Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,748 members, 7,820,584 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:34 PM

Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme - Education (80) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme (310263 Views)

Apply For 2024/2025 PTDF Overseas Scholarship Scheme / Apply For 2023/2024 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme / 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (119) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by iamjp87(m): 2:09pm On Jun 17, 2022
DMainMan:

I mentioned it when I opened this thread that everyone should try and get admission upfront to avoid deferment to next year.

Some people here don't even have international passport which is essential for admission and other scholarship opportunities.

PTDF won't secure admission for you.

However, visa, flight and living expenses will be actioned by PTDF.

I don't mind deferment, if given the scholarship opportunity.

4 Likes

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jun 17, 2022
iamjp87:

Neither do I.

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by jlomz: 4:27pm On Jun 17, 2022
LSS Scholarship interviews ending tmrrw
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Dreldee: 5:23pm On Jun 17, 2022
jlomz:
LSS Scholarship interviews ending tmrrw
Yes oo
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by DMainMan: 6:03pm On Jun 17, 2022
iamjp87:

Lol but anything can happen because there might be a new ruling party and government next year.
That was one scholarship that was cancelled in the past when a new government came in.

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by DGreatACO(m): 6:14pm On Jun 17, 2022
Tingotoe:
You have 2 years to get admitted into a foreign university so you're covered until 2024
Hi Tingotoe
Was it stated during the orientation exercise? Otherwise, how did you know about this please?
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Engr2016: 6:16pm On Jun 17, 2022
Well, may GOD forbit that o. Anyway, my advice to anyone who wants to defer the admission after winning the scholarship, please target January 2023. Deferring your admission to anything more than 6 months is not an ideal or a wise approach even if the current PTDF management permits it. Remember, rules, regulations, policy and even the government itself might change later.

DMainMan:

Lol but anything can happen because there might be a new ruling party and government next year.
That was one scholarship that was cancelled in the past when a new government came in.

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by EdoBoy90(m): 10:10pm On Jun 17, 2022
Nice one
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by FatimaMK: 6:46am On Jun 18, 2022
I think that happened in NITDA not PTDF sir. And if I could remember the scholarship exams were conducted under same government, it was the DG of the agency that was charged and he decided to cancel the scholarship for that year. I was the victim of that. The change of the DG was announced on the very day I had my exams.
DMainMan:

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by HausaIgboYoruba: 7:20am On Jun 18, 2022
FatimaMK:
I think that happened in NITDA not PTDF sir. And if I could remember the scholarship exams were conducted under same government, it was the DG of the agency that was charged and he decided to cancel the scholarship for that year. I was the victim of that. The change of the DG was announced on the very day I had my exams.
He might be referring to the Presidential Special Scholarship for Innovation and Development (PRESSID) which was cancelled when the new administration came in 2015

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by DMainMan: 7:20am On Jun 18, 2022
FatimaMK:
Yes you are right about NITDA. It also happened for PRESSID too.
Sorry about NITDA bro. I can't just imagine that feeling.

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by KoolK: 7:36am On Jun 18, 2022
DMainMan:

Yes you are right about NITDA. It also happened for PRESSID too.
Sorry about NITDA bro. I can't just imagine that feeling.
Asinn ehnn..after person don tell him community people finish and e don do thanksgiving for church.

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by tolaade1960: 9:54am On Jun 18, 2022
Its better you apply , get admitted and resume studies this year because next year is change of government. And even budget issue.

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Engr2016: 10:57am On Jun 18, 2022
That's why in all that we do, let's not forget the importance of prayer too.

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by perrychemical: 11:25am On Jun 18, 2022
KoolK:

Asinn ehnn..after person don tell him community people finish and e don do thanksgiving for church.

PTDF cannot be cancelled anyhow. Is a sure schorlaship

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Salyass555(m): 1:43pm On Jun 18, 2022
DMainMan:

I mentioned it when I opened this thread that everyone should try and get admission upfront to avoid deferment to next year.

Some people here don't even have international passport which is essential for admission and other scholarship opportunities.

PTDF won't secure admission for you.

However, visa, flight and living expenses will be actioned by PTDF.

I hope you know that PTDF can change the country a person chose. You can choose Germany and when the scholarship is out they will change it to France or Malaysia. PTDF does that all the time. So Imagine paying application fee of €100 and ending up getting a different country. To my understanding it is far better one wait for the shortlist, especially if you are for FGM.
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by babey543: 3:59pm On Jun 18, 2022
mhosqo:

Please kindly point me in the right direction. I would also like to explore other avenues. Thank you
Google.
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by tom4greatness: 4:01pm On Jun 18, 2022
Are you good at solving mathematics problem so well? Have you been looking for how to make some dollars online as a mathematics tutor? Search no more. I will expose you to an online platform based in America that accept Nigerian tutors online and pay them in dollars straight to their bank account( All you need is just your cell phone and strong internet connection). You can make at least $500 per month (around 250000 naira) if you follow my steps. If you are interested send me a DM on WhatsApp 07031912193. ( Strictly for Maths tutor please).

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Engr2016: 4:01pm On Jun 18, 2022
Is this synonymous to FGM only?
Salyass555:
I hope you know that PTDF can change the country a person chose. You can choose Germany and when the scholarship is out they will change it to France or Malaysia. PTDF does that all the time. So Imagine paying application fee of €100 and ending up getting a different country. To my understanding it is far better one wait for the shortlist, especially if you are for FGM.
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by nupeman: 4:20pm On Jun 18, 2022
Salyass555:
You can email the school to give you a waiver on the application fee, tell them you're a potential ptdf candidate and awaiting their response
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Salyass555(m): 5:11pm On Jun 18, 2022
Engr2016:
Is this synonymous to FGM only?
I haven’t seen anyone choosing UK and ending up getting FGM.
But I have seen many FGM scholars that got their second or third choice after shortlisting.

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Salyass555(m): 5:11pm On Jun 18, 2022
nupeman:

You can email the school to give you a waiver on the application fee, tell them you're a potential ptdf candidate and awaiting their response
If that would work I guess it is fine.
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by sambanjo2000: 10:28pm On Jun 18, 2022
What about application for PhD in the UK? What's the procedure?
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by ExpertNLer: 6:44pm On Jun 19, 2022
I have seen it happen. PTDF reserves the right to allocate you either UK or FGM depending on how things work out in your state. If for example you did very well but not well enough for UK, but you surpassed all the FGM applicants, they can move you to FGM. Happened to my mentee.
Salyass555:

I haven’t seen anyone choosing UK and ending up getting FGM.
But I have seen many FGM scholars that got their second or third choice after shortlisting.
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by jlomz: 8:38pm On Jun 19, 2022
ExpertNLer:
I have seen it happen. PTDF reserves the right to allocate you either UK or FGM depending on how things work out in your state. If for example you did very well but not well enough for UK, but you surpassed all the FGM applicants, they can move you to FGM. Happened to my mentee.

How did he know he surpassed all the FGM?

3 Likes

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by KoolK: 12:16am On Jun 20, 2022
jlomz:

Lol.nice one..please answer o.

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Yabani1122: 6:46am On Jun 20, 2022
KoolK:

Lol.nice one..please answer o.
Ko o question. Of cause for him to have been awarded d FGM which was not d country he selected shows he did very well as compared to other guys who selected FGM. Las Las na still grace in disguise
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by jlomz: 7:12am On Jun 20, 2022
Yabani1122:

Ko o question. Of cause for him to have been awarded d FGM which was not d country he selected shows he did very well as compared to other guys who selected FGM. Las Las na still grace in disguise

Make dem no confuse us for this thread like this oooooO, first they said competition is between candidates from same states and also country of choice, more like one is only competing against those from his state and the country he/she choosed.

Even PTDF said you cannot choose UK and switch to FGM, but you have the option of turnionown around FGM (maybe dem no too rate FGM), now the comrade is saying reason his mentee ended in FGM is because he outperformed those that choosed FGM (like PTDF shared the result sheet with the successful candidates?), maybe previous or current scholars can help us confirm.

I can understand if maybe his mentee secured the scholarship on choice UK, but found a way of switching to FGM after getting the award, but that he outperformed those that choosed FGM and PTDF switched it for him? That invalidates the earlier assertions made then.

My only question sef that I'm curious about is, why are some Nigerians that have already secured MSc abroad coming to jostle for PTDF scholarship for MSc category again?

I wish us all the best honestly, it's just God's mercy and grace, because when you check people you're competing against, people that have lived their lives abroad sef or even secured First Degree abroad still also return to hustle it with you that have not neared Airport before, but God will help all of us!

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by Aremson14(m): 7:18am On Jun 20, 2022
jlomz:

Make dem no confuse us for this thread like this oooooO, first they said competition is between candidates from same states and also country of choice, more like one is only competing against those from his state and the country he/she choosed.

Even PTDF said you cannot choose UK and switch to FGM, but you have the option of turnionown around FGM (maybe dem no too rate FGM), now the comrade is saying reason his mentee ended in FGM is because he outperformed those that choosed FGM (like PTDF shared the result sheet with the successful candidates?), maybe previous or current scholars can help us confirm.

I can understand if maybe his mentee secured the scholarship on choice UK, but found a way of switching to FGM after getting the award, but that he outperformed those that choosed FGM and PTDF switched it for him? That invalidates the earlier assertions made then.

My only question sef that I'm curious about is, why are some Nigerians that have already secured MSc abroad coming to jostle for PTDF scholarship for MSc category again?

I wish us all the best honestly, it's just God's mercy and grace, because when you check people you're competing against, people that have lived their lives abroad sef or even secured First Degree abroad still also return to hustle it with you that have not neared Airport before, but God will help all of us!
Amen! God help us all
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by writingpal: 7:33am On Jun 20, 2022
For your SOP writing, Resume, Scholarship Essays, Recommendation letter review in 24hours. +2348135305367
Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by ExpertNLer: 9:03am On Jun 20, 2022
Because when he got award letter at PTDF towers he went to complain to them that he didn't chose FGM in his application - that's when they told him PTDF reserves the right to give you any one and explained it to him
jlomz:

Re: Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme by jlomz: 10:57am On Jun 20, 2022
ExpertNLer:
Because when he got award letter at PTDF towers he went to complain to them that he didn't chose FGM in his application - that's when they told him PTDF reserves the right to give you any one and explained it to him

That means nothing like advantage for choosing whichever country then, we're all competing with the over 150 candidates from our respective states with PTDF solely with the right to award to whichever country they deem fit.

All the best comrades, be like na to go sabbatical till when list come out with my name for inside

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (119) (Reply)

Yabatech 2014/2015 Post Utme Examination/screening, Result And Admission Detail / 2016/2017 Obafemi Awolowo University Aspirant / Osun State University (uniosun) 2015/2016 Post Utme/admission Thread

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.