Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,603 members, 7,812,974 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:45 AM

My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. (51860 Views)

Was My Boss Right For Sacking Me Because I Was Hypotized. / I Commented 'What A Nice Picture' On My Boss' Photo And She Is Taking It Up / My Boss Asked Security To Throw Me Out Because I Asked For My Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by MrBrownJay1(m): 9:55am On Dec 26, 2021
you brought all this mess on yourself when you thought you could stay in that house... it doesnt matter what happened in your life, you MUST get the hell out of that apt. the school owner even gave you 3 more days to figure you shiit out, what more do you want?!

2 Likes

Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by Jilingori: 9:55am On Dec 26, 2021
Fist I must say you did not use wisdom because now school are on break you should have played along till you collect your salary then you can quit and you don't just quit a job if you have not seek for a better one.
If na okada you like to ride that's are opportunities to become a dispatch Rider and you will even earn double the price you are being paied now.continue searching for job you will get the o e with accomodations if that's your problem we are in December companies will wnat to hire against January resumption.

1 Like

Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by Tinyemeka(m): 9:55am On Dec 26, 2021
Witnesstony28:
Today ended as a bad day.

If you remember in my previous post on my resigning from my place of work and focus on my bike full time, I wrote to the school management informing them that I will not continue with them since they don't buy the idea of combining their work and my bike.

So some weeks ago, they asked that I leave their apartment on or before 21st December.

After some days, they called to ask if I had left, to which I told them I have not gotten a place yet.

So they extended to today being Friday, 24th.

This evening, the owner of the school (an elderly man) came to the apartment to throw my stuffs out that I must leave their school since they didn't sack me. That I choose to resign.

I explained to him that I have not been able to get a place.

When I now told him I needed him to pay me for December so I could add to my money and get a place.

Na there the man flare up, rushed inside the apartment and started throwing my shoes away and as if that wasn't enough he rushed out and went to the metal pole used to hold the car wheel used as bell and rushed towards me and hit my leg with it. I thought this man was joking, he targeted my head and missed.

Immediately I felt my colleague held the rod, I looked at my leg and saw blood gushing out.

I am contemplating reporting to the police with the injury.

But I still want seek counsel from you guys whether it's wise doing that.

Here is the picture of the rod and injury inflicted on me by the man.

I just regret not video recording it. That would have been a stronger proof.

I'll just try to be factual. sad

What rights do you have to occupy another person's accommodation, which is ordinarily reserved for staff?

What rights of claim do you have to put in a resignation without 1 month prior notice to the employer?

The school if I'm not mistaken, is supposed to hire a replacement for the position that you made vacant and the new hire will be housed in the room you currently occupy (without permission).

You claim that you make more income from the bike business and for that reason, informed the school that you'll no longer work for them, yet you refused to vacate the accomodation they provided for staff?

The matters should be treated in order of occurrence. Move out of the premises you're unduly occupying first, before a listening ear will be given to your case that comes second.

5 Likes

Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by BluntTheApostle(m): 9:55am On Dec 26, 2021
Let me go and read the earlier post you made. I will come back and give my advice.

1 Like

Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by MartinsD12(m): 9:56am On Dec 26, 2021
Witnesstony28:

If you remember in my previous post on my resigning from my place of work and focus on my bike full time, I wrote to the school management informing them that I will not continue with them since they don't buy the idea of combining their work and my bike.

So some weeks ago, they asked that I leave their apartment on or before 21st December.

After some days, they called to ask if I had left, to which I told them I have not gotten a place yet.

This evening, the owner of the school (an elderly man) came to the apartment to throw my stuffs out that I must leave their school since they didn't sack me. That I choose to resign.

When I now told him I needed him to pay me for December so I could add to my money and get a place.

Na there the man flare up, rushed inside the apartment and started throwing my shoes away and as if that wasn't enough he rushed out and went to the metal pole used to hold the car wheel used as bell and rushed towards me and hit my leg with it. I thought this man was joking, he targeted my head and missed.

Immediately I felt my colleague held the rod, I looked at my leg and saw blood gushing out.

I have to say this you acted very foolish, since that apartment was given to you for you to work for them in their school and you told them since they can't allow you to combine your bike work with the school work ,they clearly gave you December 21 and extended it to 24 and am sure you have not been going to that school to work what then are you expecting them to pay you full December salary if na half month they pay you pack out of their apartment you are at fault here.

2 Likes

Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by Harddiskng(m): 9:56am On Dec 26, 2021
Witnesstony28:
Thanks to everyone who commented, I took the wrong step. But even at that, the man had not right to become violent over the matter.

If not just because of the respect I have for my father, I for show that man say, he's an old man.

Also he's so lucky that I didn't record the event else I would have dealt with him with it by the time I send the video online and to all their parent.

I was able to get a self contain room this afternoon!

So am leaving there to face my life!

The Landlord shouldn’t have caused you bodily harm but I can just imagine his level of annoyance.

This just proves that if you don’t show Nigerians shege, you won’t get result. To move out of the house he gave you out of his benevolence you dillydallied till he came to confront you.

Are you not a wicked person undecided

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by guychidile: 9:56am On Dec 26, 2021
Hmmmmmm
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by OGAStacks2021: 9:56am On Dec 26, 2021
Anyone cut me like that I will send driver to deliver him to the mortuary.
Witnesstony28:

Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by marsup: 9:56am On Dec 26, 2021
I remember your previous post, where people adviced you to get a place of your own before you resign and focus on your business, but you made your decision, so deal with it.
You resigned from a job, and still want to enjoy the benefits that comes from it...... When you fail to plan, you plan to fail.

2 Likes

Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by lequama10: 9:57am On Dec 26, 2021
Witnesstony28:

you don't have a case my brother, you should had consider getting an apartment before resigning, common sense bro... Asking him for salary again, shows how inexperienced you are..

1 Like

Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by hope4nigeria(m): 9:57am On Dec 26, 2021
Ocholu:
Let me be real with you OP;

This man has just given you every right to be successful in life. I challenge you brother, use to boost your morale on making it.

Charge yourself. Hustle hard.

Find a place and get out from his building. His next coming, wouldn't be nice!
don't you think the man is taking the case against himself by attacking Op, tho Op can be very very annoying, how can he volunterily resign and you still stay in thier apartment, you be witch? The man should have use police to throw him out, police would have done the beating.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:59am On Dec 26, 2021
Ocholu:

Na you make am intruder?? He was living there legally. Until the unfortunate happened. The owner of the school ought to give him more time to look for a house and pack out

Where is the tenancy agreement?

What are the terms of his stay in the apartment?

Once you are no longer a staff, you vacate the apartment immediately

2 Likes

Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by deltateam: 9:59am On Dec 26, 2021
Ocholu:
Let me be real with you OP;

This man has just given you every right to be successful in life. I challenge you brother, use this to boost your morale on making it.

Charge yourself. Hustle hard.

Find a place and get out from his building. His next coming, wouldn't be nice!

It's unfortunate. Some schools pay December salary while others will wait for those that came back in January.

Op should have gotten a place before tendering resignation letter.
Nevertheless I suggest he contacts Human right wing in his state. They will put the dear of God in him.
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by jameel6: 9:59am On Dec 26, 2021
You voluntarily resigned from work, not that you were sacked, and you are given your boss conditions on when you will leave there apartment they gave to you? Haba now we should be considerate, they even extended your stay yet you refuse to leave. Abeg pack your load comot Der, you de look for trouble wey you no fit carry
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by flexyrule(m): 9:59am On Dec 26, 2021
Ryda:
Abeg paste on the previous thread make I confirm something

Please don't fight back, like you said he's an elderly man.
He shouldn't fight back, because the man is an elderly man... grin grin grin grin

So an elderly man should terminate the young man's life because he is an elderly man.

Omoh, una dey reason here ooooo
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by HEAVEN4444: 10:01am On Dec 26, 2021
blackgold2018:
fool you are still ranting against the man

Ungrateful entitled vagabond
why kick a dog when its down ? he has already admitted his fuckup and has gotten another place and is moving out . why try to squeeze blood out of stone ? this your wicked black heart need resuscitation
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by porthouse7(f): 10:03am On Dec 26, 2021
dis small wound u dey call almost kill

2 Likes

Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by chloride6: 10:04am On Dec 26, 2021
Why did you resign during holiday?

2 Likes

Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by b3llo(m): 10:04am On Dec 26, 2021
Witnesstony28:

you chop luck him no comot your head. Better pack out today Na u say u wan resign
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by Chinny024(f): 10:07am On Dec 26, 2021
Witnesstony28:

Why did you indicate that you are resigning when you have not even received your December salary..That money won't be paid again.E don enter case..

2 Likes

Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by BluntTheApostle(m): 10:09am On Dec 26, 2021
My brother, your job is tied to that accommodation.

Since you resigned of your own accord, they are not obligated to give you all the time in the world to find another accommodation. In fact, they have been reasonable enough with you.

You cannot be enjoying free accommodation which is tied to a job that you have resigned from. Do not forget that someone else would replace you, and would need that accommodation.

Vacate the premises as soon as possible. As for your injuries, you may press charges. But know it that you didn't do the right thing by enjoying free accommodation for a job that you have resigned from? Let your conscience judge you. I am sure you can't take it yourself. Empathy is a very important emotional intelligence skill. And it is obvious you lack empathy.

1 Like

Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by DFERENCE: 10:09am On Dec 26, 2021
Its not too late to apologize and continue working, being that you seem broke, to err is human and to 4give is divine but then it is expected that you don't take the advice being that on your thread b4 this one all the advice went to waste, happy new year in advance, wish u all the best
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by Pinkzebra: 10:09am On Dec 26, 2021
Guy , I have no pity for you. The man was right to come use violence on you because if he had not you don't sound like someone who has got his shit together to move out. You mean you resigned without having a place already? Whoever gave you this advice no serious.
The man is right having an okada rider work as an educator in a school is wrong. All shade of wrong . You are supposed to be a model for the little kids . If they see you riding they will think aspiring to be a bike man is okay. I won't put my kid in such a position neither will I put my business . Is denting really.
I do not look down on okada riders they have their own usefulness in the society and contribute to the country's GDP but you can't mix both jobs . A government school would be better not private.
You should have planned to buy bike and give it up for higher purchase .
I have two colleagues who did that and they have bought up to three bikes making profit.
Forget case and leave the apartment is not your father's. The man was even kind to give you some days . Since you resign you were supposed to leave that day you dropped letter
You don't have the right to December salary you were supposed to give at least one month notice ahead

4 Likes

Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by Oyerinde16(m): 10:09am On Dec 26, 2021
You have a case, he cannot eject you if he his owing you. But if its DEC salary that is half and ended on the 12th or 13th, it can be tricky cos he will claim DEC has not ended and so the monthly circle is still running. All you can do now is report to the police, he has absolutely no right to inflict bodily injury on you. He took the laws into his hands. You get very tricky case, e fit favor u e fit no favor u.

Anyway, I get aeroplane to sell 3.5m but e get landing and taking off problem...

1 Like

Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by alizma: 10:09am On Dec 26, 2021
Witnesstony28:

Oga, your days in his house ended the day you announced your resignation. The man is kind to have given you some days to move out so please park out and thank him for his kindness in the past.
You should have thought of your accomodation challenge before you tender your resignation.

1 Like

Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by Dazall: 10:09am On Dec 26, 2021
I saw your earlier thread and I was like wtf, leaving a teaching job and going into okada full time. Seeing this your current thread has already made me believe that your village people are after your life. How much do you think you will make from okada full time in a month compared to your teaching job which comes with a free accomodation.

Most times people are their own downfall, in your earlier thread you received alot of great advice some were of the opinion that you lease the bike out and take a steady amount every week to augment your salary job but nope you say na suffer head you want.

Now you will now start house hunting and possibly job hunting when you finally discover that you made a very FOOLISH DECISION.

1 Like

Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by blackgold2018(m): 10:14am On Dec 26, 2021
Witnesstony28:

You must be abysmally foolish!
If you don't have anything to say, fool fvck off before ⚡ fire your stupid hands �!
you are ungrateful being
People like you don’t go far in life.

You don’t know anything.

3 Likes

Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by lilcashking(m): 10:15am On Dec 26, 2021
Jobless and homeless

1 Like

Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by EmemObong03: 10:15am On Dec 26, 2021
What was your plan before you throw in your resignation?
Are you not aware that you MUST RETURN ALL THE FIRM'S PROPERTY IN YOUR POSSESION BEFORE YOU WORK OUT OF THE DOOR?
I call you a fool having the gut to ask for salary before you pack out
Thank God for being among the living today
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by Annie001: 10:15am On Dec 26, 2021
Witnesstony28:

You are not okay
What were you thinking by resigning when you haven't gotten your own place?
If you were the man would you have taken such
Please geddifok out
Wicked being
Where should the person they want to employ stay

1 Like

Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by Teenaira: 10:16am On Dec 26, 2021
Witnesstony28:

I believe you have drawn up your plan before resigning. Look, the truth is that your resignation is a tough situation for the man because he has not prepared for it. It will be wrong for you to also hold on to his apartment.
I wish you the very best this new year. Stay away from trouble and stay committed to your plan. You have told us the bad side of the story now. I believe with lots of determination and strong will you will still come back to tell us the good side of the story.
So brother, I waiting very anxiously to here the good side. Please do not do anything or cause any other problem for the man and I know very well that doors will open for you.
I will be expecting my red wine. You are blessed.

1 Like

Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by Nobody: 10:16am On Dec 26, 2021
Witnesstony28:

I read your previous thread when you were seeking advice whether to resign from your teaching job and focus your Okada work.Those who adviced you to leave are the ones attacking you for leaving the job.If na you be the boss you go allow your former employee still remain in your apartment after he has resigned?The mistake you made is when you are still living in the apartment after you have left the job.No man go accept such,

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Meet Husseini Jidauna, The Dancing Traffic Police Officer In Adamawa State / Newly Recruited Soldiers Being Flogged, Swim Inside Gutter, As Part Of Training / Working In A Hotel For 6 Months Now: My Experience.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.