Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,043 members, 7,810,859 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:08 PM

Shining The Light On Holiday Depression - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Shining The Light On Holiday Depression (160 Views)

Here Are A Few Security Tips In The Light Of The Security Challenge In Nigeria / In The Light Of D Economic Situation If U Marry Now How Many Children Wil U Have / DNA Centre Sheds Light On Child Paternity Fraud In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Shining The Light On Holiday Depression by kaffy4bill(f): 8:52am On Dec 24, 2021
Depression is an illness, not a choice.

The holiday can be a stressful time for many people..

The shopping, gatherings and family time can add extra pressure to our already busy lives.

For those dealing with mental health conditions like depression or anxiety, the holiday can be even harder..

About 1 in 7 people globally have one or more mental health disorder.
Chances are someone close to you will be affected.

Some of the key signs to look for would be changes in mood or behavior that are different from their norm.

❇️ Do they seem more withdrawn than usual?

❇️ Are they behaving erratic and impulsive?

❇️ Are they more irritable?

❇️ Do they typically respond quickly to a text or call but now they are not responding at all?

❇️ Do they avoid talking about future plans?

❇️ Are they making references to wanting to escape or that they have nothing to live for?

Use the following tips when you talk to your loved ones:

❇️ Let them know that you are there for them and that they matter to you.

❇️ Acknowledge that the holiday season can be difficult and it is okay not to feel happy or joyous.

❇️ Express gratitude for having them in your life.

❇️ Remind them that even though this might be a difficult or painful time, things can change and they will likely feel better at a later time.

❇️ Most importantly , let them know that you love and care for them and it’s okay to seek help.

If you or someone you know is struggling, considering suicide or self- harm, please reach out for help.

Your favorite Nurse
#NurseKhaphie

when I leave this world, I hope to have emptied myself and be a blessing to my generation and the world at large”.

Re: Shining The Light On Holiday Depression by sageb: 9:57am On Dec 24, 2021
kaffy4bill:
Depression is an illness, not a choice.

The holiday can be a stressful time for many people..

The shopping, gatherings and family time can add extra pressure to our already busy lives.

For those dealing with mental health conditions like depression or anxiety, the holiday can be even harder..

About 1 in 7 people globally have one or more mental health disorder.
Chances are someone close to you will be affected.

Some of the key signs to look for would be changes in mood or behavior that are different from their norm.

❇️ Do they seem more withdrawn than usual?

❇️ Are they behaving erratic and impulsive?

❇️ Are they more irritable?

❇️ Do they typically respond quickly to a text or call but now they are not responding at all?

❇️ Do they avoid talking about future plans?

❇️ Are they making references to wanting to escape or that they have nothing to live for?

Use the following tips when you talk to your loved ones:

❇️ Let them know that you are there for them and that they matter to you.

❇️ Acknowledge that the holiday season can be difficult and it is okay not to feel happy or joyous.

❇️ Express gratitude for having them in your life.

❇️ Remind them that even though this might be a difficult or painful time, things can change and they will likely feel better at a later time.

❇️ Most importantly , let them know that you love and care for them and it’s okay to seek help.

If you or someone you know is struggling, considering suicide or self- harm, please reach out for help.

Your favorite Nurse
#NurseKhaphie

when I leave this world, I hope to have emptied myself and be a blessing to my generation and the world at large”.

Nice post
Let me add this:
" They said you came to look for me
I didn't drown
I am the water"
#Say No To Depression and Suicide

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Christmas Promo Is Here! / NELO OKEKE Is At It Again! | GIFTING More Family Members #villagelife / Watch Moment A Happy, Little, Girl Writes On A Wall Freely (VIDEO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.