Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,193 members, 7,953,694 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:39 PM

The Dangers Of Buying Phones Made For China, India And Europe - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Dangers Of Buying Phones Made For China, India And Europe (5104 Views)

Is There Any Risk In Buying Phones From Jumia? / Where Are Samsung Phones Made? / Stop Buying Phones From Aliexpress, Gearbest, And Other Chinese Stores. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Dangers Of Buying Phones Made For China, India And Europe by marlboro007(m): 9:29am On Dec 23, 2021
skywalker240:

Sir, I'll suggest you re-read what our honorable comrade made time to write out

This time carefully Sir smiley
tecno London used geng
Re: The Dangers Of Buying Phones Made For China, India And Europe by skywalker240(m): 10:33am On Dec 23, 2021
marlboro007:
tecno London used geng
grin
Re: The Dangers Of Buying Phones Made For China, India And Europe by atheistandproud(m): 10:35am On Dec 23, 2021
marlboro007:
tecno London used geng

Re: The Dangers Of Buying Phones Made For China, India And Europe by ayindejimmy(m): 10:56am On Dec 23, 2021
Just buy the global version
Re: The Dangers Of Buying Phones Made For China, India And Europe by Freelancerx: 11:46am On Dec 23, 2021
Very imprtant to know the network bands each region and even carrier offers

1 Like

Re: The Dangers Of Buying Phones Made For China, India And Europe by Freelancerx: 11:47am On Dec 23, 2021
The best
ayindejimmy:
Just buy the global version

1 Like

Re: The Dangers Of Buying Phones Made For China, India And Europe by zacwale(m): 1:25pm On Dec 23, 2021
First go and learn about custom ROM number 1

For your Tecno pouvoir 2 use dis link to solve your problem

https://www.getdroidtips.com/lineage-os-17-1-tecno-pouvoir-2-android-10/

atheistandproud:

I used to find it shocking when people came out to display ignorance in public but now it no longer surprises me.

If only you had been patient to read the comment above yours but I guess you were eager to drop your load.

Simple question.

If a phone like Realme 8 doesn't support band 7 and 20. How do you plan to unlock it? (Image A)

Or

If a phone like my old Tecno Pouvoir 2 that doesn't come with Band 28, how do you plan to unlock the band 28 that the phone doesn't support?

PS:

I'll make it easier for you. The band 7, 20 and 28 are not locked away. The hardware to support them is not present at all on the SoC.
Re: The Dangers Of Buying Phones Made For China, India And Europe by zacwale(m): 1:40pm On Dec 23, 2021
Realme 8 have 3/8/40 which is available in Nigeria.... Meaning with full force you didn't need to unlock it....
Because Redmi company av two versions global and china which work anywhere in d world

atheistandproud:

I used to find it shocking when people came out to display ignorance in public but now it no longer surprises me.

If only you had been patient to read the comment above yours but I guess you were eager to drop your load.

Simple question.

If a phone like Realme 8 doesn't support band 7 and 20. How do you plan to unlock it? (Image A)

Or

If a phone like my old Tecno Pouvoir 2 that doesn't come with Band 28, how do you plan to unlock the band 28 that the phone doesn't support?

PS:

I'll make it easier for you. The band 7, 20 and 28 are not locked away. The hardware to support them is not present at all on the SoC.
Re: The Dangers Of Buying Phones Made For China, India And Europe by d3cod3r(m): 1:45pm On Dec 23, 2021
zacwale:

If a phone can't get network in a particular area because the hardware to get the network isn't present on the phone, how do you plan on fixing that? You claimed you can unlock all phones, Bro that's a big lie. It's my field of work. There are hardlocked phones eg. Tracfone locked phones. Heck there are CDMA only phones too, they can't work in a gsm only country like Nigeria. Custom roms can only activate the bands if they are present in the hardware but disabled by the stock rom.

4 Likes

Re: The Dangers Of Buying Phones Made For China, India And Europe by zacwale(m): 3:20pm On Dec 23, 2021
I am happy you are into dis business..... Drop your number let me share you some information

d3cod3r:

If a phone can't get network in a particular area because the hardware to get the network isn't present on the phone, how do you plan on fixing that? You claimed you can unlock all phones, Bro that's a big lie. It's my field of work. There are hardlocked phones eg. Tracfone locked phones. Heck there are CDMA only phones too, they can't work in a gsm only country like Nigeria. Custom roms can only activate the bands if they are present in the hardware but disabled by the stock rom.
Re: The Dangers Of Buying Phones Made For China, India And Europe by atheistandproud(m): 4:46pm On Dec 23, 2021
zacwale:
Realme 8 have 3/8/40 which is available in Nigeria.... Meaning with full force you didn't need to unlock it....
Because Redmi company av two versions global and china which work anywhere in d world

This is where you simply don't understand or you absolutely refuse to. Nobody dey follow you measure prowess of unlocking.

I'll ask again in the most basic manner.

If a phone lacks the hardware to receive a particular band, how do you unlock something that is not there?

I mean say if a phone no get the IC on top the motherboard to receive a certain band signal e.g. a n262... how you wan take unlock am put for the phone?

My phone no come with Band n262, can you unlock it for me?

You don understand now?

If you can unlock it for me, I come anywhere you dey with 30k as bet money. I go top am sef.
Re: The Dangers Of Buying Phones Made For China, India And Europe by atheistandproud(m): 4:49pm On Dec 23, 2021
d3cod3r:

My brother, he is not understanding the point. I swear.

CDMA only phones are absolutely useless here.
Re: The Dangers Of Buying Phones Made For China, India And Europe by zacwale(m): 11:18pm On Dec 23, 2021
Na WA ooo you want to install 5g inside dat your small Tecno phn

Me dat z using mi11 ultra av not see 5g for 9ja

atheistandproud:

This is where you simply don't understand or you absolutely refuse to. Nobody dey follow you measure prowess of unlocking.

I'll ask again in the most basic manner.

If a phone lacks the hardware to receive a particular band, how do you unlock something that is not there?

I mean say if a phone no get the IC on top the motherboard to receive a certain band signal e.g. a n262... how you wan take unlock am put for the phone?

My phone no come with Band n262, can you unlock it for me?

You don understand now?

If you can unlock it for me, I come anywhere you dey with 30k as bet money. I go top am sef.

Re: The Dangers Of Buying Phones Made For China, India And Europe by chibike69: 11:25pm On Dec 23, 2021
zacwale:

nawa ooo

shebi u don understand wetin him dey talk.
Re: The Dangers Of Buying Phones Made For China, India And Europe by zacwale(m): 11:29pm On Dec 23, 2021
LoL ������������

chibike69:

nawa ooo

shebi u don understand wetin him dey talk.
Re: The Dangers Of Buying Phones Made For China, India And Europe by atheistandproud(m): 12:19am On Dec 24, 2021
zacwale:

But you said you can unlock any network band na

Re: The Dangers Of Buying Phones Made For China, India And Europe by skywalker240(m): 7:07am On Dec 24, 2021
kripen:

That is why they say If you want to caught a Nigeria man hide the secret of anything in a book. Don't go there they don't bother to read even when they read they don't assimilate.
Need i say more
Re: The Dangers Of Buying Phones Made For China, India And Europe by atheistandproud(m): 9:25am On Dec 24, 2021
skywalker240:

Need i say more

You don't need to brotherly.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Dangers Of Buying Phones Made For China, India And Europe by edoairways: 2:11pm On Dec 24, 2021
zacwale:
Your village ppl get you.... Talking about network frequency bands go learn about unlocking network

No phn in dis world I can't unlock for network...

A lot of box dy for unlocking network
E g z3x for Samsung small lg phn too
Miracle box/fusion box sigmal box etc

So you can make my redmni note 8 support band 28? kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: The Dangers Of Buying Phones Made For China, India And Europe by atheistandproud(m): 9:29pm On Dec 30, 2021
edoairways:

So you can make my redmni note 8 support band 28? kiss kiss

He can't
Re: The Dangers Of Buying Phones Made For China, India And Europe by Ambi23(m): 11:08pm On Mar 20, 2022
Why didn't i see this early ��
I used my money to buy india version of redmi note 10 pro. Now can't use my mtn on it� i wish i could swap it
atheistandproud:
The importance of network frequency bands on smartphones cannot be overstated. It is rather unfortunate that a lot of people do not know about network frequency bands and what they do.

Network frequency bands refer to the signal frequencies that are assigned to network providers. These network providers then use these frequencies to broadcast their signals.

Network providers are different across many countries. For example in India you have Airtel, Jio and Vi India, in Nigeria you have MTN, Airtel, Glo etc. and in the UK you have 3, EE, O2 and Vodafone. So where you live determines the network provider that you have to use. I live in Nigeria so therefore I can neither use AT&T nor China Telecom.

These different network providers also use their allocated network frequency bands to broadcast their signals to their subscribers.

What is the importance of network frequency bands on smartphones?

These days, smartphone OEMs tend to make different versions of the same phone for different regions. Two very good examples of companies that do this are Samsung and Xiaomi.

These different versions of the same phone usually only support network frequency bands in the regions that they are meant for. A good example of this can be seen in phones meant for India supporting LTE bands 1, 3, 5, 8, 40 and 41.

As earlier stated, I live in Nigeria so I am bound to use Nigerian cell providers like MTN (LTE band 7 and 20), Airtel (LTE band 3) and Globacom (LTE band 3 and 28).

It would make zero sense to me to buy a phone meant for the Indian region because apart from bands 3, it would not support my Nigeria LTE bands. If I buy such a phone, I would be forced to use a network provider with band 3 (Airtel), otherwise my phone would be useless as a communications device.

It would make much more sense for me to buy a device from the Chinese region (bands 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20, 40 and 41) as such a phone would support network signals from most of my Nigerian cell providers.

List of some selected countries and their supported network frequency bands

Nigeria
2G – GSM 900 and 1800
3G – UMTS 2100
4G – LTE bands 3, 7, 8, 20, 28, 40 and 42
5G – Nil

India
2G – GSM 900 and 1800
3G – UMTS 900 and 2100
4G – LTE bands 1, 3, 5, 8, 40 and 41
5G – Nil

USA
2G – GSM 850 and 1900
3G – UMTS 850, 1700, 1900 and 2100
4G – LTE bands 2, 4, 5, 12, 13, 14, 17, 25, 30, 41, 42, 46, 66 and 71
5G – Sub 6GHz (41 and 71) and mmWave (n260)

United Kingdom
2G – GSM 900 and 1800
3G – UMTS 900 and 2100
4G – LTE bands 1, 3, 7, 8, 20, 28, 32, 38 and 40
5G – Sub 6GHz (42 and 78)

China
2G – GSM 900 and 1800
3G – UMTS 2100
4G – LTE bands 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20, 40 and 41
5G – Sub 6GHz (78)

Conclusion
If you made it all the way to the end, congratulations. A big high five to you. So whenever you are going through the spec sheet for your next device, these spooky numbers won’t seem strange to you.

It is very important that you know the supported network frequency bands in your country and only buy a phone that can take advantage of them. This will save you a lot of headache in the long run.

https://inquisitiveuniverse.com/2021/12/21/the-importance-of-network-frequency-bands-on-smartphones/
Re: The Dangers Of Buying Phones Made For China, India And Europe by Kayconcept2(m): 9:44am On Mar 21, 2022
Great write up.
Re: The Dangers Of Buying Phones Made For China, India And Europe by Reyhzor(m): 12:34pm On Mar 21, 2022
[quote author=zacwale post=108750609]

He's talking about hardware not software, you can't change hardware with ROM.
Re: The Dangers Of Buying Phones Made For China, India And Europe by investigator007: 12:45pm On Mar 21, 2022
Nice write up, this is really good to know.
Re: The Dangers Of Buying Phones Made For China, India And Europe by investigator007: 12:46pm On Mar 21, 2022
Ambi23:
Why didn't i see this early ��
I used my money to buy india version of redmi note 10 pro. Now can't use my mtn on it� i wish i could swap it
see wahala now, if to sey na Tecno phone now you for kukuma just go carlcare go swap asap
Re: The Dangers Of Buying Phones Made For China, India And Europe by chariisGRACE(m): 1:59pm On Mar 21, 2022
Randerl:

Guy you have presented a very good piece of material.

Person wey buy gionee or chinko all in the name of London use will enter one chance of TDMA, CDMA or 2G only device.

I experienced it first hand with a Gionee F103 grin

1 Like

Re: The Dangers Of Buying Phones Made For China, India And Europe by chariisGRACE(m): 2:03pm On Mar 21, 2022
zacwale:

It has nothing to do with ROM, bro.

Signal is solely dependent on the modem embedded on the SoC of a phone - Hardware.
Re: The Dangers Of Buying Phones Made For China, India And Europe by PATAlolade(m): 6:20pm On Mar 21, 2022
Permission to post it on another platform. (I'll reference the source)
Re: The Dangers Of Buying Phones Made For China, India And Europe by Mohbola(f): 8:16pm On Mar 21, 2022
atheistandproud:

He can't
I wonder too. grin He shouldn't be able to

1 Like

Re: The Dangers Of Buying Phones Made For China, India And Europe by atheistandproud(m): 8:16pm On Mar 21, 2022
PATAlolade:
Permission to post it on another platform. (I'll reference the source)

Feel free.

Add link to blog. Thank you.
Re: The Dangers Of Buying Phones Made For China, India And Europe by MJBOLT: 8:47pm On Mar 21, 2022
guy,I need your help.
Do you Know what that circle in the middle is??

atheistandproud:

Feel free.

Add link to blog. Thank you.

Re: The Dangers Of Buying Phones Made For China, India And Europe by atheistandproud(m): 10:01pm On Mar 21, 2022
MJBOLT:
guy,I need your help.
Do you Know what that circle in the middle is??

Device?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Glo Gbam + / Resolve Your Mobile Phones, Tablets And Laptop Issues Here On Nairaland / Infinix S4 Does Not Have glo 4GLTE?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.