Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,505 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:26 PM

Supreme Court Judgment: Panic, As Shangisha Landlords Take Over Highbrow Magodo - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Supreme Court Judgment: Panic, As Shangisha Landlords Take Over Highbrow Magodo (28644 Views)

Highbrow Magodo Estate Shut Down By Protesting Residents / Panic As Lagos Landlords Put Houses For Sale Over Red Rail Demolition / Different Types Of Nigerian Landlords (meme Collection) (2) (3) (4)

Re: Supreme Court Judgment: Panic, As Shangisha Landlords Take Over Highbrow Magodo by iyke2frankeze: 3:33pm On Dec 22, 2021
The government took the land and sold it to people and the court ordered the buyers who bought it from the government to bear the loss. The second time this is happening in Lagos within two months. Economic war against Igbos.
Re: Supreme Court Judgment: Panic, As Shangisha Landlords Take Over Highbrow Magodo by Badonasty(m): 4:05pm On Dec 22, 2021
Na serious wahala be this fa
Re: Supreme Court Judgment: Panic, As Shangisha Landlords Take Over Highbrow Magodo by Abudu2000(m): 4:18pm On Dec 22, 2021
YeyeGbami:

Naso them scam me around Igando/Akesan. I had to pay 2.5 for the empty plot and 500K for the plot with building. Rubbish govt and omo onile.
even those area i heard the land also belongs to lasun
Re: Supreme Court Judgment: Panic, As Shangisha Landlords Take Over Highbrow Magodo by Christistruth00: 4:54pm On Dec 22, 2021
This Case is the fault of the Nigerian Judiciary

The 38 years that it took for the Supreme Court to decide the Case was Justice denied and created more Problems than it Solved

The Case should never have taken more than 5 years to Sort out

How many of the Houses in the Area are up to 30 years old ?

People would not have built on Contentious Land if the Judiciary was what it should be

Re: Supreme Court Judgment: Panic, As Shangisha Landlords Take Over Highbrow Magodo by Dashlish12: 5:00pm On Dec 22, 2021
EvangelistMFM:
Nah WA oo....To buy land for Lagos to be small thing oo..Who person wan trust now...
. Well if u need land in ibeju/lekki direct from the family, I'm your best plug; A Trial will convince you
Re: Supreme Court Judgment: Panic, As Shangisha Landlords Take Over Highbrow Magodo by PARADIZEPRIEST: 5:26pm On Dec 22, 2021
ALL THOSE FRAUDSTERS AND KIDNAPPERS HIDING IN THAT ESTATE HAVE REACH THEIR WATELOO. NOW IS THEIR PAYBACK TIME. THEY MUST BE EVICTed OR UPROOTED FROM MAGODO TO TEACH THEM LESSON FOR LIVE.
Re: Supreme Court Judgment: Panic, As Shangisha Landlords Take Over Highbrow Magodo by Pharaohny: 5:31pm On Dec 22, 2021
We Die here pls no one is leaving the house we die here
We die here
We die here .

We die here
We die here
We die here
Omo Onile go back to your state
Re: Supreme Court Judgment: Panic, As Shangisha Landlords Take Over Highbrow Magodo by Sammerboi: 6:02pm On Dec 22, 2021
Magodo estate!!
Re: Supreme Court Judgment: Panic, As Shangisha Landlords Take Over Highbrow Magodo by billyG(m): 6:48pm On Dec 22, 2021
tutudesz:

What about those with houses
They built their houses on other people land,they have been scammed by LASG...it is only in Nigeria that governments:fed. & states government scams her own people.
The LASG tooked d landowners to supreme Court because they knew judgement will take "forever".
Re: Supreme Court Judgment: Panic, As Shangisha Landlords Take Over Highbrow Magodo by Nobody: 6:53pm On Dec 22, 2021
fregeneh:

Oyinlola wasn't in power 38yrs ago sir.
It was during Oyinlolas tenure he collected and sold the lands. Go research the case.
Re: Supreme Court Judgment: Panic, As Shangisha Landlords Take Over Highbrow Magodo by billyG(m): 6:54pm On Dec 22, 2021
iyke2frankeze:
The government took the land and sold it to people and the court ordered the buyers who bought it from the government to bear the loss. The second time this is happening in Lagos within two months. Economic war against Igbos.
So na igbos bought those lands?
Re: Supreme Court Judgment: Panic, As Shangisha Landlords Take Over Highbrow Magodo by kessdivine4all: 6:54pm On Dec 22, 2021
JovialJune:
Nice one, for all those ones chest beating that Lagos is no mans land, keep helping us develop our land okay, dont go and develop your state, when we are ready to do sakamaje just like what is happening in Magodo, you will cry, the wise should see this as a warning and borrow sense.

Mumu . Why not find out those at the place before exposing your ignorance. This is why you have not achieved anything in your life
Re: Supreme Court Judgment: Panic, As Shangisha Landlords Take Over Highbrow Magodo by Nobody: 6:56pm On Dec 22, 2021
Ecne:

How true is this?
How can LASG offer them Ogun State lands? That's IMPOSSIBLE.
What the LASG negotiated in 2017 was for a discounted sale, which most of the Omo oniles rejected outrightly.
Some smart Developers quickly sold their properties at giveaway prices to unsuspecting Buyers and travelled abroad.
I could've gotten the name wrong cos I read about the case a long time ago, but the LASG offered them land and they rejected it.

Re: Supreme Court Judgment: Panic, As Shangisha Landlords Take Over Highbrow Magodo by Nobody: 6:57pm On Dec 22, 2021
iyke2frankeze:
Majority of homeowners in magodo are Yorubas.

Re: Supreme Court Judgment: Panic, As Shangisha Landlords Take Over Highbrow Magodo by tutudesz: 7:33pm On Dec 22, 2021
billyG:

They built their houses on other people land,they have been scammed by LASG...it is only in Nigeria that governments:fed. & states government scams her own people.
The LASG tooked d landowners to supreme Court because they knew judgement will take "forever".
They should also sue LASG too
Re: Supreme Court Judgment: Panic, As Shangisha Landlords Take Over Highbrow Magodo by Amadi84: 7:58pm On Dec 22, 2021
Amuwo Odofin is the next.
Government acquired it for industrial estate and sold to individuals.
Re: Supreme Court Judgment: Panic, As Shangisha Landlords Take Over Highbrow Magodo by fregeneh(m): 9:30pm On Dec 22, 2021
Leaforever:

It was during Oyinlolas tenure he collected and sold the lands. Go research the case.

No it wasn't, according to the shagisha landlord association the said land was taken over in 1984 or thereabout. Oyinlola was milad of Lagos from 93 /96 by then the case was already in apeal court.

Re: Supreme Court Judgment: Panic, As Shangisha Landlords Take Over Highbrow Magodo by billyG(m): 9:35pm On Dec 22, 2021
tutudesz:

They should also sue LASG too
And wait for another 38yrs for supreme court to deliver judgement?out of court settlement is better.
Re: Supreme Court Judgment: Panic, As Shangisha Landlords Take Over Highbrow Magodo by tutudesz: 9:39pm On Dec 22, 2021
billyG:

And wait for another 38yrs for supreme court to deliver judgement?out of court settlement is better.
Another 38yrs grin Nigeria judiciary system contributed to this issue and LASG.
They were busy giving C of O to people on disputed land
Re: Supreme Court Judgment: Panic, As Shangisha Landlords Take Over Highbrow Magodo by makizee(m): 9:48pm On Dec 22, 2021
motymop:
Magodo is now highbrow

You obviously don't know Magodo.

Re: Supreme Court Judgment: Panic, As Shangisha Landlords Take Over Highbrow Magodo by makizee(m): 9:52pm On Dec 22, 2021
iyke2frankeze:

Some of you all can't see beyong your tribe lenses.. The majority of property owners in Magodo are retired top civil servants, Top guns in the corporate world, absolute majority are yoruba.. Yen yen, una go dey talk nonsense... Confidently.

Re: Supreme Court Judgment: Panic, As Shangisha Landlords Take Over Highbrow Magodo by Nobody: 12:21am On Dec 23, 2021
Kingsleyebere:
was there traffic yesterday?
How does it matter today?
Re: Supreme Court Judgment: Panic, As Shangisha Landlords Take Over Highbrow Magodo by RonnyD: 3:44am On Dec 23, 2021
How did tribalism enter this thread, some of you have no sense. Anyways the way it’s looking, some residents might have to sue to Lagos government. How can you still be selling land when you’re in court over it? Only in clowngeria
Re: Supreme Court Judgment: Panic, As Shangisha Landlords Take Over Highbrow Magodo by spice123(m): 5:43am On Dec 23, 2021
afroniger:
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/12/supreme-court-judgment-panic-as-shangisha-landlords-take-over-highbrow-magodo/
This one of the reasons why I will never invest in Lagos state. Demolitions here and there. At the end, Igbos get affected the most.
Re: Supreme Court Judgment: Panic, As Shangisha Landlords Take Over Highbrow Magodo by udemzyudex(m): 10:31am On Dec 23, 2021
thelegend1:
As an Architect, I can tell you for free that Land matter is very disturbing especially in Lagos (that's why I prefer Abuja as their procedures for land acquisition are quite straightforward).
Back to my point. I remember as an I.T student many years ago, a woman won a court case for a Land on Opebi/Allen Ikeja. The land in question had a high rise building on it...na so she become billionaire.

From what I've read about this case, the residents shouldn't expect much from Lagos state govt as Supreme Court has given final ruling, though if they want to help, they could relocate affected residents (of which most won't agree).

The residents should go and negotiate their houses with the new Landlords.

Well according to what I heard from a resident in that area when he called a radio station, the owners of this land have one time been compensated with lands at ibeju lekki and badagry by the state government, where the problem is now, is that a particular individual who doesn't even reside in Nigeria whose name is among the people who owns the land want all the land to his name, that's why you this thing will continue to occur, after they go, maybe another 1 or 2 years they will come back again.

There are over 2000 plots of land in Magodo, the court ruling didn't specifically point out which particular plots of land belong to this people, this is where the magodo land lord are fighting at, you say you have over 500 plots of land that belongs to you, how do you know this land where my house is, is your own plot of land.

There is another case in court concerning this issue of which plot belongs to you or not.
As it is, no house will be brought down, all na show.
Re: Supreme Court Judgment: Panic, As Shangisha Landlords Take Over Highbrow Magodo by wealthtrak: 6:41pm On Jan 02, 2022
Leaforever:
It was during military rule in the 90s Governor Oyinlola (reknown thief) took over this land forcefully from its owners and sold it to others.

This judgement has been finalized at the supreme Court since 2012 so the house owners dt built there are aware of this. Some people already sold their houses to unsuspecting new buyers and moved, but everytime the real owners want to execute their supreme Court judgement, the rich people living there always stop it.
The real landowners came to an agreement wt the house owners in 2017 (https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2017/05/30/scourt-judgement-shangisha-landlords-association-advise-homeowners-to-rectify-titles/), but it seems some have not fulfilled their part of the agreement.
Re: Supreme Court Judgment: Panic, As Shangisha Landlords Take Over Highbrow Magodo by wealthtrak: 7:12pm On Jan 02, 2022
makizee:

Some of you all can't see beyong your tribe lenses.. The majority of property owners in Magodo are retired top civil servants, Top guns in the corporate world, absolute majority are Yoruba... Yen yen, una go dey talk nonsense... Confidently.
You are very correct!
Yoruba top Lagos goverment and private shots dominate Magodo.

My septuagenarian uncle built
his house near Afe Babalola
Chambers Magodo phase 2. wink
They should just negotiate with
the indigenes... It's their land!

Twinstecks Electrical Accessories sale THREAD / I Need Help On The Type Of Ceiling Board To Use / Some Hilarious Memes Particular To Building Construction Sites In Nigeria