Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,109 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:06 AM

AFCON 2021: Eguavoen Names Taiwo Awoniyi, Emmanuel Dennis To Replace Osimhen - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / AFCON 2021: Eguavoen Names Taiwo Awoniyi, Emmanuel Dennis To Replace Osimhen (34921 Views)

AFCON 2021: Eguavoen Bans Pinnick From Super Eagles’ Dressing Room / Awoniyi Should Replace Osimhen Not Ighalo – Fans / Taiwo Awoniyi Suffers Concussion, Rushed To Hospital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AFCON 2021: Eguavoen Names Taiwo Awoniyi, Emmanuel Dennis To Replace Osimhen by Nobody: 5:45pm On Dec 18, 2021
humility33:

Oga dont be deceived Sadiq Umar is the most skilled Nigeria forward with close resemblance to Kanu that can score and assist.... You have not watched or follow him

Taiwo is equally good too
Why is he not playing for a club in the top tier of the football league system?
Re: AFCON 2021: Eguavoen Names Taiwo Awoniyi, Emmanuel Dennis To Replace Osimhen by barcaboi(m): 5:51pm On Dec 18, 2021
Kriss216:

You're right.

He chose finished Ighalo and rusty Musa over these young bloods.
Man brought okoye and some others; the man wasn’t that bad.

4 Likes

Re: AFCON 2021: Eguavoen Names Taiwo Awoniyi, Emmanuel Dennis To Replace Osimhen by FalseProphet1(m): 5:53pm On Dec 18, 2021
Emperormartin:

Musa will still make the team even under Eguaveon. In fact lemme burst your bubble; musa will go to the World Cup if Nigeria qualifies.

See eh there’s sth you guys don’t understand about Musa; he’s not there on merit; he’s representing the northern region whose numbers in the National team are becoming slimmer on each new day…
You're right...

Same was the case with Garuba lawal until he retired, and the crazy thing was that lawal was making the fist 11 starting line up, despite the fact that there was nothing special about him.

The North will always want a representative in the super eagles.

This I have seen.

3 Likes

Re: AFCON 2021: Eguavoen Names Taiwo Awoniyi, Emmanuel Dennis To Replace Osimhen by humility33(m): 5:53pm On Dec 18, 2021
justosee:

Why is he not playing for a club in the top tier of the football league system?

His valuation is way high and moreover Almeria have declined to sell
Re: AFCON 2021: Eguavoen Names Taiwo Awoniyi, Emmanuel Dennis To Replace Osimhen by Nobody: 5:58pm On Dec 18, 2021
humility33:

His valuation is way high and moreover Almeria have declined to sell
Higher than what top clubs can afford? A club that competes in the second tier can afford to keep a player from his dream move?

2 Likes

Re: AFCON 2021: Eguavoen Names Taiwo Awoniyi, Emmanuel Dennis To Replace Osimhen by chudez0147(m): 6:08pm On Dec 18, 2021
kenzysmith:
That taiwo awoniyi i no trust am he is too handsome 4 afcon football why not go for sadiq or deseiers of feyanood . If nigeria see quater final 4 afcon make i kw wetin cause am. I see cameroun' home advantage' or algeria 'most inform team' winning afcon . Eguavean should make sure he cashout bigtime because this might be his last chance to collect bribe.
If you say Taiwo is too handsome, what would you say about Joe Aribo??
Re: AFCON 2021: Eguavoen Names Taiwo Awoniyi, Emmanuel Dennis To Replace Osimhen by Newton85: 6:11pm On Dec 18, 2021
Kriss216:

You're right.

Lol, you actually think it was Rohr that called back Ighalo? You don't know that Pinnick influences call-ups?

1 Like

Re: AFCON 2021: Eguavoen Names Taiwo Awoniyi, Emmanuel Dennis To Replace Osimhen by Omodua(m): 6:15pm On Dec 18, 2021
robosky02:

https://dailypost.ng/2021/12/18/afcon-2021-new-super-eagles-coach-names-two-players-to-replace-napolis-victor-osimhen/?amp=1
robosky02, Nigeria will not go for players plying their trade abroad if the league is well structured and organized. Most northern African teams make use of local league materials and are doing well. Not so here. Imagine the league in limbo for over five months and you expect stars from local front.
League organisers should be more active and ensure the league starts in time to make it more competitive and produce worthy champions that can stand on their own at continental and global showpiece.
Commencing league in December doesn't make sense!
Re: AFCON 2021: Eguavoen Names Taiwo Awoniyi, Emmanuel Dennis To Replace Osimhen by Newton85: 6:17pm On Dec 18, 2021
Emperormartin:

Musa will still make the team even under Eguaveon. In fact lemme burst your bubble; musa will go to the World Cup if Nigeria qualifies.

See eh there’s sth you guys don’t understand about Musa; he’s not there on merit; he’s representing the northern region whose numbers in the National team are becoming slimmer on each new day…
That Musa no longer merits a national call-up doesn't mean he didn't get into the Super Eagles on merit though. Even Alex Iwobi doesn't merit a call-up yet he's there.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: AFCON 2021: Eguavoen Names Taiwo Awoniyi, Emmanuel Dennis To Replace Osimhen by deji17: 6:21pm On Dec 18, 2021
Our defence is suspect. Very few of them in that department are good. Our midfield is weak. A playing pattern need to be established within a short time. Above all, the team needs to have a winning mentality.
Keshi did it and I hope Eguavoen has something to deliver.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: AFCON 2021: Eguavoen Names Taiwo Awoniyi, Emmanuel Dennis To Replace Osimhen by donbrowser(m): 6:23pm On Dec 18, 2021
Kriss216:

You're right.

Ighalo was not re-invited by Rohr but by Pinnick and the sports minister

2 Likes

Re: AFCON 2021: Eguavoen Names Taiwo Awoniyi, Emmanuel Dennis To Replace Osimhen by Newton85: 6:23pm On Dec 18, 2021
paulolee:

so u believe dt rhor makes dt decision on player callups n selection?? why do u think dt NFF had issues with keshi for fielding local based players in south African even though he was grinding results?
dey owed him, thinking he would fail so dey can sack him but he proved Dm wrong n won the AFCON with dt same "local league" material sunday mba scoring d winning goal??
not jus Nigeria, the football association in other countries are solely responsible for calling up players, why do u think dt pinnick do visit this players in dier club side? to jus snap pics or Wetin??
our wahala b say NFF dey involve bribe inside, the new coach knows all these n cnt stop it..
Keshi himself collected bribes bro. His major undoing was the invitation of Okechukwu Gabriel to the national team who was then playing for an academy club in Abuja. He even gave him number 10 shirt.

1 Like

Re: AFCON 2021: Eguavoen Names Taiwo Awoniyi, Emmanuel Dennis To Replace Osimhen by Igahbarr: 6:25pm On Dec 18, 2021
Emperormartin:

you are right, quota system in Nigeria football .

1 Like

Re: AFCON 2021: Eguavoen Names Taiwo Awoniyi, Emmanuel Dennis To Replace Osimhen by eeetuk(m): 6:26pm On Dec 18, 2021
According to Eguavoen, Union Berlin’s Taiwo Awoniyi and Watford’s Emmanuel Dennis are in line to replace Osimhen if the former Lille star does not make a full recovery before the upcoming Africa Cup of Nations, AFCON, in Cameroon next year."

Why would coach Eguavoen even consider Osimhen--who has history of injury?
Wrong start and may not end well for coach Eguavoen.
Re: AFCON 2021: Eguavoen Names Taiwo Awoniyi, Emmanuel Dennis To Replace Osimhen by seunmsg(m): 6:31pm On Dec 18, 2021
Awoniyi should be given the slot. He’s one of the hottest strikers in Europe right now.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: AFCON 2021: Eguavoen Names Taiwo Awoniyi, Emmanuel Dennis To Replace Osimhen by Shezzman: 6:31pm On Dec 18, 2021
Lol. U are too truthful.
kenzysmith:
That taiwo awoniyi i no trust am he is too handsome 4 afcon football why not go for sadiq or deseiers of feyanood . If nigeria see quater final 4 afcon make i kw wetin cause am. I see cameroun' home advantage' or algeria 'most inform team' winning afcon . Eguavean should make sure he cashout bigtime because this might be his last chance to collect bribe.
Re: AFCON 2021: Eguavoen Names Taiwo Awoniyi, Emmanuel Dennis To Replace Osimhen by Depressed101: 6:34pm On Dec 18, 2021
Kriss216:

You're right.

asin eh, our current hot players
Re: AFCON 2021: Eguavoen Names Taiwo Awoniyi, Emmanuel Dennis To Replace Osimhen by DarkJeddi(m): 6:34pm On Dec 18, 2021
TOPCRUISE:
Any super eagles coach that thinks the way Nigerians think will never win any tournament.

Any coach that cannot think outside the box and does not use his initiative but instead submit to sentiments and admit to players Nigerians want for any match will not go far.
You have said nothing..

Does Awoniyi and Dennis..

Not merit to replace Osihmen?

Or is calling Ighalo back..

Thinking outside the box?

And how was Keshi thinking?

When he won AFCON? sad
Re: AFCON 2021: Eguavoen Names Taiwo Awoniyi, Emmanuel Dennis To Replace Osimhen by Drogunov: 6:35pm On Dec 18, 2021
seunmsg:
Awoniyi should be given the slot. He’s one of the hottest strikers in Europe right now.

So you are wiser than Eguavon on soccer matters now? Your auditorship no do you?

1 Like

Re: AFCON 2021: Eguavoen Names Taiwo Awoniyi, Emmanuel Dennis To Replace Osimhen by Igahbarr: 6:37pm On Dec 18, 2021
1Loyoja1:
HELLO NAIRALANDER'S;
CHRISTMAS IS NEXT WEEK;
SINGLE TWO - ODD;
STAKE 20K AND WIN #40,000;
STAKE #40,000 AND WIN #80,000;
STAKE #100,000 AND WIN #200,000;

#PAYMENT AFTER WINNING;
WHATS-APP:

0 8 1 2 2 7 2 1 8 1 1
what if I didn't win, what happens to my money?
Re: AFCON 2021: Eguavoen Names Taiwo Awoniyi, Emmanuel Dennis To Replace Osimhen by asunmoGGMU(m): 6:52pm On Dec 18, 2021
FalseProphet1:

You're right...

Same was the case with Garuba lawal until he retired, and the crazy thing was that lawal was making the fist 11 starting line up, despite the fact that there was nothing special about him.

This I have seen.

Garba Lawal? He wasn't an outstanding player but damn. Please, how old are you?

2 Likes

Re: AFCON 2021: Eguavoen Names Taiwo Awoniyi, Emmanuel Dennis To Replace Osimhen by TheOgaBoss: 6:52pm On Dec 18, 2021
optimusprime2:
Coach be changing system now@ 5 minutes to 12... na waah o

This was my fear from the beginning, I hope the system is not completely distorted
What do u expect him to do since osimhen may not be available, they may not have envisaged that injury will take osimhen out since he is the best forward for Nigeria presently.
Re: AFCON 2021: Eguavoen Names Taiwo Awoniyi, Emmanuel Dennis To Replace Osimhen by BluntTheApostle(m): 7:08pm On Dec 18, 2021
optimusprime2:
Coach be changing system now@ 5 minutes to 12... na waah o

This was my fear from the beginning, I hope the system is not completely distorted

Was there a system in place under Rohr?

Supposing Rohr was still coach, can you guess his first 11 at AFCON 2022?

We know he would take the error-prone Ekong along, and the lazy Balogun. We know he would take Musa along, and Ighalo.

It is not like Rohr would win AFCON for us. So, why are you people worried that we are changing coaches at the last minute?

Since we are never going to win the AFCON, Eguaveon can enjoy some liberty. Who knows, we may even win the AFCON.

But certainly, we would never win the AFCON with Rohr as coach.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: AFCON 2021: Eguavoen Names Taiwo Awoniyi, Emmanuel Dennis To Replace Osimhen by safarigirl(f): 7:12pm On Dec 18, 2021
kenzysmith:
Na only fine fine boys I wan dey see for AFCON, so that if we lose match, I go console myself with all the hailing wey women dey hail my guys.

Awoniyi for front, Semi Ajayi for defense, then Okoye go come finish them for post.

Beautiful men na who I wan dey see now.

2 Likes

Re: AFCON 2021: Eguavoen Names Taiwo Awoniyi, Emmanuel Dennis To Replace Osimhen by FalseProphet1(m): 7:18pm On Dec 18, 2021
asunmoGGMU:

Garba Lawal? He wasn't an outstanding player but damn. Please, how old are you?
I don't get you... are you saying that Garuba lawal was an exceptional player?
Re: AFCON 2021: Eguavoen Names Taiwo Awoniyi, Emmanuel Dennis To Replace Osimhen by tafat: 7:28pm On Dec 18, 2021
I'm really happy Nigeria is beginning to have so many world class talents to choose from.

2 Likes

Re: AFCON 2021: Eguavoen Names Taiwo Awoniyi, Emmanuel Dennis To Replace Osimhen by femi4: 7:38pm On Dec 18, 2021
robosky02:
If na one coach...

[Taiwo] Awoniyi and [Emmanuel] Dennis.”

Will never smell AFCON
lol...I was about to type that

1 Like

Re: AFCON 2021: Eguavoen Names Taiwo Awoniyi, Emmanuel Dennis To Replace Osimhen by femi4: 7:41pm On Dec 18, 2021
FalseProphet1:

You're right...

This I have seen.
Garba Lawal was there on merit.

Go back and watch Atlanta 96 and Nig vs Spain in 98. Lawal is always helping in the defense

2 Likes

Re: AFCON 2021: Eguavoen Names Taiwo Awoniyi, Emmanuel Dennis To Replace Osimhen by Freeman85(m): 7:47pm On Dec 18, 2021
We perfectly understand this
Emperormartin:

1 Like

Re: AFCON 2021: Eguavoen Names Taiwo Awoniyi, Emmanuel Dennis To Replace Osimhen by msughdoo: 8:01pm On Dec 18, 2021
For your info, Emmanuel Dennis from Adamawa, is a northerner. Zaidu Sanusi is sure of a place and he is a northerner. Moses Simon is a northerner.

Emperormartin:

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Benedict Ugwu Sacked As Manager During Nigeria Premier League Match / Matthijs De Ligt Scores Own Goal In His First Start For Juventus / Fabio Lanipekun Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.