Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,946 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:14 AM

My First White Christmas Experience - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My First White Christmas Experience (21560 Views)

Nigerians Reminisce On Their Christmas Experience At Park Vega Waterpark / Photos From My Christmas Experience At Udo Udoma Park In Uyo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My First White Christmas Experience by freshalien: 10:24am On Dec 25, 2021
[quote author=salesbloo post=108799029][/quote]

Did you have to quote the entire post...why u no jus get sense like this?
Re: My First White Christmas Experience by LandMann: 10:24am On Dec 25, 2021
Nigeria is blessed with natural resources but cursed with evil leaders like Buhari, Tinubu, Osibanjo, Jonathan, IBB, Lawan and co.
Re: My First White Christmas Experience by superjab247: 10:24am On Dec 25, 2021
neurosci:
The thing is that foreign media usually find a way to market themselves as having the best life while they market Africa as a jungle. Somehow, we have all bought into that stereotype.
Can u exain why u think Africa is not a jungle

Please argue with facts since foreign media are liars!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My First White Christmas Experience by NoFucksToGive: 10:24am On Dec 25, 2021
[s]
NikkyIvy:
Hello Nikky,

I love the pictures you have been sharing with us this season. But I just want to share this my first experience Of White Christmas with you and everyone.

As a teenager, I always loved watching or seeing Hollywood Christmas movies especially on Hallmark movies Channel. Its something I looked forward to every Christmas.

The best part was always the part they play in the snow, build snow men or when I hear stuff like; "its white Christmas!" I remember I used to wish we had snow during Christmas in Naija. I would have given anything to convince God to change our yeye harmattan to winter.

Anyway to cut this long story short, somehow I traveled abroad and it was a wonderful experience. All my mind was like; finally, I will experience white Christmas. November arrived, and the cold was okay. Snow came and I was waiting for the type I used to see on TV.

When December arrived with the snow, I just began packing my bags. The cold no be here! It felt like living inside the freezer. Infact it was worse. My heart nearly froze. It was under a thick blanket and with my heater running at full blast 24/7 that I realized white Christmas na Scam. It is fine only in the movies ooh. Infact, the cold made our cold harmattan Christmas feel like childs play. I could not even go out not to talk of building snow man abi woman.That was how my childhood dreams came crashing down on me �

I am happily back and enjoying the Christmas season and our local delicacies with friends and family. Our electricity is not stable but the weather is simply the best for a Christmas celebration and I am loving our harmattan season with my full chest.

[/s]

When you read a trashy fake post you can always tell

4 Likes

Re: My First White Christmas Experience by Yingyanng: 10:24am On Dec 25, 2021
Lol what a funny piece

2 Likes

Re: My First White Christmas Experience by Akalia(m): 10:26am On Dec 25, 2021
OP you have only succeeded in telling us that you eventually traveled abroad.

3 Likes

Re: My First White Christmas Experience by Nicklaus619(m): 10:26am On Dec 25, 2021
Eyahhh, I can imagine, but I rather flex my Christmas in snow, if my heart like make e froze e no concern me, rather than to stay in this Buhari Nigeria .

5 Likes

Re: My First White Christmas Experience by Fescoblack(m): 10:28am On Dec 25, 2021
I will post my own experience by Dec 2022 by God's grace.

6 Likes

Re: My First White Christmas Experience by deeLima86(m): 10:29am On Dec 25, 2021
Nothing compare to Christmas back home to be honest. I still dey under my duvet and no sign of Christmas rice here. No place like home sad

3 Likes

Re: My First White Christmas Experience by Nobody: 10:29am On Dec 25, 2021
neurosci:
The thing is that foreign media usually find a way to market themselves as having the best life while they market Africa as a jungle. Somehow, we have all bought into that stereotype.
Africa isn't a jungle...
But that doesn't change the fact that Africa is shit

3 Likes

Re: My First White Christmas Experience by SeriouslySense(m): 10:32am On Dec 25, 2021
That cold, helps people optimize, helps them think well, helps them to be efficient, you cannot afford to be lax or play like in Africa grin grin grin.

You have to pay the bills for heating, things can get dire and critical (life or death).

Maybe this is the reason, why they developed faster lo.

Maybe we should have this kind of weather in Nigeria, so it will wake the brains up. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Now they can afford to live without facing the harsh realities of extreme, i wonder why is extreme heat not helping us optimize.

NikkyIvy:
Hello Nikky,

I love the pictures you have been sharing with us this season. But I just want to share this my first experience Of White Christmas with you and everyone.

When December arrived with the snow, I just began packing my bags. The cold no be here! It felt like living inside the freezer. Infact it was worse. My heart nearly froze. It was under a thick blanket and with my heater running at full blast 24/7 that I realized white Christmas na Scam. It is fine only in the movies ooh. Infact, the cold made our cold harmattan Christmas feel like childs play. I could not even go out not to talk of building snow man abi woman.That was how my childhood dreams came crashing down on me �

I am happily back and enjoying the Christmas season and our local delicacies with friends and family. Our electricity is not stable but the weather is simply the best for a Christmas celebration and I am loving our harmattan season with my full chest.

1 Like

Re: My First White Christmas Experience by streetsoldier1(m): 10:32am On Dec 25, 2021
post=108798960:

A picture speaks more than a thousand words.
Anyways, Merry White Christmas to you o.

All of us @[/b] dey greet you from [b]PH.
PH, Christmas like no other!
Barbecue galore....
Thanks to the Nairalanders that showed up for the Free Barbecue parry.
The party is just starting..........

Happy sooty (black smoke) christmas to you in PH

2 Likes

Re: My First White Christmas Experience by Justinlean02(m): 10:33am On Dec 25, 2021
Merry Christmas Nairalanders

If you have ever bought or minted an NFT on OpenSea. Go to the theopendao.com website and check if you qualify for $Sol Airdrop.

Can't wait to unleash more African arts to the world through NFT.

Jump in on the future wagon 2022 with massive wealth to claim in NFT Space... Buy tomorrow today.

Serious minded and intentional Nairalanders check out my signature

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My First White Christmas Experience by jcent2611: 10:33am On Dec 25, 2021
oyibo life too sweet jare...xmas for there cool dey pursue pple enter inside house...omo 9ja heat of drink,sex,clubbing and shooting banger na him move person out ohhh...africa upside down continent
Re: My First White Christmas Experience by Inspirer1: 10:36am On Dec 25, 2021
superjab247:

Can u explain why u think Africa is not a jungle

Please argue with facts since foreign media are liars!!
Good one bro,,, I will like to learn from him trying to prove otherwise.
Re: My First White Christmas Experience by Powersurge: 10:36am On Dec 25, 2021
neurosci:

They have a better life oga
Re: My First White Christmas Experience by Goldentulip2: 10:37am On Dec 25, 2021
NikkyIvy:
Hello Nikky,

As a teenager, I always loved watching or seeing Hollywood Christmas movies especially on Hallmark movies Channel. Its something I looked forward to every Christmas.

The best part was always the part they play in the snow, build snow men or when I hear stuff like; "its white Christmas!" I remember I used to wish we had snow during Christmas in Naija. I would have given anything to convince God to change our yeye harmattan to winter.

Anyway to cut this long story short, somehow I traveled abroad and it was a wonderful experience. All my mind was like; finally, I will experience white Christmas. November arrived, and the cold was okay. Snow came and I was waiting for the type I used to see on TV.

Sometimes it gets so cold one feels like their ear is bleeding smh I salute those folks that live in Russia during winter

1 Like

Re: My First White Christmas Experience by freshalien: 10:37am On Dec 25, 2021
Shellsploit:
Amazing xmas!
Basket of snails wey i buy, wokeup this morning and they are no where to be found! I still dey check the forest wey dey my backyard

cry cry cry cry

Didn’t you cover them with something heavy ontop of the cover?

2 Likes

Re: My First White Christmas Experience by KayCee9250: 10:37am On Dec 25, 2021
Amazing Nairaland younger brother. Nice business idea from Seun. Great Innovation in Ghana

2 Likes

Re: My First White Christmas Experience by Goldentulip2: 10:42am On Dec 25, 2021
Justinlean02:
Merry Christmas Nairalanders

If you have ever bought or minted an NFT on OpenSea. Go to the theopendao.com website and check if you qualify for $Sol Airdrop.

Can't wait to unleash more African arts to the world through NFT.

Jump in on the future wagon 2022 with massive wealth to claim in NFT Space... Buy tomorrow today.

Serious minded and intentional Nairalanders check out my signature

Bro please educate me, how can I tap into NFT?
Re: My First White Christmas Experience by lexy2014: 10:43am On Dec 25, 2021
neurosci:

I don't think it's about marketing themselves as having the best life. In their movies, all they do is to market their way of life. There's very little that u can negate in their movies as being parallel to how they actually live
Re: My First White Christmas Experience by staaari: 10:43am On Dec 25, 2021
White xmas is no scam may be u in wrong place.

3 Likes

Re: My First White Christmas Experience by GboyegaD(m): 10:43am On Dec 25, 2021
freshalien:
Snow and winter are the worst. They look cool on TV before I travelled but on arriving abroad I realized, both are just the worst! First of all snow is annoying to walk on and when it stops snowing, then begins to melt, you have to be very careful when walking so you don’t slip and fall. You might even be at the train station packed full with people, next thing na ground you go see yoursef. Also, when it snows, snow itself could get into places you really don’t want it to get especially if you are not wearing a hoodie or using an umbrella

Winter in general is the worst weather ever! Everywhere is very cold and it is like you are constantly in a deep freezer and na so you go dey pack cloth, sweaters and jackets full body whenever you leave your house. And while in doors, you better have your heater on and also so nice warm clothes else you might freeze to death.

What will you do if I told you I rocked 3 winners in shorts, a sweater, and a sandal?

I loved the feel of the cold against my body however, I hated its pains on my ears. I stopped the year a man approached me that he could get me winter gears cos I had more than enough but I was enjoying my crazy attitude.

2 Likes

Re: My First White Christmas Experience by Judithjovial(f): 10:44am On Dec 25, 2021
Goldentulip2:

Bro please educate me, how can I tap into NFT?

Check the signature
Re: My First White Christmas Experience by Le2money(m): 10:45am On Dec 25, 2021
I can understand how you will be feeling right now Cox the little Experience I got while I was on 12 hours trip to Ethiopia ( Adaddis ababa )....even Without snow, my heart, lungs were seriously shivering ....to make the matter worse, I thought if I had a drink ( beer ) it would make my body hot oo.....when I sip the Beer like this, it was like swallowing real Ice oo....it was then I did what I had not done before in my life oo....just to save my shivering heart and lungs, I then took their weed oo when I couldn't get a cigarette Cox I used to watch white men smoking during winter on TV, hmmm....this made matter worse oo....I nearly run mad....was seeing everyone as tiny as an ant �....infact, it was really a bad Experience..... I'm Cha happy I could survive the night before I tear race go airport the next day and flew back to my Nigeria oo....Now, if I could feel like that in a country where there was no snow as at that time oo....how would you feel in a country covered with snow...see ehn, the experience no be here grin grin grin

NikkyIvy:
Hello Nikky,

3 Likes

Re: My First White Christmas Experience by Goldentulip2: 10:50am On Dec 25, 2021
neurosci:

Not ALL but yea most.
Re: My First White Christmas Experience by Philip4564(m): 10:53am On Dec 25, 2021
Muyiwaipere:
Let no one deceive you... Christmas back home is the sweetest.

If to say i dey Nigeria... By now i for don drunk... But right now.. Na machine i dey troubleshoot since morning
Happy birthday bro may your days be long

2 Likes

Re: My First White Christmas Experience by Goldentulip2: 10:53am On Dec 25, 2021
Judithjovial:

Check the signature
Thank you but signature says a lot about coin and not nft. Cheers
Re: My First White Christmas Experience by Goldentulip2: 10:57am On Dec 25, 2021
GboyegaD:

What will you do if I told you I rocked 3 winners in shorts, a sweater, and a sandal?

I loved the feel of the cold against my body however, I hated its pains on my ears. I stopped the year a man approached me that he could get me winter gears cos I had more than enough but I was enjoying my crazy attitude.

Try using hoodie abi that stuff that covers ur ears and head. Sometimes one would feel like their ears are bleeding. Chale it’s not nice mayne
Re: My First White Christmas Experience by Qc1(m): 10:57am On Dec 25, 2021
Dankovich1:
You're so on point.

Vancouver (Canada) 2019. Naso I run come back NIGERIA first week of December make phenomonia no kill me[center][/center] grin

Try Yellow knife and Northwest territories!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Another Pilot Still Missing From Helicopter Crash In Lagos / Car Somersaults On Bridge Gate In Nasarawa (Photos) / FG Orders Probe Into Lagos Train/Bus Accident

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.