Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,326 members, 7,836,391 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:57 AM

Beauty Queen, Miss Ezenwa Feeds Over 50 Widows In Abuja To Mark Christmas - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Beauty Queen, Miss Ezenwa Feeds Over 50 Widows In Abuja To Mark Christmas (795 Views)

A Nairalander Kills A Big Ram To Mark Business End Of The Year Party / Sharing Of Food Items For The Aged, Widows And Underprivileged Generally. / Blogger, Tatafonaija Feeds 1000 Kids In Abuja To Mark Christmas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Beauty Queen, Miss Ezenwa Feeds Over 50 Widows In Abuja To Mark Christmas by Ojotu1(m): 10:11pm On Dec 19, 2021
No fewer than 50 widows and other less privileged members of the society benefited from initiative of ex-beauty queen, Miss Jennifer Ezenwa in the Mpape area of Abuja, at the weekend.

Tagged “Christmas With Widows 4th Edition under the #queenjeniferezenwaprojects saw the distribution of rice, cloths and foot wears to the widows.

Speaking at the event, former Beauty Queen, Miss Ezenwa, said she was drawn to widows’ condition because of her childhood experience with her late mother who was a widow before her demise five years ago.

“I lost my mother five years ago, who became a widow in 2003 after my
father died. I understand what widows go through at this time of the season; they struggle for everything to put a smile on the faces of their children at Christmas.

“With the current situation in the country, couples are not finding life easy let alone a widow or single parent. This is the fourth year since I started the project which has taken me to Kaduna and other
parts of the FCT and we will continue to empower women especially the very vulnerable in the society,” Ezenwa said.

Mrs Naomi Edwin, one of the beneficiaries and a pregnant mother of
three who hails from Agatu LGA of Benue State lost her husband five
months ago told our Correspondent that she lives on generous donations to feed
her children and prepare for the birth of her fourth baby.

She expressed gratitude to the organisers for remembering their plights at this season.

Mrs Mary Abiodun, who has been a widow for five years and a mother of
three lamented her condition as she could barely feed her three once a day.

Mrs Abiodun said she is forced to withdrawn one of her children from school because she could no longer pay his school fees.

While hailing the effort of the beauty queen for remembering them in
her pet project, she called on well-meaning Nigerians to continue to
remember the widows in their midst.

Data of all the widows were taken including what they are currently engaged in for possible future economic empowerments.

Miss Ezenwa assured the widows of her continued support towards uplifting their conditions while encouraging them not give up on hope for a better life for them and their children in spite their
challenges.

Re: Beauty Queen, Miss Ezenwa Feeds Over 50 Widows In Abuja To Mark Christmas by Winningbot: 4:25am On Dec 20, 2021
grin
Re: Beauty Queen, Miss Ezenwa Feeds Over 50 Widows In Abuja To Mark Christmas by 3gpvids: 5:31am On Dec 20, 2021
Good one
abeg widowers get mouth to chop food too abeg

(1) (Reply)

Lunch Is Ready (photo) / "Gym Hard" Woman Who Eats Food On Camera To Entertain Followers Cries Out / Salad Spinner For Sale ( Distress Sale)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.