Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,631 members, 7,816,602 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:47 PM

Electoral Act Amendment Bill: Senate Backs Down On Overriding Buhari - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Electoral Act Amendment Bill: Senate Backs Down On Overriding Buhari (10369 Views)

"It is null and void": Edison Ehie Faults Rivers Assembly's Overriding Of Fubara / Finance Bill: Senate Mulls Taxing DSTV Premium Bouquet / Hate Speech Bill: Senate Urges Nigerians To Be Patient (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Electoral Act Amendment Bill: Senate Backs Down On Overriding Buhari by ayindejimmy(m): 10:50am On Dec 23, 2021
Nigerians overwhelmingly want something and the Senate is only considering Buhari's view.

What kind of spineless Senate Is this?

4 Likes

Re: Electoral Act Amendment Bill: Senate Backs Down On Overriding Buhari by Sabadon(m): 10:51am On Dec 23, 2021
As expected...bunch of rubber stamp cówards #spits

3 Likes

Re: Electoral Act Amendment Bill: Senate Backs Down On Overriding Buhari by Nobody: 10:51am On Dec 23, 2021
Rubber stamp

2 Likes

Re: Electoral Act Amendment Bill: Senate Backs Down On Overriding Buhari by blamingthedevil: 10:52am On Dec 23, 2021
[s]
AchalugoNwa:
grin

hahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahaha hahahahahaha
another blow for Tinubu urchins this early mo mo

chaiiii see as Aboki dey teach sophisticated morrons Tuwo and gworo politics

Tinubu is a criminal drug lord
thunder scatter his criminal nairaland urchins

You want a rubber stamp Senate?
here you go

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
[/s]

Tinubu did you guys strong thing or Is Tinubu omnipresent in you guys medulla oblongata ?

To the extent that a whole Ohaneze Ndigbo has to write a letter to citizen Tinubu, who is not an elected official nor has he declared his intention to contest for the highest office in Nigeria.

What kind of Inferiority Complex is this?

Why are you guys always reminding us that that Bolaji Ahmed Adekunle Tinubu is the next President of Nigeria?

Tinubu this
Tinubu that
Tinubu in the morning
Tinubu in the afternoon
Tinubu in the evening
Tinubu on Twitter
Tinubu on nairaland
Tinubu in the East
Tinubu in the West
Tinubu in Arewa
Afenifere- Tinubu
Ohaneze- Tinubu
Arewa- Tinubu
Wailers- Tinubu
Hailers - Tinubu.....
My Father- Tinubu
My Mother- Tinubu
My Husband- Tinubu
My Wife- Tinubu
PDP- Tinubu
APC- Tinubu

Now ....Reno on Atiku- Tinubu

Tinubu must be omnipresent.

Is Tinubu Lord and Saviour?

Well,
The Difference between LAGOS DEMOCRACY and other 35 States since 1999 till Date is tinubu.

The Difference between SW DEMOCRACY and other Five Regions since 1999 till date is tinubu.

The Difference between LAGOS ECONOMY and other African Cities since 1999 till date is tinubu.

The Difference between Progressive Politics and Wailing Hateful Politics since 1999 till date is tinubu.......

This is the Spoken and Unspoken Truth.

Let me join them to say God Bless Incoming President Bola Ahmed Adekunle Tinubu

NEXT THREAD ON TINUBU

1 Like

Re: Electoral Act Amendment Bill: Senate Backs Down On Overriding Buhari by Billygee2u: 10:53am On Dec 23, 2021
ayindejimmy:
Nigerians overwhelmingly want something and the Senate is only considering Buhari's view.

What kind of spineless Senate Is this?
The game of no change of government has just began
Re: Electoral Act Amendment Bill: Senate Backs Down On Overriding Buhari by Nanavati(m): 10:53am On Dec 23, 2021
The current state of this country

Re: Electoral Act Amendment Bill: Senate Backs Down On Overriding Buhari by kayusely70(m): 10:56am On Dec 23, 2021
GboyegaD:
Rubber stamp senate.
Yes! Most of them are gutless!

1 Like

Re: Electoral Act Amendment Bill: Senate Backs Down On Overriding Buhari by Gesman: 10:56am On Dec 23, 2021
I saw it coming bunch of seller out

1 Like

Re: Electoral Act Amendment Bill: Senate Backs Down On Overriding Buhari by Billygee2u: 10:56am On Dec 23, 2021
Ogbuefi2020:
The northern grand strategy unfolding. The north will be free from blame by making Tinubu's ambition fail naturally
Only fools in Nigeria believe that Fulani terrorists government will conduct elections and hand over power in 2023

1 Like

Re: Electoral Act Amendment Bill: Senate Backs Down On Overriding Buhari by AchalugoNwa(f): 10:59am On Dec 23, 2021
[s]
blamingthedevil:

Tinubu did you guys strong thing or Is Tinubu omnipresent in you guys medulla oblongata ?

To the extent that a whole Ohaneze Ndigbo has to write a letter to citizen Tinubu, who is not an elected official nor has he declared his intention to contest for the highest office in Nigeria.

What kind of Inferiority Complex is this?

Why are you guys always reminding us that that Bolaji Ahmed Adekunle Tinubu is the next President of Nigeria?

Tinubu this
Tinubu that
Tinubu in the morning
Tinubu in the afternoon
Tinubu in the evening
Tinubu on Twitter
Tinubu on nairaland
Tinubu in the East
Tinubu in the West
Tinubu in Arewa
Afenifere- Tinubu
Ohaneze- Tinubu
Arewa- Tinubu
Wailers- Tinubu
Hailers - Tinubu.....
My Father- Tinubu
My Mother- Tinubu
My Husband- Tinubu
My Wife- Tinubu
PDP- Tinubu
APC- Tinubu

Now ....Reno on Atiku- Tinubu

Tinubu must be omnipresent.

Is Tinubu Lord and Saviour?

Well,
The Difference between LAGOS DEMOCRACY and other 35 States since 1999 till Date is tinubu.

The Difference between SW DEMOCRACY and other Five Regions since 1999 till date is tinubu.

The Difference between LAGOS ECONOMY and other African Cities since 1999 till date is tinubu.

The Difference between Progressive Politics and Wailing Hateful Politics since 1999 till date is tinubu.......

This is the Spoken and Unspoken Truth.

Let me join them to say God Bless Incoming President Bola Ahmed Adekunle Tinubu

NEXT THREAD ON TINUBU
[/s]

trash

2 Likes

Re: Electoral Act Amendment Bill: Senate Backs Down On Overriding Buhari by Nobody: 11:00am On Dec 23, 2021
I beg this country was named
*The Federal Republic Of Nigeria*
Not just *Nigeria*
We are not practicing what the name implies *Federal*
This is a unitary system of government.
No division of power.
Paddy ;
Paddy ; government.
The senator's pockects,have been greased.
The masses can go to hell.
I remember the song *I sorry !Sorry oooo! I sorry 4 Nigeria * I sorry ;for this nation ;I sorry ;sorry oooo.
Re: Electoral Act Amendment Bill: Senate Backs Down On Overriding Buhari by kulrunsman79(m): 11:00am On Dec 23, 2021
Lawan has finally reduced and rubbishes the hitherto RED CHAMBER to an appendage and rubber stamp of the executive. What a shame.

This current NASS as composed is the worst and most docile house since independence

1 Like

Re: Electoral Act Amendment Bill: Senate Backs Down On Overriding Buhari by fergie001: 11:03am On Dec 23, 2021

But a top member of the House told The PUNCH that Lawan was only being clever, adding that the House had informed him that the Senate could go ahead to override the veto.

“Lawan was only being clever. We had informed him that once the Senate overrides the President’s veto, we would concur. This is how we passed the bill in the first place. He was the one who scuttled this bill,” the lawmaker who wished to remain anonymous said.

However, it was learnt that the National Assembly may not go ahead with the plan to amend the Electoral Act.

A lawmaker told The PUNCH that in the letter written to the National Assembly by the President, the lawmakers were not advised to send an amended version.

He said the President had shown time and again that he had no problem with the Electoral Act 2015 and so the lawmakers would stop embarrassing themselves.

garfield1
Re: Electoral Act Amendment Bill: Senate Backs Down On Overriding Buhari by bluefilm: 11:03am On Dec 23, 2021
I no talk am before?

Na initial gra gra dem been dey do.

Bunch of jokers.

Nonsense. angry

3 Likes

Re: Electoral Act Amendment Bill: Senate Backs Down On Overriding Buhari by seunayantokun(m): 11:05am On Dec 23, 2021
I knew the lily-livered renegades would never outstep their bounds.

See excuse.... Now is the time to consult with their constituents but all this while they have been 'representing' them in all greedy chop-chop without consulting with the wretched of the earth called their constituents.

1 Like

Re: Electoral Act Amendment Bill: Senate Backs Down On Overriding Buhari by justmondris: 11:06am On Dec 23, 2021
As expected, toothless senators. Them done share money yesterday night

1 Like

Re: Electoral Act Amendment Bill: Senate Backs Down On Overriding Buhari by PrinceOfLagos: 11:07am On Dec 23, 2021
helinues:

This one can't even read and comprehend..

All he does is to wail and troll others.

They backed down as I predicted earlier.. You kuku know say nobody fit beat my record on NL. The most accurate analysis on NL.. unbeatable record.

Troll, wail, it's your time

Baba leave story, this news pain you Wella

Stop pretending

When I told you guys that Tinubu will only be president of Lagos agberos association, una think sey na mouth I dey run..

We've already decided Tinubu's fate , he will never be president and if he pushes his luck too far, we go open him file and throw him behind bars .

Keep this date

1 Like

Re: Electoral Act Amendment Bill: Senate Backs Down On Overriding Buhari by sucess001(m): 11:07am On Dec 23, 2021
This Senate President says they want to consult with constituents yet assured some people that the president will not be embarrassed..

What are you consulting on again?

1 Like

Re: Electoral Act Amendment Bill: Senate Backs Down On Overriding Buhari by Exceed15: 11:07am On Dec 23, 2021
[quote author=blamingthedevil post=108746148]God Bless President Buhari
God Bless Federal Republic of Nigeria

Some copy and paste critics will not bother to read reasons aduce by the President . They lacked critical thinking .[/quote

And u that can reason critically, see the outcome of your sentimental reasoning.. i pray bandit don't visit you soon.. say Amen

1 Like

Re: Electoral Act Amendment Bill: Senate Backs Down On Overriding Buhari by Yankee101: 11:08am On Dec 23, 2021
It's not a democracy where the legislature is not independent

1 Like

Re: Electoral Act Amendment Bill: Senate Backs Down On Overriding Buhari by yemmight(m): 11:10am On Dec 23, 2021
Initial gra gra.
Re: Electoral Act Amendment Bill: Senate Backs Down On Overriding Buhari by helinues: 11:10am On Dec 23, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:

Baba leave story, this news pain you Wella

Stop pretending

When I told you guys that Tinubu will only be president of Lagos agberos association, una think sey na mouth I dey run..

We've already decided Tinubu's fate , he will never be president and if he pushes his luck too far, we go open him fire and throw him behind bars .

Keep this date

Says someone who has lost his relevancy on NL due to his numerous lies

Swerve jor . If people dey talk no be you

1 Like

Re: Electoral Act Amendment Bill: Senate Backs Down On Overriding Buhari by Exceed15: 11:10am On Dec 23, 2021
Most Useless senate in the history of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Electoral Act Amendment Bill: Senate Backs Down On Overriding Buhari by omooba969(m): 11:11am On Dec 23, 2021
We don't have strong institutions in Nigeria, strong men is what we have.

What a corntree! grin

1 Like

Re: Electoral Act Amendment Bill: Senate Backs Down On Overriding Buhari by gbami(m): 11:11am On Dec 23, 2021
I said it... The Senate President is the President bitch.
If the president tells him to bring his wife for Bleep.. he'll do it.
The guy has an undescended balls.

4 Likes

Re: Electoral Act Amendment Bill: Senate Backs Down On Overriding Buhari by iamhorpey(m): 11:13am On Dec 23, 2021
I was like will this same rubber stamp Senate stand against their daddy at first? But right now my reasoning no fail me.

2 Likes

Re: Electoral Act Amendment Bill: Senate Backs Down On Overriding Buhari by MondayOsunbor(m): 11:17am On Dec 23, 2021
Loveurneighbour:
https://punchng.com/electoral-act-amendment-bill-senate-backs-down-on-overriding-buhari-refers-bill-to-constituents/?amp

Lawan assured them that the President would not be embarrassed.”

this will go for INEC in 2023

INEC will not embarrass buhari

spit
Re: Electoral Act Amendment Bill: Senate Backs Down On Overriding Buhari by LongT(m): 11:20am On Dec 23, 2021
[How please?quote author=Ogbuefi2020 post=108740321]The northern grand strategy unfolding. The north will be free from blame by making Tinubu's ambition fail naturally[/quote]
Re: Electoral Act Amendment Bill: Senate Backs Down On Overriding Buhari by udemzyudex(m): 11:21am On Dec 23, 2021
Lol.. Lawan no get balls naa, immediately the house of reps go and recess baba follow suit.
All na plan work, that gbajabiamila na rubber stamp too.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pantami's FUTO Professorial Fraud And Odious Comparisons By Farooq Kperogi / INEC Sets Up Situation Room, Collation Centre / Tinubu, Shettima Spend 91 Days Abroad In Seven Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.