Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,118 members, 7,849,492 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 10:31 PM

Electoral Bill: Senate To Consult With House of Reps, Before Deciding Next Step - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Electoral Bill: Senate To Consult With House of Reps, Before Deciding Next Step (6667 Views)

Electoral Act Amendment Bill: Senate Backs Down On Overriding Buhari / Finance Bill: Senate Mulls Taxing DSTV Premium Bouquet / Hate Speech Bill: Senate Urges Nigerians To Be Patient (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Electoral Bill: Senate To Consult With House of Reps, Before Deciding Next Step by garfield1: 5:26pm On Dec 22, 2021
Agbegbaorogboye:

How exactly? The VP and SP will come from same region? Really?
Elrufai ke? How's that possible

Late alex ekwueme and Joseph wayas were from the same region. We also have sambo and mark.VP has no bearing on the zone of who becomes senate president.on two occasions,we had senate president and speaker hailing from the north
Re: Electoral Bill: Senate To Consult With House of Reps, Before Deciding Next Step by Agbegbaorogboye: 5:33pm On Dec 22, 2021
garfield1:

Late alex ekwueme and Joseph wayas were from the same region. We also have sambo and mark.VP has no bearing on the zone of who becomes senate president.on two occasions,we had senate president and speaker hailing from the north
First of all, the north has three regions according to the constitution.
Secondly, if tinubu is running, there's a good chance the VP will be Dogara or Zulum. Both are NE like Lawan, moreso Dogara is from Bauchi like him.
Re: Electoral Bill: Senate To Consult With House of Reps, Before Deciding Next Step by garfield1: 5:42pm On Dec 22, 2021
Agbegbaorogboye:

First of all, the north has three regions according to the constitution.
Secondly, if tinubu is running, there's a good chance the VP will be Dogara or Zulum. Both are NE like Lawan, moreso Dogara is from Bauchi like him.

Except that.but I dont think tinubu will pick dogara..but naturally,his first choice will be ganduje,then wamakko and then zulum or lawan.his vice must come from the former CPC or anpp camp.I don't see tinubu picking a Christan

1 Like

Re: Electoral Bill: Senate To Consult With House of Reps, Before Deciding Next Step by MikkieEl: 5:57pm On Dec 22, 2021
fergie0o1:
Resolution of the Senate's Closed-door session

SOURCE

In a rowdy sesiion, the Senate President, Dr. Ahmad Lawan explained that the House of Representatives had proceeded on recess, making it impossible to take appropriate action for now.

Discussions on the President's refusal of the Bill will commence next year.

You will recall, that the House of Reps adjourned plenary until January 18th next year, barring all Committees from sitting until the House is reconvened.
No level.
Dino said it all last night.
Re: Electoral Bill: Senate To Consult With House of Reps, Before Deciding Next Step by Agbegbaorogboye: 9:27pm On Dec 22, 2021
Ganduje? Of the dollar fame? Are you really serious now? Besides that, he and Wammako are from the NW which just enjoyed 8yrs of presidency in case you've forgotten. Dogara might come in handy for those who might want to fly the Muslim-Muslim palava. That's why I believe he is the safest choice if that comes up like it did in 2015. If not then Zulum takes the first seat. I doubt Tinubu will pick Lawan for VP but you can never say sha. Besides, I don't know any rule that says the VP must come from ANPP/CPC camp.
garfield1:

Except that.but I dont think tinubu will pick dogara..but naturally,his first choice will be ganduje,then wamakko and then zulum or lawan.his vice must come from the former CPC or anpp camp.I don't see tinubu picking a Christan
Re: Electoral Bill: Senate To Consult With House of Reps, Before Deciding Next Step by garfield1: 9:42pm On Dec 22, 2021
Agbegbaorogboye:
Ganduje? Of the dollar fame? Are you really serious now? Besides that, he and Wammako are from the NW which just enjoyed 8yrs of presidency in case you've forgotten. Dogara might come in handy for those who might want to fly the Muslim-Muslim palava. That's why I believe he is the safest choice if that comes up like it did in 2015. If not then Zulum takes the first seat. I doubt Tinubu will pick Lawan for VP but you can never say sha. Besides, I don't know any rule that says the VP must come from ANPP/CPC camp.

Ganduje is tinubu's strongest ally in the north.that gandollar saga will not fly,its all INA the media. The north west is the most important zone electorally,you can't ignore them.tinubu or osibanjo if allowed might want to pick there to get heavy votes...

In apc,presidency CPC,vice acn and senate president anpp.it is the turn of acn for president while vice and senate president will come from anpp/CPC.just as tinubu handpicked osibanjo,buhari will likely handpicked the VP and it will be a core loyalliat like buni,lawan,etc
Re: Electoral Bill: Senate To Consult With House of Reps, Before Deciding Next Step by Agbegbaorogboye: 10:35pm On Dec 22, 2021
garfield1:

Ganduje is tinubu's strongest ally in the north.that gandollar saga will not fly,its all INA the media. The north west is the most important zone electorally,you can't ignore them.tinubu or osibanjo if allowed might want to pick there to get heavy votes...

In apc,presidency CPC,vice acn and senate president anpp.it is the turn of acn for president while vice and senate president will come from anpp/CPC.just as tinubu handpicked osibanjo,buhari will likely handpicked the VP and it will be a core loyalliat like buni,lawan,etc

Are you aware Ganduje actually lost in 2019? What about the state excos that have been handed over to Shekarau? No serious candidate will put Ganduje on the ballot for VP. Just same way y'all called Atiku Atiku so will Ganduje become Gandollar and pollute the ticket.

That said, the northwest got speakership for eight years and heavens did not fall.
That arrangement is your own imagination. As long as it is not written in APC constitution, it's your political wish.
Re: Electoral Bill: Senate To Consult With House of Reps, Before Deciding Next Step by garfield1: 11:22pm On Dec 22, 2021
Agbegbaorogboye:

Are you aware Ganduje actually lost in 2019? What about the state excos that have been handed over to Shekarau? No serious candidate will put Ganduje on the ballot for VP. Just same way y'all called Atiku Atiku so will Ganduje become Gandollar and pollute the ticket.

That said, the northwest got speakership for eight years and heavens did not fall.
That arrangement is your own imagination. As long as it is not written in APC constitution, it's your political wish.

That is the problem with you,always destroying good conversations.it is not my imagination,it is a simple gentleman agreement in principle.you. are not a member of apc nor like apc so what is exactly your problem? Tinubu will not produce president and vice,he will produce one,buhari one.this is commonsense na.how you dey even play your own politics?
Re: Electoral Bill: Senate To Consult With House of Reps, Before Deciding Next Step by Agbegbaorogboye: 7:54am On Dec 23, 2021
garfield1:

That is the problem with you,always destroying good conversations.it is not my imagination,it is a simple gentleman agreement in principle.you. are not a member of apc nor like apc so what is exactly your problem? Tinubu will not produce president and vice,he will produce one,buhari one.this is commonsense na.how you dey even play your own politics?
Don't take it as an insult. I don't mean it as an insult. Your claim is not based on a fact. In the first term, buhari was cpc while osinbajo was ACN. Saraki was PDP same with Dogara. In this second term, Lawan is anpp while gbaja is ACN. The PDP got nothing out of the four principal slots. It is even more instructive that Lawan is actually Tinubu (ACN) pick for SP not the ANPP. So you can see that the facts on ground doesn't support your claim.
Re: Electoral Bill: Senate To Consult With House of Reps, Before Deciding Next Step by garfield1: 8:40am On Dec 23, 2021
Agbegbaorogboye:

Don't take it as an insult. I don't mean it as an insult. Your claim is not based on a fact. In the first term, buhari was cpc while osinbajo was ACN. Saraki was PDP same with Dogara. In this second term, Lawan is anpp while gbaja is ACN. The PDP got nothing out of the four principal slots. It is even more instructive that Lawan is actually Tinubu (ACN) pick for SP not the ANPP. So you can see that the facts on ground doesn't support your claim.

No sir,you are getting it wrong.are you forgetting that saraki and dogara were never the choice of the apc establishment as of 2015? You forgot that saraki and dogara emerged through connivance with pdp esp saraki? Left to apc in 2015,it was lawan and femi. In 2015,apc conducted a mock election for Senate president and speakership and lawan and femi emerged.saraki and dogara emerged the way tambuwal emerged in 2011.
Lawan was never tinubu's choice. Tinubu choice has always been akume.tinubu later switched to lawan after buhari showed preference for lawan.tinubu himself admitted this that he queued behind lawan because of buhari.only femi was his choice.even if it was tinubu choice,it still tallied with the zoning of the top 3 offices among the top 3 blocs.the original plan in 2015 was scuttles in 2015 that is why all efforts were made to actualize it in 2019.so,my insinuations were actually based on facts.those that know the inner workings of apc will corroborate this.
Re: Electoral Bill: Senate To Consult With House of Reps, Before Deciding Next Step by Agbegbaorogboye: 10:28am On Dec 23, 2021
garfield1:

No sir,you are getting it wrong.are you forgetting that saraki and dogara were never the choice of the apc establishment as of 2015? You forgot that saraki and dogara emerged through connivance with pdp esp saraki? Left to apc in 2015,it was lawan and femi. In 2015,apc conducted a mock election for Senate president and speakership and lawan and femi emerged.saraki and dogara emerged the way tambuwal emerged in 2011.
Lawan was never tinubu's choice. Tinubu choice has always been akume.tinubu later switched to lawan after buhari showed preference for lawan.tinubu himself admitted this that he queued behind lawan because of buhari.only femi was his choice.even if it was tinubu choice,it still tallied with the zoning of the top 3 offices among the top 3 blocs.the original plan in 2015 was scuttles in 2015 that is why all efforts were made to actualize it in 2019.so,my insinuations were actually based on facts.those that know the inner workings of apc will corroborate this.
You're unknowingly corroborating my assertion that there's no such agreement in APC. If Lawan who is ANPP was buhari's choice while Akume of (PDP/ACN) was Tinubu's choice, does the conflict not confirm that there's no agreement. If there was, it is simple logic that the block with the right to fill those positions would have simply been called upon to do so instead of organising mock elections and having candidates from different blocs vying. In any case the APC establishment you refer to is the Tinubu brigade. Buhari made it clear in 2015 that he had no preferred choice for the legislative offices.
Take a look at 1999 when PDP zoned its principal offices based on geopolitical zones. Anytime the current occupant of the position left for any reason, the caucus in the house was called upon to present a new candidate from among them. An open election never took place.
Mind you, Bisi Akande alleged in his book that Oyegun wanted to hold a mock election for the VP position. It was oshiomole that cut him short by claiming the deputy is never chosen for a candidate by the party.
These are all facts that prove that there's no such agreement in principle. If there was, I wonder why the PDP, a major bloc were left with nothing. Is that how political agreements work?
It's actually a fallacy to claim ACN, CPC and ANPP were the top three blocs in the APC in 2015. What are your metrics for arriving at that? Let's interrogate pls. The PDP had seven governors and a good number of senators and reps. Amaechi was major financier of the campaigns using Rivers funds. So what metric did you use to arrive at that?
Re: Electoral Bill: Senate To Consult With House of Reps, Before Deciding Next Step by garfield1: 11:50am On Dec 23, 2021
Agbegbaorogboye:

You're unknowingly corroborating my assertion that there's no such agreement in APC. If Lawan who is ANPP was buhari's choice while Akume of (PDP/ACN) was Tinubu's choice, does the conflict not confirm that there's no agreement. If there was, it is simple logic that the block with the right to fill those positions would have simply been called upon to do so instead of organising mock elections and having candidates from different blocs vying. In any case the APC establishment you refer to is the Tinubu brigade. Buhari made it clear in 2015 that he had no preferred choice for the legislative offices.
Take a look at 1999 when PDP zoned its principal offices based on geopolitical zones. Anytime the current occupant of the position left for any reason, the caucus in the house was called upon to present a new candidate from among them. An open election never took place.
Mind you, Bisi Akande alleged in his book that Oyegun wanted to hold a mock election for the VP position. It was oshiomole that cut him short by claiming the deputy is never chosen for a candidate by the party.
These are all facts that prove that there's no such agreement in principle. If there was, I wonder why the PDP, a major bloc were left with nothing. Is that how political agreements work?
It's actually a fallacy to claim ACN, CPC and ANPP were the top three blocs in the APC in 2015. What are your metrics for arriving at that? Let's interrogate pls. The PDP had seven governors and a good number of senators and reps. Amaechi was major financier of the campaigns using Rivers funds. So what metric did you use to arrive at that?

Whether such agreement exists is immaterial afterall it is difficult to prove unwritten pacts.acn will not produce both president and vice. The truth of the matter is that acn will produce the next candidate and anpp and CPC will produce the others.I wonder how you are reasoning.you think tinubu will be allowed to flood all major posts with only his acn allies? How pdp zones its posts is not the business of apc and apc is not mandated to follow suit.
Buhari saying that he will not influence nass elections is funny.does it mean that buhari says all he means? Has he fulfilled his campaign promises? This is highly disappointing from you.buhari came out in 2019 to fully support lawan.saying only the tinubu bloc zoned offices is a fallacy.you think all the attacks against saraki would have happened without buhari support? Even borno/yobe governors forced ndume in 2015 to support lawan.

I never said apc in 2015 was made up of three major blocs.I meant that the main blocs of apc at formation in 2013 was three
Apc was formed in Feb 2013,pdp faction joined in Nov with 5 governors not 7.anpp,CPC and acn collapsed totally into apc,apga and pdp only contributed a small faction. Someone else would have put money if amechi wasnt there,apc were always going to win without pdp and apga though they cemented the victory.apc has always viewed apga and pdp especially atiku/saraki faction with suspicion and disdain.a large part of the new pdp defected yet failed to ggiive pdp victory...
Re: Electoral Bill: Senate To Consult With House of Reps, Before Deciding Next Step by Agbegbaorogboye: 7:07pm On Dec 23, 2021
garfield1:

Whether such agreement exists is immaterial afterall it is difficult to prove unwritten pacts.acn will not produce both president and vice. The truth of the matter is that acn will produce the next candidate and anpp and CPC will produce the others.I wonder how you are reasoning.you think tinubu will be allowed to flood all major posts with only his acn allies? How pdp zones its posts is not the business of apc and apc is not mandated to follow suit.
Buhari saying that he will not influence nass elections is funny.does it mean that buhari says all he means? Has he fulfilled his campaign promises? This is highly disappointing from you.buhari came out in 2019 to fully support lawan.saying only the tinubu bloc zoned offices is a fallacy.you think all the attacks against saraki would have happened without buhari support? Even borno/yobe governors forced ndume in 2015 to support lawan.

I never said apc in 2015 was made up of three major blocs.I meant that the main blocs of apc at formation in 2013 was three
Apc was formed in Feb 2013,pdp faction joined in Nov with 5 governors not 7.anpp,CPC and acn collapsed totally into apc,apga and pdp only contributed a small faction. Someone else would have put money if amechi wasnt there,apc were always going to win without pdp and apga though they cemented the victory.apc has always viewed apga and pdp especially atiku/saraki faction with suspicion and disdain.a large part of the new pdp defected yet failed to ggiive pdp victory...

grin grin grin grin
At least you have come to agree there's no agreement. It's also gratifying to see you confess that buhari is a massive unmitigated failure.
The problem with people like you who invest so much emotional energy and passion into defending politicians is the inability to separate facts from your own wishful fiction. That you've arrived at that point through my insights is blissful.
Your first pick for VP which is Ganduje is actually of the PDP faction. So how do you reconcile that and your statement that ANPP/CPC will produce the rest of the candidates.
FYI, only ACN had more governors than PDP in the APC pre-2015. Same with legislators. So I don't know what you mean by they were a small number. CPC was actually smaller financially and politically than nPDP. So you're still not talking facts. The new PDP members prevented a Muslim-Muslim ticket from materialising. So they had influence. Massive influence actually. Don't forget that not all members of nPDP defected. Some stayed back to play the fifth columnist in t PDP like Ali Modu Sheriff. So it is disingenuous to claim APC would have won without them. Mind you there was a point both buhari and Tinubu had a misunderstanding that threatened to derail the party. It was amaechi who begged both to sheath their swords and keep their eyes on the ball. There's every possibility that if not for amaechi then, the coalition might have gone the way of the 2011 one.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tinubu Apc Presidential Candidate The North Played You Again~pictures / INEC Chairman Is In Confusion Now, As Court Order To Stop Collation Loading / PDP Governors Have Performed Best In Nigeria- Tukur

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.