Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,808 members, 7,820,833 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:48 PM

Be Humble - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Be Humble (91 Views)

Six Important Reasons You Should Be Humble / When A Man Is Not Humble / Pastor Humble Okoro Vs Daddy Freeze: Power Clash That Will Deliver OAP (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Be Humble by REDH2: 12:58am On Dec 24, 2021
Good morning Beloved

Peace be unto you in the name of our Lord Jesus

Be humble

Philippians 2:2 Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind.
2:3 Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.

Beloved, the joy of the Lord is that His church is united, like-minded, of a lowly heart and have love one to another. The church should not be a place of competition, a place to show who is better or who carries greater grace, no! The church should be an expression of love and unity and this can be achieved through humility.

For the church to be of one mind and in one accord, it begins from each individual. You are not to esteem yourself better than anyone no matter where GOD has placed you. You are there by Grace. The Lord Jesus had this mind - the mind of humility. Philippians 2:1-11

Humility starts from the mind. If you have a mind of humility, you don't have to force yourself to start being humble because your actions will reflect the state of your mind.

How do you have a mind of humility?

- Renew your mind by daily study and meditation of the Word. The more you acquaint yourself with the Lord GOD, the more you become like Him.
- Bring yourself low
- Esteem others above you
- Have and show respect to both young and old, rich and poor, to all men.
- Serve others in the fear of the Lord
- Look not unto your own thing but after the things of others. Quit "me, me, me" , "I , I , I".
- Pray that the Lord GOD will give you a mind of humility - ask the One who gives liberally and it shall be given you.

The Lord Jesus laid down the footprint of humility and He expects that you follow after Him. He washed the feet of His disciples, He served meal for His disciples and was always concerned about the welfare of others. He never said or thought, "since I am their Master, how will I be serving them?".

How will I? is a statement that despicts pride. A whole me? also despicts pride. Don't exalt yourself. What do you have that you have not been given?

Be humble, of a surety if all Christians are humble, the church will be united like the time of old then you can confess your faults to one another, you can easily forgive, you can tolerate others and be of one mind. This is one of the mark of the early church.

Beloved, be humble, don't seek after vainglory but seek after the unity of the Church. Don't seek after what the church will do for you, seek after what you will contribute to the body of Christ in the fear of GOD. Don't be one who goes about gossiping about others, bringing division to the body of Christ, speaking evil about your fellow brethren but be that one who edifies and cause unity and love to thrive.

As you do this, also live in total submission to GOD, yield your body, soul and spirit unto Him - to obey Him and walk in His ways, in Holiness and purity of heart. Where you are yet still found wanting in your walk with GOD, address it in genuine repentance and be holy even as you are expected to be humble. Beloved, be humble!

If you would harken diligently to His Word, blessed are you!

The Grace of our Lord Jesus be with you. Amen.

GOD bless you.

Shalom

#AcceptChrist
#LiveforChrist

(1) (Reply)

Lessons From Elisha II / Task Of Reconciling The World Back To God - M.k Olagunju@ Divinenaturetv / God Is Teaching You Patience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.