship from same body. A review and an upgraded was done, and this guys was given the scholarship.
The Lady won Commonwealth’s shared Scholarship.

There are lot of opportunities apart from PTDF.

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Nobody: 1:58pm On Jun 15, 2022
pijay:

There is actually in logic in it.
For instance, the university i got admission to, I got partial scholarship from them too. If I tell PTDF to make theirs partial, it is a win:win for all party.

Check the conditions for the scholarship you got from that school. it's most likely stated that it's only for self funded applicants and not for those already on a scholarship. I am yet to see PTDF offer a scholarship on the basis of it being partially funded. And how will they make such a decision when they don't know the overall cost of your programme compared to others. Even with a scholarship it might still be more expensive.
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by HausaIgboYoruba: 2:23pm On Jun 15, 2022
Liebermann:

Check the conditions for the scholarship you got from that school. it's most likely stated that it's only for self funded applicants and not for those already on a scholarship. I am yet to see PTDF offer a scholarship on the basis of it being partially funded. And how will they make such a decision when they don't know the overall cost of your programme compared to others. Even with a scholarship it might still be more expensive.
PhD students do get partial scholarship from PTDF but it's very uncommon! If you already have a PhD scholarship in which tuition is waived with little or no stipend, you can request for partial scholarship from PTDF to increase ur chance of being awarded. The partial scholarship often covers only cost of living. I Know one scholar with partial scholarship from PTDF doing PhD in the USA.

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jun 15, 2022
HausaIgboYoruba:
PhD students do get partial scholarship from PTDF but it's very uncommon! If you already have a PhD scholarship in which tuition is waived with little or no stipend, you can request for partial scholarship from PTDF to increase ur chance of being awarded. The partial scholarship often covers only cost of living. I Know one scholar with partial scholarship from PTDF doing PhD in the USA.

How long ago was this?
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by pijay(m): 3:38pm On Jun 15, 2022
Liebermann:

I know a scholar with partial scholarship currently in UK. He wrote to PTDF and he got it.
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jun 15, 2022
pijay:

I know a scholar with partial scholarship currently in UK. He wrote to PTDF and he got it.

Was it part of the normal application process we're applying for now?

I'm just trying to understand the whole situation. If partial scholarships are normal then I guess the question was completely innocuous.
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by HausaIgboYoruba: 4:42pm On Jun 15, 2022
Liebermann:

How long ago was this?
in 2016.
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Dreldee: 5:13pm On Jun 15, 2022
pijay:
A colleague from a scholarship group was previously rejected cos if limited space. Another colleague in that same group won same scholarship but rejected her own scholarship from same body. A review and an upgraded was done, and this guys was given the scholarship.
The Lady won Commonwealth’s shared Scholarship.

There are lot of opportunities apart from PTDF.

This is Grace in action.
Nothing Grace no fit do 4 pesin life oo.
Papa God help ur humble servants..

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Dreldee: 5:14pm On Jun 15, 2022
HausaIgboYoruba:
in 2016.
Haa
Was US part of the accepted countries then?
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Dreldee: 5:15pm On Jun 15, 2022
Liebermann:

Was it part of the normal application process we're applying for now?

I'm just trying to understand the whole situation. If partial scholarships are normal then I guess the question was completely innocuous.
Which one come be innocuous

10 Likes

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by HausaIgboYoruba: 5:26pm On Jun 15, 2022
Dreldee:

Haa
Was US part of the accepted countries then?
in 2016, the USA, Canada and Australia were among the accepted countries then, but Australia was later dropped coz of their expensive tution fees! I Know scholars that went to the USA, Canada and Australia in 2016.

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by KoolK: 5:46pm On Jun 15, 2022
Dreldee:

Which one come be innocuous
Hahaha..my brother no go kee me with grammar inside this platform o..abeg take am jeje o..no vex.

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Engr2016: 7:03pm On Jun 15, 2022
My brother, I think naa GRE and IELTS cause am o. Honestly WAEC English grammar naa small pickin where GRE and IELTS siddon dey.
KoolK:

Hahaha..my brother no go kee me with grammar inside this platform o..abeg take am jeje o..no vex.

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by tolaade1960: 9:40pm On Jun 15, 2022
one of the recent aims of PTDF is minimized cost , so they intended asking guys who have longer work experience or with excellent academic records who they believed they could get some scholarship in form of fees paying and PTDF could give them some funds.

if u check PTDF website, the new focus is there of cost reduction.

pijay:

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by DMainMan: 9:47pm On Jun 15, 2022
gozmoc8167:
Dmainman, please does ptdf accept COREN registration as membership of professional body?
Yes.
Any recognised membership with designated membership number.
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by mhosqo(m): 3:24am On Jun 16, 2022
babey543:

There are many USA and Canada universities that no longer require application fee especially now that UK introduced Post study visa.

Many schools now waive GRE.

Many USA and Canada universities
now waive English for Nigerians. Some require WAEC or English Proficiency letter.

You just need to Google.

So many Nigerians are winning it. Try and change your network to get info.

This is where your First Class, strong 2.1 and publications stand out unlike PTDF which is pure luck.

Please kindly point me in the right direction. I would also like to explore other avenues. Thank you
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by chefetalkane(m): 6:06am On Jun 16, 2022
You all can join this group of current and prospective PTDF Scholars. Note: It will get full soon, so join quick ):

https://chat. whatsapp.com/ITlPwE0p3Qy7KtQe9DUjKb

Nairaland won't allow the posting of WhatsApp Links. Just copy, put the link on your browser and then close the spaces.
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Giftega(m): 7:11am On Jun 16, 2022
It's not working ooo
Please add my number here: 08136604242
Thank you.
chefetalkane:
You all can join this group of current and prospective PTDF Scholars. Note: It will get full soon, so join quick ):

https://chat. whatsapp.com/ITlPwE0p3Qy7KtQe9DUjKb

Nairaland won't allow the posting of WhatsApp Links. Just copy, put the link on your browser and then close the spaces.
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jun 16, 2022
Fatimamk mrphysics dmainman

You guys seem to be privy to insider information. Have you heard anything about the timeline for the awardee list?

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by mrphysics(m): 4:23pm On Jun 16, 2022
Liebermann:

You guys seem to be privy to insider information. Have you heard anything about the timeline for the awardee list?
PTDF does not have a set timeline they follow. It varies every year, thus, they are not predictable.

I remember vividly that it was on June 14th that our names came out. Last year, I think it was in July.

With June almost gone or with the interviews just concluded, it's obvious that the list won't come out this month and we can all hope for July. They are most people here who are connected and have contact of some workers or decision makers in the Tower. So they can know the expected date of release of the list.
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by tolaade1960: 4:32pm On Jun 16, 2022
definitely it can not pass July. meanwhile try to get your admissions down . to avoid delay.
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jun 16, 2022
mrphysics:

PTDF does not have a set timeline they follow. It varies every year, thus, they are not predictable.

I remember vividly that it was on June 14th that our names came out. Last year, I think it was in July.

With June almost gone or with the interviews just concluded, it's obvious that the list won't come out this month and we can all hope for July. They are most people here who are connected and have contact of some workers or decision makers in the Tower. So they can know the expected date of release of the list.

Last year it came out in August because of covid. Otherwise it's usually June or July. Let's hope that pattern continues. I was hoping you knew someone who could illuminate about when to expect this years list.

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jun 16, 2022
tolaade1960:
definitely it can not pass July. meanwhile try to get your admissions down . to avoid delay.

I already have my CAS ready. If I don't leave this September it definitely won't be due to sloppiness on my part.
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by biosystech: 7:48pm On Jun 16, 2022
Sent a mail to the school and got this as a response

CC: youngelder, mrphysics

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Engr2016: 8:04pm On Jun 16, 2022
The koko is to get the award first. U can reapply for the admission again from that November.

biosystech:

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by FatimaMK: 8:47pm On Jun 16, 2022
Actually, I didn't have any insider information regarding such a timeline. All I know is that it takes PTDF 5 to 6 weeks after interview to publish the list of successful applicants.
Liebermann:

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by youngelder(m): 10:05pm On Jun 16, 2022
biosystech:

Oh.. Nice one bro.

I guess we should get the scholarship first then...
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by opani1: 7:12am On Jun 17, 2022
If it takes PTDF 5 to 6 weeks to release list, Then how much time will admission process now take expecially UK APPLICANTS.

IN ALL WE PUT OUR TRUST IN JESUS

FatimaMK:
Actually, I didn't have any insider information regarding such a timeline. All I know is that it takes PTDF 5 to 6 weeks after interview to publish the list of successful applicants.
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by DMainMan: 8:25am On Jun 17, 2022
opani1:
If it takes PTDF 5 to 6 weeks to release list, Then how much time will admission process now take expecially UK APPLICANTS.

IN ALL WE PUT OUR TRUST IN JESUS

I mentioned it when I opened this thread that everyone should try and get admission upfront to avoid deferment to next year.

Some people here don't even have international passport which is essential for admission and other scholarship opportunities.

PTDF won't secure admission for you.

However, visa, flight and living expenses will be actioned by PTDF.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by DMainMan: 8:31am On Jun 17, 2022
Liebermann:

July all things being equal after Eid Adha.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (119) (Reply)

Yabatech 2014/2015 Post Utme Examination/screening, Result And Admission Detail / 2016/2017 Obafemi Awolowo University Aspirant / Osun State University (uniosun) 2015/2016 Post Utme/admission Thread

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.