Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,255 members, 7,953,954 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 09:41 AM

How Fast Can I Get A Job As A Data Scientist Or Software Developer - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Fast Can I Get A Job As A Data Scientist Or Software Developer (16515 Views)

Data Scientist Or A Software Developer/engineer? Which One Is More Promising? / How To Build A Successful Career As A Data Scientist / Shortages Have Destroyed My Job As A Barman! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Fast Can I Get A Job As A Data Scientist Or Software Developer by scait(m): 11:21pm On Dec 24, 2021
Ynix:

Chat me up, I will add you up to a WhatsApp group of international developers. Information are always available for free. 08089456258
can I chat you about it?
Re: How Fast Can I Get A Job As A Data Scientist Or Software Developer by AliyuMahdi9: 11:22pm On Dec 24, 2021
Will drop my 2cent
Re: How Fast Can I Get A Job As A Data Scientist Or Software Developer by AliyuMahdi9: 11:23pm On Dec 24, 2021
You will have to Choose Either Data Science or Software Developer.

I don't advice you to start learn both at the same time, because thier scopes are different.

If you want to go for DATA Science(DS), I will advice you to first learn , Data Analysis(DA). Is somewhat a foundation to DS. Although alot of guys have done DS Straight. You are new to IT so I suggest you start with the foundation.

In DA you will need to learn Basics of Python Programming, not for coding purpose, but you need in the analysis of your data.

Another Basic skill you will need for DA is SQL.

The above skills will be needed in DS as well

If you decide to go with Software Developer you will need to Learn Skills in Java, JavaScript, Python ( Advance), C#, C++, Dart( Flutter) etc.

There are alot of these languages, so you make your choice

** To start getting paid as a software Developer you will need at least 1 year training, including building your portfolio to attract good paying jobs

** To get a job as an Entry Data Analyst , you will need at least 6 months including building you portfolio.

You Can teach yourself.

1. GET A LAPTOP
2. GET GOOD INTERNET CONNECTION
3. ENROLL ON COURSERA.ORG ( $14/ Month) - [7 day trial period]

4. OR ENROLL IN UDEMY.COM

---- I will recommend Coursera as they have affliction with Google, IBM , Facebook

Lasisieniola77:
Hello nairalands, i am so confuse right now. I just want to transistion into IT and i am confused between learning data science or becoming a software developer. I am so confuse. Help me to decide. I don't want to learn something that is not in demand. Which one is better

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Fast Can I Get A Job As A Data Scientist Or Software Developer by Skillsnigeria: 11:24pm On Dec 24, 2021
Hmmm
Re: How Fast Can I Get A Job As A Data Scientist Or Software Developer by Mkingz(m): 11:29pm On Dec 24, 2021
Ynix:

Chat me up, I will add you up to a WhatsApp group of international developers. Information are always available for free. 08089456258
please i will chat you up too bro
Re: How Fast Can I Get A Job As A Data Scientist Or Software Developer by mikebabs101: 11:33pm On Dec 24, 2021
kunki90:
You know neither of the two and you are bothered about how fast you’d get a job.

Career wise, they are both great tracks to run. If you are smart you’d be bothered with the learning aspect rather than the earning.

Pandas and numpy arrays no be beans o
Stop creating unnecessary fear , pandas and numpy is not that difficult. Let me state the learning process in becoming a data scientist. You can can always learn on YouTube. Start with learning excel , python , then sql , pandas , numpy and then tableau , then you are you are good to go after which you can get google and / IBM certification in data analytics. After which you can start applying for jobs

#dataanalyst
Re: How Fast Can I Get A Job As A Data Scientist Or Software Developer by being(m): 11:37pm On Dec 24, 2021
Well right now, there are much more opportunities in SE than in DA both locally & Internationally.
This could flip at anytime but I doubt it will soon.
Lasisieniola77:
Hello nairalands, i am so confuse right now. I just want to transistion into IT and i am confused between learning data science or becoming a software developer. I am so confuse. Help me to decide. I don't want to learn something that is not in demand. Which one is better

2 Likes

Re: How Fast Can I Get A Job As A Data Scientist Or Software Developer by idmicheal20: 11:37pm On Dec 24, 2021
Homeboiy:
Don’t chat that guy op

Find Ejiod and start your journey from his testimony
Op, follow this advice

2 Likes

Re: How Fast Can I Get A Job As A Data Scientist Or Software Developer by Winner074488: 11:37pm On Dec 24, 2021
Bruv, find your way to UK as a student to study data science. Job is a guarantee for you provided you do well.

2 Likes

Re: How Fast Can I Get A Job As A Data Scientist Or Software Developer by GboyegaD(m): 11:39pm On Dec 24, 2021
Your penchant for learning, location, and interest should guide you on which to choose.

If you are currently in Nigeria, I wouldn't suggest data science if you want to earn internationally as remote gigs outside of location aren't so many compared to software engineering.

2 Likes

Re: How Fast Can I Get A Job As A Data Scientist Or Software Developer by airsaylongcome: 11:41pm On Dec 24, 2021
kunki90:
You know neither of the two and you are bothered about how fast you’d get a job.

Career wise, they are both great tracks to run. If you are smart you’d be bothered with the learning aspect rather than the earning.

#dataanalyst

No leave them. They just hear that IT guys are earning OK and now everyone wants to dive into IT. And dive in at the deepest end. The underlying statistics for the DS fields many of dem nor know am o. Yet they want to go into Data Science

1 Like

Re: How Fast Can I Get A Job As A Data Scientist Or Software Developer by joelbooks: 11:42pm On Dec 24, 2021
Create job Mr Man....title without entitlement

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6VaqQcyot8
Re: How Fast Can I Get A Job As A Data Scientist Or Software Developer by CaptainFM1: 11:45pm On Dec 24, 2021
How fast can you hack into the database of the company you wish to work for?

Prove to them that they are less secured than they think!

6 Likes

Re: How Fast Can I Get A Job As A Data Scientist Or Software Developer by yungz: 11:47pm On Dec 24, 2021
a
Re: How Fast Can I Get A Job As A Data Scientist Or Software Developer by codeVarsity: 11:51pm On Dec 24, 2021
We teach Web and Mobile Apps development.

For N15,000 and for two months, we teach you the practicals via video conferencing..

Join our January Class.

www.codevarsity.dev for more details
Re: How Fast Can I Get A Job As A Data Scientist Or Software Developer by Opamercy10: 11:57pm On Dec 24, 2021
tobillionaire:

NB: the only softwares I can use as it stands are spss, minitab and maybe know a little excel functions

You need to then step up, People ain't gon pay $$$ for that, Just Data Analytics for Project writers alone

Need to learn SQL, Python, Microsoft Azure, etc

7 Likes

Re: How Fast Can I Get A Job As A Data Scientist Or Software Developer by Opamercy10: 11:58pm On Dec 24, 2021
AliyuMahdi9:
You will have to Choose Either Data Science or Software Developer.

I don't advice you to start learn both at the same time, because thier scopes are different.

If you want to go for DATA Science(DS), I will advice you to first learn , Data Analysis(DA). If somewhat a foundation to DS. Although alot of guys have done DS Straight. You are new to IT so I suggest you start with the foundation.

In DA you will need to learn Basics of Python Programming, not for coding purpose, but need in the analysis of your data.

Another Basic skill you will need for DA is SQL.

The above skills will be need in DS.

If you decide to go with Software Developer you will need to Learn Skills in Java, JavaScript, Python ( Advance), C#, C++, Dart( Flutter) etc.

There are alot of these languages, so you make your choice

** To start getting paid as a software Developer you will need at least 1 year training, including building your portfolio to attract good paying jobs

** To get a job as an Entry Data Analyst , you will need at least 6 months including building you portfolio.

You Can teach yourself.

1. GET A LAPTOP
2. GET GOOD INTERNET CONNECTION
3. ENROLL ON COURSERA.ORG

Apt wink

2 Likes

Re: How Fast Can I Get A Job As A Data Scientist Or Software Developer by thesmallgod(m): 12:01am On Dec 25, 2021
post=108790281:

If it is that free, we think we should share it for others here, that are also interested.
What happens on Nairaland stay on Nairaland.

We Rise
So that you can start spamming the group with open heaven prayer every morning
Re: How Fast Can I Get A Job As A Data Scientist Or Software Developer by MidaserveNG: 12:04am On Dec 25, 2021
wink Talking from experience
CaptainFM1:
How fast can you hack into the database of the company you wish to work for?

Prove to them that they are less secured than they think!
Re: How Fast Can I Get A Job As A Data Scientist Or Software Developer by Hezmatosky: 12:04am On Dec 25, 2021
May this be the first and last I will hear this nonsense about software, developer, data base and so on. Better go and learn work if you don't have anything to do undecided

1 Like

Re: How Fast Can I Get A Job As A Data Scientist Or Software Developer by FahBuLous: 12:07am On Dec 25, 2021
Homeboiy:
Don’t chat that guy op

Find Ejiod and start your journey from his testimony
please how do I find Ejiod
Re: How Fast Can I Get A Job As A Data Scientist Or Software Developer by MidaserveNG: 12:07am On Dec 25, 2021
cool Waaagbayi !!
airsaylongcome:

No leave them. They just hear that IT guys are earning OK and now everyone wants to dive into IT. And dive in at the deepest end. The underlying statistics for the DS fields many of dem nor know am o. Yet they want to go into Data Science
Maybe you shld start telling em about the years of tears, java to keep awake through the sleepless nights, coding classes and debugging periods it'd be more inspirational

1 Like

Re: How Fast Can I Get A Job As A Data Scientist Or Software Developer by MidaserveNG: 12:14am On Dec 25, 2021
kunki90:

#dataanalyst
Tell em pls
Re: How Fast Can I Get A Job As A Data Scientist Or Software Developer by MidaserveNG: 12:17am On Dec 25, 2021
Hezmatosky:
May this be the first and last I will hear this nonsense about software, developer, data base and so on
Sry. How bad did they break your heart? kiss

3 Likes

Re: How Fast Can I Get A Job As A Data Scientist Or Software Developer by kunki90(m): 12:23am On Dec 25, 2021
[quote author=mikebabs101 post=108790656][/quote]

Easier said than done.
How many certifications you get?
Where do you work, are you even a data analyst?
Are you aware OP has no IT background (did you even read his post or jumped to respond to my comment?)

1 Like

Re: How Fast Can I Get A Job As A Data Scientist Or Software Developer by Nobody: 12:23am On Dec 25, 2021
Ynix:

I'm interested too please
Re: How Fast Can I Get A Job As A Data Scientist Or Software Developer by Jaycee07(m): 12:25am On Dec 25, 2021
Lasisieniola77:

Both areas are very lucrative. Regardless of where you live in the world today, software engineering and data sciences are extensively needed and are now in higher demand than ever.One word of caution tho: for you to be very efficient in big data/data scientist, you need to hone your software skills first.I would suggest that you undertake courses on packages like: beam, splunk, Apache ,python and numpy,Keri’s, and Sckitt. Once you understand the concepts of those, you’ll be rolling great.
Hit me up @ +1 972 916 0188 for additional info

All the best
Re: How Fast Can I Get A Job As A Data Scientist Or Software Developer by daewoorazer(m): 12:40am On Dec 25, 2021
grin
kunki90:

#dataanalyst

Abi o

Or seaborn Abi data frame….or make him use loc and iloc small. Matplotlib%

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Second List Of Successful Candidates For Nigerian Air Force 2014 Recruitment Out / Working Law Religiously For Self And Family At ₦225,000 Monthly / How Much Money Should I Save Before Quitting My Job?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.