Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,626 members, 7,813,058 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:02 AM

Remodeled Badagry Slave Market Reaches 95% Completion Stage - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Remodeled Badagry Slave Market Reaches 95% Completion Stage (20964 Views)

Olubunmi Tunji-ojo Commissioned Arrival E" Of Abuja Airport & Remodeled Gates / Kano's 10 Megawatts Independent Project Is At 90% Completion Stage (Pictures) / Oshodi Transport Interchange Now At 83 % Completion Stage (see Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Remodeled Badagry Slave Market Reaches 95% Completion Stage by OneCandleAway(f): 8:25pm On Dec 24, 2021
You see this woman below, she was a yoruba slave brought in when she was 2 years with her mother and sister in 1860 in Alabama. She has yoruba tribal marks and could still speak the native language since she was brought in with her mother.

She was renamed Matilda McCrear.

She died in 1940 at the age of 83.

Re: Remodeled Badagry Slave Market Reaches 95% Completion Stage by codemaniacs: 8:47pm On Dec 24, 2021
OneCandleAway:
You see this woman below, she was a yoruba slave brought in when she was 2 years with her mother and sister in 1860 in Alabama. She has yoruba tribal marks and could still speak the native language since she was brought in with her mother.

She was renamed Matilda McCrear.

She died in 1940 at the age of 83.

you can't even see how wrong you are with your own information grin grin grin

slavery was abolished in 1834 by the bri:tish.
slavery was abolished in 1865 by the U.S:A.

you claim that the woman was brought to the U:S in 1860 with her mother.. but according to history, slavery was abolished in 1865, so that means if people follow this false news you're spreading, then it means there are meant to be Yoruba speaking communities in the U:S.A and other African languages communities in the U:S.A... since the woman won't be the only African to have arrived in 1860 lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed ...

I've told another person already and I'll say the same to you - "you lack the intellectual capacity and intelligence to use your brain to decode things... you rely on goo:gle and eur:opean version of African history.....
Re: Remodeled Badagry Slave Market Reaches 95% Completion Stage by OneCandleAway(f): 8:59pm On Dec 24, 2021
codemaniacs:

you can't even see how wrong you are with your own information grin grin grin

slavery was abolished in 1834 by the bri:tish.
slavery was abolished in 1865 by the U.S:A.

you claim that the woman was brought to the U:S in 1860 with her mother.. but according to history, slavery was abolished in 1865, so that means if people follow this false news you're spreading, then it means there are meant to be Yoruba speaking communities in the U:S.A and other African languages communities in the U:S.A... since the woman won't be the only African to have arrived in 1860 lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed ...

I've told another person already and I'll say the same to you - "you lack the intellectual capacity and intelligence to use your brain to decode things... you rely on goo:gle and eur:opean version of African history.....

So you don't know humans are stubborn, that slavery was declared abolished doesn't mean people didn't try to find ways to bring in slaves into the country. Free labour isn't what they were willing to let go of easily.

These are facts, documented facts

1 Like

Re: Remodeled Badagry Slave Market Reaches 95% Completion Stage by codemaniacs: 9:11pm On Dec 24, 2021
OneCandleAway:

So you don't know humans are stubborn, that slavery was declared abolished doesn't mean people didn't try to find ways to bring in slaves into the country. Free labour isn't what they were willing to let go of easily.

These are facts, documented facts

so now your evidence is "So you don't know humans are stubborn" grin grin grin grin...

for your information, owners of sl:aves were compensated by the U:S.A after sla:very was abolished so your "So you don't know humans are stubborn" comment is nonsense...
Re: Remodeled Badagry Slave Market Reaches 95% Completion Stage by Ruthymoon(f): 9:23pm On Dec 24, 2021
grin
BKayy:
They should make the statue of Seriki of Badagry exclusive.
A very famous slave trader that sold 20 young ladies for one umbrella, 40 men for a gun and 10 boys for gunpowder.

He sold 10 ladies for a snuff box amongst other record breaking sales.

Seriki of Badagry, his descendant is into politics. I won't mention his name.
Re: Remodeled Badagry Slave Market Reaches 95% Completion Stage by StreetFight: 9:38pm On Dec 24, 2021
festacman:
Badagry has unfairly suffered developmental neglect from successive governors in Lagos State. Each governor visited Badagry as election candidate to ask for votes with nothing remarkable done at the end of each four years.

Badagry deserves to be opened up as tourism, vacation and hospitality hub in West Africa. Develop a proper town-plan for Badagry, build good network of roads and infrastructure, set up the beaches properly, involve investors, create areas for hotels, cinemas, night clubs, amphitheatres, amusement parks, conference centres ensure adequate security with CCTV, etc and watch Gambia crumble as tourist destination in West Africa.

This remodelling of the slave market is good but Badagry deserves MORE.

Is the law of nature. Badagry must pay for all the atrocities its forefathers. Badagry will be backward forever.
Re: Remodeled Badagry Slave Market Reaches 95% Completion Stage by festacman(m): 9:49pm On Dec 24, 2021
[quote author=StreetFight post=108788381]

Is the law of nature. Badagry must pay for all the atrocities its forefathers.
Re: Remodeled Badagry Slave Market Reaches 95% Completion Stage by E2000: 10:51pm On Dec 24, 2021
The chains in our hands may be loose but the one in our brains surely remains.
Re: Remodeled Badagry Slave Market Reaches 95% Completion Stage by iguita: 11:04pm On Dec 24, 2021
What is the use of remodeled museum, without roads to access it?
festacman:
Badagry has unfairly suffered developmental neglect from successive governors in Lagos State. Each governor visited Badagry as election candidate to ask for votes with nothing remarkable done at the end of each four years.

Badagry deserves to be opened up as tourism, vacation and hospitality hub in West Africa. Develop a proper town-plan for Badagry, build good network of roads and infrastructure, set up the beaches properly, involve investors, create areas for hotels, cinemas, night clubs, amphitheatres, amusement parks, conference centres ensure adequate security with CCTV, etc and watch Gambia crumble as tourist destination in West Africa.

Re: Remodeled Badagry Slave Market Reaches 95% Completion Stage by festacman(m): 11:27pm On Dec 24, 2021
iguita:
What is the use of remodeled museum, without roads to access it?

Key question.

2 Likes

Re: Remodeled Badagry Slave Market Reaches 95% Completion Stage by Aganju849: 11:53pm On Dec 24, 2021
codemaniacs:

so now your evidence is "So you don't know humans are stubborn" grin grin grin grin...

for your information, owners of sl:aves were compensated by the U:S.A after sla:very was abolished so your "So you don't know humans are stubborn" comment is nonsense...

That dude is right.

Go read up and stop arguing blindly, this is the information age
Re: Remodeled Badagry Slave Market Reaches 95% Completion Stage by Dammyseyon(m): 12:26am On Dec 25, 2021
O
BKayy:
A very famous slave trader that sold 20 young ladies for one umbrella, 40 men for a gun and 10 boys for gunpowder.

Please mention his name �
Re: Remodeled Badagry Slave Market Reaches 95% Completion Stage by Dammyseyon(m): 12:32am On Dec 25, 2021
StreetFight:

Is the law of nature. Badagry must pay for all the atrocities its forefathers. Badagry will be backward forever.
Please, what is the law of nature? And is Badagry the only place with historical atrocity? Are you talking about Badagry as a place or Badagrians occupying the space “Badagry”?

1 Like

Re: Remodeled Badagry Slave Market Reaches 95% Completion Stage by Dammyseyon(m): 12:51am On Dec 25, 2021
Sheriman:

Nigerian leaders no get sense to think in that developmental way

It’s not about the Nigerian leaders, it’s about Badagry’s political and traditional leaders themselves. Swaying away infrastructural development for mere chicken change. There is no advocacy for the development of Badagry from the Badagry leaders hence the reason why the place isn’t working. Negotiation and communication matters too
Re: Remodeled Badagry Slave Market Reaches 95% Completion Stage by Verysmart101: 12:59am On Dec 25, 2021
musicwriter:
That place wasn't a slave market because slavery came later. Europeans had been in Africa, buying cash crops, gold, tusk and Ivory, timber and they used that place as processing and shipping port, many years before slavery.

There are many such shipping ports dotted all over West Africa and other parts. Before Europeans arrived, that place must always have been a port!!. Otherwise, why did white people anchor their ships there? And how did they anchor there? Such places were originally meant for legitimate business before the Atlantic slave trade began. During slavery, they were used to process the slaves before shipping. IT WASN'T A MARKET!!!.

Do you think the only and first business to happen between Europe and Africa was slavery?

See, the true history of slavery and slave acquisition in Africa https://www.africason.com/2016/03/the-true-history-of-slavery-and-slave.html

The Portuguese 1st came to Lagos in 1492.They were the ones that named here "Lagos".They were business men who sold other stuffs.It was d arrival of the British in 18th century that lead to slavery being big business.You re right my friend.

1 Like

Re: Remodeled Badagry Slave Market Reaches 95% Completion Stage by EyenNtokon: 1:25am On Dec 25, 2021
BKayy:

comrade pls don't mention name. Leave am like dat, thank u!
Re: Remodeled Badagry Slave Market Reaches 95% Completion Stage by EyenNtokon: 1:28am On Dec 25, 2021
streetsoldier1:

abeg mention name, i want to check something
stop it , ah no wan run comot NL
Re: Remodeled Badagry Slave Market Reaches 95% Completion Stage by olaolaking: 1:36am On Dec 25, 2021
festacman:

I strongly disagree with you that Badagry suffers neglect.
Re: Remodeled Badagry Slave Market Reaches 95% Completion Stage by EyenNtokon: 1:53am On Dec 25, 2021
larryking540:

it seems ,that statement shock you,most of the people who sold people into slave in Nigeria from their great great grandparents,are very very much active in today's politics ,their names are been censored just to let peace rain
my fingers are doing me somehow. I will type sometin o
Re: Remodeled Badagry Slave Market Reaches 95% Completion Stage by karlnomarx: 2:15am On Dec 25, 2021
I say a Merry Christmas and Complement of the season to all forumites.

I am alive, hopeful courageous and resilient and also looking forward to a blissful and more fulfilling 2022.

I celebrate you and celebrate myself despite too many challenges I am facing, chief of which us hunger and lack which I am enduring with my 3 children and their mom a petty trader. Times are indeed hard for my family and I will urge you to come through for my family, so we can celebrate Christmas and prosperous New Year and so that we can offset the thrift collected by my wife to cater for the school needs of the kids here in Ogbomosho, Oyo State.

I really hope you will give me a benefit of doubt and help me on this beautiful, colorful day. God bless you.

Any token will go a long way brethren...080.8251.2974

Union Bank....
Re: Remodeled Badagry Slave Market Reaches 95% Completion Stage by thatigboman1: 2:30am On Dec 25, 2021
BKayy:

you can't judge yesterday's actions with today's realities. Dont u know that umbrella, snuff box, even mirror etc were like magic then? Something unimaginable.
Re: Remodeled Badagry Slave Market Reaches 95% Completion Stage by calcal: 3:53am On Dec 25, 2021
Caboceer:

Your generation for be crackhead for USA

Idiat

Crackhead in the USA is living, enjoying a better life than your millionaires in the zoo
Re: Remodeled Badagry Slave Market Reaches 95% Completion Stage by codemaniacs: 4:17am On Dec 25, 2021
Aganju849:

That dude is right.

Go read up and stop arguing blindly, this is the information age

that dude is wrong..

this is the mis-information age..
Re: Remodeled Badagry Slave Market Reaches 95% Completion Stage by akinmax: 7:05am On Dec 25, 2021
The building outside color is too boring, so common, add no taste or story to the building . They should have used something like black-golden color or a very unique color
Re: Remodeled Badagry Slave Market Reaches 95% Completion Stage by omoharry(f): 7:07am On Dec 25, 2021
musicwriter:
That place wasn't a slave market because slavery came later. Europeans had been in Africa, buying cash crops, gold, tusk and Ivory, timber and they used that place as processing and shipping port, many years before slavery.

There are many such shipping ports dotted all over West Africa and other parts. Before Europeans arrived, that place must always have been a port!!. Otherwise, why did white people anchor their ships there? And how did they anchor there? Such places were originally meant for legitimate business before the Atlantic slave trade began. During slavery, they were used to process the slaves before shipping. IT WASN'T A MARKET!!!.

Do you think the only and first business to happen between Europe and Africa was slavery?

See, the true history of slavery and slave acquisition in Africa https://www.africason.com/2016/03/the-true-history-of-slavery-and-slave.html
U are right .

1 Like

Re: Remodeled Badagry Slave Market Reaches 95% Completion Stage by Ttalk: 7:09am On Dec 25, 2021
FreeStuffsNG:

Every part of Ibile deserves more as well as the PDP Badagry wink

That why I always call you out as a sissy and slowpoke that is using Nairaland to cover his insecurity.

What made you make such thoughtless comment? If asked to substantiate your baseless comment, you would start another fable story which you are known for.

All the current elected public holders are APC members, from Councillor to HoR member, and there is no time since 1999 when the elected candidate from PDP surpasses AD,ACN and now APC
Re: Remodeled Badagry Slave Market Reaches 95% Completion Stage by FreeStuffsNG: 7:32am On Dec 25, 2021
Ttalk:

[s]That why I always call you out as a sissy and slowpoke that is using Nairaland to cover his insecurity.

What made you make such thoughtless comment? If asked to substantiate your baseless comment, you would start another fable story which you are known for.

All the current elected public holders are APC members, from Councillor to HoR member, and there is no time since 1999 when the elected candidate has been more than AD,ACN and now APC[/s]
Nothing strong up there wink. Never mind sir. Those from ibile understand my point, outsiders like you won't wink I don't even understand your uncouth words so I won't bother to reply you again.
Re: Remodeled Badagry Slave Market Reaches 95% Completion Stage by festacman(m): 10:25am On Dec 25, 2021
olaolaking:
I strongly disagree with you that Badagry suffers neglect.

You are entitled to your opinion but I strongly enjoin you to not only disagree but to personally visit Badagry.
Re: Remodeled Badagry Slave Market Reaches 95% Completion Stage by GreyLaw(m): 10:59am On Dec 25, 2021
StreetFight:

Very terrible thought pattern. Go to Denmark and read their history of killings and barbarism. They kidnapped and killed the English like chicken. Are they backward? The English, US, etc were involved in terrible slave trade. Are they backward?

Abeg, backwardness in Badagry has absolutely nothing to do with slavery. Any day they decide to give themselves the best, they'll get the best. Simple!

Renew your mind! Your mind is the single biggest gift God gave to humans apart from Jesus. Use it!

1 Like

Re: Remodeled Badagry Slave Market Reaches 95% Completion Stage by olaolaking: 11:55am On Dec 25, 2021
festacman:

You are entitled to your opinion but I strongly enjoin you to not only disagree but to personally visit Badagry.
What you stated earlier was also your opinion.

I visited Badagry for the first time in 2012. The slave route down to point of no return was worked on few years later by Fashola and the work still continues.

Or do you want the government to use the budget of a whole year to work on only Badagry?
Re: Remodeled Badagry Slave Market Reaches 95% Completion Stage by festacman(m): 12:05pm On Dec 25, 2021
olaolaking:
What you stated earlier was also your opinion.

I visited Badagry for the first time in 2012. The slave route down to point of no return was worked on few years later by Fashola and the work still continues.

Or do you want the government to use the budget of a whole year to work on only Badagry?

I maintain and put it to you that Badagry as a historic and strategic town deserves a better deal that it is currently getting.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Don’t Leave Nigeria, Tinubu Urges Multinationals / 9 Presidential Runners You Probably Didn’t Know / 2016 Budget: A Budget Of Change Or A Budget Of Burden?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.