Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,919 members, 7,817,691 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:26 PM

Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank (50970 Views)

Abdulsamad Rabiu Becomes Nigeria’s Second Richest Man, Now Worth $7.2 Billion / CBN Licences Titan Trust Bank, TAJ Bank And Globus Bank / INNOSON: FIDELITY Bank Takes Advantage Of Gtb's Predicament - Pic. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by GboyegaD(m): 5:46pm On Dec 23, 2021
Good for the bank.
Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by Nobody: 5:46pm On Dec 23, 2021
Something is earnestly wrong with this Pensioner's bank.

They've been waltzing from one bleak moment to the other lately.

And to think I've been considering opening my next account with them. Make I pause small abeg! Make I no experience repeat of wetin Diamond bank been do me for this life!
Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by marsup: 5:46pm On Dec 23, 2021
Didn't even know Union bank was still in existence. shocked

2 Likes

Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by seyz91(m): 5:46pm On Dec 23, 2021
cheesy
MRDEE01:
Lizard swallow crocodile.
Soon LAPO will take over CBN in this country

1 Like

Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by NGArmyTerrorist: 5:46pm On Dec 23, 2021
See what that thing you people voted for is doing to businesses. Nothing is working! Everything had been turned upside down

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by EmekaBlue(m): 5:47pm On Dec 23, 2021
Good kinda

With their old staffs and poor banking service if u go there bank sha

God help us o....especially those who will loose their job

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by Pharaoh4rin(m): 5:47pm On Dec 23, 2021
Faller:
Any day wey I go break my Kolo, the next day I dey go take over Access Bank,

They want to kill my inner man with unexplained debit...

If you think access bank is billing you, try zenith

1 Like

Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by Nten: 5:47pm On Dec 23, 2021
Ok this one is not merger ó
Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by juman(m): 5:48pm On Dec 23, 2021
Union bank also disappear. That was my former bank. I had one hundred percent trust in.
Soon first bank would disappear.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by ipobarethieves: 5:48pm On Dec 23, 2021
sad watching FBN/ECOBANK with my 3rd eyes sha

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by nerd004: 5:48pm On Dec 23, 2021
When will the most fraustrating bank in the universe be taken over.....

Unity Bank is Fake
Unity Bank deserves to be closed
Unity Bank is a pain in the neck

Poor bank app Poor customer service

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by MrMcJay(m): 5:50pm On Dec 23, 2021
Barthlomew Ebong and Co destroyed Union Bank

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by edoairways: 5:50pm On Dec 23, 2021
iboboyswag:
The third transfer of ownership in 10years. Something really is amiss.

This is by far Nigeria's biggest bank by asset but liquidity issues continues to be their albatross.

In other news, there is a need for the new management as a matter of urgent importance to show leadership in driving innovative solutions that can push sales through the various customer segments with particular emphasis on the youth segment of the market.

This would require a conscious rebranding in its operations, communications and marketing business units, supported by a robust IT infrastructure to handle the demands of today's banking needs.

There is still a viable banking customer base in Nigeria. The unbanked in semi-urban and rural areas and the large cache of disgruntled customers of most of the banks are potent prospects the bank can leverage.

The bank needs to grow and sustain its ability to generate liquidity as no amount of foreign capital inflow would sustain it for long, if it is not carving it's share of the market.

Just my two cents wey no body ask me.
You deserve a bottle of champagne

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by lunacol(m): 5:50pm On Dec 23, 2021
Eco Bank is monitoring the situation.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by edoairways: 5:51pm On Dec 23, 2021
ipobarethieves:
Especially the bolded one

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by owolabi5: 5:51pm On Dec 23, 2021
CAR PAPERS
Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by ige101(m): 5:52pm On Dec 23, 2021
MRDEE01:

Haha, u won't kill me here. Even. LAPO is stronger and well positioned compared to some banks. They just don't want to become a full fledged bank yet.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by fitinwell: 5:52pm On Dec 23, 2021
Titan welcome ooo
Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by emmykk(m): 5:53pm On Dec 23, 2021
iboboyswag:
The third transfer of ownership in 10years. Something really is amiss.

This is by far Nigeria's biggest bank by asset but liquidity issues continues to be their albatross.

In other news, there is a need for the new management as a matter of urgent importance to show leadership in driving innovative solutions that can push sales through the various customer segments with particular emphasis on the youth segment of the market.

This would require a conscious rebranding in its operations, communications and marketing business units, supported by a robust IT infrastructure to handle the demands of today's banking needs.

There is still a viable banking customer base in Nigeria. The unbanked in semi-urban and rural areas and the large cache of disgruntled customers of most of the banks are potent prospects the bank can leverage.

The bank needs to grow and sustain its ability to generate liquidity as no amount of foreign capital inflow would sustain it for long, if it is not carving it's share of the market.

Just my two cents wey no body ask me.

This is more than two cent

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by iboboyswag(m): 5:54pm On Dec 23, 2021
grin grin grin grin

Thanks.

edoairways:

You deserve a bottle of champagne
Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by Generalkorex(m): 5:57pm On Dec 23, 2021
Mood11:
I will not allow Access Bank to kill me with debits, transferring assets to Piggybank soon.
Try STAndard chartered bank. Download the app

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by Tranquility2345: 5:58pm On Dec 23, 2021
chyzoo4u:
I listened to one Fr. Mbaka message some years ago on how the bank will get problem.

Do anyone remember?

That was him stating the fking obvious. Come on man God gave us brains for a reason. To think….

5 Likes

Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by erinatso: 5:58pm On Dec 23, 2021
EdoFirstBorn:
Oh well

Alot of akwa ibom ladies who kept their jobs only via laying on their back and opening their legs are about to return to the full time prostitution work they naturally inclined for culturally.

At least it may drive down the price of short time... undecided
family people don useless This one finish. see how he dey carry him frustration come nairaland

2 Likes

Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by Kingzy4pep(m): 6:01pm On Dec 23, 2021
Mko123:
How much does the masses have that they would try commenting on this thread?

Nairalanders will skip this thread like leprosy
LOL.. Because the thread is not about Tonto and bobrisky.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by HELLASJ(m): 6:02pm On Dec 23, 2021
Okay! Big congratulations to titan bank in other news our darling Nation is crushing the economy making it hard for businesses to survive.
Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by Kingzy4pep(m): 6:02pm On Dec 23, 2021
alabi484:
Saw it coming
You nor see anything bro.. Nor carry lie enter newyear sha

1 Like

Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by mocipe: 6:03pm On Dec 23, 2021
Rebuke:

Lol. Someone like me. Honestly, I am just learning about them here.

Titan abi titanic bank, hope it won't sink our money, na that one concern me and make dem no come dey call us say make we come update our account.

I don't think its possible for any Nigerian bank to run away with customers money. So don't be afeared grin

Let's see how it goes anyways.

1 Like

Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by Kingzy4pep(m): 6:03pm On Dec 23, 2021
How is Heritage Bank even surviving? I don't know anyone who uses it and nobody has ever given me that bank details to transfer money to yet they're still standing.
People call it Government bank, I'm beginning to believe there's something about that bank.

3 Likes

Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by edoairways: 6:05pm On Dec 23, 2021
Last year i heard Access Bank had taken over Union Bank which they later denied. Now it's a relatively unknown Titan (abi na Champion) Trust Bank that is taking over. I hope they won't deny it again because Union Bank needs revitalization. By the way, Titan sounds like Titanic, may the name not make the bank sink like the classical Titanic Ship of 1912.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by iboboyswag(m): 6:10pm On Dec 23, 2021
emmykk:

This is more than two cent

True... I just couldn't help it. The bank holds a lot for potential for the right buyer. I wish I was buying at this time.
Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by nograv: 6:11pm On Dec 23, 2021
MRDEE01:

Exactly..

Explain how a bank founded in 2018 managed to acquire a 107 year old veteran commercial bank??

Where did it even get the capital from??

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by Nobody: 6:12pm On Dec 23, 2021
ipobarethieves:

Ecobank is more of a pan African than Nigerian bank

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Naira Exchange Rates Today / See Why The Naira May Fall To The Dollar At #1000/$ / How Can Somebody Be Selling Catapult For A Living

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.