Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,304 members, 7,819,036 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:20 AM

Caught A Green Snake And I Want To Keep It As Pet - Pets (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Caught A Green Snake And I Want To Keep It As Pet (51572 Views)

I Just Killed A Green Snake In My Car. / Finally Got A Wild Bird As Pet (Photos) / Man Killed By Lion He Kept As Pet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Caught A Green Snake And I Want To Keep It As Pet by xeratek: 8:38pm On Dec 24, 2021
Happy birthday to you
Re: Caught A Green Snake And I Want To Keep It As Pet by HEAVEN4444: 8:38pm On Dec 24, 2021
grin
Re: Caught A Green Snake And I Want To Keep It As Pet by NamelessOGBENI(m): 8:39pm On Dec 24, 2021
Lately, OP have been fighting against wild thoughts....

1 Like

Re: Caught A Green Snake And I Want To Keep It As Pet by ahnie: 8:39pm On Dec 24, 2021
You can also keep this guy as a pet too

4 Likes

Re: Caught A Green Snake And I Want To Keep It As Pet by adecz: 8:40pm On Dec 24, 2021
⏩⏩ Cobra is better... wink wink wink
Re: Caught A Green Snake And I Want To Keep It As Pet by thundafire: 8:41pm On Dec 24, 2021
Sekoni003:
Classic example of pushing one's luck. I hope you know not all green snakes are non-venomous? God help you if that snake is actually venomous. People sha, wahala go jejely sidon on hin own you go dey send am invite cheesy
Tah all green snakes are dangerous

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Caught A Green Snake And I Want To Keep It As Pet by Judolisco(m): 8:41pm On Dec 24, 2021
Na black mamba bdis.. Look at it's mouth.. Dat stuff go kill u oh..better kill it or release it.. My one cent

3 Likes

Re: Caught A Green Snake And I Want To Keep It As Pet by danot1030: 8:42pm On Dec 24, 2021
gentlemmy:
I was bored and decide to stroll around the compound, there is this particular spot where snakes usually chill early hours of the day or late evening. I've never seen one but anytime I'm there, I'm always cautious and secretely wish to see snakes (I've this double feeling about snakes, I hate it but like seeing it)

Lo and behold, I saw this juvenile snake hunting for insect or so, it sense my movement and run to safety, I thought of letting it go but in few months time, it'll be all grown and pose a threat to people around.

I picked a stone and threw on it and boom I hit it spine, it motion was limited and I picked it.

Lala dont do "paedo-snake" so no need to call him

Nna keep it in your room or wardrobe

1 Like

Re: Caught A Green Snake And I Want To Keep It As Pet by mayorall(m): 8:43pm On Dec 24, 2021
gentlemmy:
I was bored and decide to stroll around the compound, there is this particular spot where snakes usually chill early hours of the day or late evening. I've never seen one but anytime I'm there, I'm always cautious and secretely wish to see snakes (I've this double feeling about snakes, I hate it but like seeing it)

Lo and behold, I saw this juvenile snake hunting for insect or so, it sense my movement and run to safety, I thought of letting it go but in few months time, it'll be all grown and pose a threat to people around.

I picked a stone and threw on it and boom I hit it spine, it motion was limited and I picked it.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Caught A Green Snake And I Want To Keep It As Pet by orbgoblin: 8:43pm On Dec 24, 2021
That could be a boomslang . And it is venomous. Just because it's green doesn't mean it's harmless . This is the male or those brown snakes you see. Be careful

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Caught A Green Snake And I Want To Keep It As Pet by babavik: 8:44pm On Dec 24, 2021
grin grin grin grin
Wow
You want to keep it as a pet? You must be a caring human being.
Just name it "Aisha" or "chi-chi"
Don't ask why?

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Caught A Green Snake And I Want To Keep It As Pet by Peace081: 8:44pm On Dec 24, 2021
gentlemmy:
I thought of keeping it in a bowl or container but I dont trust snakes, it may creep out and lurk in my lodge, I thought of air tight container, it may suffocate and die, it thougt of a small cage but snakes are sleek in nature so obvisously, it'll find it way out.

Whats discourage me most was when it mouth opened, the black colouration rings a bell in my head "juvenile green mamber" cos I know black mambers are not black in colour, more of grey but the black colouration in their mouth thats why it called black mamber.

Within 40mins, the snakes look lethergic I think cos of the place of impact on it back and it doesnt look like it'll survive the next few hours, so I decided to give it quick and painless death.

Pics of black mouth
But why you Mumu like this

3 Likes

Re: Caught A Green Snake And I Want To Keep It As Pet by jazon(m): 8:45pm On Dec 24, 2021
That's a mamba. Inside the mouth is black. One bite, You're gone forever

12 Likes

Re: Caught A Green Snake And I Want To Keep It As Pet by Nyanabo(m): 8:46pm On Dec 24, 2021
That's a green mamba. Usually lurks on top of trees were they easily blend.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Caught A Green Snake And I Want To Keep It As Pet by Zorn: 8:46pm On Dec 24, 2021
gentlemmy:

that snake is black mamba just kill it if you have not

2 Likes

Re: Caught A Green Snake And I Want To Keep It As Pet by TOPCRUISE(m): 8:46pm On Dec 24, 2021
gentlemmy:

Village people have been whispering to this one so as to use him to balance their account for the year end 2021 embarassed

11 Likes

Re: Caught A Green Snake And I Want To Keep It As Pet by Irupetepete: 8:46pm On Dec 24, 2021
zedegit:

So based on your logic, we should have yellow mamba, silver mamba, blue mamba.

Warris dis?

1 Like

Re: Caught A Green Snake And I Want To Keep It As Pet by Amalekki: 8:47pm On Dec 24, 2021
Village people, I troway salute in all the native tongues of Africa! Tuale! grin

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Caught A Green Snake And I Want To Keep It As Pet by CSTRR: 8:47pm On Dec 24, 2021
This idiot wants to win the Darwin awards.

Don't worry, your stupidity may yet "select" you out of this world of human species.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Caught A Green Snake And I Want To Keep It As Pet by micflo28(m): 8:48pm On Dec 24, 2021
Dude that’s a mamba. Check to be sure it doesn’t have fangs. If it does, You are on your own ooo

1 Like

Re: Caught A Green Snake And I Want To Keep It As Pet by Grandmeister(m): 8:48pm On Dec 24, 2021
gentlemmy:
I thought of keeping it in a bowl or container but I dont trust snakes, it may creep out and lurk in my lodge, I thought of air tight container, it may suffocate and die, it thougt of a small cage but snakes are sleek in nature so obvisously, it'll find it way out.

Whats discourage me most was when it mouth opened, the black colouration rings a bell in my head "juvenile green mamber" cos I know black mambers are not black in colour, more of grey but the black colouration in their mouth thats why it called black mamber.

Within 40mins, the snakes look lethergic I think cos of the place of impact on it back and it doesnt look like it'll survive the next few hours, so I decided to give it quick and painless death.

Pics of black mouth
That's not a green mamba..it's not a boomslang..it's not a vine snake..it's a bush snake. You have nothing to fear.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Caught A Green Snake And I Want To Keep It As Pet by lamalang(m): 8:49pm On Dec 24, 2021
You will be feeding him rats or eggs?

1 Like

Re: Caught A Green Snake And I Want To Keep It As Pet by Kingsasian(m): 8:49pm On Dec 24, 2021
Misturman:

So every other coloured snake is a black mamba That's a green mamba
oga just check Google na. They are called black mamba because of the inside of their mouth is black, not because of the colour of their skin

6 Likes

Re: Caught A Green Snake And I Want To Keep It As Pet by JBoss25(m): 8:49pm On Dec 24, 2021
Use am do pepper soup for Christmas
Re: Caught A Green Snake And I Want To Keep It As Pet by DispatcherLagos: 8:50pm On Dec 24, 2021
My own concern is that the mother wouldn't be very far away from where you met the juvenile killer

14 Likes

Re: Caught A Green Snake And I Want To Keep It As Pet by LOVEGINO(m): 8:50pm On Dec 24, 2021
Good news.
Re: Caught A Green Snake And I Want To Keep It As Pet by Mrklemo(m): 8:51pm On Dec 24, 2021
Village people don succeed ooo. You want to keep this devil � that deceived Eve as pet?... Oga wehdon o

8 Likes

Re: Caught A Green Snake And I Want To Keep It As Pet by Arrowss(m): 8:52pm On Dec 24, 2021
gentlemmy:

You said there is a place snakes do chill, yet you said you never saw one, then how did you know snakes do chill there?
That snake will kill you if you keep it, that's one of the most poisonous snake on earth, "green mamba" one strike, you are gone bro, RIP in advance.

14 Likes

Re: Caught A Green Snake And I Want To Keep It As Pet by Lightorder: 8:52pm On Dec 24, 2021
Big up! That is a way to go. Get two black ones. You will enjoy them
Re: Caught A Green Snake And I Want To Keep It As Pet by Indispensable85(m): 8:53pm On Dec 24, 2021
Your village people don dey close in on you gradually.

5 Likes

Re: Caught A Green Snake And I Want To Keep It As Pet by Nobody: 8:53pm On Dec 24, 2021
God forbid snakes, no go form oyibo dey keep snake as pet o.
Nobody go just visit you for house
Re: Caught A Green Snake And I Want To Keep It As Pet by Harddiskng(m): 8:54pm On Dec 24, 2021
@Op that snake looks venomous (black mouth doesn’t look like a good sign).

Agungun be cafeful na express you dey go.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lagos Landlord Hangs Tenant's Dog On The Ceiling (Photo) / Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe / Double Celebrations As My Dog Gives Birth Today!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.