Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,087 members, 7,818,262 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:23 AM

FG Has Established A $73 Million Intervention Fund To Assist Sugar Plantations. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Has Established A $73 Million Intervention Fund To Assist Sugar Plantations. (2476 Views)

Tinubu Approves ₦‎683 Billion As Intervention Fund For Tertiary Institutions / Coronavirus: FG Seeks National Assembly’s Approval For N500bn Intervention Fund / FG Has Reclaimed Back The Senate President Tweeter Handle From Saraki. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Has Established A $73 Million Intervention Fund To Assist Sugar Plantations. by BrandSpurNG: 1:28pm On Dec 23, 2021
The federal government has established a $73 million intervention fund to help develop Nigeria’s sugar sector infrastructure.
The minister of industry, Niyi Adebayo, made the announcement on Monday in Abuja at the formal commissioning of the sugar infrastructure intervention programme titled “Presidential Intervention on Irrigation Infrastructure to Accelerate Sugar Backward Integration Programme Projects.”

Speaking at the event, Adebayo, who represented President Muhammadu Buhari, stated that the intervention fund is intended to help operators of the sugar backward intervention programme develop irrigation facilities on 10,000 hectares of sugar plantation.

“I represented the President this morning at the formal commissioning of the Presidential project on irrigation infrastructure,” Adebayo said. “The intervention is the establishment of a $73 million irrigation intervention fund for sugar backward intervention program operators.”

“The goal is to support the development of irrigation infrastructure on 10,000 hectares of sugar plantations in Numan, Adamawa State, Sumti, Niger State, Lafiagi, Kwara State, Bacita, Kwara State, and Toto and Tunga, both in Nasarawa State.”

Adebayo stated that the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) would provide the project with the necessary funding.

“The Central Bank of Nigeria is also involved in providing the necessary funding for the project,” he added.

According to the minister, the program’s goal is to increase Nigeria’s sugar yield in order for the country to become a self-sustaining producer of sugar.

“The goal is to significantly increase sugar yield so that we can work within the master plan of the National Sugar Development Plan, with the goal of Nigeria becoming self-sufficient in sugar production and possibly becoming a net exporter of sugar, thus saving the country a large amount of money.”

SOURCE:https://brandspurng.com/2021/12/23/fg-has-established-a-73-million-intervention-fund-to-assist-sugar-plantations/

Re: FG Has Established A $73 Million Intervention Fund To Assist Sugar Plantations. by Itohanmiwa: 5:02am On Dec 24, 2021
Nice one from the federal govt. Always making plans and preparing for the future of this our great country. God bless every lover of Nigeria. If any of your parent are still alive please endeavor to make out time for them in their old age and make them happy as much as you can. Don't wait for millions to make them happy. Engage them in discussions they love and enjoy talking about even if you don't enjoy such discussions. That alone can help give them a breathe of fresh air even without you knowing. Money is less important and family is everything. God bless us all.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Has Established A $73 Million Intervention Fund To Assist Sugar Plantations. by Frestuffng: 5:04am On Dec 24, 2021
for abokis right?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Has Established A $73 Million Intervention Fund To Assist Sugar Plantations. by dkdmy: 5:04am On Dec 24, 2021
This country is a joke! What kind of factory will cost 73 million dollars

Assuming Naria to dollar is 450
73 million times 450 = 32,850,000,000 Naria

Kilode cry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Has Established A $73 Million Intervention Fund To Assist Sugar Plantations. by Lalami3232(m): 5:06am On Dec 24, 2021
If to say the government dey use just 30% of the money wey dem dey embezzle daily for this con3, 9ja for be the Dubai of Africa. But here we are claiming lion of Africa but in reality, we be the mosquitoes of Africa. If to say swear and karma dey work, I no sure say any 9ja politician for reach 50yrs oooo, but the reverse is the case. Dem dey live old and healthy while the innocent masses dey die early and young. Laslas, who fit comot this con3 should do so now oooo.

I don talk am before and I go talk am again, "the day I go mistakenly born girl pikin, I go *****"

1 Like

Re: FG Has Established A $73 Million Intervention Fund To Assist Sugar Plantations. by chiedu7: 5:08am On Dec 24, 2021
For the North i bet
Frestuffng:
for abokis right?
I suspect too

4 Likes

Re: FG Has Established A $73 Million Intervention Fund To Assist Sugar Plantations. by jef131: 5:08am On Dec 24, 2021
Another supports For dangote

4 Likes

Re: FG Has Established A $73 Million Intervention Fund To Assist Sugar Plantations. by padi94(m): 5:12am On Dec 24, 2021
My guys Una eye don open on this guy shenanigans

4 Likes

Re: FG Has Established A $73 Million Intervention Fund To Assist Sugar Plantations. by JUSTASLIP: 5:13am On Dec 24, 2021
Good news
Re: FG Has Established A $73 Million Intervention Fund To Assist Sugar Plantations. by Caboceer: 5:13am On Dec 24, 2021
dkdmy:

Kilode cry

i'm sure it's a rolling fund. For Dangote tho...so I doubt it' going to do anyone much good, aprt from the Great Monopolist

3 Likes

Re: FG Has Established A $73 Million Intervention Fund To Assist Sugar Plantations. by helinues: 7:12am On Dec 24, 2021
Well that's not bad. Only if the right people would get their fair share out of the money
Re: FG Has Established A $73 Million Intervention Fund To Assist Sugar Plantations. by johnjay4u2u(m): 8:34am On Dec 24, 2021
Medium scale farmers need more of such help.
The last time I checked, it's the so called billionaires that run sugar plantations in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: FG Has Established A $73 Million Intervention Fund To Assist Sugar Plantations. by l69l: 9:45am On Dec 24, 2021
Where can I get my Share
Re: FG Has Established A $73 Million Intervention Fund To Assist Sugar Plantations. by juman(m): 9:48am On Dec 24, 2021
The fund they would not be able to reach.
Re: FG Has Established A $73 Million Intervention Fund To Assist Sugar Plantations. by Agricmoney(m): 11:06am On Dec 24, 2021
Good one.

Anyway, Agriculture is life
Re: FG Has Established A $73 Million Intervention Fund To Assist Sugar Plantations. by seyz91(m): 12:40pm On Dec 24, 2021
cheesy
dkdmy:

Kilode cry
Re: FG Has Established A $73 Million Intervention Fund To Assist Sugar Plantations. by jaiyeorie: 5:03pm On Dec 24, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSlMnqMHFek
Abiodun is not well o - Toke Makinwa vs Falz How much?

(1) (Reply)

Atiku Is Not Considering Igbos After 22 Years Servitude / CNN Describes Tinubu As Regional Politician Credits Obi As Better Alternative / Lagos State To Be Free From Bondage At Last!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.