Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,475 members, 7,819,733 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:57 PM

How Fast Can I Get A Job As A Data Scientist Or Software Developer - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Fast Can I Get A Job As A Data Scientist Or Software Developer (16049 Views)

Data Scientist Or A Software Developer/engineer? Which One Is More Promising? / How To Build A Successful Career As A Data Scientist / Shortages Have Destroyed My Job As A Barman! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Fast Can I Get A Job As A Data Scientist Or Software Developer by Lasisieniola77(m): 7:11am On Dec 26, 2021
Again, most people are suggesting online learning because it cheaper, affordable and it has a wide range of information but my problem is i love blended learning where there is a classroom and also acquire knowledge online. Please sir can you recommend a good IT school
AliyuMahdi9:
I am not so vast in Business Analysis, but acquiring it will give you an edge as Data Analyst.

Four years is more than enough time to acquire both Business Analysis and Data Analysis Certifications.

Coursera offers courses in Business Analysis, check or the one that you want to enroll in.

Facebook is offering a Marketing Analytical course on Coursera, you can begin with, which is very close in some way to Business Analysis
NOTE: you will need to also learn some basic Python programming.

Re: How Fast Can I Get A Job As A Data Scientist Or Software Developer by Lasisieniola77(m): 7:13am On Dec 26, 2021
Yes, thank you. I used up work before and some people have recommendedfiver too
haryomikun:

Following up on my previous post, About getting a job, you can get a job in any field so far you start up on Fiverr dot com. Just follow the field that’s less saturated

I’ve used Fiverr before and earned over $150 in my first month. Fiverr can make u rich instantly if you’re dedicated with the website

1 Like

Re: How Fast Can I Get A Job As A Data Scientist Or Software Developer by AliyuMahdi9: 7:22am On Dec 26, 2021
Honestly I don't know any physical school, that provides those trainings,you may need to ask around in your location.

Lasisieniola77:
Again, most people are suggesting online learning because it cheaper, affordable and it has a wide range of information but my problem is i love blended learning where there is a classroom and also acquire knowledge online. Please sir can you recommend a good IT school
Re: How Fast Can I Get A Job As A Data Scientist Or Software Developer by AliyuMahdi9: 7:23am On Dec 26, 2021
That's Great

Lasisieniola77:
Yes, i am following closely on this thread. With your help and some other people have been able to make a decision. Thank you.
Re: How Fast Can I Get A Job As A Data Scientist Or Software Developer by AntiWailer: 12:41pm On Dec 26, 2021
Gentleman001:

Why can’t you trust them please?

It is the experience.

Data is used to make decisions and decisions affects organizations directly and management will rely on your analysis to make those decisions.
Re: How Fast Can I Get A Job As A Data Scientist Or Software Developer by AntiWailer: 12:44pm On Dec 26, 2021
haryomikun:

Are there real data science jobs in Nigeria? Plus how much do they pay and do you think the industry will boom in Nigeria?

Also what do new data scientists start up as? Data analysts?

There are. Data science jobs.

The industry is already booming but not yet appreciated in Nigeria.

Long term target, it is a gold mine.

It depends on the vacant job role

Data Scientists

Data Analysts etc

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Fast Can I Get A Job As A Data Scientist Or Software Developer by haryomikun(m): 4:27pm On Dec 26, 2021
AntiWailer:

There are. Data science jobs.

The industry is already booming but not yet appreciated in Nigeria.

Long term target, it is a gold mine.

It depends on the vacant job role

Data Scientists

Data Analysts etc

Thank you very much for the quick response sire!

How about the salary scale in Nigeria? I’ve seen some tweets on Twitter asking for data scientists listing 800k above as salary, but I want to get a general idea.

I’m looking to become a data scientist by the end of August in 2022
Re: How Fast Can I Get A Job As A Data Scientist Or Software Developer by Gentleman001: 4:53pm On Dec 26, 2021
AntiWailer:

It is the experience.

Data is used to make decisions and decisions affects organizations directly and management will rely on your analysis to make those decisions.

Alright
Re: How Fast Can I Get A Job As A Data Scientist Or Software Developer by AntiWailer: 9:41pm On Dec 26, 2021
haryomikun:

Thank you very much for the quick response sire!

How about the salary scale in Nigeria? I’ve seen some tweets on Twitter asking for data scientists listing 800k above as salary, but I want to get a general idea.

I’m looking to become a data scientist by the end of August in 2022

When it comes to IT and Technology there is no limit on the amount you can earn.

However while the potential money can be a motivation, don’t let it be a distraction.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How Fast Can I Get A Job As A Data Scientist Or Software Developer by FahBuLous: 10:06pm On Dec 26, 2021
Please who will teach me HTML, CSS and JavaScript...
I wanna go into frontend web development...
Re: How Fast Can I Get A Job As A Data Scientist Or Software Developer by Perriton(m): 11:50am On Dec 27, 2021
FahBuLous:
Please who will teach me HTML, CSS and JavaScript...
I wanna go into frontend web development...
How much are you willing to Pay?
Re: How Fast Can I Get A Job As A Data Scientist Or Software Developer by FahBuLous: 12:10pm On Dec 27, 2021
Perriton:

How much are you willing to Pay?
Truth be told... I'm broke... Very broke...

I needed someone to take me on the basics atleast, everything about it is complicated...

I need someone good to show me the way
Re: How Fast Can I Get A Job As A Data Scientist Or Software Developer by Perriton(m): 4:51pm On Dec 27, 2021
FahBuLous:
Truth be told... I'm broke... Very broke...

I needed someone to take me on the basics atleast, everything about it is complicated...

I need someone good to show me the way
You will be Extremely Lucky to see someone willing to dedicate hours and days teaching you Coding for free. Except that person is your Blood Relative
Re: How Fast Can I Get A Job As A Data Scientist Or Software Developer by FahBuLous: 4:54pm On Dec 27, 2021
Perriton:

You will be Extremely Lucky to see someone willing to dedicate hours and days teaching you Coding for free
Not dedicated...
Just show me my way around it...

Atleast someone I can ask questions when I'm lost..
Re: How Fast Can I Get A Job As A Data Scientist Or Software Developer by Perriton(m): 4:56pm On Dec 27, 2021
FahBuLous:
Not dedicated...
Just show me my way around it...

Atleast someone I can ask questions when I'm lost..
Google is Exactly what you need there is youtube and there is also the search Engine for your questions when you are lost
Re: How Fast Can I Get A Job As A Data Scientist Or Software Developer by Lasisieniola77(m): 9:49pm On Jan 11, 2022
Hello Nairalanders,
I am back on this thread, after doing my deligent research. I have come to realize that i prefer data science to software development however i studied English Education and most jobs i am seeing requires a degree in statistics, mathematics or relevant courses. So do you guys think i should go for this challenge of becoming a data scientist with my English education background. Or i should forget about tech

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

See The Only Four States That Have Insurance Cover For Workers / Nnpc Recruitment For Fresh Graduates / 12 Viruses In Your Cv

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.