Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,986 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:27 AM

The Bola Tinubu Dilemma: Does APC Want To Win With Him Or Lose Without Him? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Bola Tinubu Dilemma: Does APC Want To Win With Him Or Lose Without Him? (18550 Views)

2023: Tinubu’s Dilemma Over Lagos Governorship Ticket / Obong Of Eket: PDP, APC Want Osinbajo To Succeed Buhari / Marafa: Crooks Within APC Want To Install Serving Governor As Buhari's Successor (2) (3) (4)

The Bola Tinubu Dilemma: Does APC Want To Win With Him Or Lose Without Him? by Move2(m): 8:24am On Dec 22, 2021
I was in between my PHD research efforts during the feisty days of the Trump campaign to be president when the man appeared on NBC and made a case among the Christians for their votes. He said some Christians may not like him. They may even see him as an infidel. He had embarrassed his party with so many allegations of sexual impropriety that in the past had scuttled ambitions even for far lesser positions than president.

His ambition was alive because of the fresh air he brought into political candour in country. He had said many things many people wanted to hear but could not say. Trump knew this and wanted to grow his following. The evangelicals were a group he could not win without. They constitute a basic bloc in the Republican Party and in the core of the American conservative coalition.
But he had a proposition for them. He knew they had hot-button issues about their faith, and they could not compromise them. One of the issues was sexual orientation as well as abortion rights. The Supreme Court has always been a battleground in the culture wars. If you had majority of justices, you win. Roe Versus Wade was a sore point for Christians who wanted abortions illegal. He, Trump, was a great example. If they rallied behind him he was be their voice and fighter.
He did a similar thing to the gun lobby and said with him in the White House, they had nothing to fear.

The buzz among his supporters was that Trump was not perfect. They knew that he was a formidable candidate. They decided to look the other way and stuck with him in the course of the campaign and voted for him in spite of verbal contempt on minorities and racist words.

Today it is because of Trump that anti-abortion is fighting back.
I have been following events in Nigeria, especially in President Muhammadu Buhari’s party. I was in the country in August and spoke with a few persons in Abuja and Kaduna, long-time friends and associates, and the motif of the argument is that Bola Tinubu was the reason the party does not have peace.

I wondered why. Some of them said it was because he wants to be the presidential nominee and some bigwigs in the party are not comfortable with him. I asked the question, if he is so much trouble for the party why not pick another candidate? Their reply was that moves were in the offing. But there was a snag, they did not know who in the party could really give a fight against what the opponent, the PDP, could offer, especially if the person is as formidable as Alhaji Atiku Abubakar. “You know,” noted one of them who has ears to the APC ground, “Atiku gave the party a big fight. He might have won. They had to put off the election.”
There are great reasons to believe, in spite of the efforts of Sokoto governor Aminu Tambuwal, that the PDP knows that if they want to return, they need the stature and resources of the Adamawa man.

APC has not one as counterweight, except Tinubu. Some of the big men in the north have lost their gravitas under Buhari. They have failed either from grace or influence because you cannot have two leaders in a lion’s jungle. The only person they need to fight the Adamawa titan or anyone the party may throw up is Tinubu.
Some believe that the man is too powerful. They believe he loves power and he might relegate them to the background. There is no evidence from his past that Tinubu ever forgets where he ate his butter when he was hungry.

He was a governor of Lagos for eight years and he has continued to enjoy support from the people not only of the state but from the majority of his Yoruba kinsmen and women.

He has also shown a lot of friendship with the north right from when he was governor. it is not clear why they should fear him.
But whether or not they want him, they have to decide whether they want to win the presidential election in 2023 or they want to be an also-ran. He is known to be a great mobiliser of men and women.

Atiku is a man of great resources and the last election was evidence of how one man can rally resources for the benefit of a cause, whether we like it or not. The Adamawa big man is no pushover. Atiku knows this may be his last try for Nigeria’s number one job. He is going to put everything inside. His powder is dry. His arsenal is humming. His soldiers are battle ready. They lost last time. No one should count him out going forward.
But Tinubu is the one who knows him. They were once associates and belonged in the trenches together. Tinubu is famous for his resources. He too can fight, and he knows how to win. It was principally because of his effort that we have APC today. It is because of him that an incumbent president was flushed out of power. President Buhari associates may want to play down his value all they want but they know they are not in the doldrums today because one man saw Buhari’s shortcomings and turned it into an opportunity for the country and himself.
What he has done for the APC he can do again for the APC. The difference will be that he will be the ticket bearer and the upshot of the candidacy.

AS I told my friends when I visited the country, it means that the APC is in the situation that the gun lobby and the Christian evangelicals were with Trump. They knew that they were in a dilemma. It was either they won with Donald Trump as the presidential standard bearer, or they lost without him.
That is what the APC should address. Do they want to win with him or they want to lose without him? The choice is theirs. It was on that note I left them. Here in the U.S., as we enter the new year, I thought President Buhari and his men should brood over the options.

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2021/12/22/the-bola-tinubu-dilemma/

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Bola Tinubu Dilemma: Does APC Want To Win With Him Or Lose Without Him? by Kriss216: 8:27am On Dec 22, 2021
Worst scenario;
The North will give Tinubu the APC ticket and move to support Atiku, their own.

It's a win win for the North.

No thanks to Tinubu and his sophisticated followers.

125 Likes 7 Shares

Re: The Bola Tinubu Dilemma: Does APC Want To Win With Him Or Lose Without Him? by TimmyTen(m): 8:34am On Dec 22, 2021
In as much as I hate recycling of old policians…Tinubu has proved his abilities as politician to be reckoned with in 9ja politics. The writer has said it all “APC will either win with him or lose without him”

However, if the next election produces Atiku or Tinubu as president its a clear indication Nigerians are not ready.

67 Likes 6 Shares

Re: The Bola Tinubu Dilemma: Does APC Want To Win With Him Or Lose Without Him? by Odidigboigbo(m): 8:34am On Dec 22, 2021
The only candidate that will guarantees APC winning the election is Osibanjo any other candidates is work over for PDP.

72 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Bola Tinubu Dilemma: Does APC Want To Win With Him Or Lose Without Him? by jeff1993: 8:35am On Dec 22, 2021
The North are more advanced in the act of Politicking than the whole southern tribes combined!!!!..... All the whole northerners can Unify irrespective of party affiliates to push their very own to the top, but can't say same of the south.

APC may give Jagaban the ticket but they will go behind and rally for Atiku ..... After elections them they will doassive Exodus to PDP

Please NL family..... I need someone to mentor me in any digital money making skill ..... I am broke and I don't want to be broke next year

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Bola Tinubu Dilemma: Does APC Want To Win With Him Or Lose Without Him? by filevino: 8:35am On Dec 22, 2021
Back in 2015, You voted a terrorist sympathetic incompetent dunce a.k.a Mannequin at 21 years old, by 2023 you will be 28 years old. Continue.

If you like vote old cargos like the frog eyed, drug baron with no vision, i.e Mannequin 2.0 you will regret it.

Your 30s will be wasted and at 40 you will have nothing to show for it.

Be warned.

119 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Bola Tinubu Dilemma: Does APC Want To Win With Him Or Lose Without Him? by googlepikins: 8:35am On Dec 22, 2021
I feel sorry for Nigerians, we are not ready for development in this country. This madness is not normal.

That Buhari didn't teach us a big lesson, is the reason why scientists need to come and examine our existence on earth as Nigerians.

We are different breed that should be studied in Yale or Havard University, to ascertain if a Blackman is born to be useless on earth.

57 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Bola Tinubu Dilemma: Does APC Want To Win With Him Or Lose Without Him? by Dangrace01: 8:35am On Dec 22, 2021
Omo

Re: The Bola Tinubu Dilemma: Does APC Want To Win With Him Or Lose Without Him? by dahgifted(m): 8:36am On Dec 22, 2021
Can't we deviate from recycling senile old men?
Suffer no dey tire una?
Have you all been hypnotized?
Smh.

16 Likes

Re: The Bola Tinubu Dilemma: Does APC Want To Win With Him Or Lose Without Him? by SimplePlan34: 8:36am On Dec 22, 2021
Tinubu is not as popular outside the west as many think he is. It's only the north that can install him if they don't nothing he can do. As it stands Apc will always win because they would rig. Most ppl thought PDP Fell due to the masses rejecting them. It was Jonathan that allowed things be.

18 Likes

Re: The Bola Tinubu Dilemma: Does APC Want To Win With Him Or Lose Without Him? by Lumig: 8:36am On Dec 22, 2021
Lol, where has the APC party announced it has given the party ticket to any member talk less of Tinubu
Let everyone calm down jare

Re: The Bola Tinubu Dilemma: Does APC Want To Win With Him Or Lose Without Him? by Nobody: 8:36am On Dec 22, 2021
Who the heck is he?

Re: The Bola Tinubu Dilemma: Does APC Want To Win With Him Or Lose Without Him? by Wawelexy(m): 8:36am On Dec 22, 2021
Northern ABC would rather lose with him just to retain a Northern Precydent, while the southern ABC has no choice than to decamp, cos the Majority (Northerners) wants their own person...

Tilnubbu is still keeping calm just because he still thinks he has a chance, watch him be at the forefront of Yoruubba Nation Agitation when he finally loses out by 2023..... This game will get more dirtier and bloodier, even bulhary(who would by then be ex-preccydernt) will not be bold enough to be in this country, cos baba would unleash the full demon in him.

They all have hidden agenda or lemme say hidden plan B.

The Fullhani are not wise enough to ghost their plans, and I would say they re starting to early(maybe they re trying to use the upper power they have now to spread across the nation), sending weapons and their soldiers all over the southern state should sound alarming to any sensible being...

God should intervene NOW!!!

Re: The Bola Tinubu Dilemma: Does APC Want To Win With Him Or Lose Without Him? by oluwaseunamos33(m): 8:36am On Dec 22, 2021
APC will fail woefully if they pick bola Tinubu the bullion man

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Bola Tinubu Dilemma: Does APC Want To Win With Him Or Lose Without Him? by MARKone(m): 8:36am On Dec 22, 2021
Saw a video clip of this man recently, Baba couldn't even stand erect properly with staggered steps. The people trying to foist this man on Nigerians are really the true Enemies of this country, how greedy and self-centred some people can be. Sentiments aside, Tinubu is Old, and very weak, he won't make a good president for a complex country such as Nigeria. Same grave mistake that was made with Buhari. I admire Tinubu, but I think he needs to shelve this his ambition, and support a more Vibrant younger individual, who would even have that "Tinubu vision" for the country.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Bola Tinubu Dilemma: Does APC Want To Win With Him Or Lose Without Him? by Vddaz: 8:36am On Dec 22, 2021
Tinubu will be worse than Buhari

MARK MY WORDS

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Bola Tinubu Dilemma: Does APC Want To Win With Him Or Lose Without Him? by Dangrace01: 8:37am On Dec 22, 2021
Kriss216:
Worst scenario;
The North will give Tinubu the APC ticket and move to support Atiku, their own.

It's a win win for the North.

No thanks to Tinubu and his sophisticated followers.

Are you saying pdp would bring atiku?

Re: The Bola Tinubu Dilemma: Does APC Want To Win With Him Or Lose Without Him? by DropsMic(m): 8:37am On Dec 22, 2021
Yawn
Re: The Bola Tinubu Dilemma: Does APC Want To Win With Him Or Lose Without Him? by Dailymice: 8:37am On Dec 22, 2021
Re: The Bola Tinubu Dilemma: Does APC Want To Win With Him Or Lose Without Him? by Greenlight123: 8:37am On Dec 22, 2021
Their problems if not for the stupid dog they will always give 1k to cos problem for the stupid useless politicians to have their way while you continue with ur poverty life bcz of 1k

Re: The Bola Tinubu Dilemma: Does APC Want To Win With Him Or Lose Without Him? by BlaqJosh: 8:37am On Dec 22, 2021
Let wait and see....
Re: The Bola Tinubu Dilemma: Does APC Want To Win With Him Or Lose Without Him? by cevoxa: 8:37am On Dec 22, 2021
Like for APC
Share for PDP

15 Likes 19 Shares

Re: The Bola Tinubu Dilemma: Does APC Want To Win With Him Or Lose Without Him? by Kriss216: 8:37am On Dec 22, 2021
Dangrace01:

Are you saying pdp would bring atiku?
I'm responding based on the report.

Re: The Bola Tinubu Dilemma: Does APC Want To Win With Him Or Lose Without Him? by RexTramadol1: 8:38am On Dec 22, 2021
Naso APC worthless reach?

Re: The Bola Tinubu Dilemma: Does APC Want To Win With Him Or Lose Without Him? by LibertyRep: 8:38am On Dec 22, 2021
Whatever that rocks their boat.
Re: The Bola Tinubu Dilemma: Does APC Want To Win With Him Or Lose Without Him? by tunapawizzy: 8:38am On Dec 22, 2021
oshisko

Osun Govt Confirms Averted Plane Crash Incident, Suspects Sabotage / Wamakko To Jonathan: Resign And Apologise To Nigerians / The Story Of Col Frank Omenka, The Butcher