Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,128 members, 7,811,187 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:39 AM

Caught A Green Snake And I Want To Keep It As Pet - Pets (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Caught A Green Snake And I Want To Keep It As Pet (51546 Views)

I Just Killed A Green Snake In My Car. / Finally Got A Wild Bird As Pet (Photos) / Man Killed By Lion He Kept As Pet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Caught A Green Snake And I Want To Keep It As Pet by Awoleesu(m): 9:23pm On Dec 24, 2021
En'ranu... Bi on ti mon fiku sere niyen!

Re: Caught A Green Snake And I Want To Keep It As Pet by Princeton92(m): 9:24pm On Dec 24, 2021
Please kindly update us with your pet keeping everyday

gentlemmy:
I was bored and decide to stroll around the compound, there is this particular spot where snakes usually chill early hours of the day or late evening. I've never seen one but anytime I'm there, I'm always cautious and secretely wish to see snakes (I've this double feeling about snakes, I hate it but like seeing it)

Lo and behold, I saw this juvenile snake hunting for insect or so, it sense my movement and run to safety, I thought of letting it go but in few months time, it'll be all grown and pose a threat to people around.

I picked a stone and threw on it and boom I hit it spine, it motion was limited and I picked it.

Lala dont do "paedo-snake" so no need to call him
Re: Caught A Green Snake And I Want To Keep It As Pet by 6ixT8: 9:25pm On Dec 24, 2021
joeking2222:
Just prepare urself to b hunting lizard up and down. In case u go buy catapult, i fit ship am come ur doorstep for free!!! Goodluck bro

lizard, as to the possibility he would need it for remedy; should in case he eventually got bitten from the green snake in distance time ?
Re: Caught A Green Snake And I Want To Keep It As Pet by toprealman: 9:25pm On Dec 24, 2021
DoggoneDogg:

Are you aware that this is a black mamba??

@Seun, It's time to start deducting from that your members stats counting up there when a Nairalander dies.
You are right. I remember the snake in the city guy on DSTV and some of is snake lectures....shape of head, colour I side the mouth...etc.
This guy just got lucky.
Re: Caught A Green Snake And I Want To Keep It As Pet by Nobody: 9:25pm On Dec 24, 2021
waxxydude:
How can it be a ”black” mamba when it's green?

Black mamba is not black in colour. It is called black mamba because the inside of its mouth is black.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Caught A Green Snake And I Want To Keep It As Pet by chris51(f): 9:26pm On Dec 24, 2021
No other pet is attractive than snake.
God will help you
Re: Caught A Green Snake And I Want To Keep It As Pet by chris51(f): 9:27pm On Dec 24, 2021
chris51:
No other pet is attractive than snake.
God will help you
Re: Caught A Green Snake And I Want To Keep It As Pet by benzion72(m): 9:27pm On Dec 24, 2021
You are playing with danger . That snake is so fast. You can capture it in the morning because they are cold blooded animal they need warmth to be active, that snake do jump from one place to another
Re: Caught A Green Snake And I Want To Keep It As Pet by SuperbCrown: 9:28pm On Dec 24, 2021
gentlemmy:

Whats discourage me most was when it mouth opened, the black colouration rings a bell in my head "juvenile green mamber" cos I know black mambers are not black in colour, more of grey but the black colouration in their mouth thats why it called black mamber.

Pics of black mouth

Re: Caught A Green Snake And I Want To Keep It As Pet by Antoeni(m): 9:31pm On Dec 24, 2021
Suit yourself
Re: Caught A Green Snake And I Want To Keep It As Pet by Nobody: 9:31pm On Dec 24, 2021
By the time it grows up, u will think it is daniel in the lions den.
Re: Caught A Green Snake And I Want To Keep It As Pet by Kobojunkie: 9:31pm On Dec 24, 2021
Misturman:
So every other coloured snake is a black mamba That's a green mamba
Green or black, the point is it us venomous. undecided

Re: Caught A Green Snake And I Want To Keep It As Pet by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 9:34pm On Dec 24, 2021
Please, can someone check on the OP to see if he is still alive?

3 Likes

Re: Caught A Green Snake And I Want To Keep It As Pet by seunayantokun(m): 9:34pm On Dec 24, 2021
A dead pet? Because this snake I see here is dead. But if not so, continue - you are as good as dead.
Re: Caught A Green Snake And I Want To Keep It As Pet by Gunayo(m): 9:35pm On Dec 24, 2021
In case you get to the other side of the world after death when the snake finally kiss you for your love, just prepare your mind to be tormented not only by demons but also by the people that died due to snake bite. Last thing, your burial will be stress free and devoid of mourners.

2 Likes

Re: Caught A Green Snake And I Want To Keep It As Pet by NairaMaster1(m): 9:36pm On Dec 24, 2021
gentlemmy:
I was bored and decide to stroll around the compound, there is this particular spot where snakes usually chill early hours of the day or late evening. I've never seen one but anytime I'm there, I'm always cautious and secretely wish to see snakes (I've this double feeling about snakes, I hate it but like seeing it)

Lo and behold, I saw this juvenile snake hunting for insect or so, it sense my movement and run to safety, I thought of letting it go but in few months time, it'll be all grown and pose a threat to people around.

I picked a stone and threw on it and boom I hit it spine, it motion was limited and I picked it.

A green snake in green grass.
Re: Caught A Green Snake And I Want To Keep It As Pet by anataala: 9:38pm On Dec 24, 2021
That’s a green mamba be careful one bite that end of your chapter
gentlemmy:

Re: Caught A Green Snake And I Want To Keep It As Pet by 99thEnemy(m): 9:38pm On Dec 24, 2021
waxxydude:
How can it be a ”black” mamba when it's green?

black mambas are not black ... The black in the name is gotten from the color of its mouth inside.

They are mostly grey bodied.

Green mamba's have a whitish or so mouth if I remember well from the documentary i watched some time ago about misconceptions about snakes on NatGeo Wild.

Black mambas are not found in West Africa but Green mambas are.

Not sure what that snake is [s]but I feel it is not in the Mamba family (I might be wrong) [/s]

Edit: Daaaaaaaaaaaaamn e be like say na green mamba true true oh!
This OP village people STROOOOOOOOOONG!!! grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Caught A Green Snake And I Want To Keep It As Pet by Holger: 9:40pm On Dec 24, 2021
Nah,bro get the black one very easy to cater for and economical, thank me later perhaps under the canopy.

1 Like

Re: Caught A Green Snake And I Want To Keep It As Pet by 123papas(m): 9:43pm On Dec 24, 2021
Green mamba
gentlemmy:
I thought of keeping it in a bowl or container but I dont trust snakes, it may creep out and lurk in my lodge, I thought of air tight container, it may suffocate and die, it thougt of a small cage but snakes are sleek in nature so obvisously, it'll find it way out.

Whats discourage me most was when it mouth opened, the black colouration rings a bell in my head "juvenile green mamber" cos I know black mambers are not black in colour, more of grey but the black colouration in their mouth thats why it called black mamber.

Within 40mins, the snakes look lethergic I think cos of the place of impact on it back and it doesnt look like it'll survive the next few hours, so I decided to give it quick and painless death.

Pics of black mouth
Re: Caught A Green Snake And I Want To Keep It As Pet by Stevyne: 9:49pm On Dec 24, 2021
Sekoni003:
Classic example of pushing one's luck. I hope you know not all green snakes are non-venomous? God help you if that snake is actually venomous. People sha, wahala go jejely sidon on hin own you go dey send am invite cheesy
E get one proverb that says he who the gods wants to kill.............

1 Like

Re: Caught A Green Snake And I Want To Keep It As Pet by LollySeaSide: 9:50pm On Dec 24, 2021
DoggoneDogg:

Are you aware that this is a black mamba??

@Seun, It's time to start deducting from that your members stats counting up there when a Nairalander dies.
It's a green mamba not a black mamba.
Black mambas are grey.
Re: Caught A Green Snake And I Want To Keep It As Pet by Asiwaju9ja(m): 9:52pm On Dec 24, 2021
gentlemmy:

See who want train snake. He dey take picture for ground. Carry the snake take better pishuremake we see your pet.
Re: Caught A Green Snake And I Want To Keep It As Pet by Kingfragz: 9:53pm On Dec 24, 2021
gentlemmy:

you sound very intelligent...kudos man

1 Like

Re: Caught A Green Snake And I Want To Keep It As Pet by LollySeaSide: 9:53pm On Dec 24, 2021
Stevyne:
E get one proverb that says he who the gods wants to kill.............
... they first make them use green snake for belt.

1 Like

Re: Caught A Green Snake And I Want To Keep It As Pet by folabala: 9:55pm On Dec 24, 2021
I saw this snake yesterday, exactly... I was receiving a call so I ignored it... But be less friendly with the snake... Na who first serve oooo
Re: Caught A Green Snake And I Want To Keep It As Pet by Venymen(m): 9:55pm On Dec 24, 2021
Misturman:
.. Just incaae e bite u, make person dey around to time how long e go take for green mamba bite to kill person, I have a feeling d question go come out for biology waec
You have said it all

1 Like

Re: Caught A Green Snake And I Want To Keep It As Pet by Holaomoakin(m): 9:56pm On Dec 24, 2021
Re: Caught A Green Snake And I Want To Keep It As Pet by Stevyne: 9:57pm On Dec 24, 2021
LollySeaSide:

... they first make them use green snake for belt.
Lwkm..
You have said it all grin

1 Like

Re: Caught A Green Snake And I Want To Keep It As Pet by Spain007(m): 9:59pm On Dec 24, 2021
adisabarber:

Hope you have prepared your will

He dey bored and in the village,how come he go get something to will....if not Snake?
Re: Caught A Green Snake And I Want To Keep It As Pet by Focusmind: 10:00pm On Dec 24, 2021
This is a black mamba bro. Just see it's mouth. People should find time to watch Simon Keys and his girlfriend, Suzzy on NatGeoWide, Snake in the city. You will get to know and understand various types of snakes.
Re: Caught A Green Snake And I Want To Keep It As Pet by shawante(m): 10:01pm On Dec 24, 2021
SweetDipBenny:
which one is green mamba Is not called black mamba because of d colour of d skin but because d whole inside mouth is black. And yes black mamba comes in different colour including green
You are asking me which one is green mamba.. And you are still saying that black mamba comes in different color including green.
Are you not a mumu man.

NB..it should be '' a mamba comes in different colors'' not '' a black mamba comes in different colors''

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lagos Landlord Hangs Tenant's Dog On The Ceiling (Photo) / Double Celebrations As My Dog Gives Birth Today! / Python Tried To Eat Family Dog And Mistakenly Swallows It's Blanket Instead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.