Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,108 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:06 AM

Electoral Act Amendment Bill: Senate Backs Down On Overriding Buhari - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Electoral Act Amendment Bill: Senate Backs Down On Overriding Buhari (10361 Views)

"It is null and void": Edison Ehie Faults Rivers Assembly's Overriding Of Fubara / Finance Bill: Senate Mulls Taxing DSTV Premium Bouquet / Hate Speech Bill: Senate Urges Nigerians To Be Patient (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Electoral Act Amendment Bill: Senate Backs Down On Overriding Buhari by Enyimbamercedes: 1:06pm On Dec 23, 2021
Senate backs down on pretending to override Buhari. Fact is a Lawan-led Senate cannot override Buhari.
Re: Electoral Act Amendment Bill: Senate Backs Down On Overriding Buhari by openmine(m): 1:06pm On Dec 23, 2021
What do you expect from a rubber stamp senate led by ahmed lawan?
grin grin
Re: Electoral Act Amendment Bill: Senate Backs Down On Overriding Buhari by NoFucksToGive: 1:14pm On Dec 23, 2021
helinues:

What moral justification do you have to be calling others corrupt when ordinary on faceless forum, you have said numerous lies.

Imagine this guy would be pretending as if he never understand Igbo language whenever people try to talk to him just to shield his impersonating even for the fact that his mom is from Imo state.

You see all those your lies are been compiled together. This moniker must be sent to the dust bin before the election.

That I can assure you of that

Seun mynd44 oam4j mukina2

Harassing another member and bullying

Rule 2

1 Like

Re: Electoral Act Amendment Bill: Senate Backs Down On Overriding Buhari by garfield1: 1:19pm On Dec 23, 2021
fergie001:

Yes...I like the way you put it....For me!

Infact,for you too.
Re: Electoral Act Amendment Bill: Senate Backs Down On Overriding Buhari by fergie001: 1:31pm On Dec 23, 2021
garfield1:

Infact,for you too.
For me?
Lawan?

Please wink
Re: Electoral Act Amendment Bill: Senate Backs Down On Overriding Buhari by garfield1: 1:51pm On Dec 23, 2021
fergie001:

For me?
Lawan?

Please wink

Me and you understand saraki and lawan better than others.it is like calling tanko sharia judge and uzodinma supreme court judge.but we know the truth...saraki is from a background that made him independent and rebellious while lawan is from a subservient background. Saraki rebelled against his father,struggled to control the senate.look at his leadership compared to lawan.initially,saraki was doing all the fg wanted until his trial.he changed after his trial and because he was ambitious.without that those two factors, he was a rubber stamped.there is nothing than lawan approved that saraki didn't whether loans or appointments.saraki only rejected loan requedtt twice.saraki played to the gallery because of selfish interests and not national interests..he didn't want executive interference but suspended any dissenting senator.we know the truth
Re: Electoral Act Amendment Bill: Senate Backs Down On Overriding Buhari by fergie001: 2:01pm On Dec 23, 2021
garfield1:
Me and you understand saraki and lawan better than others.it is like calling tanko sharia judge and uzodinma supreme court judge.but we know the truth...saraki is from a background that made him independent and rebellious while lawan is from a subservient background. Saraki rebelled against his father,struggled to control the senate.look at his leadership compared to lawan.initially,saraki was doing all the fg wanted until his trial.he changed after his trial and because he was ambitious.without that those two factors, he was a rubber stamped.there is nothing than lawan approved that saraki didn't whether loans or appointments.saraki only rejected loan request twice. Saraki played to the gallery because of selfish interests and not national interests..he didn't want executive interference but suspended any dissenting senator.we know the truth
Listen very attentively, every Executive all over the world wants a legislature they can control.

To the Executive and all her supporters, Lawan remains the best. If I work for Buhari, Lawan will be my god just like he is to many who pander to same sentiments.

I cannot tell how much you know about national interests, but a Senate President that announces to the public that whatever the President brings will be approved is not one anybody should have high hopes on.

Even Gbaja will not say that publicly.

You talk about ambition, does Lawan not have an ambition? He has been in the Senate since 1999, he has been Majority Leader and Senate President, and will most likely go for another position in 2023....Is that not ambition?

Saraki didn't change because of his trial but because he was an Independently elected Senate President, same with Dogara in the HoR, or did Tambuwal as Speaker change because his background was also rebellious or he was rebellious to his father or because he was going through a trial?

There is something called Election & Selection.....

I don't know why you are trying to compare Saraki & Lawan. Saraki isn't President of the Senate anymore.....Speak more about Lawan, a man many Nigerians know what he stands for.
Re: Electoral Act Amendment Bill: Senate Backs Down On Overriding Buhari by ORIAYO70(m): 2:07pm On Dec 23, 2021
Re: Electoral Act Amendment Bill: Senate Backs Down On Overriding Buhari by ORIAYO70(m): 2:13pm On Dec 23, 2021
Ogbuefi2020:
The northern grand strategy unfolding. The north will be free from blame by making Tinubu's ambition fail naturally

I don't know Tinubu
I'm not a politician

Tinubu do not cause Nigeria ordeal
Tinubu recommend Buhari, but a sane person should be able to choose either Atiku or Buhari...

Tinubu never chaos neither force anyone to vote Apc he was like a political mercenary n was working for is party..

A sane person could not blame anything on Tinubu is a political gladiator,..

If it was Atiku things might even be worst...

The so call political morons that blame Yoruba for bringing Buhari, 55per of those morons r part of Apc now.

People don't think before talking rubbish
Re: Electoral Act Amendment Bill: Senate Backs Down On Overriding Buhari by ORIAYO70(m): 2:14pm On Dec 23, 2021
AchalugoNwa:
grin

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
another blow for Tinubu urchins this early mo mo

chaiiii see as Aboki dey teach sophisticated morrons Tuwo and gworo politics

Tinubu is a criminal drug lord
thunder scatter his criminal nairaland urchins

You want a rubber stamp Senate?
here you go

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Same as Andy Una..
Re: Electoral Act Amendment Bill: Senate Backs Down On Overriding Buhari by ORIAYO70(m): 2:15pm On Dec 23, 2021
helinues:

This one can't even read and comprehend..

All he does is to wail and troll others.

They backed down as I predicted earlier.. You kuku know say nobody fit beat my record on NL. The most accurate analysis on NL.. unbeatable record.

Troll, wail, it's your time

Kindly give ur analysis on 2023 election
Re: Electoral Act Amendment Bill: Senate Backs Down On Overriding Buhari by helinues: 2:18pm On Dec 23, 2021
ORIAYO70:

Kindly give ur analysis on 2023 election

When no one has made official declaration??
Re: Electoral Act Amendment Bill: Senate Backs Down On Overriding Buhari by ORIAYO70(m): 2:21pm On Dec 23, 2021
helinues:

When no one has made official declaration??

No if u r a good analyst
You itemised the prospective candidate
Etc
Tinubu
Osinbajo
Umahi etc at least give us a skeletal analysis
Re: Electoral Act Amendment Bill: Senate Backs Down On Overriding Buhari by helinues: 2:24pm On Dec 23, 2021
ORIAYO70:

No if u r a good analyst
You itemised the prospective candidate
Etc
Tinubu
Osinbajo
Umahi etc at least give us a skeletal analysis

And are you omitted from doing the same analysis?
Re: Electoral Act Amendment Bill: Senate Backs Down On Overriding Buhari by garfield1: 2:40pm On Dec 23, 2021
fergie001:

Listen very attentively, every Executive all over the world wants a legislature they can control.

To the Executive and all her supporters, Lawan remains the best. If I work for Buhari, Lawan will be my god just like he is to many who pander to same sentiments.

I cannot tell how much you know about national interests, but a Senate President that announces to the public that whatever the President brings will be approved is not one anybody should have high hopes on.

Even Gbaja will not say that publicly.

You talk about ambition, does Lawan not have an ambition? He has been in the Senate since 1999, he has been Majority Leader and Senate President, and will most likely go for another position in 2023....Is that not ambition?

Saraki didn't change because of his trial but because he was an Independently elected Senate President, same with Dogara in the HoR, or did Tambuwal as Speaker change because his background was also rebellious or he was rebellious to his father or because he was going through a trial?

There is something called Election & Selection.....

I don't know why you are trying to compare Saraki & Lawan. Saraki isn't President of the Senate anymore.....Speak more about Lawan, a man many Nigerians know what he stands for.

You are judging lawan wrongly..forget his speech and focus on actions.legislature. and exc are not meant to be friends or enemies but to find a balance. You are judging saraki on how he related with the fg.what about his he related with hiscm fellow senators and constituents? Stop narrowing things.the ability of lawan to keep senators,fg and yobeans happy is top notch,rare and commendable...

How dare you call saraki election independent? An election where he sneaked in and was elected by just half of the senators is an election? He was even the sole candidate... Dogara election is what we call a real election,everyone was present.he had an opponent.the fg never had much issues with dogara.lawan contested against ndume and won by a landslide,that is a real election.if. lawan was selected,he would be having it hot from his members like Sara thief
Re: Electoral Act Amendment Bill: Senate Backs Down On Overriding Buhari by Muhylonaire007: 3:39pm On Dec 23, 2021
Toothless bulldogs grin grin
Re: Electoral Act Amendment Bill: Senate Backs Down On Overriding Buhari by fergie001: 3:40pm On Dec 23, 2021
garfield1:
You are judging lawan wrongly..forget his speech and focus on actions.legislature. and exc are not meant to be friends or enemies but to find a balance. You are judging saraki on how he related with the fg.what about his he related with hiscm fellow senators and constituents? Stop narrowing things.the ability of lawan to keep senators,fg and yobeans happy is top notch,rare and commendable...

How dare you call saraki election independent? An election where he sneaked in and was elected by just half of the senators is an election? He was even the sole candidate... Dogara election is what we call a real election,everyone was present.he had an opponent.the fg never had much issues with dogara.lawan contested against ndume and won by a landslide,that is a real election.if. lawan was selected,he would be having it hot from his members like Sara thief
Well, you can say what you like. You like some of these, not because you don't know the truth, but you like some of these political exercises, tbh I like them too sometimes.

Of a truth, I am not judging Lawan....98% will do exactly the same thing he is doing. So, I don't envy his situation. The funny thing is no matter how much you defend him, he himself knows how subservient and appreciative he is to those who kept him there...those in Aso Rock...

Do you know the meaning of Independently? It means in a way that is free from outside control or influence. I don't think you will argue with that!

I drew a parallel with Speaker Tambuwal but you unsurprisingly turned a roller-coaster on that one. You can defend him all you want..quote balancing or quote whatever, it doesn't negate the fact that Lawan is doing a job. It is a normal thing everywhere, your defence of him is unnecessary.

I will tell you a story as a student, I was vying the position of Speaker of the SRC...I went on campaigning and was very confident, I was a two-timer at the time and obvious favourite///
The then SUG President came to me one night and said I can help you win, give me a list of all the Principal Officers you intend to work with.....I want to screen them, give me your policy statement(s), and let's work together.

I politely told him NO, explaining to him that he was once in the House and attacked the then Speaker wrt this.....that I will do the right thing, protect his interests but will not go against the truth.

I dropped six votes and lost the election.

I don't abuse Lawan, I understand his position.
Re: Electoral Act Amendment Bill: Senate Backs Down On Overriding Buhari by MrUchenna1(m): 4:35pm On Dec 23, 2021
i no be rubber! you be rubber
i no be stamp! you be stamp
okay!
i no be rubber stamp

you be original RUBBER STAMP
Re: Electoral Act Amendment Bill: Senate Backs Down On Overriding Buhari by garfield1: 4:47pm On Dec 23, 2021
fergie001:

Well, you can say what you like. You like some of these, not because you don't know the truth, but you like some of these political exercises, tbh I like them too sometimes.

Of a truth, I am not judging Lawan....98% will do exactly the same thing he is doing. So, I don't envy his situation. The funny thing is no matter how much you defend him, he himself knows how subservient and appreciative he is to those who kept him there...those in Aso Rock...

Do you know the meaning of Independently? It means in a way that is free from outside control or influence. I don't think you will argue with that!

I drew a parallel with Speaker Tambuwal but you unsurprisingly turned a roller-coaster on that one. You can defend him all you want..quote balancing or quote whatever, it doesn't negate the fact that Lawan is doing a job. It is a normal thing everywhere, your defence of him is unnecessary.

I will tell you a story as a student, I was vying the position of Speaker of the SRC...I went on campaigning and was very confident, I was a two-timer at the time and obvious favourite///
The then SUG President came to me one night and said I can help you win, give me a list of all the Principal Officers you intend to work with.....I want to screen them, give me your policy statement(s), and let's work together.

I politely told him NO, explaining to him that he was once in the House and attacked the then Speaker wrt this.....that I will do the right thing, protect his interests but will not go against the truth.

I dropped six votes and lost the election.

I don't abuse Lawan, I understand his position.

I agree with your definition of independence but you will agree with me that there was outside influence in saraki election too.pdp as a party influenced its members to vote for saraki just as apc also wanted its senators to vote against saraki so there was no complete independence or outside interference.people prefer the establishment candidate losing that is why saraki and tambuwal were erroneously praised.
Your story reminds me of how my Dept cabal wanted me not to contest for post of fin sec but assistant fin sec. One of them told me to contest for secretary gen instead. On the eve of the election,I was told to support their VP candidate so that I'll be supported but I tactically refused. I won by a lansslide and the candidates of the cabal lost
Re: Electoral Act Amendment Bill: Senate Backs Down On Overriding Buhari by fergie001: 4:55pm On Dec 23, 2021
garfield1:
I agree with your definition of independence but you will agree with me that there was outside influence in saraki election too.pdp as a party influenced its members to vote for saraki just as apc also wanted its senators to vote against saraki so there was no complete independence or outside interference.people prefer the establishment candidate losing that is why saraki and tambuwal were erroneously praised.
You need influence to win elections.

They found succour in the other Party and dissidents from the APC. Sometimes, the fear is needed to put the Executive on its toes. Saraki, Anyim, Nnamani, Na'abba and Tambuwal provided that!

Your story reminds me of how my Dept cabal wanted me not to contest for post of fin sec but assistant fin sec. One of them told me to contest for secretary gen instead. On the eve of the election,I was told to support their VP candidate so that I'll be supported but I tactically refused. I won by a lansslide and the candidates of the cabal lost
So, I don't blame Lawan ooooo....

He just isn't an upgrade on Bukola that's all.
Re: Electoral Act Amendment Bill: Senate Backs Down On Overriding Buhari by garfield1: 5:00pm On Dec 23, 2021
fergie001:

You need influence to win elections.

They found succour in the other Party and dissidents from the APC. Sometimes, the fear is needed to put the Executive on its toes. Saraki, Anyim, Nnamani, Na'abba and Tambuwal provided that!

So, I don't blame Lawan ooooo....

He just isn't an upgrade on Bukola that's all.

No,you are mistaken.all elections have outside influence.nnamani and anyim provided that opposition but not saraki.saraki own was negative and destructive,highly malicious.tambuwal never went against gej until he defected to apc.if you look at the core functions of the nass in terms of bill passage,motions,oversight,constituency orojects etc,he surpasses saraki.
Re: Electoral Act Amendment Bill: Senate Backs Down On Overriding Buhari by fergie001: 5:15pm On Dec 23, 2021
garfield1:
No,you are mistaken.all elections have outside influence.nnamani and anyim provided that opposition but not saraki.saraki own was negative and destructive,highly malicious. Tambuwal never went against gej until he defected to apc. If you look at the core functions of the nass in terms of bill passage,motions,oversight,constituency projects etc,he surpasses saraki.
Let me tell you something, I think you mistake his confidence for been negative. One who is from a political dynasty, an aide to a former President, a two-term Governor, a former Govs Forum Chairman?

None of those match him, so he looks at anyone without a blink of an eye. That's why you will see the political bigwigs nominate nobodies, so you continue to say Yes Sir.

It is just like tomorrow, you nominate an Akpabio as Senate President and say he is negative

All the things you keep on maligning him with is that he blocked loans, etc. That reason is very unpatriotic.

In the US Senate today, there was a whole lot of problems for Biden even in the House that's controlled by his Party, the Democrats wrt to his Budget. What do you think the legislature is?

Some of the functions of the Senate and in turn the legislature, is:
To prevent the power of any one branch from being absolute

.... empowered to prevent actions by other branches and are induced to share power.

I do not know whether you deliberately left this out;

Are you happy with State Govs who treat Speakers as SSAs?

Lawan surpasses Saraki?...Let Lawan continue going to Court first, then face someone like Oshiomhole and same time fighting the Lagos APC apparatchik, then I will understand him!

Lawan no go talk this thing inside room sef.
Re: Electoral Act Amendment Bill: Senate Backs Down On Overriding Buhari by garfield1: 5:44pm On Dec 23, 2021
fergie001:

Let me tell you something, I think you mistake his confidence for been negative. One who is from a political dynasty, an aide to a former President, a two-term Governor, a former Govs Forum Chairman?

None of those match him, so he looks at anyone without a blink of an eye. That's why you will see the political bigwigs nominate nobodies, so you continue to say Yes Sir.

It is just like tomorrow, you nominate an Akpabio as Senate President and say he is negative

All the things you keep on maligning him with is that he blocked loans, etc. That reason is very unpatriotic.

In the US Senate today, there was a whole lot of problems for Biden even in the House that's controlled by his Party, the Democrats wrt to his Budget. What do you think the legislature is?

Some of the functions of the Senate and in turn the legislature, is:
To prevent the power of any one branch from being absolute

.... empowered to prevent actions by other branches and are induced to share power.

I do not know whether you deliberately left this out;

Are you happy with State Govs who treat Speakers as SSAs?

Lawan surpasses Saraki?...Let Lawan continue going to Court first, then face someone like Oshiomhole and same time fighting the Lagos APC apparatchik, then I will understand him!

Lawan no go talk this thing inside room sef.

I never queried saraki about loan rejection.he approved most of the loans and appointments sent to senate so I have no qualms with that.like I said,you are using mundane or irrelelant parameters to rate saraki.him going to court or fighting oshiomhole is his personal issue.it speaks volume of his poor leadership and diplomatic skills.look at how he managed kwara state.in any case, he was always going to win that case and the intendment was to frighten him not convict him...
In judging a senate president,we must consider bills passage,motions,oversight duties,checks and balances and constituency projects.are you not wowed by how lawan tolerates pests like abaribe something saraki couldn't? He claims to be democratic yet hates internal opposition
Re: Electoral Act Amendment Bill: Senate Backs Down On Overriding Buhari by ORIAYO70(m): 7:28pm On Dec 23, 2021
helinues:

And are you omitted from doing the same analysis?

No
But am giving you the privilege as you said u r a political analyst.
Re: Electoral Act Amendment Bill: Senate Backs Down On Overriding Buhari by Veeryeasy(m): 10:11pm On Dec 23, 2021
If this is true this is an isult and a hot slap to the educated in the country
Re: Electoral Act Amendment Bill: Senate Backs Down On Overriding Buhari by maldino: 10:37pm On Dec 23, 2021
I'm not surprised.... RUBBER STAMP NATIONAL ASSEMBLY
Re: Electoral Act Amendment Bill: Senate Backs Down On Overriding Buhari by TruthinAction: 10:52pm On Dec 23, 2021
Their aim is to remain in power at all cost and this might lead to war. Mark this statement. We should pray more to avoid it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Indefinite Strike: Peter Obi Laments Closure Of Universities / ASUU Strike: I'm Shocked Education Ministry, Union Didn't Resolve Crisis - Ngige / Artisans Promise Tinubu 5.3 Million Votes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.