Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,098 members, 7,811,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:53 PM

Sylvester: I Will Sue Falana And Oromoni Family For Damages – Kemi Olunloyo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sylvester: I Will Sue Falana And Oromoni Family For Damages – Kemi Olunloyo (30108 Views)

Court Orders PSC To Pay Rtd AIG Joseph Mbu ₦40m For Damages / Adamu Adamu Tells Students To Take ASUU to court For Damages / Ayo Da Silva: I Will Sue Presidency For Claiming I Endorsed Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sylvester: I Will Sue Falana And Oromoni Family For Damages – Kemi Olunloyo by EBMedia: 9:07am On Dec 19, 2021
#JusticeForSylvester: I Will Sue Falana And Oromoni Family For Damages – Kemi Olunloyo

Controversial investigative journalist, Kemi Olunloyo has threatened to sue a human rights lawyer, Femi Falana, and the family of late Sylvester Oromoni for damaging her professional reputation, IgbereTV reports.

It could be recalled that Falana recently filed a petition against Ms Olunloyo over the statements she made concerning the death of Sylvester Oromoni, a 12-year-old boy who was reportedly beaten to death by some students at Dowen College, Lekki, Lagos.

Sylvester was alleged to have been bullied, beaten, and fed with a chemical by five students over his refusal to join their cult group, which resulted in his death.

The deceased’s father had also narrated how his son was bullied by the suspected cultists and asked to describe his sister’s private part, adding that the boy suffered liver enlargement due to congealed blood before his death.

Taking to Twitter, Kemi Olunloyo claimed that Sylvester was willing to join the cult group in his school Dowen college.

Olunloyo also claimed that the boy willingly told the guys initiating him that he has seen his sister’s privates, adding that he consented to be beaten and he agreed to drink engine oil which eventually resulted in his death.

Falana, who is representing the Oromoni family sent a petition to the Nigerian police and other security agencies, calling for an investigation to be conducted regarding Olunloyo’s claim that Sylvester was a cult member among others.

Reacting in a statement personally issued by Olunloyo, the journalist said she will be suing Falana and the Oromoni family for dragging her professional reputation by asking police to invite her over the “reckless statement” she made concerning Sylvester.

Olunloyo, who also accused Falana of trying to use ‘scare tactics’ on her, advised the Oromoni family to fire him, stressing that the human rights lawyer was simply a distraction.

Her statement on Facebook reads,

“STATEMENT BY DR KEMI OLUNLOYO
8:45pm
Lagos Nigeria
December 16th 2021

Femi Falana is an overrated SAN who feels he's above the law. He carries a dangerous ego which he feels he can use to intimidate the government and protect the people.

I'm planning to sue him for dragging my professional reputation asking police to invite me for specifically my "reckless statement" concerning Sylvester Oromoni a fake petition we are yet to see. Reckless what? He wants to use scare tactics he uses with successive governments. If in fact he's filing on behalf of the Oromoni family I will be suing them too for damages.

The Oromoni family should fire him and use their senses. Falana is a distraction and one who loves media trials. He is not focused and doesn't care about civil, legal and human rights of anyone just acts like he does. No family of a dead schoolboy should drag an investigative journalist. The era of those who spoil my name in this country Nigeria will end soon. I know my legal rights. I have information that could make or break this case designed to ruin the reputation of so many others. Nigerians have their mob mentality. Falana investigate the children police have in custody. One of them is holding a document that Sylvester consented to and his family are well aware.

The Oromoni family should undergo a LIE DETECTOR TEST as well as the staff in custody. They have a lot of info the dying child shared with them they did not post on social media. I'm an award winning investigative journalist of 27 years not an Internet blogger and social media personality in this capacity. Any journalist can open any case at anytime. We are journalists, we know our mission. We will NOT be intimidated and that applies to you Mr Falana, all the nonentity celebrities and their fans sending me violent threats.

The lies in Nigeria is way too much. Nobody can suppress the truth and the truth is Kemi Olunloyo. Merry Christmas to all.

#truthwins2022
Dr Kemi Olunloyo
Journalist"
https://www.facebook.com/405398802881268/posts/4616027685151671/

A Chief Magistrate Court in Lagos had remanded in custody three students and three staff of Dowen College over the assault and death of 12-year-old Sylvester Oromoni.

https://igberetvnews.com/1409634/justiceforsylvester-will-sue-falana-oromoni-family-damages-kemi-olunloyo/

5 Likes

Re: Sylvester: I Will Sue Falana And Oromoni Family For Damages – Kemi Olunloyo by Wiseandtrue(f): 9:09am On Dec 19, 2021
Kemi Olunloyo, do it already! But for now,

83 Likes

Re: Sylvester: I Will Sue Falana And Oromoni Family For Damages – Kemi Olunloyo by Nokio1: 9:10am On Dec 19, 2021
Dairy of a mad doctor turned self acclaimed journalist! Tueh

200 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Sylvester: I Will Sue Falana And Oromoni Family For Damages – Kemi Olunloyo by Asgard73: 9:17am On Dec 19, 2021
This woman need mental help. She’s not okay at all.

Kai.. Yoruba need to exchange her with IGBOHO Sunday.. with a promise to permanent her stay.

Walai.

157 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Sylvester: I Will Sue Falana And Oromoni Family For Damages – Kemi Olunloyo by Prosperous111(m): 9:18am On Dec 19, 2021
This woman no get shame at all?

Why would you sue someone that just lost a son? sad

Is she even okay at all like this!

103 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Sylvester: I Will Sue Falana And Oromoni Family For Damages – Kemi Olunloyo by Eriokanmi: 9:18am On Dec 19, 2021
This kemi is suffering from dementia

91 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sylvester: I Will Sue Falana And Oromoni Family For Damages – Kemi Olunloyo by joe54: 9:19am On Dec 19, 2021
Investigative journalist
gets high on drugs
hallucinates
Imagines events
Post on social media.

There you go an investigative journalist

85 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sylvester: I Will Sue Falana And Oromoni Family For Damages – Kemi Olunloyo by Aufbauh(m): 9:21am On Dec 19, 2021
Honestly I don't know why most Nigerians are too emotional and sensational. Above all they hate the truth.

The woman just said what she knows and people start attacking her left right center.

Even though her statement may be insensitive and inhumane, the right thing to do is to probe her further to tell us more instead of shutting her up.
Her revelation may be helpful in the long run and ensure justice for all.

125 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Sylvester: I Will Sue Falana And Oromoni Family For Damages – Kemi Olunloyo by AfonjaConehead: 9:30am On Dec 19, 2021
Acting stupid. Real stupid woman

10 Likes

Re: Sylvester: I Will Sue Falana And Oromoni Family For Damages – Kemi Olunloyo by WibusJaga: 9:35am On Dec 19, 2021

Na dis kind woman my bible talk say it is better for a man to live alone in a kpako house in Ajegunle than to live with her in a duplex in Lekki.

77 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sylvester: I Will Sue Falana And Oromoni Family For Damages – Kemi Olunloyo by YoungLionken(m): 11:31am On Dec 19, 2021
Madam is trying hard to remain relevant cool..

You see Reno, Fani and Kemi cheesy...

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sylvester: I Will Sue Falana And Oromoni Family For Damages – Kemi Olunloyo by Mandela89(f): 11:31am On Dec 19, 2021
Nigerians are too emotional, why always insulting this woman all the time. Instead of people countering her fact and submission she is being threatened. As a person the death of the young boy was painful but the true story that lead to his death should not doctored we all make mistake which some might cost us life, resources etc

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sylvester: I Will Sue Falana And Oromoni Family For Damages – Kemi Olunloyo by JackDaAlienz(m): 11:31am On Dec 19, 2021
The Babalawo wey do Kemi this tin,
We need to find him and apologize for her

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sylvester: I Will Sue Falana And Oromoni Family For Damages – Kemi Olunloyo by Evergreen4(m): 11:31am On Dec 19, 2021
Mkpurummiri at work

14 Likes

Re: Sylvester: I Will Sue Falana And Oromoni Family For Damages – Kemi Olunloyo by RichDad1(m): 11:31am On Dec 19, 2021
Aunty Kemi, rest e don do.

4 Likes

Re: Sylvester: I Will Sue Falana And Oromoni Family For Damages – Kemi Olunloyo by floss(m): 11:32am On Dec 19, 2021
Hmmm... very soon the person bankrolling this woman go comot hand because she don dey mis-yan before she go mistakenly drag am join for her madness, any where belle face journalism way we no dey see results na wetin this woman dey do... investigative my ass, she think say na to blow big grammar, abuse every dick and Harry be the journalism?....I no see anything different from wetin she dey do with wetin bloggers dey do (gossips, abuse and defamation) but her own be say she come dey delusional join.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sylvester: I Will Sue Falana And Oromoni Family For Damages – Kemi Olunloyo by Nobody: 11:32am On Dec 19, 2021
Very soon you will see her begging and crying....

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sylvester: I Will Sue Falana And Oromoni Family For Damages – Kemi Olunloyo by GboyegaD(m): 11:32am On Dec 19, 2021
This aunty likes making noise sha...

3 Likes

Re: Sylvester: I Will Sue Falana And Oromoni Family For Damages – Kemi Olunloyo by Balistic4: 11:32am On Dec 19, 2021
Investigative Journalist that cannot give us the full or partial list of Sylvester's cult colleagues. grin grin grin grin

16 Likes

Re: Sylvester: I Will Sue Falana And Oromoni Family For Damages – Kemi Olunloyo by lomprico(m): 11:32am On Dec 19, 2021
Bitch, who call you to chook your stinking mouth for the matter before?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sylvester: I Will Sue Falana And Oromoni Family For Damages – Kemi Olunloyo by RichDad1(m): 11:32am On Dec 19, 2021
Aufbauh:
Honestly I don't know why most Nigerians are too emotional and sensational. Above all they hate the truth.

The woman just said what she knows and people start attacking her left right center.

Even though her statement may be insensitive and inhumane, the right thing to do is to probe her further to tell us more instead of shutting her up.
Her revelation may be helpful in the long run and ensure justice for all.
It’s called mob mentality.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sylvester: I Will Sue Falana And Oromoni Family For Damages – Kemi Olunloyo by femi4: 11:32am On Dec 19, 2021
Eriokanmi:
This kemi is suffering from dementia
She's not well at all

8 Likes

Re: Sylvester: I Will Sue Falana And Oromoni Family For Damages – Kemi Olunloyo by Annie001: 11:32am On Dec 19, 2021
This woman don dey craze oooo
But you said he did not petition you

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sylvester: I Will Sue Falana And Oromoni Family For Damages – Kemi Olunloyo by ngozika2us(m): 11:33am On Dec 19, 2021
Is there anything left of u to be damaged?

5 Likes

Re: Sylvester: I Will Sue Falana And Oromoni Family For Damages – Kemi Olunloyo by iReddington: 11:33am On Dec 19, 2021
This woman irritates me a lot..how do you come online every time to forcefully inject yourself into any trending stories by making statements with no evidence, no facts other than always reminding us she's an "investigative journalist"

She's just a vile, shameless old woman using journalism tag to seek attention and to get away with all the nonsense she makes up.

31 Likes

Re: Sylvester: I Will Sue Falana And Oromoni Family For Damages – Kemi Olunloyo by solsticey2k3(m): 11:34am On Dec 19, 2021
Her son:

4 Likes

Re: Sylvester: I Will Sue Falana And Oromoni Family For Damages – Kemi Olunloyo by Realestatevixen: 11:34am On Dec 19, 2021
No be only sue, na shoe. Old mama youngee

Invest in the ancient city of Ibadan today. Call or watsapp 080 6029 1729

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tinubu’s Government Raises Electricity Tariff From N66 To N225 Per KPH / Explosions Reported In Kano! / Uduaghan Attends APC NEC Meeting Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.