Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,562 members, 7,812,822 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:59 PM

My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. - Career (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. (51858 Views)

Was My Boss Right For Sacking Me Because I Was Hypotized. / I Commented 'What A Nice Picture' On My Boss' Photo And She Is Taking It Up / My Boss Asked Security To Throw Me Out Because I Asked For My Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by Nobody: 10:30pm On Dec 26, 2021
Nazgul:
I just read your previous thread, and to be honest, you're didn't take the right decision.

Like what were you thinking, you literally threw away a free accommodation job to go and ride okada...you don't have anywhere on ground to lay your head yet you hurriedly rushed and tendered your resignation letter for okada business, do you know how dangerous riding okada is?

I thought that with all the advice you received from that thread you'd at least make the best out of your teaching job by approaching parents for private tutorials and other side Hussle as cash comes in.

In life you don't take decisions without weighing the consequences, now you've been thrown out of your home what's your next step, can the little income you make from okada be enough for you to rent an accommodation?

As for the landlord, he's right, you have no business in that house cos he didn't sack you, you left willingly so he expected you to vacate their premises on the agreeded date, unfortunately you didn't, so he felt what are you doing here since you're no longer with us.

Finally, don't waste your time and money going to the police station, cos they'll charge you to open case file, and close the case once the school explains their carefully edited side of the story, and of course palm greasing would be done so you won't get any justice.

OP listen to this Guy
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by Fantazy(m): 10:39pm On Dec 26, 2021
But wait o, were you thinking of still staying in the school's apartment given to you even when you chose to resign? Haba!
You should have planned that out even before tendering your resignation.

1 Like

Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by 2buffagain(m): 11:15pm On Dec 26, 2021
So you used your own two heads to resign from a job, knowing fully well that that same job is housing you?
And you did not already have arrangements?
And they even extended for you again?

OP you are the type of idiot I hope never to deal with in my life.
Completely and utterly stupid.

You better get out of that house before mopol comes for you.
Trash.
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by 2buffagain(m): 11:15pm On Dec 26, 2021
Fantazy:
But wait o, were you thinking of still staying in the school's apartment given to you even when you chose to resign? Haba!
You should have planned that out even before tendering your resignation.

This is how you know that the OP is an idiot.
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by 2buffagain(m): 11:17pm On Dec 26, 2021
emmyN:

So you had to wait till you got in a fight before you made any effort to find an apartment. I'm afraid you are not very wise. I followed the previous thread and you received very good advises but chose to jettison them all angry

The OP is a true idiot.
Some people just decide to be parasites.

1 Like

Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by mediclife1987(m): 12:01am On Dec 27, 2021
gassbee:
no worry na until dem hang one of your leg igbobi

Nna meen, na to begin give myself brain oh...na to avoid lateness to work, dey make me fly bike...but I'll have to adjust my time, and wake up more early...
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by kkins25(m): 1:51am On Dec 27, 2021
too much motivational videos.
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by zoghys: 7:48am On Dec 27, 2021
Witnesstony28:
Today ended as a bad day.

If you remember in my previous post on my resigning from my place of work and focus on my bike full time, I wrote to the school management informing them that I will not continue with them since they don't buy the idea of combining their work and my bike.

So some weeks ago, they asked that I leave their apartment on or before 21st December.

After some days, they called to ask if I had left, to which I told them I have not gotten a place yet.

So they extended to today being Friday, 24th.

This evening, the owner of the school (an elderly man) came to the apartment to throw my stuffs out that I must leave their school since they didn't sack me. That I choose to resign.

I explained to him that I have not been able to get a place.

When I now told him I needed him to pay me for December so I could add to my money and get a place.

Na there the man flare up, rushed inside the apartment and started throwing my shoes away and as if that wasn't enough he rushed out and went to the metal pole used to hold the car wheel used as bell and rushed towards me and hit my leg with it. I thought this man was joking, he targeted my head and missed.

Immediately I felt my colleague held the rod, I looked at my leg and saw blood gushing out.

I am contemplating reporting to the police with the injury.

But I still want seek counsel from you guys whether it's wise doing that.

Here is the picture of the rod and injury inflicted on me by the man.

I just regret not video recording it. That would have been a stronger proof.

Your argument was not compelling and preposterous. You resign your appointment, yet you want to keep the fringe benefit that comes with the appointment. The man has every right to know your ass on the street, so Dont start a war you can't win.
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by safarigirl(f): 1:48pm On Dec 27, 2021
Oyerinde16:

He has a good case to some extent, we don't know the terms of the contract. However it is a breach to
1* inflict bodily injury on someone in a civil matter.
2* the proprietor took laws into his own his own hands. He should have reported the matter to the police.
3* Some organizations need only 7days notice, and if he did, he is still on track.
4* in all, the police should have being involved, now the proprietor has taken laws into his hands, the employee has a case.

The employee has no case, and if he did, he does not have any money to prosecute the case

When he goes to file a police report, they will inform him that he has no case. He will learn the hard way.
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by FriendsAndFans(m): 2:08pm On Dec 27, 2021
H
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by MisterKennedy(m): 3:36pm On Dec 27, 2021
safarigirl:

The employee has no case, and if he did, he does not have any money to prosecute the case

When he goes to file a police report, they will inform him that he has no case. He will learn the hard way.

Merry Christmas to you Safari girl

And I wish you the best year so far in 2022

You're so beautiful
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by JackHamma1234(m): 4:47pm On Dec 27, 2021
First of all always learn to be tactful when working under someone.
1. If you must resign get your last salary even if you have to claim an urgent need for funds

2. If you are in possession of any company items make sure it's it they are intact. Then start returning them gradually .

3. Always avoid giving out details or next move to colleagues no matter how close or drop hints to clients or customers

4. If you live in company residence get another place well ahead of your resignation like a month ahead so once you're resignation is accepted you move.

5. Ensure you have put everything in place so that they won't need to call you after you leave.

Witnesstony28:
Today ended as a bad day.

If you remember in my previous post on my resigning from my place of work and focus on my bike full time, I wrote to the school management informing them that I will not continue with them since they don't buy the idea of combining their work and my bike.

So some weeks ago, they asked that I leave their apartment on or before 21st December.

After some days, they called to ask if I had left, to which I told them I have not gotten a place yet.

So they extended to today being Friday, 24th.

This evening, the owner of the school (an elderly man) came to the apartment to throw my stuffs out that I must leave their school since they didn't sack me. That I choose to resign.

I explained to him that I have not been able to get a place.

When I now told him I needed him to pay me for December so I could add to my money and get a place.

Na there the man flare up, rushed inside the apartment and started throwing my shoes away and as if that wasn't enough he rushed out and went to the metal pole used to hold the car wheel used as bell and rushed towards me and hit my leg with it. I thought this man was joking, he targeted my head and missed.

Immediately I felt my colleague held the rod, I looked at my leg and saw blood gushing out.

I am contemplating reporting to the police with the injury.

But I still want seek counsel from you guys whether it's wise doing that.

Here is the picture of the rod and injury inflicted on me by the man.

I just regret not video recording it. That would have been a stronger proof.
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by Proudlyngwa(m): 6:07pm On Dec 27, 2021
Witnesstony28:
Thanks to everyone who commented, I took the wrong step. But even at that, the man had not right to become violent over the matter.

If not just because of the respect I have for my father, I for show that man say, he's an old man.

Also he's so lucky that I didn't record the event else I would have dealt with him with it by the time I send the video online and to all their parent.

I was able to get a self contain room this afternoon!

So am leaving there to face my life!

OP u didn't take the wrong step
Do you have an employment letter
Do you have proof of payment

You can't evict someone staying with u whether free or rented without at least 3 months notice
He has no right to evict you that's the job of the court and law enforcement agents

He was violent towards you, bit that is difficult to prove

Speak to a competent lawyer

95% of nairalanders know nothing
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by Proudlyngwa(m): 6:09pm On Dec 27, 2021
babavik:

Dear goody234, the guy is not a tenant per say. His school gave him "FREE ACCOMMODATION" because he is "WORKING FOR THEM" he "IS NOT" paying rent. He tendered his resignation "wholeheartedly" thereby "TERMINATING" his contract with the school that give him free accommodation. He wasn't forced to resign.
So this has nothing to do with 3 months whatever.
So he should move.

Whether you are paying rent or not quit notice is 3 month
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by gassbee: 9:24pm On Dec 27, 2021
Proudlyngwa:

OP u didn't take the wrong step
Do you have an employment letter
Do you have proof of payment

You can't evict someone staying with u whether free or rented without at least 3 months notice
He has no right to evict you that's the job of the court and law enforcement agents

He was violent towards you, bit that is difficult to prove

Speak to a competent lawyer

95% of nairalanders know nothing
this is not a rented apartment but a private property. This is not a tenant n landlord matter.
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by Danybuka(m): 2:12pm On Dec 31, 2021
DFERENCE:
Its not too late to apologize and continue working, being that you seem broke, to err is human and to 4give is divine but then it is expected that you don't take the advice being that on your thread b4 this one all the advice went to waste, happy new year in advance, wish u all the best
Bleep
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by FriendsAndFans(m): 12:59pm On Aug 01, 2022
Witnesstony28 I remembered your thread today. How were you able to settle it ?
Hope you've gotten a better place now

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Meet Husseini Jidauna, The Dancing Traffic Police Officer In Adamawa State / Newly Recruited Soldiers Being Flogged, Swim Inside Gutter, As Part Of Training / Working In A Hotel For 6 Months Now: My Experience.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.