Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,995 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:45 AM

Teni Clashes With Shizzi For Claiming He Originally Produced Hit Song, ‘Case' - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Teni Clashes With Shizzi For Claiming He Originally Produced Hit Song, ‘Case' (22721 Views)

Kemi Olunloyo Clashes With SARS Officers At Ecobank In Lagos / Shizzi, Davido's Producer Calls For Collaboration With Wizkid / Davido Celebrates Shizzi, The Man That Changed His Life, On His Birthday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Teni Clashes With Shizzi For Claiming He Originally Produced Hit Song, ‘Case' by Lexusgs430: 1:58am On Dec 20, 2021
pesty100:
was his beat really remade? Listen to both versions of the songs it songs different to me

It's not about who completed the task, but who started it............... Without the start, a completion would have not existed, in that format .......

1 Like

Re: Teni Clashes With Shizzi For Claiming He Originally Produced Hit Song, ‘Case' by Chochovini: 5:15am On Dec 20, 2021
Vinnie2000:

Hope Shizzi didn't Steal some of her Songs and Dash it to Mr Froggy, back den? sad
. Abeg, who is Mr Froggy again.
Re: Teni Clashes With Shizzi For Claiming He Originally Produced Hit Song, ‘Case' by chatinent: 5:34am On Dec 20, 2021
Teni is ungrateful.

She should be thanking stars Shizzy let things slide. Her career would have been so fcked.

Little wonder Case seems to be the best of all.

The Stem says it all. She never knew he kept record! She even used his sig “shizzy, for your case o” before running to another producer.

How little things hurt.

I read his tweet to her why she did it.
Her response was rude...of course, she felt she was a celeb now!

It was no underrating! Shizzy was producing it as little as they were paying him.
Re: Teni Clashes With Shizzi For Claiming He Originally Produced Hit Song, ‘Case' by Chochovini: 5:39am On Dec 20, 2021
ENIGMATIC2023:
Is that why Teni is not singing good songs again. Karma knows everyone's address.
. Before which good song has she ever sang apart from this controversial song “Case“?
Re: Teni Clashes With Shizzi For Claiming He Originally Produced Hit Song, ‘Case' by oyeb15: 6:04am On Dec 20, 2021
Producer, do you Know where the girl enter before she hit?

Moreover,am bother by her words saying you gave her songs out. That means you sold some of her songs to talentless but rich artistes like....

1 Like

Re: Teni Clashes With Shizzi For Claiming He Originally Produced Hit Song, ‘Case' by movid(m): 6:32am On Dec 20, 2021
WoundedLamb:
It's possible he participated in creating the song even if he didn't fully produce it. But it appears he let it all slip away cause he didn't know it would become something big.

So why the change of mind now?

@bolded: Where is it?
True talk. I go follow am talk make he drop the issue. And na if he go listen. Seyi no need all these drama. But e dey pain person attimes oo..like this is my sweat nah.
Re: Teni Clashes With Shizzi For Claiming He Originally Produced Hit Song, ‘Case' by Pappyxar: 6:45am On Dec 20, 2021
slimghost:

You don’t understand how music works. His claim is that they remade his beat. If Teni was under contract then and he can prove that even the chords are same, SONY will take down that music.
Producing a song and recording(voicing) are 2 different things.
Shizzy is not claiming the song was recorded in his studio. His claim is that the instrumental was birthed by him. And from what I have heard from the 2 instruments, he has a solid case.
People should stop egging Teni on because some musicians have paid for lesser IP theft. She should just let this die down.

Let's have a conversation as i can see you've got experience in the music world.
Did you actually listened to the beat Shizzi dropped, listen carefully, note the chords and progression, now compare it with Davido IF and Fall is there any difference, same beat was used on one of Kizz daniel song which wasn't produced by Shizzi.

If was produced by Tekno in 2017
Fall by Kiddominant in 2019
Case was released in 2018

I hope you note the years, now on IP, when Shizzi finally makes the mistake of asking sony to bring the song down, how about Teni producer coming up with a defence by tendering Davido IF song which was produced before CASE and had the same chords, Don't you think Tekno should be the one suing Shizzi for IP theft since he used his Chords.

Shizzi doesn't have anything to win this case, producers are always fond of copying other producers chords tho some might change and finetune it...

Teni never recorded the song with him, there's no proof to that, she freestyled on a beat which she can equally do to any beat been played to her by any producer, not forgetting that she bought herself out of the contract with Shizzi.

So with all this if you were to be a judge will the case still be of an IP theft or defamation of character against Shizzi.

2 Likes

Re: Teni Clashes With Shizzi For Claiming He Originally Produced Hit Song, ‘Case' by Soulsymbol99: 7:01am On Dec 20, 2021
This fight looks scripted undecided
Re: Teni Clashes With Shizzi For Claiming He Originally Produced Hit Song, ‘Case' by slimghost(m): 7:01am On Dec 20, 2021
Pappyxar:

Let's have a conversation as i can see you've got experience in the music world.
Did you actually listened to the beat Shizzi dropped, listen carefully, note the chords and progression, now compare it with Davido IF and Fall is there any difference, same beat was used on one of Kizz daniel song which wasn't produced by Shizzi.

I hope you note the years, now on IP, when Shizzi finally makes the mistake of asking sony to bring the song down, how about Teni producer coming up with a defence by tendering Davido IF song which was produced before CASE and had the same chords, Don't you think Tekno should be the one suing Shizzi for IP theft since he used his Chords.

Shizzi doesn't have anything to win this case, producers are always fond of copying other producers chords tho some might change and finetune it...

Teni never recorded the song with him, there's no proof to that, she freestyled on a beat which she can equally do to any beat been played to her by any producer, not forgetting that she bought herself out of the contract with Shizzi.

So with all this if you were to be a judge will the case still be of an IP theft or defamation of character against Shizzi.

The only thing he needs to tender is that video of both himself and Teni lacing that beat together and Teni even giving him a shout as the producer.
Then anybody that listens to both instrumentals will come to a conclusion easily.
This case is easy. People have paid for music IP theft without video evidence sef. A lot.
Re: Teni Clashes With Shizzi For Claiming He Originally Produced Hit Song, ‘Case' by Pappyxar: 7:14am On Dec 20, 2021
slimghost:

The only thing he needs to tender is that video of both himself and Teni lacing that beat together and Teni even giving him a shout as the producer.
Then anybody that listens to both instrumentals will come to a conclusion easily.
This case is easy. People have paid for music IP theft without video evidence sef. A lot.

Teni Producer for Case already showed the time stamp when he made the beat and produced the song, and on this issue of giving Shizzi a shoutout in the video, that is what any and every artiste will do, i can come to your studio and you play me some chords then i freestyle inputting your name cus i was feeling the vibes or as a way to honor you as my boss.
listen carefully to the beat she was freestyling to and the stems Shizzi drops they don't even match, it took Shizzi 5hours to drop a stem, like wtf if you own the beat and you are so sure why take 5hours, but he was giving instant response to her when the dragging was ongoing, 5hours is enough to create what he posted...

Ain't saying Teni is right or Shizzi is wrong, but what Royalties does Shizzi want again, will he do all this had it been Case didn't make limelight.

Try listen to both beat with a good headset in a quite place, both beat are different
Re: Teni Clashes With Shizzi For Claiming He Originally Produced Hit Song, ‘Case' by ButterBurger: 7:18am On Dec 20, 2021
Even if chizzy could be right, but make dem give am cold pure water make he drink jor.
He can't win this war.
You know fan base are actually like blind followers, dem no go gree for chizzy.
Re: Teni Clashes With Shizzi For Claiming He Originally Produced Hit Song, ‘Case' by slimghost(m): 7:27am On Dec 20, 2021
Pappyxar:

Teni Producer for Case already showed the time stamp when he made the beat and produced the song, and on this issue of giving Shizzi a shoutout in the video, that is what any and every artiste will do, i can come to your studio and you play me some chords then i freestyle inputting your name cus i was feeling the vibes or as a way to honor you as my boss.
listen carefully to the beat she was freestyling to and the stems Shizzi drops they don't even match, it took Shizzi 5hours to drop a stem, like wtf if you own the beat and you are so sure why take 5hours, but he was giving instant response to her when the dragging was ongoing, 5hours is enough to create what he posted...

Ain't saying Teni is right or Shizzi is wrong, but what Royalties does Shizzi want again, will he do all this had it been Case didn't make limelight.

Try listen to both beat with a good headset in a quite place, both beat are different

This is my last response on this. Teni was being clever by half talking about stem. You can only have stem if recording/voicing took place.
Shizzy never claimed song was recorded at his studio.
1. I can produce a song for you and you take the data to another studio for voicing. If you paid me for that beat, you owe me nothing really. However, if you were under contract, then you owe me credit for production.
2. Normally, that video shows typically how beats are produced if you have ever been in a studio. Anybody that understands music would know what I am talking about. You keep on freestyling the song while the producer plays with the keyboard to find things like best chords, progression etc.

So leave matter, Teni knows what’s up that’s why she was shouting STEM like one music illiterate to deceive people who do not understand how music is done.
I am beginning to see her differently after that.

1 Like

Re: Teni Clashes With Shizzi For Claiming He Originally Produced Hit Song, ‘Case' by Geekop: 8:17am On Dec 20, 2021
Iamdbull:
Dbull on this one!!!

I hope I don't experience this when my song blow because na like 4 different engineers worked on it

Be prepared grin grin grin
Re: Teni Clashes With Shizzi For Claiming He Originally Produced Hit Song, ‘Case' by barcaboi(m): 8:27am On Dec 20, 2021
slimghost:

You don’t understand how music works. His claim is that they remade his beat. If Teni was under contract then and he can prove that even the chords are same, SONY will take down that music.
Producing a song and recording(voicing) are 2 different things.
Shizzy is not claiming the song was recorded in his studio. His claim is that the instrumental was birthed by him. And from what I have heard from the 2 instruments, he has a solid case.
People should stop egging Teni on because some musicians have paid for lesser IP theft. She should just let this die down.
So Davido should give Westwood credit for his former flop freestyle that later became a major hit RISKY because of the beat he freestyled on?
Re: Teni Clashes With Shizzi For Claiming He Originally Produced Hit Song, ‘Case' by Krismas(m): 9:25am On Dec 20, 2021
HeadNigga:
Shizzi, Davido's producer that year.

Making wrong investment decisions is normal. You were paid to let the girl go so she had the right to put out the music she likes with any producer. Is she owing you for the beats? Shizzi, you be big name, chill bro.
grin Shizzi’s argument is that he created the song. Or don’t u understand? Like saying he wrote d song for which he wasnt payed or acknowledged
Re: Teni Clashes With Shizzi For Claiming He Originally Produced Hit Song, ‘Case' by baralatie(m): 10:25am On Dec 20, 2021
Soulsymbol99:
This fight looks scripted undecided
To achieve what puiposey
Re: Teni Clashes With Shizzi For Claiming He Originally Produced Hit Song, ‘Case' by baralatie(m): 10:28am On Dec 20, 2021
slimghost:

This is my last response on this. Teni was being clever by half talking about stem. You can only have stem if recording/voicing took place.
Shizzy never claimed song was recorded at his studio.
1. I can produce a song for you and you take the data to another studio for voicing. If you paid me for that beat, you owe me nothing really. However, if you were under contract, then you owe me credit for production.
2. Normally, that video shows typically how beats are produced if you have ever been in a studio. Anybody that understands music would know what I am talking about. You keep on freestyling the song while the producer plays with the keyboard to find things like best chords, progression etc.

So leave matter, Teni knows what’s up that’s why she was shouting STEM like one music illiterate to deceive people who do not understand how music is done.
I am beginning to see her differently after that.
Will be(shizzi) make all this fuss if teni never made limelight?
That is a good question
Re: Teni Clashes With Shizzi For Claiming He Originally Produced Hit Song, ‘Case' by slimghost(m): 10:36am On Dec 20, 2021
baralatie:

Will be(shizzi) make all this fuss if teni never made limelight?
That is a good question

Probably not. Hehehehehe. But that doesn’t justify IP theft though.
Re: Teni Clashes With Shizzi For Claiming He Originally Produced Hit Song, ‘Case' by Snowystar: 1:15pm On Dec 20, 2021
People waiting for your song to blow
So they can pick on you
Re: Teni Clashes With Shizzi For Claiming He Originally Produced Hit Song, ‘Case' by HeadNigga: 1:46pm On Dec 20, 2021
Krismas:
grin Shizzi’s argument is that he created the song. Or don’t u understand? Like saying he wrote d song for which he wasnt payed or acknowledged
no. He is claiming to have made a beat for the song which Teni decided to change to another producer's beats. He feels disrespected that his beat me was dropped without informing him
Re: Teni Clashes With Shizzi For Claiming He Originally Produced Hit Song, ‘Case' by victorazy(m): 1:47pm On Dec 20, 2021
emae009:
except there's more....
All I can deduce from these talks is that Shizzi undervalued Teni.
So He allowed her Teni to buy out her contract cheap. But him excepting credit for the song because it made rounds is low ball.

that's a private discuss

So true!!!
Re: Teni Clashes With Shizzi For Claiming He Originally Produced Hit Song, ‘Case' by IamGblaize(m): 8:00pm On Dec 20, 2021
Pappyxar:

Go and read about oliver Rodrigo 1.2 million IP theft payout to Taylor swift and co... Lol and understand the crazy world of IP theft ... Bros that thing mad gan if una reach court na there wahala go gbess.... Shizzi has won this case already make teni just lockup and avoid wahala....

1 Like

Re: Teni Clashes With Shizzi For Claiming He Originally Produced Hit Song, ‘Case' by IamGblaize(m): 8:05pm On Dec 20, 2021
ButterBurger:
Even if chizzy could be right, but make dem give am cold pure water make he drink jor.
He can't win this war.
You know fan base are actually like blind followers, dem no go gree for chizzy.

Na fanbase be court abi na fanbase be sony music ..... Make teni chill ohh shizzi na boss in the Afro production world... Baba dey signed under Sony oh
Re: Teni Clashes With Shizzi For Claiming He Originally Produced Hit Song, ‘Case' by ButterBurger: 9:06pm On Dec 20, 2021
IamGblaize:

Na fanbase be court abi na fanbase be sony music ..... Make teni chill ohh shizzi na boss in the Afro production world... Baba dey signed under Sony oh
teni self na boss for her own lane, stop forming nonsense court or sony, fan base is another form of power.
Re: Teni Clashes With Shizzi For Claiming He Originally Produced Hit Song, ‘Case' by baralatie(m): 10:02pm On Dec 20, 2021
Snowystar:
People waiting for your song to blow
So they can pick on you

That is exactly what it is all about
Re: Teni Clashes With Shizzi For Claiming He Originally Produced Hit Song, ‘Case' by Pappyxar: 6:16am On Dec 21, 2021
IamGblaize:

Go and read about oliver Rodrigo 1.2 million IP theft payout to Taylor swift and co... Lol and understand the crazy world of IP theft ... Bros that thing mad gan if una reach court na there wahala go gbess.... Shizzi has won this case already make teni just lockup and avoid wahala....

You equally will need to read more on IP theft. this ain't a layman argument which i gave counter and visible claims to how Teni will easily win the case in any court of law unless Shizzi tender more proofs than what he showed.

If you all are thinking Shizzi will win the case, i think you people don't like him and you are all pushing him to a path he won't have wished he journeyed.
Re: Teni Clashes With Shizzi For Claiming He Originally Produced Hit Song, ‘Case' by slimghost(m): 7:37am On Dec 21, 2021
IamGblaize:

Do Nigerians read? They stay in their small enclave and vomit all sorts of ignorant opinions.
Swift’s infraction wasn’t even as glaring as Teni’s if Shizzy decides to take this up.
She will pay tire.
Nigerians really make a lot of noise without substance.
Re: Teni Clashes With Shizzi For Claiming He Originally Produced Hit Song, ‘Case' by nairamaniac: 11:30am On Dec 22, 2021
Pappyxar:

Fall was 2017, not 2019.

It only stayed on the chats till 2019

Re: Teni Clashes With Shizzi For Claiming He Originally Produced Hit Song, ‘Case' by Pappyxar: 2:08pm On Dec 22, 2021
nairamaniac:

Fall was 2017, not 2019.

It only stayed on the chats till 2019
Oh, thanks
Re: Teni Clashes With Shizzi For Claiming He Originally Produced Hit Song, ‘Case' by jaiyeoriewed: 3:57pm On Dec 22, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njTr0o0ZGW0
Tracy Nwapa Freda Francis Ozzy Etomi Nenesi Ibru - Eku Edewor Kessiana Thorley Edewor 35th birthday

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pasuma And Basit, The Blind Boy To Record A Song (Photos) / Photo Of DJ Cuppy And Funke Akindele Bello / AgegeDanceChallenge: Tekno Challenges Fans To Dance As He Sets A N1m For Winner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.