Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,101 members, 7,821,802 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:49 PM

Security Operatives In Togo Assault Nigerians(video) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Security Operatives In Togo Assault Nigerians(video) (17082 Views)

Benin Republic Deports Many Nigerians (Video, Photos) / Nigerian Lady Residing In Canada Berates Fellow Nigerians (Video) / Nigerian Man Confronts Chinese Officials Over Ill-Treatment Of Nigerians (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Security Operatives In Togo Assault Nigerians(video) by Successkay12(m): 12:18pm On Dec 20, 2021
Foreverdope:
A video shared online showed the moment some security officers in Togo assault Nigerians traveling via an airport in the country.

According to reports which are yet to be confirmed, a group of Nigerians coming from the US(United States) with Ethiopian Airlines had a connecting flight that would take them through Eyadema Airport,  Togo on Saturday, December 18 to Nigeria. However, after getting confirmed flights from the USA, the airline officers allegedly told them the plane was full and could not take them to Nigeria. This got them angry and an argument arose which later resulted in a scuffle between them and the security agents.

The video showed some Togolese security agents holding a man and a woman on the floor in an attempt to arrest them.

At the time of this report, the appropriate authorities are yet to comment on the viral video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbZ0cs-Snmc
I felt bad while watching this video... Lome?? Togo?? Bread and beans for lagos?? Abi na another Togo for Europe?
Re: Security Operatives In Togo Assault Nigerians(video) by MT: 12:18pm On Dec 20, 2021
Just asking, does ethopian airline transit in Lome, Togo? I thought it was only in Addis Abbaba? Then I feel the video doesnt tell the whole story. What actually happened prior to this incident? No one ever knew from the video

1 Like

Re: Security Operatives In Togo Assault Nigerians(video) by freshalien: 12:19pm On Dec 20, 2021
tyup:
Now is the best time for the Nigeria to use this opportunity to invade and colonise Togo once and for all, South africa should then be the next on the list.

An open letter to Buhari

Invade where?? A country that cannot even clear terrorists from its own land, you want it to invade another country. Smh for you.

1 Like

Re: Security Operatives In Togo Assault Nigerians(video) by drezzyx(m): 12:21pm On Dec 20, 2021
Small yansh dey shake oo..
But make them no forget say Togolese full naija some of them they feel arrogant and full of themselves because them they bear Yoruba name..

Make them trade with care..
Re: Security Operatives In Togo Assault Nigerians(video) by ajumma(m): 12:23pm On Dec 20, 2021
Security Operatives In Togo Assault Biafran

Point of Correction on the Headline please

FamTomx2
thatsleepboy1
Imustnottalk:
Janicex:
od501
YourFavorite21
gazza07
ello29
googlepikins
kalemy
AfonjaConehead
Tomek09
InoGetJoy
EmekaA125
NGArmyTerrorist
Tranquillity360
BeardedMeat
HIYN:
bencr7
EmekaBlue
chichar1
kettykin
okoroemeka
sharpsecret
DOTian:
WhatCanIsay
sekundosekundo
federal9
after4
jmoore
Re: Security Operatives In Togo Assault Nigerians(video) by Jibabs2(m): 12:24pm On Dec 20, 2021
Even Togo
Re: Security Operatives In Togo Assault Nigerians(video) by oluwaahmed: 12:24pm On Dec 20, 2021
Wait u mean Togo did this to nigerians? Damn! The country don really waan.
Re: Security Operatives In Togo Assault Nigerians(video) by drezzyx(m): 12:25pm On Dec 20, 2021
ajumma:
Security Operatives In Togo Assault Biafran

point of correction on the Headline please
Ode ni e
Re: Security Operatives In Togo Assault Nigerians(video) by Angelfrost(m): 12:28pm On Dec 20, 2021
fuckingAyaya:
U mean Lome- Togo?

E shock you ba?!! grin grin grin

I don't even get upset when I read such things... Not anymore!!! Nigerians do far worse to one another!

If a Nigerian security agent can maim and kill his fellow countrymen even at the behest of expatriates, why should we expect or demand better from other nations?!!

Let's stop deceiving ourselves and put our house in order!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Security Operatives In Togo Assault Nigerians(video) by Lightorder: 12:28pm On Dec 20, 2021
ednut1:
Fighting with security operatives in a foreign land What exactly is our problem- only us dey cause wahala in ghana, south africa, cyprus, malaysia, italy, brazil, thailand, japan etc haba
did they tell you they fought security personals ?
Re: Security Operatives In Togo Assault Nigerians(video) by Angelfrost(m): 12:31pm On Dec 20, 2021
NwaNimo1:
Now little Togo dey dish out abuse to Nigerians?

[img]https://media1./images/8449c89b2a5a67af4d98b99a8e403eee/tenor.gif?itemid=21379361[/img]

To Go - Go To hell.....

Nigerians have no value for fellow Nigerians... So, why demand or expect more from outsiders when charity begins at home?!!

Even on this forum, look at the amount of bile and ill will thrown around!
Re: Security Operatives In Togo Assault Nigerians(video) by uptownemmygee(m): 12:31pm On Dec 20, 2021
Wahala for who hold Nigeria passport like this
Re: Security Operatives In Togo Assault Nigerians(video) by BigDawsNet: 12:31pm On Dec 20, 2021
Let's wait for statement from the president
Re: Security Operatives In Togo Assault Nigerians(video) by Angelfrost(m): 12:33pm On Dec 20, 2021
specialmati:
cool cool cool cool they watch how nigerian security manhandles them at home

Nigerian security agents do far worse than this na...

This nation has too long a way to go!!!

1 Like

Re: Security Operatives In Togo Assault Nigerians(video) by Elhabeeb1(m): 12:34pm On Dec 20, 2021
Well, don't go out there showing craze wo, you are not in Nigeria.
Re: Security Operatives In Togo Assault Nigerians(video) by Franking: 12:34pm On Dec 20, 2021
Nigerians ain't worth a dime anywhere. We don cast big time. Ordinary Togo, Ghana, Kenya, etc don see us finish.
Re: Security Operatives In Togo Assault Nigerians(video) by erico2k2(m): 12:35pm On Dec 20, 2021
Kazeem47:
This is bad.Sometimes we need to be patient.I don't know the truth of the matter o.But sometimes Nigerians dey prove stubborn-head.And sometimes doz other African Nations no like to see Nigerians for their side.
So you think the Nigerians are at fault just cos they are Nigerians right?
Re: Security Operatives In Togo Assault Nigerians(video) by Landmack: 12:37pm On Dec 20, 2021
tyup:
Now is the best time for the Nigeria to use this opportunity to invade and colonise Togo once and for all, South africa should then be the next on the list.

An open letter to Buhari

Wetin this one dey talk bikonu?
Re: Security Operatives In Togo Assault Nigerians(video) by Gee64: 12:37pm On Dec 20, 2021
To go to Togo na to go village now.

1 Like

Re: Security Operatives In Togo Assault Nigerians(video) by Nobody: 12:37pm On Dec 20, 2021
Successkay12:

I felt bad while watching this video... Lome?? Togo?? Bread and beans for lagos?? Abi na another Togo for Europe?

Wow that was unnecessary, our embassy and ambassador’s office need to take action, if not escalate to Buhari, this needs to be nipped in the bud swiftly.

1 Like

Re: Security Operatives In Togo Assault Nigerians(video) by dammyco(m): 12:38pm On Dec 20, 2021
Weitin TOGO get to offer that NIGERIANS are going there.
Togo no be better place na. Many state for 9ja better past that country.
Re: Security Operatives In Togo Assault Nigerians(video) by Osanoghodua1: 12:38pm On Dec 20, 2021
Why are Nigerians lawless everywhere? Obey simple rule and follow due process not always by function of muscle, the pen is always stronger than the sword. I read they have been evacuated to Nigeria. I understand our home government don't value her citizens bas much as other nations do.
Re: Security Operatives In Togo Assault Nigerians(video) by tnerro1(m): 12:39pm On Dec 20, 2021
Chai, even Togo, if I Dey there, I no care if na Emeka, wale, Musa or ehis dem Dey fight, as long as the person is a Nigerian, I go join the fight on his or her side
Re: Security Operatives In Togo Assault Nigerians(video) by Samfitz: 12:39pm On Dec 20, 2021
fuckingAyaya:
U mean Lome- Togo?

Small nyash dey shake oo

1 Like

Re: Security Operatives In Togo Assault Nigerians(video) by Rexymania(m): 12:42pm On Dec 20, 2021
Once the see Nigerians they are always on red alert
Re: Security Operatives In Togo Assault Nigerians(video) by SavageResponse(m): 12:42pm On Dec 20, 2021
This story does not sound plausible to me
Re: Security Operatives In Togo Assault Nigerians(video) by GoldenSpec: 12:44pm On Dec 20, 2021
Even Togo too!!??
Nigeria is finished! grin
Re: Security Operatives In Togo Assault Nigerians(video) by staga: 12:47pm On Dec 20, 2021
MT:
Just asking, does ethopian airline transit in Lome, Togo? I thought it was only in Addis Abbaba? Then I feel the video doesnt tell the whole story. What actually happened prior to this incident? No one ever knew from the video

Asky Airlines is the transit airline from Togo. I think they have an arrangement with Ethiopian airlines to drop off passengers there, from where they take over.

That said, I have watched the video and all I can say is that you will be subdued by airport security officials if you are deemed unruly or make too much noise. I have had a flight from Accra to Abuja cancelled by AWA without notice at Kotoka International Airport. I had to fly to Lagos with my family and eventually to Abuja at my own expense. Several passengers were affected but we did not make a lot of noise or become unruly at the airport. I waited till I got home, got hold of the rules from the ICAO and NCAA handbook, and filed a complaint with the airline quoting the relevant sections.

After a series of back and forth emails, I was compensated with two free tickets to Accra for my next journey. What we need to learn is that it is ok to stand for your right (which may be abused at any time anywhere), but there are approaches to claiming your rights. It is also not everywhere that you can exercise that right.

I have heard of passengers slapping staff of local airlines, breaking things like we saw in a recent video, etc. You cannot do such things abroad. You will be arrested on the spot and detained.

In this video, I can only see three persons in handcuffs, and not ALL passengers. We need to see the full video to draw conclusions. Our people can be very unruly at times. I was once heading from London to Lagos in Terminal 3 at Heathrow airport, and our people were busy jumping the queue and constituting themselves into an unbelievable nuisance.

We should learn to comport ourselves properly as Nigerians. Other countries already know us as being very stubborn, loud and aggressive.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Security Operatives In Togo Assault Nigerians(video) by meedoLock(m): 12:48pm On Dec 20, 2021
tyup:

An open letter to Buhari

Bro u mad o grin grin cheesy
Re: Security Operatives In Togo Assault Nigerians(video) by ajumma(m): 12:49pm On Dec 20, 2021
drezzyx:
Ode ni e

beggar with diarrheas' mouth

i be wan help you before

wawa dan iska kowai

Re: Security Operatives In Togo Assault Nigerians(video) by MT: 12:51pm On Dec 20, 2021
staga:

Asky Airlines is the transit airline from Togo. I think they have an arrangement with Ethiopian airlines to drop off passengers there, from where they take over.

That said, I have watched the video and all I can say is that you will be subdued by airport security officials if you are deemed unruly or make too much noise. I have had a flight from Accra to Abuja cancelled by AWA without notice at Kotoka International Airport. I had to fly to Lagos with my family and eventually to Abuja at my own expense. Several passengers were affected but we did not make a lot of noise or become unruly at the airport. I waited till I got home, got hold of the rules from the ICAO and NCAA handbook, and filed a complaint with the airline quoting the relevant sections.

After a series of back and forth emails, I was compensated with two free tickets to Accra for my next journey. What we need to learn is that it is ok to stand for your right (which may be abused at any time anywhere), but there are approaches to claiming your rights. It is also not everywhere that you can exercise that right.

I have heard of passengers slapping staff of local airlines, breaking things like we saw in a recent video, etc. You cannot do such things abroad. You will be arrested on the spot and detained.

In this video, I can only see three persons in handcuffs, and not ALL passengers. We need to see the full video to draw conclusions. Our people can be very unruly at times. I was once heading from London to Lagos in Terminal 3 at Heathrow airport, and our people were busy jumping the queue and constituting themselves into an unbelievable nuisance.

We should learn to comport ourselves properly as Nigerians. Other countries already know us as being very stubborn, loud and aggressive.

You have said it all. I hope our people will read this and take a lesson from it. Thank you sir
Re: Security Operatives In Togo Assault Nigerians(video) by Wanbissaka: 12:51pm On Dec 20, 2021
ajumma:

beggar with diarrheas' mouth

i be wan help you before

wawa dan iska kowai
Abeg come looky side. Boss man

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lagos Traffic Taskforce Begins Clampdown Against Traffic Offender / Nigerian Migrants Trying To Enter Kiev Under Guise Of Football Team Detained At / Forex Crisis: Summer Holidaymakers Shun US, UK, Opt For Villages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.