Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,383 members, 7,812,130 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:43 AM

Supreme Court Judgment: Panic, As Shangisha Landlords Take Over Highbrow Magodo - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Supreme Court Judgment: Panic, As Shangisha Landlords Take Over Highbrow Magodo (28627 Views)

Highbrow Magodo Estate Shut Down By Protesting Residents / Panic As Lagos Landlords Put Houses For Sale Over Red Rail Demolition / Different Types Of Nigerian Landlords (meme Collection) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Supreme Court Judgment: Panic, As Shangisha Landlords Take Over Highbrow Magodo by Kingsleyebere(m): 11:28am On Dec 22, 2021
Drabeey:
No wonder the traffic yesterday
was there traffic yesterday?
Re: Supreme Court Judgment: Panic, As Shangisha Landlords Take Over Highbrow Magodo by Nakedtruths: 11:31am On Dec 22, 2021
JovialJune:
Nice one, for all those ones cheast beating that Lagos is no mans land, keep helping us develop our land okay, dont go and develop your state, when we are ready to do sakamaje just like what is happening in Magodo, you will cry, the wise should see this as a warning and borrow sense.
How is demolishing building to ground level with buildozers translate to developing your state
Re: Supreme Court Judgment: Panic, As Shangisha Landlords Take Over Highbrow Magodo by seborrhic: 11:36am On Dec 22, 2021
erniok:

I can quiet understand why no one wants ibafo, it's like exchanging a cow for a chicken. That's where the government should come in after all, they issued the C of O. We wouldn't know how much discount was.given so Lagos government would ensure both parties come off the table smiling because the caused this problem.
That ibafo idea cannot be true.
Ibafo is in Ogun State so which power of land does Lagos State government have over Ogun State government.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Judgment: Panic, As Shangisha Landlords Take Over Highbrow Magodo by OBALOLA55(m): 11:37am On Dec 22, 2021
Leaforever:

Yes it is. If U think Lekki is highbrow, magodo is the same level. It even has bigger houses and 24/7 light (they have a deal wt NEPA).
BOTH PHASE 1 AND 2 ARE HIGHBROW AREAS

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Judgment: Panic, As Shangisha Landlords Take Over Highbrow Magodo by erniok(m): 11:39am On Dec 22, 2021
seborrhic:

That ibafo idea cannot be true.
Ibafo is in Ogun State so which power of land does Lagos State government have over Ogun State government.
Bros I wouldn't know state demarcations but I hope this gets resolved amicably.
Re: Supreme Court Judgment: Panic, As Shangisha Landlords Take Over Highbrow Magodo by udemzyudex(m): 11:39am On Dec 22, 2021
JovialJune:

And you're still chest beating again, continue,

Yorubas have no problem cos they are in their region, where will you nyamiri go when driven out empty handed?

You all will learn the hard way.

Common sense is not common, it says the land was fraudulently acquired and sold to people, we have seen cases of 10 or more people paying money to rent just 1 apartment unknowingly.

Things like this can happen to anybody even a yoruba person, so STFU.
It goes both ways, if an igbo man bought a land and it was fraudulently sold to a yoruba man in lagos, he can go to court and take back his land.

It's simple, everything is not tribalism, try to use your common sense.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Supreme Court Judgment: Panic, As Shangisha Landlords Take Over Highbrow Magodo by jamalnation(m): 11:58am On Dec 22, 2021
Can even go out
Everywhere is under lockdown

1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Judgment: Panic, As Shangisha Landlords Take Over Highbrow Magodo by Blackdisciple(m): 12:01pm On Dec 22, 2021
Lagos state and demolition are like Shiekh Gumi and bandits can't be separated
Re: Supreme Court Judgment: Panic, As Shangisha Landlords Take Over Highbrow Magodo by thelegend1(m): 12:09pm On Dec 22, 2021
As an Architect, I can tell you for free that Land matter is very disturbing especially in Lagos (that's why I prefer Abuja as their procedures for land acquisition are quite straightforward).
Back to my point. I remember as an I.T student many years ago, a woman won a court case for a Land on Opebi/Allen Ikeja. The land in question had a high rise building on it...na so she become billionaire.

From what I've read about this case, the residents shouldn't expect much from Lagos state govt as Supreme Court has given final ruling, though if they want to help, they could relocate affected residents (of which most won't agree).

The residents should go and negotiate their houses with the new Landlords.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Judgment: Panic, As Shangisha Landlords Take Over Highbrow Magodo by mfm04622: 12:10pm On Dec 22, 2021
naptu2:
Videos, pictures and screenshots: Residents cannot leave the estate this morning. There's a protest going on and some residents have locked the estate gate. Nobody is allowed in or out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JW5ljJR09Ew

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiEM--Yrf_8

In order words, they are resisting a valid SUPREME COURT order!
Later, they will say Nigeria is a lawless nation! Are they lawful?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Supreme Court Judgment: Panic, As Shangisha Landlords Take Over Highbrow Magodo by Ayemileto(m): 12:17pm On Dec 22, 2021
Vickyvice:
It will be appealed

Try to read Na.

Supreme court already ruled on the matter since over 6 years ago.

The issue started since the 1980s and it has gone through all courts.

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Judgment: Panic, As Shangisha Landlords Take Over Highbrow Magodo by Aksnoopy: 12:21pm On Dec 22, 2021
porthouse7:
when was land use act passed by lagos house of assembly.... dats ur assignment for d day, always do ur research know d content in it, if u dnt know get back to me I will educate u but will pay me for impacting u
Imparting!
You want to educate someone, but can't write or pronounce words correctly. undecided

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Judgment: Panic, As Shangisha Landlords Take Over Highbrow Magodo by OssyMalik: 12:22pm On Dec 22, 2021
You’re very st.pid. Is it only Igbos that have houses at Magodo? You should be ashamed of yourself for trying to use ethnicity to pass a judgement.

Anu ohia
JovialJune:

And you're still chest beating again, continue,

Yorubas have no problem cos they are in their region, where will you nyamiri go when driven out empty handed?

You all will learn the hard way.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Judgment: Panic, As Shangisha Landlords Take Over Highbrow Magodo by porthouse7(f): 12:28pm On Dec 22, 2021
Aksnoopy:
Imparting!
You want to educate someone, but can't write or pronounce words correctly. undecided
my phone auto correct wrongly

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Judgment: Panic, As Shangisha Landlords Take Over Highbrow Magodo by tutudesz: 12:34pm On Dec 22, 2021
billyG:

LASG cannot fixed a price on a land that it doesn't own all negotiation should be channel to the landlords, government should refund d occupier their money or give them alternative plots.
What about those with houses
Re: Supreme Court Judgment: Panic, As Shangisha Landlords Take Over Highbrow Magodo by elmodee7(m): 12:44pm On Dec 22, 2021
Very unfortunate. I think the magodo residents should sue the lagos state government ASAP. There is nothing they can do, the judgement is clear.
Re: Supreme Court Judgment: Panic, As Shangisha Landlords Take Over Highbrow Magodo by InvertedHammer: 12:56pm On Dec 22, 2021
/
Too many risks associated with buying and building in Lagos. Every new government comes with a new reality.

/
Re: Supreme Court Judgment: Panic, As Shangisha Landlords Take Over Highbrow Magodo by Nobody: 1:01pm On Dec 22, 2021
tutudesz:

Those with houses can pay for the land again at a given value by Government

That was the mild agreement reached with some of the omo onile families in 2017, even at that, not all was willing to re-sell.
Unfortunately, the LASG cannot regulate the cost of the Land, Developers had to build a 'fantastic' relationship with the Families in order to get a good deal (discounted rate), which was still very high considering the development of the Shangisha axis...
The Military Government of Lagos State really created a MESS and I just learnt that there are some other Estates like this whose original Owners may soon ride on the judgement of the Supereme Court to claim their lands back from the present Developers currently occupying their lands.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Judgment: Panic, As Shangisha Landlords Take Over Highbrow Magodo by Nobody: 1:08pm On Dec 22, 2021
Leaforever:

Lagos state government already did dt and offered lands at ibafo as replacement, but they didn't take dt deal, cos they can't carry their multimillion naira house to ibafo. Also, leaving developed magodo to muddy ibafo is like a demotion.
The landowners then had an agreement for the landlord's to rectify their titles, where they kinda repay for the land at a discount. Some have paid. The ones dt haven't are the houses marked for demolition.

How true is this?
How can LASG offer them Ogun State lands? That's IMPOSSIBLE.
What the LASG negotiated in 2017 was for a discounted sale, which most of the Omo oniles rejected outrightly.
Some smart Developers quickly sold their properties at giveaway prices to unsuspecting Buyers and travelled abroad.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Judgment: Panic, As Shangisha Landlords Take Over Highbrow Magodo by Sermwell(m): 1:23pm On Dec 22, 2021
Vickyvice:
It will be appealed
See this illiterate! It is a SUPREME COURT judgement!
Re: Supreme Court Judgment: Panic, As Shangisha Landlords Take Over Highbrow Magodo by Nobody: 1:24pm On Dec 22, 2021
Sermwell:

See this illiterate! It is a SUPREME COURT judgement!
take am easy man. I have been thanking those who corrected me.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Judgment: Panic, As Shangisha Landlords Take Over Highbrow Magodo by thelegend1(m): 1:31pm On Dec 22, 2021
Ecne:

How true is this?
How can LASG offer them Ogun State lands? That's IMPOSSIBLE.
What the LASG negotiated in 2017 was for a discounted sale, which most of the Omo oniles rejected outrightly.
Some smart Developers quickly sold their properties at giveaway prices to unsuspecting Buyers and travelled abroad.

Hey God...this is callous. Anyways like I always say "do a legal search on any property before making payment".

Even if the search takes a month or 2, do so and know peace. Lagos is a mega city and everyone wants to own a piece of it.
Re: Supreme Court Judgment: Panic, As Shangisha Landlords Take Over Highbrow Magodo by luizpippo(m): 1:42pm On Dec 22, 2021
Leaforever:

Lagos state government already did dt and offered lands at ibafo as replacement, but they didn't take dt deal, cos they can't carry their multimillion naira house to ibafo. Also, leaving developed magodo to muddy ibafo is like a demotion.
The landowners then had an agreement for the landlord's to rectify their titles, where they kinda repay for the land at a discount. Some have paid. The ones dt haven't are the houses marked for demolition.

Why didn't the government give the land owners land at the Ibafo and add monetary compensation to it since they are the ones at fault.

The land owners are not at fault but they should understand the buyers are not at fault too, the buyers paid government for the land, then paid funds to build their houses.
Re: Supreme Court Judgment: Panic, As Shangisha Landlords Take Over Highbrow Magodo by Nobody: 2:17pm On Dec 22, 2021
thelegend1:

Hey God...this is callous. Anyways like I always say "do a legal search on any property before making payment".

Even if the search takes a month or 2, do so and know peace. Lagos is a mega city and everyone wants to own a piece of it.

They did oooo, and the C of Os were confirmed genuine by the LASG.
Most NEVER knew there had been litigations on the properties.

As we type/read, some have quickly put up their properties for sale online (at mouth-watering prices)... with the hope of escaping this present wahala.
Well, that's what I would do.

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Judgment: Panic, As Shangisha Landlords Take Over Highbrow Magodo by Nobody: 2:21pm On Dec 22, 2021
luizpippo:

Why didn't the government give the land owners land at the Ibafo and add monetary compensation to it since they are the ones at fault.

The land owners are not at fault but they should understand the buyers are not at fault too, the buyers paid government for the land, then paid funds to build their houses.

The Lagos State Government does not own the lands at Ibafo, they belong to Ogun State Government.
Re: Supreme Court Judgment: Panic, As Shangisha Landlords Take Over Highbrow Magodo by fregeneh(m): 2:52pm On Dec 22, 2021
Leaforever:
It was during military rule in the 90s Governor Oyinlola (reknown thief) took over this land forcefully from its owners and sold it to others.

This judgement has been finalized at the supreme Court since 2012 so the house owners dt built there are aware of this. Some people already sold their houses to unsuspecting new buyers and moved, but everytime the real owners want to execute their supreme Court judgement, the rich people living there always stop it.
The real landowners came to an agreement wt the house owners in 2017 (https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2017/05/30/scourt-judgement-shangisha-landlords-association-advise-homeowners-to-rectify-titles/), but it seems some have not fulfilled their part of the agreement.

Oyinlola wasn't in power 38yrs ago sir.
Re: Supreme Court Judgment: Panic, As Shangisha Landlords Take Over Highbrow Magodo by fregeneh(m): 2:55pm On Dec 22, 2021
Ojikutumomiage:

Nothing go still sup

Las las na settlement go end am.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Judgment: Panic, As Shangisha Landlords Take Over Highbrow Magodo by toluscott2000(m): 3:01pm On Dec 22, 2021
Any estate in Nigeria is a scam, that's is out it will be , after 20 or 30 year the real owner will surface. Nah Nigeria u dey shine ur eyes, make i know talk much ,more to these
Re: Supreme Court Judgment: Panic, As Shangisha Landlords Take Over Highbrow Magodo by fregeneh(m): 3:13pm On Dec 22, 2021
Vickyvice:
thanks. Na now the mkpuru nmiri clear from my eyes
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Two Storey Building Collapses In Anambra (Photos) / Contemporary Architecture: The Story Of Our 4 Bedroom Duplex By Skimanski / Some Hilarious Memes Particular To Building Construction Sites In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.