Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,281 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:07 AM

A Nairalander Aviation Journey So Far.. - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / A Nairalander Aviation Journey So Far.. (12125 Views)

Digital Marketing (My Journey So Far) / From N10,000 Salary To Millionaire Pay: My Grace Filled Career Journey So Far. / Aviation Workers Protest Airport Concession - Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Nairalander Aviation Journey So Far.. by illicit(m): 3:25pm On Dec 22, 2021
U are doing well
Re: A Nairalander Aviation Journey So Far.. by Ayo081(m): 3:38pm On Dec 22, 2021
Elidrisy20:
If person go do this aviation stuff na where him go work for Naija

Ladipo Oshodi undecided

3 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Aviation Journey So Far.. by Alfredbodmax: 3:39pm On Dec 22, 2021
Nkitara:
You dey board plane and you no get money for original eye lens grin grin
Eleriibuu
Re: A Nairalander Aviation Journey So Far.. by Jakumo(m): 3:44pm On Dec 22, 2021
whippersnapper:
Na everything mod go push reach FP. Nairaland has lost its glory. How is this newsworthy.anyways the aviation sector has been a cash cow.agencies like NAMA and FAAN. congrats

Face your Okada riding business and stop being jealous of a guy who wants to share his love of aviation.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Aviation Journey So Far.. by Fernandeswagger(m): 3:49pm On Dec 22, 2021
Mide3367:
This is me. I started the journey to be a licensed Aircraft Maintenance engineer in August 2021 at Nigerian college of aviation technology zaria and the journey has been awesome indeed.. I am just to grateful to God almighty for grace..

Nice one...wish you all the best.

What type of engine were you looking at in your 3rd and 4th pictures? Is it a gas turbine or a reciprocating engine?

What sort of aircraft do you use for your practicals?
Re: A Nairalander Aviation Journey So Far.. by FATYTOY: 3:52pm On Dec 22, 2021
Nkitara:
petty comment
Re: A Nairalander Aviation Journey So Far.. by luizpippo(m): 3:55pm On Dec 22, 2021
Congrats.

Been shuttling NCAT for a while now due to that NAVTECH radar installed on the airstrip.

The background of this has always been mechanical engineering, tried Maritime academy before going to a higher Institution but didn't make it embarassed

Aircraft engine, I no see repair.
Ship engine, I no see repair
I kuku go dey repair Diesel generators na cheesy while still doing my masters in Transportation engineering under Civil Engineering.

I should say, I am happy for your

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Aviation Journey So Far.. by Nyanabo(m): 3:58pm On Dec 22, 2021
You didn't tell us how you started the journey Mide, At least other would learn how you went about it. Congratulations man.
Re: A Nairalander Aviation Journey So Far.. by NoFucksToGive: 4:03pm On Dec 22, 2021
whippersnapper:
Na everything mod go push reach FP. Nairaland has lost its glory. How is this newsworthy.anyways the aviation sector has been a cash cow.agencies like NAMA and FAAN. congrats

Honestly nairaland is dead
Re: A Nairalander Aviation Journey So Far.. by Elidrisy20: 4:05pm On Dec 22, 2021
post=108724052:

Mindset of someone who has nothing to offer himself,
Not to talk of other people.
If you carry dis kind mindset enter 2022 ehn......
as we dey enter 2022, I go change my mindset, na chioma I dey marry, with my Npower stipend

3 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Aviation Journey So Far.. by ImoleNaija: 4:06pm On Dec 22, 2021
Nyanabo:
You didn't tell us how you started the journey Mide, At least other would learn how you went about it. Congratulations man.

He once created a post on this. Check his previous posts.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Aviation Journey So Far.. by sematec(m): 4:18pm On Dec 22, 2021
This is nice
but hope i dont pay for flight sha : cool cool
Re: A Nairalander Aviation Journey So Far.. by Nyanabo(m): 4:21pm On Dec 22, 2021
ImoleNaija:

He once created a post on this. Check his previous posts.

There is nothing on that thread bro, it empty. Like only one page.
Re: A Nairalander Aviation Journey So Far.. by Collins4u1(m): 4:22pm On Dec 22, 2021
Op what's the cost implications of obtaining such license?
Re: A Nairalander Aviation Journey So Far.. by Akalia(m): 4:26pm On Dec 22, 2021
Collins4u1:
Op what's the cost implications of obtaining such license?

Aviation courses are usually very expensive at NCAT. I remeber back in 2012 when I wanted to enroll for PPL at NCAT, I was billed 7.5 million.
Re: A Nairalander Aviation Journey So Far.. by oluwaniyi66(m): 4:32pm On Dec 22, 2021
Mide3367:
Flew home for Christmas break smiley from Abuja Airport yesterday on board green African airline

Please, how did you obtain the admission form? How much is the course and course duration?
Re: A Nairalander Aviation Journey So Far.. by flexyrule(m): 4:33pm On Dec 22, 2021
luizpippo:
Congrats.

Been shuttling NCAT for a while now due to that NAVTECH radar installed on the airstrip.

The background of this has always been mechanical engineering, tried Maritime academy before going to a higher Institution but didn't make it embarassed

Aircraft engine, I no see repair.
Ship engine, I no see repair
I kuku go dey repair Diesel generators na cheesy while still doing my masters in Transportation engineering under Civil Engineering.

I should say, I am happy for your
But they said Engineers don't repair na, they only design dem dey do.....
Are you sure you're looking for jobs with the right specifications?
grin grin grin grin
Re: A Nairalander Aviation Journey So Far.. by AlabiKILLER2021(m): 4:35pm On Dec 22, 2021
You for use the money and feed well before
tongue

You look sick, wretched, hungry, Dehydrated tongue

Strong breeze fit carry you sef tongue

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Aviation Journey So Far.. by Nobody: 4:44pm On Dec 22, 2021
Nice one
Re: A Nairalander Aviation Journey So Far.. by Collins4u1(m): 4:55pm On Dec 22, 2021
Akalia:
Aviation courses are usually very expensive at NCAT. I remeber back in 2012 when I wanted to enroll for PPL at NCAT, I was billed 7.5 million.

Jeeeesu.. It's quite high.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Aviation Journey So Far.. by ImoleNaija: 4:57pm On Dec 22, 2021
Nyanabo:

There is nothing on that thread bro, it empty. Like only one page.

You can go through this thread of his

https://www.nairaland.com/6681556/happy-finally-resume-aircraft-maintenance
Re: A Nairalander Aviation Journey So Far.. by morikee: 5:04pm On Dec 22, 2021
Justinlean02:
Looks cool your career, in web3 you'll be able to sell your cool picture and Assests in NFT value

Can't wait to unleash more African arts to the world through NFT.

Jump in on the future wagon 2022 with massive wealth to claim in NFT Space... Buy tomorrow today.

Serious minded and intentional Nairalanders check out my signature

Your NFTs are sick damn ���
Re: A Nairalander Aviation Journey So Far.. by luizpippo(m): 5:05pm On Dec 22, 2021
flexyrule:
But they said Engineers don't repair na, they only design dem dey do.....
Are you sure you're looking for jobs with the right specifications?
grin grin grin grin

Lwkmd.

Haha hahaha

My dad was a marine engineer with the defunct Nigeria National shipping line, he read mechanical engineering, then was fortunate to be drafted into the coy while he was teaching physics, he "repaired", he also worked with private oil vessels after the shipping line went burst.

I have a current boss, who is also a registered aircraft engineer, I know he was doing maintainance and repairs for Emirates air till 2018, I was the one who built the bases for his container at Abuja airport.

My uncle read computer engineering, I have watched him doing repairs and maintainance to routers, systems( not computer systems alone, networking systems) at Federal ministry of Works and Foreign affairs during the days of Hakeem Baba Ahmed as PS.

The guys fixing the transmission equipments for star times are engineers.

Please, in the current Nigeria, what would an aircraft Engineer at Air peace design? An Airbus 380-300? A boeing 747 max? Or a Tupolev, Antonov? Is he designing the flaps? The horizontal stabilizer or the rudder?

Guy, Nigeria or Africa right now is made up of more repairing and maintaining engineers, aside Civil, Electrical, Computer to a lesser extent.

Can't say much about Petroleum or Chemical Engineering tho.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Aviation Journey So Far.. by chiedozie198100: 5:08pm On Dec 22, 2021
Nkitara:

As a son of a retired air traffic controller, I know how many times I flew around naija free of charge cos of my dad was an air traffic controller.

As far as naija airspace is concerned, this guy may never pay to fly in his life.

If u know I know.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Aviation Journey So Far.. by Olam09(m): 5:09pm On Dec 22, 2021
whippersnapper:

You're a pained fool.
Re: A Nairalander Aviation Journey So Far.. by MorningStar233: 5:37pm On Dec 22, 2021
Mide3367:
Flew home for Christmas break smiley from Abuja Airport yesterday on board green African airline

Please what are the prerequisites for ATC courses and how tedious is it academically?
Re: A Nairalander Aviation Journey So Far.. by Nkitara: 5:59pm On Dec 22, 2021
chiedozie198100:

As a son of a retired air traffic controller, I know how many times I flew around naija free of charge cos of my dad was an air traffic controller.

As far as naija airspace is concerned, this guy may never pay to fly in his life.

If u know I know.
Don't mind me bro, just catching cruise

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

4 New Ways To Motivate Your Employees On Monday Morning / How Nlc’s Picketing Of MTN Violated Global ILO Rule / 5 Signs You Are In The Wrong Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.