Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,489 members, 7,830,464 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:49 PM

Who Do You Suggest Can Help? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Do You Suggest Can Help? (391 Views)

Can Someone Suggest The Best Gin For Prayer / Please Suggest A Church For Me / The Simulation Theory May Suggest That God Exists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Do You Suggest Can Help? by Nobody: 5:19am On Dec 22, 2021
Hi there

The number of people who keep showing up at my gate to beg is becoming alarming

And they all have the same storyline: looking for work, no food, etc

And when I ask them whether they've tried their local church (they're Christians), their response isn't encouraging

Aren't there interdenominational organizations that help in supporting the needy in our society?

And by supporting, I mean like giving them some sort of gainful employment beyond just "dashing" them rice for the cameras?

What do you think?

@Corrections
@OLAADEGBU
@servantofGod22
@jiggaz
@State001
@RussellRutherfo
@BornofGod108
@elated177
Re: Who Do You Suggest Can Help? by Dukio: 6:55am On Dec 22, 2021
Providing job should be the topmost priority.

If one has job, then feeding is 80% guaranteed....think about that wink

1 Like

Re: Who Do You Suggest Can Help? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:24am On Dec 22, 2021
alignacademy:
Hi there
And when I ask them whether they've tried their local church (they're Christians), their response isn't encouraging
Aren't there interdenominational organizations that help in supporting the needy in our society?
And by supporting, I mean like giving them some sort of gainful employment beyond just "dashing" them rice for the cameras?
What do you think?
@Corrections
@OLAADEGBU
@servantofGod22
@jiggaz
@State001
@RussellRutherfo
@BornofGod108
@elated177

Please the highlighted is blasphemy against the true God!
This are the utterances found in the words of the true God:

The LORD is my shepherd, I lack nothing. Psalms 23:1

Fear the LORD, you his holy people, for those who fear him lack nothing.Psalms 34:9

I was young and now I am old, yet I have never seen the righteous forsaken or their children begging bread.Psalms 37:25

For the LORD God is a sun and shield; the LORD bestows favor and honor; no good thing does he withhold from those whose walk is blameless.Psalms 84:11

So do you think those coming to your house and begging for food are worshipers of this same God?
Please leave the parable of Lazarus and the rich man out of this because Jesus wasn't telling a story there but a PARABLE! undecided
Re: Who Do You Suggest Can Help? by elated177: 9:13am On Dec 22, 2021
alignacademy:
Hi there

What do you think?

@Corrections
@OLAADEGBU
@servantofGod22
@jiggaz
@State001
@RussellRutherfo
@BornofGod108
@elated177

Offer them help in anyway that you can.

If you can't give them food or buy them food, you can give them money, if you have it, so they can buy the food themselves. This is the least that anyone can do for his or her fellow human being.

Don't do it for the camera or announce it from the roof, not even here, on nairaland, unless, of course, you want praises from humans.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Do You Suggest Can Help? by AntiChristian: 10:10am On Dec 22, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Fear the LORD, you his holy people, for those who fear him lack nothing. Psalms 34:9

I was young and now I am old, yet I have never seen the righteous forsaken or their children begging bread.Psalms 37:25

For the LORD God is a sun and shield; the LORD bestows favor and honor; no good thing does he withhold from those whose walk is blameless. Psalms 84:11

So do you think those coming to your house and begging for food are worshipers of this same God?
Please leave the parable of Lazarus and the rich man out of this because Jesus wasn't telling a story there but a PARABLE! undecided

Which kind statement is this? So Christians can't be poor and be begging again?
If you are getting money from Watchtower New York does that mean everyone is getting same?
And moreover why do your preachers ask for something after preaching?
Re: Who Do You Suggest Can Help? by Nobody: 10:13am On Dec 22, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Confusion galore

1 Like

Re: Who Do You Suggest Can Help? by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:22am On Dec 22, 2021
alignacademy:
Hi there

What do you think?

@OLAADEGBU

If you are unable to help them then send them to the nearest Deeper Life Bible Church so that they can be connected either physically or virtually to the worldwide crusade going on at Deeper Life International Conference Centre, Km 42 Lagos-Ibadan expressway where they will be blessed.

Re: Who Do You Suggest Can Help? by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:53am On Dec 22, 2021
PastorM:

Confusion galore

Thank you for editing the comments and removing God's word without saying anything about it! Proverbs 28:9
Re: Who Do You Suggest Can Help? by Ayo081(m): 11:26am On Dec 22, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Fear the LORD, you his holy people, for those who fear him lack nothing.Psalms 34:9

For the LORD God is a sun and shield; the LORD bestows favor and honor; no good thing does he withhold from those whose walk is blameless.Psalms 84:11

1 What did you then make of the parable of Lazarus and the Rich Man?

2 Deuteronomy 15:1-11?
Re: Who Do You Suggest Can Help? by Ayo081(m): 11:32am On Dec 22, 2021
OP first things first, I will want to know if you're a Christian?

If so, if you trace back to how God wants us to help the needy, you will observe that it is not about the Church but the individual. Even though it is a good thing that the Church will come collectively to help the poor amongst them. It is still a matter of Individual.

Thus God and Jesus Christ is interested in dealing with us as individuals and not the Church.

If you could help them, help and your reward is in heaven.

Matthew 25:31-46
Re: Who Do You Suggest Can Help? by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:58am On Dec 22, 2021
Ayo081:

1 What did you then make of the parable of Lazarus and the Rich Man?
Lazarus connotes the common Jews who have little or no knowledge of the scriptures so it's whatever their religious leaders (rich man) got to say them that they're yearning for.
Everything changed when Jesus arrived the religious leaders found themselves in torment as Jesus keep condemning their acts and taking good care of the common Jews whom the religious leaders view as nothing!

Ayo081:

2 Deuteronomy 15:1-11?
God's law teaches His WORSHIPERS to take good care of their fellow worshipers so that none of them will be seen loitering around as paupers.
In this case different sects claiming Christians are out there with contradicting teachings and conflicting doctrines so they're not for the same God just as Jesus told his listeners that only those having the same line of thought as he does are his BROTHERS in the faith (not all Jews) Matthew 12:46-50
Re: Who Do You Suggest Can Help? by Ayo081(m): 12:15pm On Dec 22, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Christians are out there with contradicting teachings and conflicting doctrines so they're not for the same God just as Jesus told his listeners that only those having the same line of thought as he does are his BROTHERS in the faith (not all Jews) Matthew 12:46-50

∆∆∆ The above isn't necessary as a reply.

Even in your sect, are there poor and needy people? Yes or No undecided

1 Like

Re: Who Do You Suggest Can Help? by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:56pm On Dec 22, 2021
Ayo081:

∆∆∆ The above isn't necessary as a reply.
Even in your sect, are there poor and needy people? Yes or No undecided

We mustn't allow such ones to go begging in the streets or houses of pagans because that is an insult to our God! Deuteronomy 15:7

1 Like

Re: Who Do You Suggest Can Help? by Nobody: 1:30pm On Dec 22, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

We mustn't allow such ones to go begging in the streets or houses of pagans because that is an insult to our God! Deuteronomy 15:7

That's the point!

Before I go on, thanks to everyone who has contributed so far to this discussion.

Of course, nothing stops individuals from doing what they can.

But for this ugly situation to become this frequent suggests the need for a lasting solution by the Body of Christ.

I don't think it's something to be treated as individuals but together as a team

Thanks!

1 Like

Re: Who Do You Suggest Can Help? by Nobody: 1:32pm On Dec 22, 2021
Dukio:
Providing job should be the topmost priority.

If one has job, then feeding is 80% guaranteed....think about that wink

Verily
Re: Who Do You Suggest Can Help? by achorladey: 1:41pm On Dec 22, 2021
alignacademy:
Hi there

What do you think?

@Corrections
@OLAADEGBU
@servantofGod22
@jiggaz
@State001
@RussellRutherfo
@BornofGod108
@elated177

James 1:27 Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

Matthew 6: 3,4 But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, 4 so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

Carry the load you are capable of carrying. You are not the only one carrying such a load. Others too will do their own part one way or the other.

That the response you got from those people will not be encouraging regarding their religious denomination is a known fact. Those religious denominations too are doing their own part just like you. The conditions prevailing as a result of Corona virus is not encouraging grin grin you should understand the plight of people grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Do You Suggest Can Help? by achorladey: 2:03pm On Dec 22, 2021
alignacademy:

That's the point!

Before I go on, thanks to everyone who has contributed so far to this discussion.

But for this ugly situation to become this frequent suggests the need for a lasting solution by the Body of Christ.

I don't think it's something to be treated as individuals but together as a team

Thanks!

Reality already should have made you aware that most of these religious organization and their denominations are charity organisations and are to some extent working collectively already to do these things that you think and feel are not done.

Dwell on the following scriptures and face reality grin grin grin

Matthew 26: 10 Aware of this, Jesus said to them, “Why are you bothering this woman? She has done a beautiful thing to me. 11 The poor you will always have with you, but you will not always have me.

Deuteronomy 15: 4 However, there should be no poor among you, for in the land the LORD your God is giving you to possess as your inheritance, he will richly bless you,

Deuteronomy 15: 6 For the LORD your God will bless you as he has promised, and you will lend to many nations but will borrow from none. You will rule over many nations but none will rule over you. 7 If there is a poor man among your brothers in any of the towns of the land that the LORD your God is giving you, do not be hardhearted or tightfisted toward your poor brother.
8. Rather be openhanded and freely lend him whatever he needs.

Deuteronomy 15: 11 There will always be poor people in the land. Therefore I command you to be openhanded toward your brothers and toward the poor and needy in your land.
Re: Who Do You Suggest Can Help? by Ayo081(m): 2:59pm On Dec 22, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

You should have stated this earlier. Your very first post was written in such a way one would think there're are no poor Christians. undecided

Thankfully, I think the OP is a Christian so no they didn't go meet a pagan or so undecided

1 Like

Re: Who Do You Suggest Can Help? by Ayo081(m): 3:04pm On Dec 22, 2021
alignacademy:

That's the point!

Thanks!

It could, for example: you can help them find jobs, help write CVs/resumes, employ and give recommendations if can. Train them if possible. Starting with an individual is fine and do as much as God as given you the Grace to.

The Church primarily is not in the place of creating jobs I think.

2 Likes

Re: Who Do You Suggest Can Help? by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:53pm On Dec 22, 2021
alignacademy:

That's the point!

Thanks!

The truth is not all those claiming believers are true believers!

True believers have a system where members are taken care of so that you won't have to come to a public forum like Nairaland where all sorts of people will read your story about how your fellow believers come begging for food in your house! Matthew 6:1-4

Well those people coming to your house are not true Christians!

In true Christianity (Jehovah's Witnesses) we have a solid arrangement to make sure that less privileged ones in our midst are cared for {James 1:27} that's why you can never find a JW begging for food {Psalms 37:25} instead you will always find us working hard for our sustenance! 2Thessalonians 3:10

It's an insult upon our God for any of His true worshipers to go out begging strangers for food! Psalms 23:1

May you have PEACE! smiley
Re: Who Do You Suggest Can Help? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:03pm On Dec 22, 2021
Ayo081:

You should have stated this earlier. Your very first post was written in such a way one would think there're are no poor Christians. undecided

Thankfully, I think the OP is a Christian so no they didn't go meet a pagan or so undecided

NO! If they are truly Christians, those taking the lead amongst them will see to the needs of members!
For instance, during the lockdown something strange happened and i was so ashamed of myself. WHY?
Wealthy brothers (JWs) in countries like the US and Switzerland sent relief materials down as palliatives to African countries in order to take care of their brothers in the faith during the lockdown.
I never knew about this arrangement because i'm not yet one of the elders so foodstuffs were brought to my house and i was like "what is this?" then the brothers sharing it told me it's palliatives for our brothers.
I asked them how can i also support this arrangement because by His grace i had enough so they told me that when the need arises brothers like me will be called but for now this is the initiative of our brothers in advanced countries! undecided

Now tell me, do you think any serious member of such a group can be a beggar? embarassed
Re: Who Do You Suggest Can Help? by Ayo081(m): 4:35pm On Dec 22, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

NO! If they are truly Christians, those taking the lead amongst them will see to the needs of members!
For instance, during the lockdown something strange happened and i was so ashamed of myself. WHY?
Wealthy brothers (JWs) in countries like the US and Switzerland sent relief materials down as palliatives to African countries in order to take care of their brothers in the faith during the lockdown.
I never knew about this arrangement because i'm not yet one of the elders so foodstuffs were brought to my house and i was like "what is this?" then the brothers sharing it told me it's palliatives for our brothers.
I asked them how can i also support this arrangement because by His grace i had enough so they told me that when the need arises brothers like me will be called but for now this is the initiative of our brothers in advanced countries! undecided

Now tell me, do you think any serious member of such a group can be a beggar? embarassed

No, they wouldn't be a beggar provided the Church meets their needs at that particular time. That doesn't exempt them from the needy group.
Re: Who Do You Suggest Can Help? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:40pm On Dec 22, 2021
Ayo081:

No, they wouldn't be a beggar provided the Church meets their needs at that particular time. That doesn't exempt them from the needy group.

When God's word says the GOOD SHEPHERD will see that His sheep will not beg for bread it's not that all of them will be billionaires, but He will use His Active Force (Holy Spirit) to sting the well to do among them so that the less privileged will not regret being worshipers of the true God! James 1:27

Please if you find anyone begging in your streets know today that such ones are not worshipers of my own God! Psalms 37:25 smiley
Re: Who Do You Suggest Can Help? by Nobody: 4:54pm On Dec 22, 2021
Ayo081:

It could, for example: you can help them find jobs, help write CVs/resumes, employ and give recommendations if can. Train them if possible. Starting with an individual is fine and do as much as God as given you the Grace to.

The Church primarily is not in the place of creating jobs I think.

Thanks for your input

1 Like

Re: Who Do You Suggest Can Help? by Nobody: 4:55pm On Dec 22, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

The truth is not all those claiming believers are true believers!

True believers have a system where members are taken care of so that you won't have to come to a public forum like Nairaland where all sorts of people will read your story about how your fellow believers come begging for food in your house! Matthew 6:1-4

Well those people coming to your house are not true Christians!

In true Christianity (Jehovah's Witnesses) we have a solid arrangement to make sure that less privileged ones in our midst are cared for {James 1:27} that's why you can never find a JW begging for food {Psalms 37:25} instead you will always find us working hard for our sustenance! 2Thessalonians 3:10

It's an insult upon our God for any of His true worshipers to go out begging strangers for food! Psalms 23:1

May you have PEACE! smiley

Thanks for your input
Re: Who Do You Suggest Can Help? by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:12pm On Dec 22, 2021
alignacademy:

Thanks for your input
You've welcome Sir! smiley
Re: Who Do You Suggest Can Help? by elated177: 11:02pm On Dec 22, 2021
I am not a Christian. We, the saints, servants and messengers of YHVH Almighty, the Creator of heaven and earth, have been admonished to do good to all, irrespective of race, tribe, ethnicity, religion or language. That is who we are. We do not do it and announce it to the whole world.

(1) (Reply)

What Gift Of The Holy Spirit Do You Desire And Why? / The First Supernatural Being Ever Photographed / Pls Help Its Life And Death, Im Too Young

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.