Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,084 members, 7,818,249 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:10 AM

The Dangers Of Buying Phones Made For China, India And Europe - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Dangers Of Buying Phones Made For China, India And Europe (4838 Views)

Is There Any Risk In Buying Phones From Jumia? / Where Are Samsung Phones Made? / Stop Buying Phones From Aliexpress, Gearbest, And Other Chinese Stores. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Dangers Of Buying Phones Made For China, India And Europe by PATAlolade(m): 10:12pm On Mar 21, 2022
atheistandproud:

Feel free.

Add link to blog. Thank you.

Okay, thanks
Re: The Dangers Of Buying Phones Made For China, India And Europe by enigma0: 10:56pm On Mar 21, 2022
MJBOLT:
guy,I need your help.
Do you Know what that circle in the middle is??

That's the "do not disturb" icon, your phone is o silent mode

1 Like

Re: The Dangers Of Buying Phones Made For China, India And Europe by chickenfoot: 8:31am On Mar 22, 2022
Nice read, very informative piece
Re: The Dangers Of Buying Phones Made For China, India And Europe by chickenfoot: 8:31am On Mar 22, 2022
MJBOLT:
guy,I need your help.
Do you Know what that circle in the middle is??

that's for "do not disturb'.
Re: The Dangers Of Buying Phones Made For China, India And Europe by jacy346(f): 12:54pm On Mar 22, 2022
Insightful,now i know the reason why mtn sim doesnt work in the phone my uncle in thailand senj. The phone dey house now useless
how much are you willing to sell it
Re: The Dangers Of Buying Phones Made For China, India And Europe by ConfirmBlog: 10:32am On Jun 22, 2022
d3cod3r:

If a phone can't get network in a particular area because the hardware to get the network isn't present on the phone, how do you plan on fixing that? You claimed you can unlock all phones, Bro that's a big lie. It's my field of work. There are hardlocked phones eg. Tracfone locked phones. Heck there are CDMA only phones too, they can't work in a gsm only country like Nigeria. Custom roms can only activate the bands if they are present in the hardware but disabled by the stock rom.

Hi bro, please do you think this phone will work well in Nigeria if the stock ROM is replaced with Global ROM.

Xiaomi Note 11E Chinese version,
it has the same Soc spec with the global version just reduced price and some 4g band removed

Re: The Dangers Of Buying Phones Made For China, India And Europe by atheistandproud(m): 1:46pm On Jun 22, 2022
ConfirmBlog:

Hi bro, please do you think this phone will work well in Nigeria if the stock ROM is replaced with Global ROM.

Xiaomi Note 11E Chinese version,
it has the same Soc spec with the global version just reduced price and some 4g band removed

There's band 3 (Glo/Airtel) but no band 20 (MTN).

MTN also sometimes uses band 7 but it is dependent on location. Same thing can be said about band 28 Glo.

Re: The Dangers Of Buying Phones Made For China, India And Europe by ConfirmBlog: 10:39pm On Jun 22, 2022
atheistandproud:

There's band 3 (Glo/Airtel) but no band 20 (MTN).

MTN also sometimes uses band 7 but it is dependent on location. Same thing can be said about band 28 Glo.

Thanks, like I should just get another device
Re: The Dangers Of Buying Phones Made For China, India And Europe by atheistandproud(m): 5:26am On Jun 23, 2022
ConfirmBlog:

Thanks, like I should just get another device

Yes. Preferably a Global variant.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Do I Stop Etisalat Opera Mini Bundle / Sites To Download Music Videos (simpledownload) / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.