Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,639 members, 7,823,809 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:46 PM

Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank (50997 Views)

Abdulsamad Rabiu Becomes Nigeria’s Second Richest Man, Now Worth $7.2 Billion / CBN Licences Titan Trust Bank, TAJ Bank And Globus Bank / INNOSON: FIDELITY Bank Takes Advantage Of Gtb's Predicament - Pic. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by treatise: 6:15pm On Dec 23, 2021
Faller:
Any day wey I go break my Kolo, the next day I dey go take over Access Bank,

They want to kill my inner man with unexplained debit...

abeg i no dey try anything,,,, Access Bank is killing my inner man, so you want Zenith to kill my outer man as well......No thank you...At least make one of those men still remain...

At Access, my Visa card was blocked and no other card linked to the account but every quarter, I am debited for service charge on Verve card. Quest for mega profit could be the reason.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by eminikansoso(m): 6:15pm On Dec 23, 2021
iboboyswag:
The third transfer of ownership in 10years. Something really is amiss.

This is by far Nigeria's biggest bank by asset but liquidity issues continues to be their albatross.

In other news, there is a need for the new management as a matter of urgent importance to show leadership in driving innovative solutions that can push sales through the various customer segments with particular emphasis on the youth segment of the market.

This would require a conscious rebranding in its operations, communications and marketing business units, supported by a robust IT infrastructure to handle the demands of today's banking needs.

There is still a viable banking customer base in Nigeria. The unbanked in semi-urban and rural areas and the large cache of disgruntled customers of most of the banks are potent prospects the bank can leverage.

The bank needs to grow and sustain its ability to generate liquidity as no amount of foreign capital inflow would sustain it for long, if it is not carving it's share of the market.

Just my two cents wey no body ask me.
There liquidity is very poor and mostly their revenues were consumed by current expenditures.
Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by Ayo081(m): 6:16pm On Dec 23, 2021
Bugatie:
Big ups to the management of Titan Trust Bank, that’s an unexpected master stroke from them.

Honestly!
Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by Felixwills: 6:18pm On Dec 23, 2021
You are a tribal bigot. Pls repent it's 8days to 2021

EdoFirstBorn:
Oh well

Alot of akwa ibom ladies who kept their jobs only via laying on their back and opening their legs are about to return to the full time prostitution work they naturally inclined for culturally.

At least it may drive down the price of short time... undecided

1 Like

Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by rainlover(m): 6:18pm On Dec 23, 2021
Righteousness28
Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by PHIPEX(m): 6:18pm On Dec 23, 2021
So will this come with a change of name, if yes who is changing Titan or Union??
Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by EdoFirstBorn(m): 6:18pm On Dec 23, 2021
[s]
erinatso:
family people don useless This one finish. see how he dey carry him frustration come nairaland
[/s]

Let me guess, you are from Akwa Ibom right ?

No wonder
Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by EdoFirstBorn(m): 6:19pm On Dec 23, 2021
Felixwills:
You are a tribal bigot. Pls repent it's 8days to 2021

Okay Akwa Ibomite

1 Like

Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by joeking2222: 6:21pm On Dec 23, 2021
Zico5:
Chai, so Union Bank want to go the way of Oceanic bank, Bank PHB, Intercontinental bank just to mention a few. To be sincere, no bank is strong in this country. I remember how these liquidated banks used to flex then. Gone are the days o
U see that BANK PHB, na their sweet sweet ADVERTS make me love dew dat year!!! Dem sabi run adverts wey dey burst brain.
Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by iboboyswag(m): 6:25pm On Dec 23, 2021
eminikansoso:

There liquidity is very poor and mostly their revenues were consumed by current expenditures.

Yes... And that's because they have refused or rather have not been successful in changing the public perception of the brand.

The management has a lot of work to do but the least effort for max reward should be rebranding communications and improving service delivery particularly with respect to products offerings and improved reliability of service channels.

They have to cut down debt as well but that should be medium term as their creditors would be more agreeable when they see real progress (not balance sheet American wonder)

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by Nobody: 6:26pm On Dec 23, 2021
Why are the management not prosecuted for corruption in these banks that gives out bad loans?

1 Like

Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by purplekayc(m): 6:28pm On Dec 23, 2021
Titan trust?
Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by DimIsaac10(m): 6:30pm On Dec 23, 2021
EdoFirstBorn:
Oh well

Alot of akwa ibom ladies who kept their jobs only via laying on their back and opening their legs are about to return to the full time prostitution work they naturally inclined for culturally.

N funny enough you are from Edo state.

1 Like

Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by PNomsule: 6:30pm On Dec 23, 2021
iboboyswag:

This is by far Nigeria's biggest bank by asset but liquidity issues continues to be their albatross.

In other news, there is a need for the new management as a matter of urgent importance to show leadership in driving innovative solutions that can push sales through the various customer segments with particular emphasis on the youth segment of the market.

This would require a conscious rebranding in its operations, communications and marketing business units, supported by a robust IT infrastructure to handle the demands of today's banking needs.

There is still a viable banking customer base in Nigeria. The unbanked in semi-urban and rural areas and the large cache of disgruntled customers of most of the banks are potent prospects the bank can leverage.

The bank needs to grow and sustain its ability to generate liquidity as no amount of foreign capital inflow would sustain it for long, if it is not carving it's share of the market.

You could make for a consultant you know
Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by Adakintroy: 6:31pm On Dec 23, 2021
Him no easy. Una try for the yrs. Him no easy to run this distance.
Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by EdoFirstBorn(m): 6:35pm On Dec 23, 2021
DimIsaac10:

N funny enough you are from Edo state.

Meaning what? Have some guys and speak up !! Meaning what? undecided
Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by digitite: 6:35pm On Dec 23, 2021
Welcome to the era of digital banking.
Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by Newtonis: 6:35pm On Dec 23, 2021
EdoFirstBorn:
Oh well

Does this really make sense to you? Or you want to be noticed?
Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by DimIsaac10(m): 6:37pm On Dec 23, 2021
EdoFirstBorn:

Meaning what? Have some guys and speak up !! Meaning what? undecided
Since you are from Edo state, there is no point talking. Edo state insulting Akwa Ibom state. What shall we not hear.

2 Likes

Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by iboboyswag(m): 6:39pm On Dec 23, 2021
PNomsule:

You could make for a consultant you know

Thank you... I am humbled.
Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by alfredilly: 6:39pm On Dec 23, 2021
yimikaa:
Union Bank.

Big, strong reliable..

Wetin come happen

This bank use to be a leading first generation bank in the 90s. My uncle M. O. Neri was the assistant general manager until his death in 1997. Only one Aboki man was ahead of him probably due to military hegemony. My uncle was the the real brain driving the corporation. His office was located at 40 Marina in Lagos. The bank has never been the same ever since. They probably failed to compete with the digitized first generation ban

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by JaskanFactor: 6:42pm On Dec 23, 2021
iboboyswag:

Have you ever heard of Noah's Ark

Have you ever seen The Eye of Africa on google map, its near the Atlas Mountains in Mauritania , Eye of Africa is also secretly known as Atlantis , or the remains of Atlantis . Eye of Africa is on goggle map.

Did you know that Olumo Rock is a very ancient statue of woman laying down, built at a time when technology on earth was far superior to what we have now. People think Olumo rock is natural mountain cause its so huge. But it man made .

Did you know most of the aircraft used today, like 747 are copies from ancient times.

Have you ever heard of BlackKnight space satellite , discovered in space a century ago by Nichola Tesla , it s been in space for thousands of years, left behind by ancient civilisations.

By the way did you know that cats and snakes are cousins, about the only two animals i know that hisssssss and have some levitation , not to mention they have similar eyes. Thats why cats are far more flexible than say dogs. Cats are serpents with legs.

Have you ever tried taking deep breaths whilst laying on the ground looking perpendicular at the sky.

No, UBA does not need rebranding that's for sleeping people , but some great people need to wakeup
Cause that other game has no context, it has no reality. I left it behind with my suit, tie and the city, cause the birds and the bees are making far more sense.

I thought they was joking when they said there is nothing new under the sun, did not know they really meant it, as far back as 1 million years.
Please dont rebrand UBA , just a take a deep breath in its stead.

eyi ti a wa lo si Sokoto, ase apo sokoto lowa.

1 Like

Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by Nobody: 6:46pm On Dec 23, 2021
iboboyswag:

The average Nigerian won't understand what you commented.

That's why you got only 3 likes. They prefer to like silly comments.

4 Likes

Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by kolexy(m): 6:50pm On Dec 23, 2021
Geeman2006:
Tunde Lemo. Former deputy Governor of CBN.
It's alright. The hustle continues.

I think Tunde Lemo is just a figure heard Chairman. The real owners of Titan Trust Bank are noy known, at least to the public. But I suspect some folks up north.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by milkymesh: 6:56pm On Dec 23, 2021
You mean that political prophet in Enugu? grin grin grin

chyzoo4u:
I listened to one Fr. Mbaka message some years ago on how the bank will get problem.

Do anyone remember?
Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by Yankee101: 6:58pm On Dec 23, 2021
Tunde Lemo from Wema Bank to Union Bank?

Ok now. Where the money come from?
Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by EdoFirstBorn(m): 6:58pm On Dec 23, 2021
[s]
DimIsaac10:

Since you are from Edo state, there is no point talking.
Edo state insulting Akwa Ibom state.
What shall we not hear.

[/s]

Okay I am not going to pay you any mind henceforth.

Be gone
Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by Tundex911: 6:59pm On Dec 23, 2021
Bubu administration again

Smh
Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by Twoclans(f): 7:01pm On Dec 23, 2021
kolexy:

I think Tunde Lemo is just a figure heard Chairman. The real owners of Titan Trust Bank are noy known, at least to the public. But I suspect some folks up north.

The real owner of titan bank is Emefiele.

A giant like union bank going down for a titan bank.It is expected sha When you have staff that have worked for 50 years in union bank what do we expect.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

See Why The Naira May Fall To The Dollar At #1000/$ / How Access Bank And The Court Helped Me To Recover My Money From A Fraudster!!! / How Can Somebody Be Selling Catapult For A Living

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.