Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,820 members, 7,813,701 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:40 PM

Might Shutdown Restaurant Due To Electricity Etc - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Might Shutdown Restaurant Due To Electricity Etc (791 Views)

Might Shutdown Restaurant Due To Electricity Etc - Business / Oyo State Govt. Shutdown Six Betting Centers For Encouraging Underage Betting / Bet9a Superagents Threatening To Shutdown My Bet9a Agent Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Might Shutdown Restaurant Due To Electricity Etc by Crafteck1: 7:00pm On Dec 19, 2021
I will likely close my restaurant because of the phcn issue, just 9 to 9, they cant provide, if at all, i get 3 hours of half current daily which we still use gen for microwave, i spend about 11k on diesel {30 litres), i only used ac on sunday evening when i have shows yet these PEOPLE brought a bill of 58k,i paid 30 when they came around, before i paid it, i told the marketer with them "even though im not at the shop with you guys i can tell you 2 things,
number 1 gen must be running,
Number 2 there wont be more than 3 customers there" and i was right, she was speechless ,if they do the same next month, it would be 28 left over plus 58k,i will shut down, lay off workers, leave this country and go work in a warehouse or something im the uk, we are barely getting by as the price of food is so high, we had to increase prices hence, not a lot of customers on the mainland can afford. Cooking gas prices have more than doubled in less than a year, people now see meal of #1, 500 as luxury. Next months bill might be the nail in the coffin.

Funny thing is, it took about 15m for 2yrs rent, 45kva, 17kva gen etc. The economy in the past 1 year has been horrible, as in worse than the past, not that it was ever that good, anti people policies, insecurity etc.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Might Shutdown Restaurant Due To Electricity Etc by YeyeGbami: 7:03pm On Dec 19, 2021
Another one bites the dust.

I have funds to setup business, after going around everything i decide to leave this country to go enjoy myself abroad.

running a business in naija na like say you dey play betting.

2 Likes

Re: Might Shutdown Restaurant Due To Electricity Etc by Abudu2000(m): 7:21pm On Dec 19, 2021
Any business u intend to setup a 2.5kva gen must be among your budget or you aren't ready yet. Just imagine after paying rent and other expenses one has to budget over 30k per month for fuel.
Re: Might Shutdown Restaurant Due To Electricity Etc by Crafteck1: 7:36pm On Dec 19, 2021
Abudu2000:
Any business u intend to setup a 2.5kva gen must be among your budget or you aren't ready yet. Just imagine after paying rent and other expenses one has to budget over 30k per month for fuel.

300 to 400k per month on diesel, i just bought todays 15k.

2.5 cant power most things, i tried 7.5,it could power 70 percent but it consumed like 10k petrol daily and the work was life threatening to d engine

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Might Shutdown Restaurant Due To Electricity Etc by Nobody: 8:10pm On Dec 19, 2021
Why didn't you invest in solar?

Anyway before you close down, think about turning your restaurant to a bar
Re: Might Shutdown Restaurant Due To Electricity Etc by daddytime(m): 8:19pm On Dec 19, 2021
Such a sad and depressing reality.
Re: Might Shutdown Restaurant Due To Electricity Etc by Crafteck1: 8:23pm On Dec 19, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
Why didn't you invest in solar?

Anyway before you close down, think about turning your restaurant to a bar

I do all, solar cant power microwave/ac, almost every month drinks prices go up, if na lekki i dey, most people can afford anything.
Re: Might Shutdown Restaurant Due To Electricity Etc by Nobody: 8:31pm On Dec 19, 2021
Crafteck1:

I do all, solar cant power microwave/ac, almost every month drinks prices go up, if na lekki i dey, most people can afford anything.

I don't know much about lagos but i think bar businesses are getting popular nowadays. Most people just wana chill and have fun.

To add a little idea, i don't know if you are open to it, find for upcoming comedians and upcoming, good life bands, always invite them to your restaurant to perform, these people always attract crowds who can become customers, this could be a business saver.
Re: Might Shutdown Restaurant Due To Electricity Etc by Crafteck1: 8:37pm On Dec 19, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

I don't know much about lagos but i think bar businesses are getting popular nowadays. Most people just wana chill and have fun.

To add a little idea, i don't know if you are open to it, find for upcoming comedians and upcoming, good life bands, always invite them to your restaurant to perform, these people always attract crowds who can become customers, this could be a business saver.

Those would be a bit boring, i sell sundays using strippers. For me business isnt just about making gain or staying afloat, the gain has to be worth the energy i put into it.
Re: Might Shutdown Restaurant Due To Electricity Etc by Nobody: 8:47pm On Dec 19, 2021
Crafteck1:

Those would be a bit boring, i sell sundays using strippers.

Lmao and still no enough sales....i don't know what you are doing wrong, maybe, its your location, who knows but i know with the present trends, bar and clubs seems to be the trending business in town.
Re: Might Shutdown Restaurant Due To Electricity Etc by Crafteck1: 8:56pm On Dec 19, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Lmao and still no enough sales....i don't know what you are doing wrong, maybe, its your location, who knows but i know with the present trends, bar and clubs seems to be the trending business in town.

Location, fact that its on 1st floor, fact that landlord kept like 30 drums in the compound making it not so lovely, electricity, worst factor of all is economy, my gamehouse is faring well in the same building though
Re: Might Shutdown Restaurant Due To Electricity Etc by jesmond3945: 10:55pm On Dec 19, 2021
Crafteck1:
I will likely close my restaurant because of the phcn issue, just 9 to 9, they cant provide, if at all, i get 3 hours of half current daily which we still use gen for microwave, i spend about 11k on diesel {30 litres), i only used ac on sunday evening when i have shows yet these PEOPLE brought a bill of 58k,i paid 30 when they came around, before i paid it, i told the marketer with them "even though im not at the shop with you guys i can tell you 2 things,
number 1 gen must be running,
Number 2 there wont be more than 3 customers there" and i was right, she was speechless ,if they do the same next month, it would be 28 left over plus 58k,i will shut down, lay off workers, leave this country and go work in a warehouse or something im the uk, we are barely getting by as the price of food is so high, we had to increase prices hence, not a lot of customers on the mainland can afford. Cooking gas prices have more than doubled in less than a year, people now see meal of #1, 500 as luxury. Next months bill might be the nail in the coffin.

Funny thing is, it took about 15m for 2yrs rent, 45kva, 17kva gen etc. The economy in the past 1 year has been horrible, as in worse than the past, not that it was ever that good, anti people policies, insecurity etc.
why not use solar power. It would have saved you a lot. Energy prices are not smiling now. Renewable is the way to go. There are 10kva solar power or you can share the load., some solar some generator
Re: Might Shutdown Restaurant Due To Electricity Etc by Crafteck1: 11:02pm On Dec 19, 2021
jesmond3945:
why not use solar power. It would have saved you a lot. Energy prices are not smiling now. Renewable is the way to go. There are 10kva solar power or you can share the load., some solar some generator

I dont own the building nor own a plot of land i can cover with solar panels nearby, it would take like 40 panels to carry my load.
Re: Might Shutdown Restaurant Due To Electricity Etc by AyarmBoye(m): 12:34am On Dec 20, 2021
Bro it hasn’t been easy if for we small business owners ...... electricity is pathetic here but they bring crazy bills.......to save my gaming business I had to include other things still I still try hard to stay afloat,, thank God it’s a side hustle.....this evening 2 ps3 just refused to come on sad I still dey feel the heat .....

Las las small businesses in the country is not encouraging
Re: Might Shutdown Restaurant Due To Electricity Etc by Crafteck1: 4:33am On Dec 20, 2021
AyarmBoye:
Bro it hasn’t been easy if for we small business owners ...... electricity is pathetic here but they bring crazy bills.......to save my gaming business I had to include other things still I still try hard to stay afloat,, thank God it’s a side hustle.....this evening 2 ps3 just refused to come on sad I still dey feel the heat .....

I posted a story some weeks ago about a frog in the pot, spent too much energy adjusting its body temperature when the pot was being heated, it was doing what you, me and lots of other people are doing, just surviving, by the time it got too hot, it didnt have energy to jump out anymore, that is the reason for my paranoia, we are just surviving, if as a business we cant save 750 to 1.5m monthly, we are in trouble, we just dont know it yet. See prices of food and basic amenities, they are not just ADDING money, they are MULTIPLYING it.
Re: Might Shutdown Restaurant Due To Electricity Etc by hothuntee(m): 8:33am On Dec 20, 2021
Crafteck1:

I dont own the building nor own a plot of land i can cover with solar panels nearby, it would take like 40 panels to carry my load.

Use the dish method for your panels and mount them on a pole like transmitters. You can rotate them to maximise light intensity. More so, you can go with them when you relocate too. They are space efficient.

Cunny man die, cunning man bury am
Re: Might Shutdown Restaurant Due To Electricity Etc by Crafteck1: 8:35am On Dec 20, 2021
hothuntee:

Use the dish method for your panels and mount them on a pole like transmitters. You can rotate them to maximise light intensity. More so, you can go with them when you relocate too. They are space efficient.

Cunny man die, cunning man bury am

I cant easily place and remove about 40 panels on 2 story building talkless of rotate.
Re: Might Shutdown Restaurant Due To Electricity Etc by hothuntee(m): 8:39am On Dec 20, 2021
Crafteck1:

I cant easily place and remove about 40 panels on 2 story building talkless of rotate.

Baba e go get remote. Na pro go do am for you. Since the panel is on the dishes and the dishes are mounted, na from down you go dey press dey turn. All na for space efficiency.
Re: Might Shutdown Restaurant Due To Electricity Etc by Crafteck1: 8:42am On Dec 20, 2021
hothuntee:

Baba e go get remote. Na pro go do am for you. Since the panel is on the dishes and the dishes are mounted, na from down you go dey press dey turn. All na for space efficiency.

Ok, will look into it, thanks

2 Likes

Re: Might Shutdown Restaurant Due To Electricity Etc by AyarmBoye(m): 9:00am On Dec 20, 2021
Crafteck1:

I posted a story some weeks ago about a frog in the pot, spent too much energy adjusting its body temperature when the pot was being heated, it was doing what you, me and lots of other people are doing, just surviving, by the time it got too hot, it didnt have energy to jump out anymore, that is the reason for my paranoia, we are just surviving, if as a business we cant save 750 to 1.5m monthly, we are in trouble, we just dont know it yet. See prices of food and basic amenities, they are not just ADDING money, they are MULTIPLYING it.
exactly bro .....750k - 1m ..... if I save 200k from my shop I go happy die....... after removing expenses n others hardly do I save 120k... the guy that assists me is another story for another day
Re: Might Shutdown Restaurant Due To Electricity Etc by Crafteck1: 9:18am On Dec 20, 2021
AyarmBoye:
exactly bro .....750k - 1m ..... if I save 200k from my shop I go happy die....... after removing expenses n others hardly do I save 120k... the guy that assists me is another story for another day

Then you should be worried just like i am, luckily gamehouse still gives me like 100 to 150 weekly(using mikano like 9 to 14 hours daily means i spend on gen repairs a lot too) but game is not a necessity, when diesel will reach 20k for 30 litres i would still be stuck collecting 50 naira for ps3. By that time a bag of rice would be 38k,bottle water would be 200,a dollar would be 800,that time isn't far.
Re: Might Shutdown Restaurant Due To Electricity Etc by jFrankNorfleet: 2:01pm On Dec 21, 2021
Crafteck1:

Then you should be worried just like i am, luckily gamehouse still gives me like 100 to 150 weekly(using mikano like 9 to 14 hours daily means i spend on gen repairs a lot too) but game is not a necessity, when diesel will reach 20k for 30 litres i would still be stuck collecting 50 naira for ps3. By that time a bag of rice would be 38k,bottle water would be 200,a dollar would be 800,that time isn't far.

Look at Mr Moneybags over here charging 50 for Ps3. Here in Ajegunle it's 3 soccer games for N100. we gamehouse owners came together to fix a new price as a way for business survival. Guess what? many gamehouse owners refused to follow suit. I have 2 shops and could you believe one of the competitors to one of my shops when he was told about the planned increase in prices replied that he plans to reduce his ps3 to N20 and PS2 to N10 because I've "stolen" all his customers since I opened the place in 2018? according to him he barely earns up to 5,000 a week because of me. whereas he used to earn around 300,000 per week when i hadn't opened my shop. I started to wonder where majority of the 295,000 were going to because I barely make an average of 10K per day before expenses from the shop even when I'm monitoring it 100%. He eventually reduced the prices like he planned to, even printed an easily visible banner about it and most people are still coming to my shop and ignoring his shop even though his is cheaper

Truth is as I grow older and learn more I've come to the realisation it's hard almost impossible to make it legally as a Nigerian through genuine hustle. By the time I pay my worker in a shop and account for fuel expenses I barely have enough left. then suddenly you hear a knock on your door and it's your shop landlord that is there to inform you to pay the rent for the year 120,000 for one shop and 96,000 for the other then you wonder where all the monies have been going to
Re: Might Shutdown Restaurant Due To Electricity Etc by jFrankNorfleet: 2:08pm On Dec 21, 2021
AyarmBoye:

I always like to have extra 2 ps3 at hand always for 2 purposes
1. situation like yours arises
2. I need quick cash to solve something
Re: Might Shutdown Restaurant Due To Electricity Etc by Crafteck1: 2:38pm On Dec 21, 2021
jFrankNorfleet:

Truth is as I grow older and learn more I've come to the realisation it's hard almost impossible to make it legally as a Nigerian through genuine hustle. By the time I pay my worker in a shop and account for fuel expenses I barely have enough left. then suddenly you hear a knock on your door and it's your shop landlord that is there to inform you to pay the rent for the year 120,000 for one shop and 96,000 for the other then you wonder where all the monies have been going to

You just read my mind, its like naija isnt designed for people to make it legally, my rent is 650 for gamehouse, 650 for bar and yet my landlord keeps compound rough cos ground floor is his warehouse.

Re: Might Shutdown Restaurant Due To Electricity Etc by AyarmBoye(m): 3:31pm On Dec 21, 2021
jFrankNorfleet:

I always like to have extra 2 ps3 at hand always for 2 purposes
1. situation like yours arises
2. I need quick cash to solve something
me sef done learn
Re: Might Shutdown Restaurant Due To Electricity Etc by jFrankNorfleet: 6:42am On Dec 22, 2021
Crafteck1:

You just read my mind, its like naija isnt designed for people to make it legally, my rent is 650 for gamehouse, 650 for bar and yet my landlord keeps compound rough cos ground floor is his warehouse.

That's a horrid sight
Re: Might Shutdown Restaurant Due To Electricity Etc by AyarmBoye(m): 8:57am On Dec 22, 2021
Crafteck1:

damn,,, not healthy for food business
Re: Might Shutdown Restaurant Due To Electricity Etc by Chaos14: 9:30am On Jun 23, 2022
Find money and get a solar
Re: Might Shutdown Restaurant Due To Electricity Etc by Darkseid(m): 6:23pm On Jun 23, 2022
Crafteck1:

Boss to tell you the truth, personally I won't enter a bar the environment looks like this and a bar in which I have to climb stairs is a big turn off. The environment also doesn't look like one in which people would be willing to spend high on food.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Ntsc Or Pal Ps3?: / Playstation Network Users:join And Post Your Playstation Network Ids / /

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.