Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,206 members, 7,815,197 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:53 AM

College Of Dental Technology Enugu To Arrest Pregnant Students, Nursing Mothers - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / College Of Dental Technology Enugu To Arrest Pregnant Students, Nursing Mothers (21360 Views)

Federal College Of Dental Technology, Enugu Enugu, Enugu State. / House Of Representatives To Arrest Father Edeh, Madonna University VC / Students, Nursing Mother Win At Adeleye Foundation Race (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: College Of Dental Technology Enugu To Arrest Pregnant Students, Nursing Mothers by NightFood: 8:00pm On Dec 21, 2021
So pregnant ladies shouldn't school?
Re: College Of Dental Technology Enugu To Arrest Pregnant Students, Nursing Mothers by dallyemmy: 8:03pm On Dec 21, 2021
Maybe the school officials fell from the sky...
Re: College Of Dental Technology Enugu To Arrest Pregnant Students, Nursing Mothers by MICHEALADEX(m): 8:10pm On Dec 21, 2021
GboyegaD:

Oga, people have rights to get pregnant as adults. In the West, people get married while in college and have babies. It is no crime to get pregnant while in college.

They shouldn't bring their babies to class as it is distracting and that I do not support and that is what they should kick against and not those who have plans on how to manage themselves.

This kind of idea and thinking is why people will condemn the navy and army for dealing with cute biola and the lady who got proposal for marriage.

We should discourage this concept of people getting married or pregnant when the focus should be on studies.

Well majority are even already old and near expiration before they even get into 100level

When the trend is 21 - 22 already a graduate.

You see old women of 33 claiming 22⅔ just to get admitted just to go turn eligible campus runs girls. Some even get pregnant, give birth and dump the baby in the toilet
Re: College Of Dental Technology Enugu To Arrest Pregnant Students, Nursing Mothers by Ifesinachi22(m): 8:19pm On Dec 21, 2021
ijustdey:
............Threatens Them With Suspension

http://saharareporters.com/2021/12/21/nigerian-tertiary-institution-sets-taskforce-arrest-pregnant-students-nursing-mothers

Oboy like play like play my school hit front page twice in a week.

First, It was a Nigeria wins Best National Costume At Miss Universe 2021 pageant

Then this.

Dentalites to the world...

Re: College Of Dental Technology Enugu To Arrest Pregnant Students, Nursing Mothers by Panda7(m): 8:21pm On Dec 21, 2021
don't fuvvk to school lol grin cheesy
Re: College Of Dental Technology Enugu To Arrest Pregnant Students, Nursing Mothers by zikter(m): 8:24pm On Dec 21, 2021
chloride6:

A court will strike it down as unconstitutional and discriminatory.

Funny enough, that is the rule in all school of nursing and midwifery through out the country. I am sure they have a reason for that
Re: College Of Dental Technology Enugu To Arrest Pregnant Students, Nursing Mothers by chloride6: 8:26pm On Dec 21, 2021
zikter:
Funny enough, that is the rule in all school of nursing and midwifery through out the country. I am sure they have a reason for that

That is nonsense .
Re: College Of Dental Technology Enugu To Arrest Pregnant Students, Nursing Mothers by zikter(m): 8:32pm On Dec 21, 2021
chloride6:

That is nonsense .

I wouldn't tag it nonsense because I am not in full knowledge of what necessitated that rule. However, it is a standard practice and students are well oriented on it before starting school fully. Once you are pregnant, you go home until after delivery which means you have lost a session automatically
Re: College Of Dental Technology Enugu To Arrest Pregnant Students, Nursing Mothers by GboyegaD(m): 8:34pm On Dec 21, 2021
MICHEALADEX:

This kind of idea and thinking is why people will condemn the navy and army for dealing with cute biola and the lady who got proposal for marriage.

We should discourage this concept of people getting married or pregnant when the focus should be on studies.

Well majority are even already old and near expiration before they even get into 100level

When the trend is 21 - 22 already a graduate.

You see old women of 33 claiming 22⅔ just to get admitted just to go turn eligible campus runs girls. Some even get pregnant, give birth and dump the baby in the toilet

Oga, western education we are emulating see .any of them marry right after High School or while in college so why should ours be different?
Re: College Of Dental Technology Enugu To Arrest Pregnant Students, Nursing Mothers by Analysiscorner: 8:36pm On Dec 21, 2021
ijustdey:
............Threatens Them With Suspension

http://saharareporters.com/2021/12/21/nigerian-tertiary-institution-sets-taskforce-arrest-pregnant-students-nursing-mothers
Sahara reporters ought to have checked the rules and regulations of the college to find out whether there is such law there.
Re: College Of Dental Technology Enugu To Arrest Pregnant Students, Nursing Mothers by tossie101(f): 8:39pm On Dec 21, 2021
Arry110:
We still have these kind of patriarchical and archaic rules in 2021.

Patriarchal? Do u know the mean of the word u just used or u just throwing new word u learned.?
Re: College Of Dental Technology Enugu To Arrest Pregnant Students, Nursing Mothers by NobleAngell(f): 8:47pm On Dec 21, 2021
Pierocash:
that is the rule.

No medical student is permitted to get pregnant while on study. Even after graduation ,you must work for some number of years before considering getting pregnant
Blatant lie! My sis was married in her final year and pregnant during her house job. Pls stop lying with so much audacity, it's disgusting.

1 Like

Re: College Of Dental Technology Enugu To Arrest Pregnant Students, Nursing Mothers by thatigboman1: 8:50pm On Dec 21, 2021
Pierocash:
that is the rule.

No medical student is permitted to get pregnant while on study. Even after graduation ,you must work for some number of years before considering getting pregnant
even the married ones?
Re: College Of Dental Technology Enugu To Arrest Pregnant Students, Nursing Mothers by iyke2frankeze: 8:51pm On Dec 21, 2021
Only Nigeria knows where she borrowed all these evil rules and regulations.
Re: College Of Dental Technology Enugu To Arrest Pregnant Students, Nursing Mothers by Newton2024: 9:09pm On Dec 21, 2021
[s]
ENIGMATIC2023:

Rules are rules...You can school online if you can't obey the rules.
Pierocash:
that is the rule.

[/s] Bubu's mentality. You guys must be surpporters of APC.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: College Of Dental Technology Enugu To Arrest Pregnant Students, Nursing Mothers by Justiceleague12: 9:24pm On Dec 21, 2021
If it's stated on the college law please they should abide by it... Every organization or institution have lay down rules

dawnomike:
This is madness... What is wrong in being pregnant or with a child as a student!!!?
Re: College Of Dental Technology Enugu To Arrest Pregnant Students, Nursing Mothers by Smif(m): 9:28pm On Dec 21, 2021
D kind dull ppl wey full dis nairaland sef
It is a standing rule in all medical schools
Nobody force u to go do d course, if u can't keep d rules, don't go to d school
U can choose sociology or political science dem no go mind
Re: College Of Dental Technology Enugu To Arrest Pregnant Students, Nursing Mothers by TONYE001(m): 9:44pm On Dec 21, 2021
I am a 5th year medical student.

I do not know of any rule prohibiting females from getting pregnant. Two of my classmates got pregnant last year; one gave birth to a set of twins. The pregnancies did not interfere with their work. We did postings together (including ward rounds and surgeries where we stand for hours).

None of them bring their children to class. They all have private arrangements to handle that outside class.

I have been in school for over ten years and I know a number of medical students that were pregnant while training. I know tons of junior doctors (house officers) that are/were pregnant.

This thread is not about medical students or medschool; I decided to do this post to address the misinformation flying everywhere.

Pregnancy can be managed concurrently with academic work. My wife was pregnant with our first son during her post graduate course work. I know many people that have successfully handled this situation very well.

4 Likes

Re: College Of Dental Technology Enugu To Arrest Pregnant Students, Nursing Mothers by Owen247: 9:51pm On Dec 21, 2021
Wahala for who wan go that school ooo.

So if am married kwanu?

I hope they will be feed if .... ? Just asking sha.

Seems like , in fact this fire brigade approach to whatever that’s happening over there for me E NO TALLY. There should be better options to go about that , it’s too harsh for my liking ( but they don’t give a dam. )

So if someone was raped ( and likely got pregnant )?
Re: College Of Dental Technology Enugu To Arrest Pregnant Students, Nursing Mothers by xelly: 10:51pm On Dec 21, 2021
Gravatar:

Una go just dey post nonsense. Say na medical student. To start with, wetin concern dental technologists and medicine?

You just fabricated an entire story from nowhere.

I saw Dental there. Kindly educate us who they are.
Re: College Of Dental Technology Enugu To Arrest Pregnant Students, Nursing Mothers by Chartey(m): 12:55am On Dec 22, 2021
Pierocash:
that is the rule.

Many medical students get married and have children while in school because of age. Remember some already have previous degrees.

These ones are not even medical students so where from this your trash.

Tertiary school students are adults who lead adult lives. This is a very stupid decision.

1 Like

Re: College Of Dental Technology Enugu To Arrest Pregnant Students, Nursing Mothers by Deblow: 1:30am On Dec 22, 2021
Harrykn:
What a head line
Lol. Zero tolerance 'of'...
However, if truly it is outlawed in the school's rules and regulations, there should be no objections to its enforcement.
Re: College Of Dental Technology Enugu To Arrest Pregnant Students, Nursing Mothers by prophetfire: 3:50am On Dec 22, 2021
Gravatar:

Una go just dey post nonsense. Say na medical student. To start with, wetin concern dental technologists and medicine?

You just fabricated an entire story from nowhere.
So dentals aren't medical field again? Are you from Mars?
Re: College Of Dental Technology Enugu To Arrest Pregnant Students, Nursing Mothers by Onyiiobi7735(m): 5:29am On Dec 22, 2021
dawnomike:
This is madness... What is wrong in being pregnant or with a child as a student!!!?
Nawao! The school authorities are very stupid. In my UNIZIK, pregnant girls and those with children attend lectures without any form of hindrance.
Re: College Of Dental Technology Enugu To Arrest Pregnant Students, Nursing Mothers by Chinny024(f): 5:36am On Dec 22, 2021
Back then in nursing schools across the country from 2008 down,if you are found with pregnancy be it one month, your academic section would be brought to absolute end. Indefinite suspension. Abortion became the order of the day in hostels.
Around 2009,one student at Enugu took them to court after being suspended and won the case..
Anytime I see nursing students get married while in school now,I say shuuuuu!!!

2 Likes

Re: College Of Dental Technology Enugu To Arrest Pregnant Students, Nursing Mothers by Arry110(m): 6:03am On Dec 22, 2021
tossie101:

Patriarchal? Do u know the mean of the word u just used or u just throwing new word u learned.?
If you don't gedifok out
Re: College Of Dental Technology Enugu To Arrest Pregnant Students, Nursing Mothers by KillerBeauty(f): 6:05am On Dec 22, 2021
Where are the feminist groups when you need them.
Re: College Of Dental Technology Enugu To Arrest Pregnant Students, Nursing Mothers by TONYE001(m): 7:08am On Dec 22, 2021
Chinny024:
Back then in nursing schools across the country from 2008 down,if you are found with pregnancy be it one month, your academic section would be brought to absolute end. Indefinite suspension. Abortion became the order of the day in hostels.
Around 2009,one student at Enugu took them to court after being suspended and won the case..
Anytime I see nursing students get married while in school now,I say shuuuuu!!!

Never knew this was a thing in nursing school.

For medicine, people are quite free to get pregnant.

I wonder why the authorities don't allow pregnancy while schooling though. It makes no sense to me.

1 Like

Re: College Of Dental Technology Enugu To Arrest Pregnant Students, Nursing Mothers by MICHEALADEX(m): 7:14am On Dec 22, 2021
GboyegaD:

Oga, western education we are emulating see .any of them marry right after High School or while in college so why should ours be different?

We adopted a British constitution now we are crying for another. We have now seen that the western kind of education In totality does not can not be supported by the structures on ground hense we have do the needful if we must produce serious and educated minds. And not old and tired house wife from hundred level.

If they have structure that supports them over der and we don't have, should we continue to produce junks and unproductive people who at the end have results they can't prove or defend?
Re: College Of Dental Technology Enugu To Arrest Pregnant Students, Nursing Mothers by Pierocash(m): 7:16am On Dec 22, 2021
NobleAngell:
Blatant lie! My sis was married in her final year and pregnant during her house job. Pls stop lying with so much audacity, it's disgusting.
that certain things happened and no consequence doesn't make it admissible. Though some institutiona have some waiver on that. But a little Google search could have solved your ignorance
Re: College Of Dental Technology Enugu To Arrest Pregnant Students, Nursing Mothers by Pierocash(m): 7:18am On Dec 22, 2021
thatigboman1:
even the married ones?
most medical schools don't admit married women. Though the rule for some institutions have been relaxed ,but some still upholds that rule

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Musa Goes To School (Boy Mutilated By His Stepmother In Kano) / Pelumi Olugbenga Represents Africa At World Bank Youth Summit (Photos) / Covenant University Wins The Enactus Nigeria National Competition 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.