Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,103 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:01 AM

Sharing Of Food Items For The Aged, Widows And Underprivileged Generally. - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Sharing Of Food Items For The Aged, Widows And Underprivileged Generally. (43277 Views)

SHOCKING: The Costly Food Items I Bought In The Market Today / Lady Shows The Food Items She Bought With N1,500 / Sharing Of Ice-cream: How Many Did This When They Were Younger? (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sharing Of Food Items For The Aged, Widows And Underprivileged Generally. by Hazardfan1: 1:28am On Apr 13, 2020
Due to the lockdown in the local Government I stay as a result of the obvious pandemic affecting both poor and rich, young and aged, some well-meaning youths in my community inclusive of myself and a group of some students' association members thought it good to raise funds from members of the community home and abroad to buy food items majorly Garri and Beans to feed the vulnerables amidst us lest they start dying because of hunger.

As at yesterday, 12th April, to the glory of God, we had raised approximately 1.7m, we bless all our amazing donors who decided to support the initiative with their resources, we started the journey on Monday and ended it yesterday.

We sought the approval of the DPO to tell his boys to allow us move about at road blocks, we also got approval from the King, Olu of Olode and his chiefs and Baale.

We were able to reach out to more than 27 quaters and gave food items worth close to 1600 naira to more than 1500 aged ones and vulnerables.

I am bringing this here to inspire those who have money and wouldn't think of helping those who are in need, people are really suffering and we shouldn't wait for the Government at all times, whenever we need to take the bull by the horn, don't let us hesitate. Whatever labour of love we engage in to make people happy, our reward is going to be in multiple folds.

I don't know the right section to post this but I am trusting admins to do the needful.

81 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Sharing Of Food Items For The Aged, Widows And Underprivileged Generally. by Hazardfan1: 1:35am On Apr 13, 2020
First pic - we were moving from houses to houses sourcing for funds from individuals who are well to do in the society.

2nd pics : We were having a round table meeting with stakeholders and some chiefs of the community

3rd pic - loading our vehicles with food items from the market stores

4th pics - Garri already in nylons....A package consists of 2 congos of beans, 3 congos of Garri and 2 numbers packets of Spaghetti.

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sharing Of Food Items For The Aged, Widows And Underprivileged Generally. by Hazardfan1: 1:35am On Apr 13, 2020
Pics 5 - Arriving at the Food bank

Pic 6 and 7 - Offloading

Pic 8 - Putting beans and garri into nylons and sacks

We got 32 big bags of beans 18k per bag, 100 cartons of Spaghetti for about 300k, and 43 big bags of Garri at 14500 each

13 Likes 1 Share

Pic 9 - Staying safe while getting ready for distribution on Saturday morning.

Pic 10 - Trying to maintain the Government's social distancing rule albeit we've not recorded a single case of the deadly virus in our community.

Pic 11 - Member of the NPF assigned to go about with us

Pic 12 - Addressing the beneficiaries that this isn't the Government's initiative (though we got donations from the commission of Education, the Honourable representing the LG at the House, The Chairman and his vice totalling 250k) was being carried out by some youths in the community who thought of giving back to the society that shaped them.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sharing Of Food Items For The Aged, Widows And Underprivileged Generally. by Hazardfan1: 1:37am On Apr 13, 2020
Pic 13 .... Another location

Pic 14 - Another location.

We made sure more than 80% of the aged ones and widows got something. Their names were submitted by their quater heads, the Baale of the quarter.

18 Likes

Re: Sharing Of Food Items For The Aged, Widows And Underprivileged Generally. by Hazardfan1: 2:21am On Apr 13, 2020
This is a yoruba community but the igbos and Hausas are part of us, hence we ensured that they weren't left out.

We gave the elders of the two tribes 35 packages each to give to their aged ones and they were very very happy to be recognized.

One love keep us together.

173 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Sharing Of Food Items For The Aged, Widows And Underprivileged Generally. by Hazardfan1: 2:32am On Apr 13, 2020
Pic 15 - Each packaged being spaced out.

Pic 16 - Members of the students' association who helped out in the struggle.

Pic 17 - Baba got his package and was grateful

Pic 18 - Aged men and women, some couldn't even stand for long but they had to come due to the high poverty rate in the country.

To God's glory, the exercise started on Monday and ended yesterday, it went well as planned and fact that I saw people genuinely happy, smiling and dishing out words of prayers brought so much joy to my heart, nothing is too small to give to the poor and needy,let's always try to help people around us and make our country a better place to live in.

Like i said earlier, we had raised about 1.7m as at yesterday, we kept on receiving credit alerts to the corporate account we opened for this cause.

By my calculations, we spent a little about 1.7m naira and it went well, we're not in debt, no life was lost, the Oba himself invited us to his palace and prayed for us, everyone wss happy.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sharing Of Food Items For The Aged, Widows And Underprivileged Generally. by Jumlek2411: 2:41am On Apr 13, 2020
Keep it up, God bless you immensely and replenish your pockets

84 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sharing Of Food Items For The Aged, Widows And Underprivileged Generally. by Hazardfan1: 10:33am On Apr 13, 2020
Jumlek2411:
Keep it up, God bless you immensely and replenish your pockets

Amen, thanks

Cc lalasticlala, airmark, puskin, Dominique, is this frontpage worthy?

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sharing Of Food Items For The Aged, Widows And Underprivileged Generally. by DontBullshitMe: 2:28pm On Apr 13, 2020
The people incharge of the distribution of the food appear to be malnourished. Makes me wonder the quality of what they share.

I pray some people don't become victims of food benevolence.

6 Likes

Re: Sharing Of Food Items For The Aged, Widows And Underprivileged Generally. by hisexcellency34: 2:28pm On Apr 13, 2020
is this palliative? Something that can't last for two days. See the look on the man's face

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sharing Of Food Items For The Aged, Widows And Underprivileged Generally. by Babatunde40(m): 2:28pm On Apr 13, 2020
This kind of giving is better than donating billions to FG. I wonder what those people who donated to FG were thinking. Maybe they did it for political favor or recognition because the money has entered voicemail

hisexcellency34:
is this palliative? Something that can't last for two days. See the look on the man's face
Someone donated what will last 2 days according to you. Why don't you go there and donate what will last 1 month. If you can't, then just shut up

204 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Sharing Of Food Items For The Aged, Widows And Underprivileged Generally. by MadeINchenzen2: 2:28pm On Apr 13, 2020
crime rate has increased and no security.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sharing Of Food Items For The Aged, Widows And Underprivileged Generally. by Oluwasaeon(m): 2:29pm On Apr 13, 2020

Re: Sharing Of Food Items For The Aged, Widows And Underprivileged Generally. by monaPhilz: 2:29pm On Apr 13, 2020
All lives matters. One Love
Re: Sharing Of Food Items For The Aged, Widows And Underprivileged Generally. by franugo(m): 2:30pm On Apr 13, 2020
Nice gesture

2 Likes

Re: Sharing Of Food Items For The Aged, Widows And Underprivileged Generally. by Onyekachi419(f): 2:31pm On Apr 13, 2020
Nice
Re: Sharing Of Food Items For The Aged, Widows And Underprivileged Generally. by oluwatosink: 2:31pm On Apr 13, 2020
Nice.
Coronavirus will end by the grace of God, everything will be back to normal.

6 Likes

Re: Sharing Of Food Items For The Aged, Widows And Underprivileged Generally. by deebee13(f): 2:31pm On Apr 13, 2020
Things like this make you know there might still be hope for Nigeria.
Good one bro!

18 Likes

Re: Sharing Of Food Items For The Aged, Widows And Underprivileged Generally. by anambraamaka: 2:32pm On Apr 13, 2020
Nice one.
Corona is showing the good side of Nigerians

2 Likes

Re: Sharing Of Food Items For The Aged, Widows And Underprivileged Generally. by PureGoldh(m): 2:32pm On Apr 13, 2020
God bless una jare...you guys tried ...The gOvernment of dz country is a big time joke....They ain't even ready to alleviate poverty and reduce hunger in dx country....

Raw Unadulterated Honey is readily available... Kindly contact 081 016 667 71 now let's talk about it... No handshake or hug dx period..Stay Safe

2 Likes

Re: Sharing Of Food Items For The Aged, Widows And Underprivileged Generally. by StPete: 2:32pm On Apr 13, 2020
Just what the federal and state governments could not do for it's citizens. Instead they receive big alerts from individuals and corporate bodies and feast on the proceeds with so much greed, leaving out the poor to die. This is commendable

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sharing Of Food Items For The Aged, Widows And Underprivileged Generally. by Carlyboi(m): 2:33pm On Apr 13, 2020
This is really laudable and impressive

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sharing Of Food Items For The Aged, Widows And Underprivileged Generally. by brainhgeek(m): 2:33pm On Apr 13, 2020
hisexcellency34:

I bet you have not blessed someone with pure water this season

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sharing Of Food Items For The Aged, Widows And Underprivileged Generally. by classicfrank4u(m): 2:33pm On Apr 13, 2020
Y
Re: Sharing Of Food Items For The Aged, Widows And Underprivileged Generally. by mubarakyoung: 2:33pm On Apr 13, 2020
Plz help a soul from dying from hunger, nothing is too small, work has been closed since and hunger is Killing man
0133105927.ubn

1 Like

Re: Sharing Of Food Items For The Aged, Widows And Underprivileged Generally. by Kharol1234: 2:33pm On Apr 13, 2020
nice gesture and God bless
Re: Sharing Of Food Items For The Aged, Widows And Underprivileged Generally. by Zikyke(m): 2:33pm On Apr 13, 2020
Good work

1 Like

Re: Sharing Of Food Items For The Aged, Widows And Underprivileged Generally. by netflicks(m): 2:34pm On Apr 13, 2020
Baco bag don blow...
Re: Sharing Of Food Items For The Aged, Widows And Underprivileged Generally. by Belugaice1: 2:34pm On Apr 13, 2020
Good
Re: Sharing Of Food Items For The Aged, Widows And Underprivileged Generally. by classicfrank4u(m): 2:34pm On Apr 13, 2020
hisexcellency34:
What kind of human being are u? cry

23 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

See Variety Of Nigerian Soups. (pictures) / My Perfect Concoction Rice Recipe, You Will Finish The Whole Pot (Photos, Video) / Hilda Baci Breaks Guinness World Record For Longest Cooking Marathon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.