Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,481 members, 7,816,135 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:17 AM

Electoral Act Amendment Bill: Senate Backs Down On Overriding Buhari - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Electoral Act Amendment Bill: Senate Backs Down On Overriding Buhari (10362 Views)

"It is null and void": Edison Ehie Faults Rivers Assembly's Overriding Of Fubara / Finance Bill: Senate Mulls Taxing DSTV Premium Bouquet / Hate Speech Bill: Senate Urges Nigerians To Be Patient (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Electoral Act Amendment Bill: Senate Backs Down On Overriding Buhari by TemmyT002(m): 11:22am On Dec 23, 2021
I wọn the bet. I knew they would back down
Re: Electoral Act Amendment Bill: Senate Backs Down On Overriding Buhari by Indispensable85(m): 11:25am On Dec 23, 2021
Old news
Re: Electoral Act Amendment Bill: Senate Backs Down On Overriding Buhari by adeoba2008(m): 11:25am On Dec 23, 2021
Which of the constituents ? Am not understanding ! grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Electoral Act Amendment Bill: Senate Backs Down On Overriding Buhari by femixville(m): 11:28am On Dec 23, 2021
Before... what do you all expect
Re: Electoral Act Amendment Bill: Senate Backs Down On Overriding Buhari by Nyanabo(m): 11:29am On Dec 23, 2021
Consult which constituents abeg The constituents you are far from just as the sky is far from the earth ? That same constituents? Do you know the needs of your constituents?

I knew all along this bill won't become law from the start cause all these corrupt polithiefcians are all against it just for their selfish gain. So they can continue to manipulate results.

They are actually not kicking against direct primaries no that's is just a front.

Anyhow Sha I go soon leave this death trap for una.

1 Like

Re: Electoral Act Amendment Bill: Senate Backs Down On Overriding Buhari by PrinceOfLagos: 11:29am On Dec 23, 2021
helinues:

Says someone who has lost his relevancy on NL due to his numerous lies

Swerve jor . If people dey talk no be you
I'm a messenger of truth I'm not here to drag relevance with you on Nairaland

Nigerians deserve a good president and Tinubu do not have the quality of a good president

We say No to Tinubu, we say no to corruption.
Re: Electoral Act Amendment Bill: Senate Backs Down On Overriding Buhari by pieces: 11:31am On Dec 23, 2021
No problem, let's see how it goes. The most educated people in Africa, over to you. See the way north is dribbling the whole country. Personally, I don't trust buhari for anything reasonable for Nigerians.
Re: Electoral Act Amendment Bill: Senate Backs Down On Overriding Buhari by LongT(m): 11:32am On Dec 23, 2021
Rubber stamp senate. Whether the electoral amendment bill is right or wrong, the senate is suppose to be at logger head with the executive. This is no longer a democracy. Have the senate not consult their constituent before the bill was transmitted? As important as this bill is to the free and fair conduct of Nigeria's election, the attitude of the senate towards its amendment is anti democracy. And such must be met with equal and opposite disapproval.

1 Like

Re: Electoral Act Amendment Bill: Senate Backs Down On Overriding Buhari by helinues: 11:32am On Dec 23, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:

I'm a messenger of truth I'm not here to drag relevance with you on Nairaland

Nigerians deserve a good president and Tinubu do not have the quality of a good president

We say No to Tinubu, we say no to corruption.

What moral justification do you have to be calling others corrupt when ordinary on faceless forum, you have said numerous lies.

Imagine this guy would be pretending as if he never understand Igbo language whenever people try to talk to him just to shield his impersonating even for the fact that his mom is from Imo state.

You see all those your lies are been compiled together. This moniker must be sent to the dust bin before the election.

That I can assure you of that

1 Like

Re: Electoral Act Amendment Bill: Senate Backs Down On Overriding Buhari by garfield1: 11:34am On Dec 23, 2021
fergie001:

garfield1

I agree with the last part.pdp should stop wasting their time buhari will impose Hus successor
Re: Electoral Act Amendment Bill: Senate Backs Down On Overriding Buhari by LongT(m): 11:37am On Dec 23, 2021
Please don't leave without due consultation.
Nyanabo:
Consult which constituents abeg The constituents you are far from just as the sky is far from the earth ? That same constituents? Do you know the needs of your constituents?

I knew all along this bill won't become law from the start cause all these corrupt polithiefcians are all against it just for their selfish gain. So they can continue to manipulate results.

They are actually not kicking against direct primaries no that's is just a front.

Anyhow Sha I go soon leave this death trap for una.
Re: Electoral Act Amendment Bill: Senate Backs Down On Overriding Buhari by Nyanabo(m): 11:38am On Dec 23, 2021
LongT:
Please don't leave without due consultation.

Of course not. My plans are legit and self sufficient.
Re: Electoral Act Amendment Bill: Senate Backs Down On Overriding Buhari by PrinceOfLagos: 11:41am On Dec 23, 2021
helinues:

What moral justification do you have to be calling others corrupt when ordinary on faceless forum, you have said numerous lies.

Imagine this guy would be pretending as if he never understand Igbo language whenever people try to talk to him just to shield his impersonating even for the fact that his mom is from Imo state.

You see all those your lies are been compiled together. This moniker must be sent to the dust bin before the election.

That I can assure you of that
I've told everywhere that cared to listen that my dad is Yoruba and mom Igbo ... I've even made countless threads of myself visiting my maternal home so where did I lie ?

I've been so upright in everything I've said and done on Nairaland and I won't stop standing up for what's right for my Nigerian people ..

I won't stop exposing the many atrocities of the Bourdillon bullion van master Nigerian president wannabe, May the gods forbids that Tinubu becomes president of this blessed country.

Nigerians deserve better

3 Likes

Re: Electoral Act Amendment Bill: Senate Backs Down On Overriding Buhari by Mayeldah(m): 11:42am On Dec 23, 2021
Which Nigerians and which constituents are they consulting?

The senate has been bought. We have always said it, Lawan and all other 9th class legislooters are Buhari asslickers.

Rubber stamped Senate without balls.

Saraki, na man you be!

Gbaja and Lawan are weaklings and bootlickers. spits!!!
Re: Electoral Act Amendment Bill: Senate Backs Down On Overriding Buhari by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 11:44am On Dec 23, 2021
It's a welcome development
Re: Electoral Act Amendment Bill: Senate Backs Down On Overriding Buhari by fergie001: 11:45am On Dec 23, 2021
garfield1:

I agree with the last part.pdp should stop wasting their time buhari will impose Hus successor
Is that in contention?

Last month here, I told you that he will decide the next APC National Chairman, his successor but Compulsory direct primaries is gone and there is no over-riding despite your praise for the same man killing the bill, Lawan.
Re: Electoral Act Amendment Bill: Senate Backs Down On Overriding Buhari by Jeezuzpick(m): 11:48am On Dec 23, 2021
Ogbuefi2020:
The northern grand strategy unfolding. The north will be free from blame by making Tinubu's ambition fail naturally

Why should party primaries be included in the electoral act?

What is the concern of internal party politics with our constitution?

If it is Tinubu's ambition that has led to a bid to alter the Nation's constitution, then I am happy that it has failed!

This is the one thing I can applaud Buhari and Lawan for.

Gbaja and his Reps should take a hike!
Re: Electoral Act Amendment Bill: Senate Backs Down On Overriding Buhari by Kirkman: 11:49am On Dec 23, 2021
Ugly spineless fat toad wey nor dey ever get sense. Rubber stamp bastard.

1 Like

Re: Electoral Act Amendment Bill: Senate Backs Down On Overriding Buhari by fubsy: 12:03pm On Dec 23, 2021
Rubber stamp in action.

1 Like

Re: Electoral Act Amendment Bill: Senate Backs Down On Overriding Buhari by garfield1: 12:07pm On Dec 23, 2021
fergie001:

Is that in contention?

Last month here, I told you that he will decide the next APC National Chairman, his successor but Compulsory direct primaries is gone and there is no over-riding despite your praise for the same man killing the bill, Lawan.

I never argued with you about buhari imposing whoever he desires.I only wanted lawan to push for the override and remove the erroneous toga of a rubber stamp on him...whoever buhari decides,it will still come from acn
Re: Electoral Act Amendment Bill: Senate Backs Down On Overriding Buhari by fergie001: 12:08pm On Dec 23, 2021
garfield1:
I never argued with you about buhari imposing whoever he desires.I only wanted lawan to push for the override and remove the erroneous toga of a rubber stamp on him...whoever buhari decides,it will still come from ACN
Now he hasn't surprised you, has he?
Re: Electoral Act Amendment Bill: Senate Backs Down On Overriding Buhari by garfield1: 12:10pm On Dec 23, 2021
fergie001:

Now he hasn't surprised you, has he?

For me,I never saw him as a rubber stamp. He is better than saraki
Re: Electoral Act Amendment Bill: Senate Backs Down On Overriding Buhari by DEROX: 12:14pm On Dec 23, 2021
AchalugoNwa:
grin

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
another blow for Tinubu urchins this early mo mo

chaiiii see as Aboki dey teach sophisticated morrons Tuwo and gworo politics

Tinubu is a criminal drug lord
thunder scatter his criminal nairaland urchins

You want a rubber stamp Senate?
here you go

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
still better than being an inconsequential 5% cheesy cheesy who cant and will never rule
Re: Electoral Act Amendment Bill: Senate Backs Down On Overriding Buhari by galaxy2020(m): 12:14pm On Dec 23, 2021
Rubber stamp mumus....am not surprised
Re: Electoral Act Amendment Bill: Senate Backs Down On Overriding Buhari by AchalugoNwa(f): 12:15pm On Dec 23, 2021
DEROX:
still better than being an inconsequential 5% cheesy cheesy who cant and will never rule
e pain am oooo

Re: Electoral Act Amendment Bill: Senate Backs Down On Overriding Buhari by Handsum64: 12:17pm On Dec 23, 2021
Buhari is immovable
Re: Electoral Act Amendment Bill: Senate Backs Down On Overriding Buhari by DEROX: 12:18pm On Dec 23, 2021
AchalugoNwa:
e pain am oooo
lol it can never because why in the past 16 yrs we have been in aso rock but since 1966 grin grin grin grin make i no talk
Re: Electoral Act Amendment Bill: Senate Backs Down On Overriding Buhari by AchalugoNwa(f): 12:20pm On Dec 23, 2021
[s]
DEROX:
lol it can never because why in the past 16 yrs we have been in aso rock but since 1966 grin grin grin grin make i no talk
[/s]
we dey sell bucket ooo
the tears plenty ooo

Re: Electoral Act Amendment Bill: Senate Backs Down On Overriding Buhari by DEROX: 12:25pm On Dec 23, 2021
AchalugoNwa:
[s][/s]
we dey sell bucket ooo
the tears plenty ooo
grin grin take the L in peace
Re: Electoral Act Amendment Bill: Senate Backs Down On Overriding Buhari by fergie001: 12:29pm On Dec 23, 2021
garfield1:
For me,I never saw him as a rubber stamp. He is better than saraki
Yes...I like the way you put it....For me!
Re: Electoral Act Amendment Bill: Senate Backs Down On Overriding Buhari by Loveurneighbour: 12:56pm On Dec 23, 2021
MondayOsunbor:

Lawan assured them that the President would not be embarrassed.”

this will go for INEC in 2023

INEC will not embarrass buhari

spit
That's politics for you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

ASUU Strike: I'm Shocked Education Ministry, Union Didn't Resolve Crisis - Ngige / Artisans Promise Tinubu 5.3 Million Votes / Welcome To Abia State - the industrial and economic hub of the east.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.