Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:21 AM

Putin Warns Nato Of Military Response To Alliance Expansion - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Putin Warns Nato Of Military Response To Alliance Expansion (21110 Views)

Putin Warns NATO Of World War III / One Missile Into Russia, Hundreds Of Warheads In Return - Putin Warns / Russia Drills 700 Snipers Near Ukraine Border As Putin Warns NATO (Pix,video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Putin Warns Nato Of Military Response To Alliance Expansion by pansophist(m): 1:50am On Dec 22, 2021
Cloud007:
Russia remains unwilling and unable to accept that its former dominions are now independent countries, and to adapt as other former imperial powers have done, it will continue to fret, posture, and lash out to assert its former status. The tragedy is that Russia appears fully willing to send young soldiers to die for the sake of dreams of vanished empire.

Yet the unknown still scares the West and her friends. No one is ready to lead an assault confrontation with Russia. It won't be third world war but I will be quiet messy and costly.

Nevertheless, MAD will not suffice at any point the war took turns.

"there is no historical precedent to suggest that if Russia’s current demands are met, new ones will not follow.

The West is at a decision point whose effects will be long-term and far-reaching. Resolutely resisting Russian ultimatums – and providing Ukraine with all possible assistance in meeting the likely cost of doing so – is an investment in setting the limits of Russian power. As such, it would also be the first step in assisting Russia’s long-term future away from the path of conflict and confrontation."

Too much western propaganda.

Youre aware that NATO violated their agreement with Russia not to expand an inch eastward and integrate former soviet countries right?

And how is taking measures to safeguard territorial integrity and sovereign security by Russia be understood as aggression?

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Putin Warns Nato Of Military Response To Alliance Expansion by Panda7(m): 2:02am On Dec 22, 2021
US and Russia would never discuss anything better than war
Re: Putin Warns Nato Of Military Response To Alliance Expansion by Elonmuzk(m): 2:11am On Dec 22, 2021
Why is Russian scared of Ukraine joining NATO? I don't get it, Ukraine is a sovereign nation and has the right of association.

1 Like

Re: Putin Warns Nato Of Military Response To Alliance Expansion by Caboceer: 2:12am On Dec 22, 2021
mach7:
The big question is:

Why is NATO, a seemingly "defensive alliance" moving its military infrastructure i.e. missile systems, military bases, aircraft towards Russian borders?

Despite promises not to move an inch beyond the states already in NATO as at 1991 (after the collapse of the USSR), they reneged and absorbed Poland, the Baltics, Romania, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Hungary, the Balkans and now inching for Ukraine and Georgia. What did they expect the Russians to do?

Funny that the United States which is over a 1,000 miles away from Europe is the one beating the drums of confrontation knowing that the spillover of any conflict will not impact their land except if there is a nuclear exchange

I pity the Europeans, dem no get sense.

War in Europe will affect everyone adversely, including African countries. There would be shortages of food, essential items and finances worldwide almost immediately, whether or not nuclear weapons are deployed.

3 Likes

Re: Putin Warns Nato Of Military Response To Alliance Expansion by EMAXIM(m): 2:14am On Dec 22, 2021
MyVILLAGEpeople:

Ok Russia under Putin annexed Crimea from Ukraine and heaven no fall. Currently there are thousands of Russians troops on Ukrainian border and heaven no fall. You people must come to understand that Russia is a super power with deadly nuclear weapons and bombs.

Did you read, understand and digest the news at all? Because, you aren't saying anything pertaining to this particular news.

I will advise you re-read it and carefully.
Re: Putin Warns Nato Of Military Response To Alliance Expansion by Caboceer: 2:18am On Dec 22, 2021
Cloud007:
Russia remains unwilling and unable to accept that its former dominions are now independent countries, and to adapt as other former imperial powers have done, it will continue to fret, posture, and lash out to assert its former status. The tragedy is that Russia appears fully willing to send young soldiers to die for the sake of dreams of vanished empire.

Yet the unknown still scares the West and her friends. No one is ready to lead an assault confrontation with Russia. It won't be third world war but I will be quiet messy and costly.

Nevertheless, MAD will not suffice at any point the war took turns.

"there is no historical precedent to suggest that if Russia’s current demands are met, new ones will not follow.

The West is at a decision point whose effects will be long-term and far-reaching. Resolutely resisting Russian ultimatums – and providing Ukraine with all possible assistance in meeting the likely cost of doing so – is an investment in setting the limits of Russian power. As such, it would also be the first step in assisting Russia’s long-term future away from the path of conflict and confrontation."

It's Putin dreaming of the soviet-era Russia, the Russia of old

That dream.might eventual cost the entire world a lot of blood and suffering if he's allowed to continue this way

1 Like

Re: Putin Warns Nato Of Military Response To Alliance Expansion by generalwo(m): 2:57am On Dec 22, 2021
Kelechi009:

Let's not get this twisted Russia will clear out Ukraine and the NATOs if push comes to shove. Do you think USA will risk all their soldiers the way they did in IRAQ? USA are tired of fighting other people's battles already.

Left to me, Ukraine should just negotiate peacefully.
.. Negotiate slavery peacefully? I wouldn't do that if I were in that position.....

1 Like

Re: Putin Warns Nato Of Military Response To Alliance Expansion by generalwo(m): 2:59am On Dec 22, 2021
Guyman02:

Your reasoning on this issue is just too shallow, somebody mentioned earlier that any direct conflict between Russia and NATO will lead MAD, get the meaning MAD before you argue ignorantly further
.... You don't have to sound stupid to drive him your point sha.. It's my opinion and I am entitled to it.... It's an insult to say my reasoning is shallow because it doesn't conform to your school of thoughts. Infact ogun kee u

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Putin Warns Nato Of Military Response To Alliance Expansion by Gospel2Day: 3:00am On Dec 22, 2021
MangekyoAlt:

Going to war with NATO is suicide for who exactly? If you mean for Russia and not for Russia + NATO, then you're clear a dumb nigga.

Russia currently possesses more nuclear weapons than the entire NATO combined!
Russia could nuke the entire EU, NATO & the United States and nothing will happen. If anything would happen then MAD is assured.

You pro west black Africans like to joke with what you don't know. You think russia is China that talk without acting? Lmfao wait make that ultimatum end in the next 20 days. If a negotiation is not reached BTW Russia & US, expect a FULL SCALE Invation on Ukraine.

Russia death with them before, also death with the US-Nato backed Georgia. Nothing happen. Na from inside your cave inside zamfara you go for wail and cry unbelievable

Stop drumming for war. If Russia attacks a NATO member state, the combined military might of US, UK, Canada, Europe, Australia, etc will bring terrible reprisals that Russia will take decades to recover from. Read the article again. Putin is AFRAID of what hypersonic missiles fired from Ukraine will do to Moscow as they will take about 10 minutes to reach Moscow.
War is NOT a picnic. Both warring sides will suffer devastating consequences. They both will lose millions of citizens and destructions of infrastructures.
I believe you know what MAD means - Mutual Assured Destruction. Both parties will wish they never fought each other.
Let's encourage peace among world powers. Their wars will even affect neutral nations.
Jesus is the ONLY WAY to Eternal Rest and Bliss.
Shalom.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Putin Warns Nato Of Military Response To Alliance Expansion by generalwo(m): 3:00am On Dec 22, 2021
franksam2009:
bro it will be a disaster for all sides, most European countries will not survive it,, trust me NATO will not push Russia to the extent of starting a war, they are avoiding Russia like plague, the highest they can do is sanction the Russians
..... The feeling is mutual bro... Both of em are scared of each other but my point is this... If Russia becomes unreasonable and decides to nuke Ukraine or any other nato country, do u think it will not be retaliated??

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Putin Warns Nato Of Military Response To Alliance Expansion by generalwo(m): 3:02am On Dec 22, 2021
MangekyoAlt:

Read my first statement before you insult me. That guy said it woould be a suicide for russia to fight NATO. Re-read, you'll notice where I said it would instead be "Russia + NATO" since they both have the capabilities to destroy each other.

Russia could nuke Poland, and other EU countries without nuclear weapons and go conventional with USA, France etc and other with nuclear weapons.

That is why I said, if anything would happen, then MAD is assured
.... Let's pray it doesn't happen bro..... Nuclear weapons is no joke and to think that these guys have very powerful nuclear weapons just waiting to be deployed is scary...
Re: Putin Warns Nato Of Military Response To Alliance Expansion by chaloskyx: 3:06am On Dec 22, 2021
US, NATO & RUSSIA ARE ALL COWARDS NON OF THEM HAVE THE GUTS TO FIRE JUST EVEN A BULLET IF IT WAS IRAN OR ONE MIDDLE EAST OR AFRICAN COUNTRY THEY WILL HAVE WAGED WAR SINCE THEY KNOW THERE WOULD BE NO SEVERE RETALIATION BUT YOU SEE THE WEST ALL THEY USE THESE WEAPONS FOR IS TO DETER AGRESSION AGAINST THE OPPOSITION NOTHING MORE
Re: Putin Warns Nato Of Military Response To Alliance Expansion by ipobarethieves: 3:18am On Dec 22, 2021
shocked sad grin grin grin cheesy grin good ur supporters don see light dat u are simply EMPTY UPSTAIRS and dem dash U 4 likes so dat U won’t cry grin wink.End time Witch sad
Righteousness2:
It is amazingly Joyful to be alive to witness Endtimes Prophecies from the Holy Bible being Fulfilled to the letter.

If u think this World is going to get better or if you think there is going to be World Peace, you are guaranteed to be Disappointed big time. The World is Heading my Fericiously towards Armageddon.

The Holy Bible tells us that Very soon, there will appear on the World stage, an individual known as the man of lawlessness.

He will make false promises of World harmony and hope. He will lure the world into believing in him and even worship him as their messiah. But he will end up abusing humanity Like has never been before.

If you do not know JESUS or have a Genuie relationship with HIM, I Implore you to do so today as we can Clearly see that the Return of JESUS Christ is sooooooo Close.

1 Like

Re: Putin Warns Nato Of Military Response To Alliance Expansion by ladkud(m): 3:24am On Dec 22, 2021
Ryda:
If Russia wants to dance let them go ahead. There are countries ready to beat the drum of war for them.
They threatened Ukraine, US offered to support with its military. Why the hell is he (Putin) complaining
What is the essence of all this threats of war and nuclear brouhaha sef angry

You try to understand the politics behind this warmongering from Russia. All countries which is in Russia border e.g Romania, Poland, Bulgaria e.t.c are NATO member states and have US missiles stationed. This means the only country which remains for Russia to be technically surrounded by NATO/USA is Ukraine. Now take for instance, if Russia is to station missiles in Cuba or Mexico USA would have invaded Cuba before Russia reach Cuba doorstep. It has before during cold war era. It is only small countries will accept bully not County like Russia. NATO/Russia war will costly and deadly for both sides, USA knows that too

3 Likes

Re: Putin Warns Nato Of Military Response To Alliance Expansion by udemzyudex(m): 3:25am On Dec 22, 2021
Oga go ahead grin
Re: Putin Warns Nato Of Military Response To Alliance Expansion by udemzyudex(m): 3:29am On Dec 22, 2021
tempest01:
Russia will attack Ukraine and nothing will happen. The only response will be sanctions by the US, of which China will not recognize.

If Nato responds militarily, then world war 3 will begin and civilizations will be degraded.

Africa should be wise and not join in aggressions.

So what are they waiting for naa, all this issuing of threat no tire you too?

China do pass this ones abeg,they all know what's at stake, this is not Russia vs Togo or one small country in Africa.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Putin Warns Nato Of Military Response To Alliance Expansion by udemzyudex(m): 3:30am On Dec 22, 2021
DemMannaScam:
They hit Ukraine 7 years ago, they seized Crimea from Ukraine. Crimea is now fully part of Russia.
That attack paved the way for Russia to control major eastern Ukranian cities via proxy
They hit Ukraine so bad that SCAMerica & its allies were confused. Dem no fit do shit.

NATO cried and kept quiet...

Power has moved to the east. A Sino-Russian alliance has changed the game tongue

The "all mighty" american armed forces are no longer what they used to be. That woke military is now more concerned about promoting lgbt causes tongue

History will only repeat itself if we fail to learn from it.

1 Like

Re: Putin Warns Nato Of Military Response To Alliance Expansion by udemzyudex(m): 3:35am On Dec 22, 2021
Kelechi009:

Let's not get this twisted Russia will clear out Ukraine and the NATOs if push comes to shove. Do you think USA will risk all their soldiers the way they did in IRAQ? USA are tired of fighting other people's battles already.

Left to me, Ukraine should just negotiate peacefully.

USA makes money in war, if this will benefit them, trust me they will fight other people war.
Re: Putin Warns Nato Of Military Response To Alliance Expansion by noisy45(m): 3:59am On Dec 22, 2021
MangekyoAlt:

They will hit Ukraine and na for Naija here you go wail! They have hit Ukraine before, annexed Crimea. They have dealt with Georgia before. Wetin NATO do? Sanctions.
Meanwhile, they have also made it known that they're too scared of Russia and wouldn't send their disabled, untrained troops to go help defend Ukraine. Even Britain that started talking tough when the tension first started have ruled out sending their disabled troops to Ukraine. Las Las it is sanctions.
Meanwhile, in the case of sanctions, The winner would be China. After the war, Russia would have no other place else to turn for an economic, political and strategic partner. And the US interests are not served by the CEMENTING alliance between Beijing and Moscow.

No mind them they don't know anything about the sleeping bear of Russia. America and other European countries formed NATO because of the fear of Russia and they think USA and Europe doesn't fear Russia. grin The fear of Russia is the beginning of wisdom.

1 Like

Re: Putin Warns Nato Of Military Response To Alliance Expansion by Flytime: 4:02am On Dec 22, 2021
tempest01:
Russia will attack Ukraine and nothing will happen. The only response will be sanctions by the US, of which China will not recognize.

If Nato responds militarily, then world war 3 will begin and civilizations will be degraded.

Africa should be wise and not join in aggressions.
aswr
Russia isn't like China that would make noise and do nothing
China has been shouting they would Invade Taiwan no matter what for years now ,up till now nothing
All they've been doing is sending military aircrafts over their air field threatening expansion of its land and sea borders which the us has responded to with the UK Australia and france and since then we've heard nothing from China except condemn the alliance

Russian and the other hand has done military drills in just months,deployed 100,000 troops capable enough to topple the Nigerian government in less than a month
Positioned ballistic missiles and other sophisticated weapons in preparation for an Invasion in which NATO which consists of respected countries is against but still they don't care, they are prepared and for those saying that NATO would end Russia, they've got no idea how war works
Alliances of convenience would be formed and I'm pretty sure China,north Korea,and other Asian and south American countries that doesn't like the us and allies would Jon the war against them directly or indirectly at a stage
I mean didn't just Germany take over most of Europe during the second world war with it's only major alliance being Italy which was useless through out the war to the extent that Germany invaded and occupied them at a stage now Imagine if Italy wasn't a useless ally

1 Like

Re: Putin Warns Nato Of Military Response To Alliance Expansion by noisy45(m): 4:05am On Dec 22, 2021
jeffoe:
Their is no country on earth that can defeat Russia in any kind of war fare Hitler tried and regretted it. The country land mass is too large plus it weather condition. Russia would capture Ukraine in less than 2 days NATO would only respond with sanction nothing else. Without Nuke no country in Europe even USA could defeat Russia. the main reason why NATO was formed was to counter Russia . NATO in ukraine is similar with Russia nuke present in Mexico.

Napoleon tried it too and regretted it.

1 Like

Re: Putin Warns Nato Of Military Response To Alliance Expansion by sunboy(m): 4:20am On Dec 22, 2021
rentAcock:
The paper tiger strikes again. Russia has been irrelevant since the 1970s. Putin thinks he can bring back the old Soviet Union of its glory days, that ship sailed a long time ago. If NATO were to descend on Russia, they will be wiped off the face of the earth, but of course it will be a pyrrhic victory nobody wants.

Calm down sir. If Russia decide to invade Ukraine nothing would happen. The highest NATO Allies would do is more sanctions. Eventually Ukraine and it’s people will bear the most of the issue.

NATO responding militarily will turn a world war(no need for this since Ukraine is not even admitted into the alliance yet) , so who really want to start a world war with a nuclear armed nation because they are trying to help Ukraine?

I’m sure the US is not interested in a military confrontation because of Ukraine, plenty issues here in the homeland to deal with than to invest in a war with a nuclear armed country like Russia.

I’m definitely hoping no war break out, and they can all agree at a win win situation though.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Putin Warns Nato Of Military Response To Alliance Expansion by mutvy: 4:24am On Dec 22, 2021
Most people on the first page are just typing rubbish. They do not understand the genesis of the event. Once the issue is against USA or any Western countries, they support the West. Slave mentality.

5 Likes

Re: Putin Warns Nato Of Military Response To Alliance Expansion by sunboy(m): 4:26am On Dec 22, 2021
udemzyudex:

USA makes money in war, if this will benefit them, trust me they will fight other people war.

Yes War = Money, but not a direct confrontation with a nuclear armed nation like Russia wake up!

All the countries that are permanent members of the security council should not be messed it. They don’t confront each other militarily unless their homeland is attacked.

1 Like

Re: Putin Warns Nato Of Military Response To Alliance Expansion by mfm04622: 4:53am On Dec 22, 2021
Hashabiah:
Death to all Capitalist pigs !!!

Who is not a capitalist pig?

1 Like

Re: Putin Warns Nato Of Military Response To Alliance Expansion by Upworkwriter007(f): 5:08am On Dec 22, 2021
Bonesbreaker:
all of them are making noise till we see action imagine Russia going to War with Nato nobi suicide be that all this noise making should just stop this year oh if u want fight, fight or shut up oh!
Russia has enough nuclear weapons to destroy the world four times over.
Re: Putin Warns Nato Of Military Response To Alliance Expansion by EdwardRandy(m): 5:31am On Dec 22, 2021
generalwo:
.... You don't have to sound stupid to drive him your point sha.. It's my opinion and I am entitled to it.... It's an insult to say my reasoning is shallow because it doesn't conform to your school of thoughts. Infact ogun kee u
cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Putin Warns Nato Of Military Response To Alliance Expansion by emae009(m): 5:54am On Dec 22, 2021
Thread of full of people that don't even know what they are saying.

NATO already have Russia where they want them, backed into a corner, without any real chance of expansion. The idea behind NATO creation is being fulfilled.

I'm seeing a lot of Georgia confrontation with Russia as a case for Russia bravado. You guys really need to read. Georgia wasn't a NATO state to being with so how did you expect NATO to come fight Georgia's war? you guys should make it make sense na.

Oh! the funniest one is MAD and how Russia has nukes to destroy the whole word. You guys should really read, most of the nuclear stockpile in the world are in cold storage meaning it will take resources to activate them. The question you all should answer first before jumping on nuclear way is whether Russia has the resources necessary to activate those stockpile faster than their Western counterpart.

Finally, this is a prediction. They will be no war whatsoever. Concessions will be make by both sides and Ukraine will be allowed to join NATO bringing an end to Russian aggressions against former Soviet states.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Putin Warns Nato Of Military Response To Alliance Expansion by JustforMen: 5:55am On Dec 22, 2021
DemMannaScam:
They hit Ukraine 7 years ago, they seized Crimea from Ukraine. Crimea is now fully part of Russia.
That attack paved the way for Russia to control major eastern Ukranian cities via proxy
They hit Ukraine so bad that SCAMerica & its allies were confused. Dem no fit do shit.

NATO cried and kept quiet...

Power has moved to the east. A Sino-Russian alliance has changed the game tongue

The "all mighty" american armed forces are no longer what they used to be. That woke military is now more concerned about promoting lgbt causes tongue

Very true!
Re: Putin Warns Nato Of Military Response To Alliance Expansion by blackgold2018(m): 6:05am On Dec 22, 2021
MangekyoAlt:

Going to war with NATO is suicide for who exactly? If you mean for Russia and not for Russia + NATO, then you're clear a dumb nigga.

Russia currently possesses more nuclear weapons than the entire NATO combined!
Russia could nuke the entire EU, NATO & the United States and nothing will happen. If anything would happen then MAD is assured.

You pro west black Africans like to joke with what you don't know. You think russia is China that talk without acting? Lmfao wait make that ultimatum end in the next 20 days. If a negotiation is not reached BTW Russia & US, expect a FULL SCALE Invation on Ukraine.

Russia death with them before, also death with the US-Nato backed Georgia. Nothing happen. Na from inside your cave inside zamfara you go for wail and cry unbelievable
russia could nuke US and entire NATO and nothing will happen?
Look little boy I’m a very big fan of Putin
They can go one on one with US but not the Allies included. Stop over reacting.
And stop pretending you are informed

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Serbia Explains Refusal To Join Russia Sanctions / U.S. Officials Suspect That Russian Hackers Broke Into Federal Agencies / Curfew Announced In Kyiv As Russian Shelling Continues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.