Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,701 members, 7,813,303 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:35 AM

Discussion Thread: Headache Inducing Family Member Aka Useless Family Member - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Discussion Thread: Headache Inducing Family Member Aka Useless Family Member (429 Views)

Pastor Suspends Wedding Due To Bride's Family Member's Absence (Video) / My Neighbour's New 17-Year-Old Wife Is Giving Him Headache / Major Reasons Why Family Member Do Not Help Each Other. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Discussion Thread: Headache Inducing Family Member Aka Useless Family Member by Pacesetterz: 12:54pm On Dec 19, 2021
Nairalanders,do you have such family member in your family?

This is a discussion thread on family issues especially when it has to do with one family member that has been a torn in the flesh. Growing up,I always heard pple say,any family without a ‘useless person’ doesn’t exist in Nigeria. Meaning there must be one uncle/Aunty/son/daughter/father/mother that is really a torn in the flesh of a family.

As an adult now,I would want to agree to that saying. This is my frustration and story. What do u call an uncle who was under his elder brother’s supervision as a business learner,served for years in that business and whom u looked up to as a child all in the late 90s. After his years of service in his brother’s house, his brother (my dad) decided to settle him by sending him abroad to work things out for himself as a mature man and possibly get ready to settle down. Few years passed, this same uncle was deported back to Nigeria for engaging in a serious brawl that led to his deportation. All these where happening in the 90’s (when moving to abroad was a bit easy for Nigerians).
Now, you won’t want to read what happened next...

Since u have been deported from an EU country...I want to help set you up in Nigeria by bringing u into transportation business I have in Lagos . You will have to supervise the business,the cars,workers on daily basis and report to me (my Dad). Dear Nairalanders,could u believe this uncle of mine squandered that business to level zero. This got my dad angry and wondered where he’s gone wrong. Note,my dad is the second son amongst four boys. The eldest before he passed away was able to do the little he could though with so much of my dad’s input and financial support. My Dad shouldered so much responsibilities on him that as a lil child then i usually get upset when we don’t get the much needed parental attention we should get.
Now back to this uncle, after he rendered that business useless,my dad set him up again with another business...which he still failed woefully at again.
The next was to send him some cash to go into any business of his choice...uncle carried this money for doubling and some nonsense fetish things(this info leaked and we heard).
My Dad,almost giving up. The last was to send him to learn a handwork under a professional automobile dealer and repairer. The next my Dad heard was a call from the auto dealer that uncle don run with person car property and it costs so so and so. Infuriated dad had to send the man the money for that.

To be contd...

Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Discussion Thread: Headache Inducing Family Member Aka Useless Family Member by Pacesetterz: 12:58pm On Dec 19, 2021
Pls note I ain’t a good writer. So bear with me
Re: Discussion Thread: Headache Inducing Family Member Aka Useless Family Member by Oizee(f): 1:08pm On Dec 19, 2021
Pacesetterz:
Pls note I ain’t a good writer. So bear with me
u are good to go

1 Like

Re: Discussion Thread: Headache Inducing Family Member Aka Useless Family Member by BMathew: 10:22am On Dec 20, 2021
Hmmmn lipsrsealed
Re: Discussion Thread: Headache Inducing Family Member Aka Useless Family Member by Nobody: 12:03pm On Dec 20, 2021
When we for here no see shi shi opportunity.
Re: Discussion Thread: Headache Inducing Family Member Aka Useless Family Member by obayendo1010(m): 6:58am On Jul 16, 2023
Maybe the nigga generates the money indirectly your dad just furnish his life style.....a word for the wise only or what else do you think is the reason for this incessant support, blood brother? Kindly rethink.
Re: Discussion Thread: Headache Inducing Family Member Aka Useless Family Member by boldx(m): 7:30am On Jul 16, 2023
Following

(1) (Reply)

. / Diesel Available At Reasonable Price. / Pls Guys I Need Your Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.