Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,282 members, 7,818,957 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:53 AM

SA Couple Caught Selling Lion's Head To Traditional Healer (graphic PIX) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / SA Couple Caught Selling Lion's Head To Traditional Healer (graphic PIX) (40634 Views)

A Twenty-six-year-old Traditional Healer Was Allegedly Raped By Her Male Client / Hawker Caught Selling Tap Water Inside Bottle Water To Customers (pix/video) / Girl Caught Selling Marijuana To Students In Kano State. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

SA Couple Caught Selling Lion's Head To Traditional Healer (graphic PIX) by TMKsouth: 10:07pm On Dec 20, 2021
Two people who were arrested with a lion’s head in their possession in South Africa earlier this month appeared in the Zeerust Magistrates’ Court on Monday.

According to National Prosecuting Authority (NPA) spokesperson Henry Mamothame, the accused Joseph Modime (59) and Emily Mashaba(54) were granted bail of 1500 rands each (39,000 naira), and the matter was postponed to 16 February 2022 for further investigations.

He added that after verifying their addresses, the court granted them bail under strict conditions.

“They should refrain from interacting with state witnesses, they should avail themselves on their next court appearance but failure to do so will result in a warrant of arrest being issued against them,” Mamothame said.

They were both charged with the contravention of the National Environmental Management Biodiversity Act after they were caught in possession of a lion’s head.

“Their court appearance emanates from their arrest following an intelligence tip-off that resulted in a sting operation,” he said.

Mamothame said the two suspects were travelling from Johannesburg to Zeerust (North West province) seeking a traditional healer to sell the lion’s head to for an amount of R350,000 (N9,1 million).

The report further indicated that this sale was intercepted by a police agent who arranged a traditional healer, leading to the arrest of the two at a petrol station in Zeerust. A lion’s head was found in their possession, wrapped in refuse bags.

Further investigations are underway after they seized the lion’s head from the suspects.
https://www.thesouthafrican.com/news/two-caught-with-a-lions-head-in-their-possession-released-on-bail-latest/

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SA Couple Caught Selling Lion's Head To Traditional Healer (graphic PIX) by Golan007: 10:09pm On Dec 20, 2021
In Nigeria, you would hear people say "free them".

Nigerians were surely amongst the multitude that cried "free Barabas" .

173 Likes 13 Shares

Re: SA Couple Caught Selling Lion's Head To Traditional Healer (graphic PIX) by Dorcmass(m): 10:10pm On Dec 20, 2021
u think say u dey wise
in nigeria police that will arest u gan dem go firstly hail you when they see this kind thing with you

126 Likes 10 Shares

Re: SA Couple Caught Selling Lion's Head To Traditional Healer (graphic PIX) by Nobody: 10:11pm On Dec 20, 2021
Is south Africa guys from my guy Tmksouth grin

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SA Couple Caught Selling Lion's Head To Traditional Healer (graphic PIX) by TMKsouth: 10:17pm On Dec 20, 2021
Bonesbreaker:

Wasssuuuup!

2 Likes

Re: SA Couple Caught Selling Lion's Head To Traditional Healer (graphic PIX) by Nobody: 10:19pm On Dec 20, 2021
TMKsouth:

Wasssuuuup!
we good maybe those guys wanna use lion head to cure covid19 grin

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SA Couple Caught Selling Lion's Head To Traditional Healer (graphic PIX) by TMKsouth: 10:24pm On Dec 20, 2021
Bonesbreaker:
we good maybe those guys wanna use lion head to cure covid19 grin

LMAO! grin I see you wanna start a fight.

Let's just say they wanted N9 million - that's how much they were selling the head for.

27 Likes

Re: SA Couple Caught Selling Lion's Head To Traditional Healer (graphic PIX) by Nobody: 10:30pm On Dec 20, 2021
TMKsouth:

LMAO! grin I see you wanna start a fight.

Let's just say they wanted N9 million - that's how much they were selling the head for.
the risk their life and all that just 4 9million hungry SA men so is not even 4 covid19 kia soon we will be hearing skull mining just like yorubas do here in Nigeria grin SA always doing stuff bad

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SA Couple Caught Selling Lion's Head To Traditional Healer (graphic PIX) by TMKsouth: 10:34pm On Dec 20, 2021
Bonesbreaker:
the risk their life and all that just 4 9million hungry SA men so is not even 4 covid19 kia soon we will be hearing skull mining just like yorubas do here in Nigeria grin SA always doing stuff bad

LOL, i knew you were up to no good - I'm in a festive mood so I'll save you for the January blues. It's a date, sucker! angry

61 Likes 1 Share

Re: SA Couple Caught Selling Lion's Head To Traditional Healer (graphic PIX) by Nobody: 10:38pm On Dec 20, 2021
TMKsouth:

LOL, i knew you were up to no good - I'm in a festive mood so I'll save you for the January blues. It's a date, sucker! angry
grin relax Jor the truth sometimes is bitter anyway is SA things we know u guys what ur capable to do and we respect that lol! grin hey! its merry period hope ur catching cruise

5 Likes

Re: SA Couple Caught Selling Lion's Head To Traditional Healer (graphic PIX) by TMKsouth: 10:48pm On Dec 20, 2021
More pics

3 Shares

Re: SA Couple Caught Selling Lion's Head To Traditional Healer (graphic PIX) by shigishege: 11:06pm On Dec 20, 2021
And so?? The lion complain to them??

32 Likes

Re: SA Couple Caught Selling Lion's Head To Traditional Healer (graphic PIX) by TMKsouth: 11:25pm On Dec 20, 2021
Golan007:

I see what you mean. Check the comment above undecided

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: SA Couple Caught Selling Lion's Head To Traditional Healer (graphic PIX) by Golan007: 11:33pm On Dec 20, 2021
TMKsouth:

I see what you mean. Check the comment above undecided

It beggars belief.

4 Likes

Re: SA Couple Caught Selling Lion's Head To Traditional Healer (graphic PIX) by GodIsBiafran: 11:46pm On Dec 20, 2021
Bonesbreaker:

TMKSouth is a criminal. He was locked up in Pretoria for poaching.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SA Couple Caught Selling Lion's Head To Traditional Healer (graphic PIX) by FuckDModz: 12:15am On Dec 21, 2021
Delete this before southwestern regional skull miners will see it and extend their cruelty to animals.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SA Couple Caught Selling Lion's Head To Traditional Healer (graphic PIX) by Mastakija(m): 12:58am On Dec 21, 2021
Shayb diswon na still lion head grin

1 Like

Re: SA Couple Caught Selling Lion's Head To Traditional Healer (graphic PIX) by wiseone28: 2:06am On Dec 21, 2021
I can't imagine a lion head pepper soup

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: SA Couple Caught Selling Lion's Head To Traditional Healer (graphic PIX) by Karemarealty288(m): 2:24am On Dec 21, 2021
The lion spirit strong cheesy grin

52 Likes

Re: SA Couple Caught Selling Lion's Head To Traditional Healer (graphic PIX) by daddytime(m): 2:48am On Dec 21, 2021
It would have been a human head in my country, yet, the culprits most of the time end up with a slap on the wrist.

What a clear difference...

10 Likes

Re: SA Couple Caught Selling Lion's Head To Traditional Healer (graphic PIX) by Temisia(f): 4:18am On Dec 21, 2021
Wow
Re: SA Couple Caught Selling Lion's Head To Traditional Healer (graphic PIX) by Lincoln275(m): 4:20am On Dec 21, 2021
Na crime? While na human heads in some countries

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: SA Couple Caught Selling Lion's Head To Traditional Healer (graphic PIX) by EricSmallz(m): 4:25am On Dec 21, 2021
At least, no be person head

11 Likes

Re: SA Couple Caught Selling Lion's Head To Traditional Healer (graphic PIX) by Limitlessss: 4:25am On Dec 21, 2021
Saner countries

1 Like

Re: SA Couple Caught Selling Lion's Head To Traditional Healer (graphic PIX) by Lucas4903: 4:27am On Dec 21, 2021
daddytime:
It would have been a human head in my country, yet, the culprits most of the time end up with a slap on the wrist.

What a clear difference...

Anything to make Nigeria look bad. The police can be corrupt in any other guise but not when you are caught with a human head. By the way can you please list those who were caught and later slapped on the wrist and then released?

24 Likes

Re: SA Couple Caught Selling Lion's Head To Traditional Healer (graphic PIX) by TOPCRUISE(m): 4:30am On Dec 21, 2021
Golan007:

If Nigerians can give reasons why the authorities should free chidinma who used her slaying skills to kill a whole human being, they will say someone that hunted and cut off the head of a lion did so on self defence

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: SA Couple Caught Selling Lion's Head To Traditional Healer (graphic PIX) by DarkJeddi(m): 4:31am On Dec 21, 2021
In this SH1TH0LE..

Some hungry MOFOS..

Would have been shouting..

Is it not lion?

Free them!!

3 Likes

Re: SA Couple Caught Selling Lion's Head To Traditional Healer (graphic PIX) by Pennywise(m): 4:33am On Dec 21, 2021
Selling a cat head makes international news in SA. In Nigeria human heads are routinely bought and sold in Ogun State for ritual. In Imo, there is no time for ritual they make peppersoup

14 Likes

Re: SA Couple Caught Selling Lion's Head To Traditional Healer (graphic PIX) by Judolisco(m): 4:33am On Dec 21, 2021
Opoor.... D traditionalist still dey do internship... After lion head Na human head and organs b next...

1 Like

Re: SA Couple Caught Selling Lion's Head To Traditional Healer (graphic PIX) by consultancy: 4:41am On Dec 21, 2021
At least it's an animal's head. In Nigeria, that would be Human head embarassed

2 Likes

Re: SA Couple Caught Selling Lion's Head To Traditional Healer (graphic PIX) by KarlWest(m): 4:48am On Dec 21, 2021
Shame on our Yusless Mazi Kanu who is yet to bring Buhari head from Aso Rock despite his rants.

Igbo and Fake Mouth ehh!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: SA Couple Caught Selling Lion's Head To Traditional Healer (graphic PIX) by farmboyy: 4:50am On Dec 21, 2021
So i can not eat lion meet in peace in South Africa? Thank God I dey Naija, na lion meet I take do Christmas this season because this Buhari regime no easy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

LASTMA To Discipline Female Officer Who Punched A Passenger In Viral Video / Scared Man Dies After Jumping Into The Sea During A Random Police Raid In Lagos / Book Seller In CRUTECH Found Dead In Front Of His Shop [Photo]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.