Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,223 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:22 AM

Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank (50967 Views)

Abdulsamad Rabiu Becomes Nigeria’s Second Richest Man, Now Worth $7.2 Billion / CBN Licences Titan Trust Bank, TAJ Bank And Globus Bank / INNOSON: FIDELITY Bank Takes Advantage Of Gtb's Predicament - Pic. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by Kobicove(m): 7:03pm On Dec 23, 2021
Rebuke:
Like seriously? Well, if our money is safe no wahala.

No wonder they didn't wish me happy birthday this year. Only dem no send me happy birthday message this year, maybe dem don exhaust their airtime ni cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

grin

2 Likes

Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by DimIsaac10(m): 7:03pm On Dec 23, 2021
EdoFirstBorn:

Okay I am not going to pay you any mind henceforth.

Be gone

A simple advice to you doh...
Just because you know some simpleton in a state, that should not make you generalize it as what the full state does. We have hard working females also in Akwa Ibom.

Just like having enough ragamuffins in Edo state whose major aim is to go to Italy and Libya as prostitutes...
That does not mean we don't have hard working females in Edo state.

1 Like

Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by osteenbush(m): 7:03pm On Dec 23, 2021
Impressive, I didn't see this coming at all. Who would have thought that a young bank like TTB will swallow up union Bank.
Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by EdoFirstBorn(m): 7:06pm On Dec 23, 2021
[s]
DimIsaac10:

A simple advice to you doh...
Just because you know some simpleton in a state, that should not make you generalize it as what the full state does. We have hard working females also in Akwa Ibom.

Just like having enough ragamuffins in Edo state whose major aim is to go to Italy and Libya as prostitutes...
That does not mean we don't have hard working females in Edo state.
[/s]

That was media propaganda against Edo state.. 99% of the girls in Italy claiming to be from Edo state are not !!!!!!! They are form Akwa Ibom mostly angry

Get your facts right before talking rubbish
Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by DigitB: 7:08pm On Dec 23, 2021
They should change the name after the transfer biko. We're tired of that name
Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by welis1(m): 7:10pm On Dec 23, 2021
Its time they wake up and smart up
Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by Pharaoh4rin(m): 7:11pm On Dec 23, 2021
Faller:
Any day wey I go break my Kolo, the next day I dey go take over Access Bank,

They want to kill my inner man with unexplained debit...

abeg i no dey try anything,,,, Access Bank is killing my inner man, so you want Zenith to kill my outer man as well......No thank you...At least make one of those men still remain...

Hahahahahah... You're so 4kin funny
Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by Charli3benkz(m): 7:11pm On Dec 23, 2021
MRDEE01:
Lizard swallow crocodile.
Soon LAPO will take over CBN in this country
grin grin grin
Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by DimIsaac10(m): 7:12pm On Dec 23, 2021
EdoFirstBorn:
[s][/s]

That was media propaganda against Edo state.. 99% of the girls in Italy claiming to be from Edo state are not !!!!!!! They are form Akwa Ibom mostly angry

Get your facts right before talking rubbish
Oboy go sit down..
. See this one. State wei I stay for 7 years..
Occultic state, prostitute state. Go sit down jawe... Na Akwa girls dey stay for Ekosodin nau.. You better get sense make I no begin dey expose Edo. Your mum even carry you dey call out Akwa Ibom, you be real ozuor..

1 Like

Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by EdoFirstBorn(m): 7:13pm On Dec 23, 2021
DimIsaac10:

Oboy go sit down..
. See this one. State wei I stay for 7 years..
Occultic state, prostitute state. Go sit down jawe... Na Akwa girls dey stay for Ekosodin nau.. You better get sense make I no begin dey expose Edo. Your mum even carry you dey call out Akwa Ibom, you be real ozuor..

Seems you are an mpuru miri addict? Are you sure you are normal?!!

Wait you are from Akwa Ibom right ? No wonder
I will better argue with a dog than you guys..

Bye
Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by DimIsaac10(m): 7:16pm On Dec 23, 2021
EdoFirstBorn:

Seems you are an mpuru miri addict? Are you sure you are normal?!!
Wait you are from Akwa Ibom right ? No wonder I will better argue with a dog than you guys..
Bye
War boat
Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by onegig(m): 7:19pm On Dec 23, 2021
iboboyswag:
The third transfer of ownership in 10years. Something really is amiss.

This is by far Nigeria's biggest bank by asset but liquidity issues continues to be their albatross.

In other news, there is a need for the new management as a matter of urgent importance to show leadership in driving innovative solutions that can push sales through the various customer segments with particular emphasis on the youth segment of the market.

This would require a conscious rebranding in its operations, communications and marketing business units, supported by a robust IT infrastructure to handle the demands of today's banking needs.

There is still a viable banking customer base in Nigeria. The unbanked in semi-urban and rural areas and the large cache of disgruntled customers of most of the banks are potent prospects the bank can leverage.

The bank needs to grow and sustain its ability to generate liquidity as no amount of foreign capital inflow would sustain it for long, if it is not carving it's share of the market.

Just my two cents wey no body ask me.

Doubt anything was wrong with them just their understanding of the problems and the way they approached resolving it.

Personally i think they just tried way too much to innovate and bring in young people and that really didn't work because they half assed it. No one cares how young your tellers and analysts are if that doesn't turn out to innovative products. For example, look at their mobile banking app. Other Banks like Gtb, Zenith , Access had sleek platforms that ran on very fast and intuitive platforms as far back as 2011 or even earlier.

Union bank for all the wrong reasons in the world opted for an etranzact based platform. I have never had a good time with etranzact and it didn't take me more than 3 weeks to dump the Union Bank account and app i opened some 3 to 4 years ago. To buy recharge cards was war, sometimes checking balance or making transfers was hectic as the service was always offline or just threw up errors. Also the GUI was extremely basic and wasn't user friendly.

Also go to NYSC camps, universities and other higher institutions, Union bank is non existent. Those are the next generation of the labour force , how are they tapping into such markets? In the last one year I can't remember ever sending money to a Union Bank account and i do lots of transactions. Even Old Banks like Wema have levelled up and changed that "old skool" perception about their brand.

We all know 95% of Nigerian Banks are more into retail banking and not investment in the real sector of the economy so I doubt where Union was expecting to make money from.

Hopefully the new investors would be able to steer the bank to the right direction. Leaner overhead and more remote products.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by membranus: 7:19pm On Dec 23, 2021
JaskanFactor:

Have you ever heard of Noah's Ark

Have you ever seen The Eye of Africa on google map, its near the Atlas Mountains in Mauritania , Eye of Africa is also secretly known as Atlantis , or the remains of Atlantis . Eye of Africa is on goggle map.

Did you know that Olumo Rock is a very ancient statue of woman laying down, built at a time when technology on earth was far superior to what we have now. People think Olumo rock is natural mountain cause its so huge. But it man made .

Did you know most of the aircraft used today, like 747 are copies from ancient times.

Have you ever heard of BlackKnight space satellite , discovered in space a century ago by Nichola Tesla , it s been in space for thousands of years, left behind by ancient civilisations.

By the way did you know that cats and snakes are cousins, about the only two animals i know that hisssssss and have some levitation , not to mention they have similar eyes. Thats why cats are far more flexible than say dogs. Cats are serpents with legs.

Have you ever tried taking deep breaths whilst laying on the ground looking perpendicular at the sky.

No, UBA does not need rebranding that's for sleeping people , but some great people need to wakeup
Cause that other game has no context, it has no reality. I left it behind with my suit, tie and the city, cause the birds and the bees are making far more sense.

I thought they was joking when they said there is nothing new under the sun, did not know they really meant it, as far back as 1 million years.
Please dont rebrand UBA , just a take a deep breath in its stead.

eyi ti a wa lo si Sokoto, ase apo sokoto lowa.

Keep it up, you are on right track.

Very soon Stephen Hawking will be envying you from the grave.
Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by Caseless: 7:20pm On Dec 23, 2021
Rebuke:

Lol. Someone like me. Honestly, I am just learning about them here.

Titan abi titanic bank, hope it won't sink our money, na that one concern me and make dem no come dey call us say make we come update our account.

is this about takeover or taking a huge investment share? I need to hear more. This is not like direct acquisition like in other cases.

Let's see what happens in the days ahead.

Union Bank looks good though. I'm enjoying them sha.

1 Like

Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by Reference(m): 7:24pm On Dec 23, 2021
Mood11:
I will not allow Access Bank to kill me with debits, transferring assets to Piggybank soon.

grin....for a moment I honestly was wondering at a new bank hitting our shores.... then it hit me..... grin
The way you stated the PiggyBank brand.... with the authority of an ad expert.
Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by Oritna94(m): 7:25pm On Dec 23, 2021
Which one be Titan bank again. I never heard of them.
Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by Reference(m): 7:28pm On Dec 23, 2021
Mko123:
How much does the masses have that they would try commenting on this thread?
Nairalanders will skip this thread like leprosy

Hmmm... yeah.
With the report that... was it 95 percent of depositors (the citizens of Nigeria by extension) hold/have no more than $1,000 in their checking accounts.... sympotomatic of WASP.... Widespread And Serious Poverty.
Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by iboboyswag(m): 7:28pm On Dec 23, 2021
onegig:

Doubt anything was wrong with them just their understanding of the problems and the way they approached resolving it.

Personally i think they just tried way too much to innovate and bring in young people and that really didn't work because they half assed it. No one cares how young your tellers and analysts are if that doesn't turn out to innovative products. For example, look at their mobile banking app. Other Banks like Gtb, Zenith , Access had sleek platforms that ran on very fast and intuitive platforms as far back as 2011 or even earlier.

Union bank for all the wrong reasons in the world opted for an etranzact based platform. I have never had a good time with etranzact and it didn't take me more than 3 weeks to dump the Union Bank account and app i opened some 3 to 4 years ago. To buy recharge cards was war, sometimes checking balance or making transfers was hectic as the service was always offline or just threw up errors. Also the GUI was extremely basic and wasn't user friendly.

Also go to NYSC camps, universities and other higher institutions, Union bank is non existent. Those are the next generation of the labour force , how are they tapping into such markets? In the last one year I can't remember ever sending money to a Union Bank account and i do lots of transactions. Even Old Banks like Wema have levelled up and changed that "old skool" perception about their brand.

We all know 95% of Nigerian Banks are more into retail banking and not investment in the real sector of the economy so I doubt where Union was expecting to make money from.

Hopefully the new investors would be able to try their hands .

This is real customer feedback and insight here.

I agree with you 100%. The bolded are very instructive.

2 Likes

Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by Cognitivereason: 7:30pm On Dec 23, 2021
Aswearugad
Kingzy4pep:
How is Heritage Bank even surviving? I don't know anyone who uses it and nobody has ever given me that bank details to transfer money to yet they're still standing.
People call it Government bank, I'm beginning to believe there's something about that bank.
Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by Reference(m): 7:30pm On Dec 23, 2021
Oritna94:
Which one be Titan bank again. I never heard of them.

....Musical chairs.... same ol, same ol.
Union Bank is caught out when the music stopped abruptly while other players took refuge.
Look at the names of the Nigerian front officers.... same Captains, different ship to be sunk....

1 Like

Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by CaptainFM1: 7:41pm On Dec 23, 2021
They will get issue with GTB regarding that Orange colour.
Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by Caseless: 7:43pm On Dec 23, 2021
onegig:

Hopefully the new investors would be able to try their hands .
they did a lot of rebranding.

The app part is true. I did an update and I was locked out of it and to reset the password I needed my main line which was missing at that point in time. To do a welcome back, I needed my NID card which was also not available. God intervened that day as I was in a hurry to make some payments to exceed the daily limits on all platforms combined. I needed a token hardware.

I come hate them that day. They've been a reliable bank for me through. I can't still buy airtime from that app since they did their last upgrade. It won't just come. I only use the 826 which was also down at some point.

2 Likes

Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by noisy45(m): 7:58pm On Dec 23, 2021
Cmanforall:
Let them wait o

I thought that union bank will never be sold

With this, it's possible First Bank will likely be sold in the future

That one nah CBN get first bank o
Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by abuhari: 8:01pm On Dec 23, 2021
I saw it coming since, why not allowed zenith or access to take it over since they have shows their interest. Nothing kill that bank is only bad leaders and tribalism. I fully understood what I'm saying. In served 13 years on the bank. Rip union bank

1 Like

Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by watchindelta(m): 8:15pm On Dec 23, 2021
Titan bank not hear of it before oh,
Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by onegig(m): 8:16pm On Dec 23, 2021
Caseless:

The app part is true. I did an update and I was locked out of it and to reset the password I needed my main line which was missing at that point in time. To do a welcome back, I needed my NID card which was also not available. God intervened that day as I was in a hurry to make some payments to exceed the daily limits on all platforms combined. I needed a token hardware.

I come hate them that day. They've been a reliable bank for me through. I can't still buy airtime from that app since they did their last upgrade. It won't just come. I only use the 826 which was also down at some point.

The above mirrors some of my challenges with them. I only used them then when i needed to do transactions that needed visiting a bank branch since i knew they would have the least queue. grin

They needed to understand that the current generation are extremely impatient and want things on the go. They don't care for brand loyalty and history. So recurrent hitches is a big turn off and the little customers they have would move business.

3 Likes

Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by iboboyswag(m): 8:17pm On Dec 23, 2021
Caseless:

SMH... But 10years was too long a time not to know what to do except the bank was to the owners what Man U was (or rather is) to the Glazers.
Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by prophetfire: 8:35pm On Dec 23, 2021
backbencher:

Union Bank's problems predate the mannequin's arrival in Aso rock

Like since 2009
. Mannequin borrowed money from them to buy nomination forms according to him. Anything he touches, goes brown. Union Bank don collect.

1 Like

Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by Ifesinachi22(m): 8:43pm On Dec 23, 2021
Oceanic bank,
Finbank,
Afribank,
Intercontinental bank,
Bank PHB,
Skyebank.

Now Union Bank.

Where did all these banks go to please?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by sirp9898(m): 8:45pm On Dec 23, 2021
China is taking over
Re: Titan Trust Bank Takes Over Union Bank, Nigeria's Second Oldest Bank by pricklewane: 8:47pm On Dec 23, 2021
I am just telling Igbo ladies have gone beserk whoring their destiny soul n future all away in Lagos now. It seems you are deaf. That Akwa Ibom ladies are LovePeddler is old news, Igbos are the new LovePeddler. They have all LovePeddler their destiny away just log on instagram tinder to confirm.

EdoFirstBorn:

Okay thanks for the information. Now back to the topic , Akwa ibom ladies are whòre ..they are genetically wired to be whòres ...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Naira Exchange Rates Today / See Why The Naira May Fall To The Dollar At #1000/$ / How Can Somebody Be Selling Catapult For A Living

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.