Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,316 members, 7,815,588 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:54 PM

Don’t Leave Nigeria, Tinubu Urges Multinationals - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don’t Leave Nigeria, Tinubu Urges Multinationals (20972 Views)

15 Multinationals Exit Nigeria In Three Years – NECA / Uzodinma To Northerners: "Don’t Leave Imo, Those After You Are After Me Too" / Don’t Leave South-West - Governors Tell Northerners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don’t Leave Nigeria, Tinubu Urges Multinationals by ogododo: 6:49am On Dec 09, 2023
President Bola Tinubu on Thursday told multinationals operating in Nigeria on Thursday that his administration was determined to remove all bottlenecks to the smooth running of their businesses.

This was as he said no obstacle was too big to be removed to make Nigeria a safe-haven for large-scale investments.

“We are very focused on resolving all investment-related issues. There is no bottleneck that is too difficult for us to remove in our determined march toward making Nigeria the African haven for large-scale investment in all key sectors.

“We need each other,” the President told a visiting delegation of the management of Shell Group led by its Global Integrated Gas and Upstream Director, Ms. Zoe Yujnovich, at the State House, Abuja.

The President’s remarks followed the recent exodus of several multinational companies from the country in the past months.

A PUNCH analysis of separate notices filed by several companies show that at least five multinationals have wound down operations in Nigeria in the last 10 months.

But in a statement signed Friday by the President’s Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Ajuri Ngelale, Tinubu expressed confidence in the potential for increased investment from Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria.

Emphasising Nigeria’s longstanding ties with Shell, which date back to the discovery of the country’s first commercial oil field in 1956, the President assured the Shell delegation of his administration’s commitment to securing and fostering both existing and new investments.

“We have made progress since our last meeting. I will continue to support and encourage you on this path.

“There is no doubt that there is a significant focus on investment in and around the continent. I am spearheading Nigeria’s global march for new investments at home.

“In view of our long-term relationship that has been established over the years, we want you to do more, and we are ready to encourage you in every way possible,” he added.

Shell’s Global Integrated Gas and Upstream Director, Ms. Zoe Yujnovich, on behalf of the Shell Group, affirmed the company’s intent to sustain its investment legacy in Nigeria.

This includes a particular focus on deepwater and gas sector opportunities, with a pledged investment of $1bn over the next decade to enhance the domestic gas value chain and support the Nigeria Liquefied Natural Gas project.

She announced an upcoming $5bn investment in the Bonga North project, located off Nigeria’s coast, saying it underscores Shell’s commitment to the country’s energy sector.

Ms. Yujnovich expressed eagerness to proceed with this significant venture and noted the series of prospective investments Shell is considering in Nigeria.

https://punchng.com/dont-leave-nigeria-tinubu-urges-multinationals/

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don’t Leave Nigeria, Tinubu Urges Multinationals by Norsemann: 6:49am On Dec 09, 2023
After snatching running away with the people’s mandate you’re now begging

You’re begging while your online dimwits are saying companies can leave, that others will come

Dimwits wey Aso Rock animas chop pass

Ebola create an enabling environment for foreign investors then you won’t need to beg rather na them go dey rush you

Nobody wan plunge his capital into a failed economy

Cocaine sniffer

337 Likes 30 Shares

Re: Don’t Leave Nigeria, Tinubu Urges Multinationals by Ever8090: 6:55am On Dec 09, 2023
Ok... I pray Tinubu succeed even though I did not supported him during the election as my candidate was obi, but deep down my heart, I doubted if Obi nor Tinubu can fix this country.

Nigeria problem is so grounded, deeprooted that I doubt even secession or regional government can fix it.

98 percent of Nigerians on the street has the same mentality with our politicians,.they complain on the sidelines because they do not have the opportunity to be there they will do far worst, our leadership is the reflection of our society.

The only solution, which in my opinion will be difficult is " the unity of the poor masses from the North and the south, it will be the game changer..but will that ever happen?..I doubt!

102 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Don’t Leave Nigeria, Tinubu Urges Multinationals by Norsemann: 6:55am On Dec 09, 2023
Chibuzoripob:
cool

Cat got your tongue now

You no know wetin to type again

Na why them rate Aso rock animals pass una

Animals are getting 260 million for feeding

You and your colleagues are getting bread and beans

What am I even saying where una see money for bread and beans

126 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Don’t Leave Nigeria, Tinubu Urges Multinationals by Kevinjap: 6:59am On Dec 09, 2023
They no dey tell body say rain dey fall.

When I came to Maiduguri under Buhari transport was 6.5k but now it was double. 2weeks down after exams but I'm still stuck here

15 Likes

Re: Don’t Leave Nigeria, Tinubu Urges Multinationals by Beremx(f): 7:02am On Dec 09, 2023
You don't need to beg anybody. Make policies that are favourable to them and they'll start coming in droves. Local companies are packing up talk less of multinationals.

98 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Don’t Leave Nigeria, Tinubu Urges Multinationals by Bullet01(f): 7:04am On Dec 09, 2023
I hope your body language is not saying otherwise?
Re: Don’t Leave Nigeria, Tinubu Urges Multinationals by Nahunger(m): 7:05am On Dec 09, 2023
grin
Even citizens dey find means to japa

45 Likes

Re: Don’t Leave Nigeria, Tinubu Urges Multinationals by Brendaniel: 7:05am On Dec 09, 2023
This man is very funny, you think it is just mouth they use in keeping businesses running the way you guys have been using mouth to run the country with propaganda reason why Nigeria is failing and running into debts, businesses are designed for profit making, if only you guys run the country Nigeria as a business enterprise, Nigeria would have been one of the best countries in the world...

Tinubu, Propaganda does not run businesses, it is 419 business that runs on propaganda, stop running Nigeria like a 419 business

66 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don’t Leave Nigeria, Tinubu Urges Multinationals by kettykin: 7:06am On Dec 09, 2023
What if Tinubu is the bottleneck

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Don’t Leave Nigeria, Tinubu Urges Multinationals by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:06am On Dec 09, 2023
Seun seunmsg

Tell your hero President that you fought and kicked people to get into power that it takes progressive actions to keep investors and not beggy beggy.

36 Likes

Re: Don’t Leave Nigeria, Tinubu Urges Multinationals by Chibuzoripob: 7:06am On Dec 09, 2023
cool
Re: Don’t Leave Nigeria, Tinubu Urges Multinationals by crossfm: 7:07am On Dec 09, 2023
Hehehe.

Funny man.

After making the environment uncomfortable for them,you are still asking them not to move out.

You are beating a child and still asking the child not to cry grin.

Conducive environment is what will attract investors. Insecurity everywhere, inflation and lack of power is what is killing investors.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don’t Leave Nigeria, Tinubu Urges Multinationals by Ekehwinz: 7:07am On Dec 09, 2023
If the environment is not conducive, they'll leave. No amount of begging will stop them, they're here for business.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don’t Leave Nigeria, Tinubu Urges Multinationals by Papayaayasager(m): 7:08am On Dec 09, 2023
Nonentity

11 Likes

Re: Don’t Leave Nigeria, Tinubu Urges Multinationals by TOPCRUISE(m): 7:08am On Dec 09, 2023
Minister of Petroleum in a meeting with Shell BP that deals with Petroleum. The Alliance that the minister that doubles as president has with shell BP is not the same with other multinationals that has fled the country.
How will other multinationals that remain take him serious where his meeting seems one sided on oil revenue alone.
If he is determined to remove all bottlenecks to the smooth running of their businesses he should make the business environment conducive for them and all the other multinationals wont have run away. Many Nigerians won't be thinking Jaapa as an option.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don’t Leave Nigeria, Tinubu Urges Multinationals by femi4: 7:08am On Dec 09, 2023
If you can't make the environment conducive, there's little to nothing that can be done

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don’t Leave Nigeria, Tinubu Urges Multinationals by Usmanovic95(m): 7:10am On Dec 09, 2023
Investors can't invest in an unstable economy.
You don't expect them to run at loss and go back to their country empty handed. It's time the president checks himself,his policies might actually be the bottleneck stifling the growth of businesses.

29 Likes

Re: Don’t Leave Nigeria, Tinubu Urges Multinationals by symbianDON(m): 7:11am On Dec 09, 2023
Norsemann:
This is touching

He actually meant well for Nigerians
e go beg tire! He is begging them to stay while his thoughtless policies are chasing them away.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Don’t Leave Nigeria, Tinubu Urges Multinationals by SouthSouth1914: 7:12am On Dec 09, 2023
It is not by mouth, it is by good economic policies. It is surely by your wide mouth you said you built Lagos!

10 Likes

Re: Don’t Leave Nigeria, Tinubu Urges Multinationals by gaskiyamagana: 7:13am On Dec 09, 2023
ogododo:

https://punchng.com/dont-leave-nigeria-tinubu-urges-multinationals/
Ok.
We will stay with higher cost of production which stem from bad electricity supply with high bills, payments of millions of naira as ransom to secure release of our kidnapped staff ; high cost of living and lower purchasing power of our products by the populace and corrupt government officials in our dealing with them?

5 Likes

Re: Don’t Leave Nigeria, Tinubu Urges Multinationals by fixedhollies(m): 7:13am On Dec 09, 2023
The fact they are leaving should make you do the needful. It’s a signal to the present and future economic conditions to be expected.

6 Likes

Re: Don’t Leave Nigeria, Tinubu Urges Multinationals by Benwallt(m): 7:13am On Dec 09, 2023
Beremx:
You don't need to beg anybody. Make policies that are favourable to them and they'll start coming in droves. Local companies are packing up talk less of multinationals.

Jussive not begging.

Begging is exclusively reserved igbos
Re: Don’t Leave Nigeria, Tinubu Urges Multinationals by oguns222: 7:14am On Dec 09, 2023
Norsemann:

Cat got your tongue now

You no know wetin to type again

Na why them rate Aso rock animals pass una

Animals are getting 260 million for feeding

You and your colleagues are getting bread and beans

What am I even saying where una see money for bread and beans

You can't mean well and steal your way to the top

9 Likes

Re: Don’t Leave Nigeria, Tinubu Urges Multinationals by infohenry(m): 7:15am On Dec 09, 2023
Shell is selling everything in preparation for their own japa. All onshore assets gone, soon the I.A and R.A will follow.

11 Likes

Re: Don’t Leave Nigeria, Tinubu Urges Multinationals by Menclothing: 7:15am On Dec 09, 2023
Bring in new company give loan to local companies doing same thing as international companies leaving for expansion
I don’t see why foreign companies will own mtn and multi choice this companies made too much money from our population

ShopRite left we have many super market we didn’t miss them

Government invest in local businesses

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Leave Nigeria, Tinubu Urges Multinationals by SouthSouth1914: 7:15am On Dec 09, 2023
gaskiyamagana:

Ok.
We will stay with higher cost of production which stem from bad electricity supply with high bills, payments of millions of naira as ransom to secure release of our kidnapped staff ; high cost of living and lower purchasing power of our products by the populace and corrupt government officials in our dealing with them?

Thank you for explaining in clear terms of the consequences of our failing government inactions and actions!

6 Likes

Re: Don’t Leave Nigeria, Tinubu Urges Multinationals by reiddecuti: 7:15am On Dec 09, 2023
You can't help it druggie. Your policy is killing...

11 Likes

Re: Don’t Leave Nigeria, Tinubu Urges Multinationals by Benwallt(m): 7:19am On Dec 09, 2023
Usmanovic95:
Investors can't invest in an unstable economy.
You don't expect them to run at loss and go back to their country empty handed. It's time the president checks himself,his policies might actually be the bottleneck stifling the growth of businesses.

Was UK economy not stable as at the time Obi closed stores and ran to Nigeria to swell from the lawlessness of Nigeria government over the years

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tinubu Honoured At Lagos House Abuja (Photos) / I’m Fit, I Was Not Flown Abroad – Buhari / Senate Tells Yahoo Boys To Use Their Talents Legitimately

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.