Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,581 members, 7,812,900 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:45 PM

My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. - Career (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. (51859 Views)

Was My Boss Right For Sacking Me Because I Was Hypotized. / I Commented 'What A Nice Picture' On My Boss' Photo And She Is Taking It Up / My Boss Asked Security To Throw Me Out Because I Asked For My Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by RodgersAkpafu: 12:37pm On Dec 26, 2021
SocialJustice:
Some humans go dey behave like goats. You don't have new accommodation yet but you're rushing to resign. Rubbish, you get luck say the man miss your head, you for die for nothing.
Why so harsh
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by RodgersAkpafu: 12:38pm On Dec 26, 2021
mummymum:

Why should he go to the police when he himself is guilty. I just pray the man will deal with him drastically. You that advice him, if you were the owner of the school, I hope you will accommodate him because he's your brother. Instead of him to use the little that he has to find a small place and relocate let him go and look for more problems this Christmas at the end you his adviser will not be there to rescue him.

Why are you people like this ?
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by smallvill(m): 12:41pm On Dec 26, 2021
Witnesstony28:
Today ended as a bad day.

If you remember in my previous post on my resigning from my place of work and focus on my bike full time, I wrote to the school management informing them that I will not continue with them since they don't buy the idea of combining their work and my bike.

So some weeks ago, they asked that I leave their apartment on or before 21st December.

After some days, they called to ask if I had left, to which I told them I have not gotten a place yet.

So they extended to today being Friday, 24th.

This evening, the owner of the school (an elderly man) came to the apartment to throw my stuffs out that I must leave their school since they didn't sack me. That I choose to resign.

I explained to him that I have not been able to get a place.

When I now told him I needed him to pay me for December so I could add to my money and get a place.

Na there the man flare up, rushed inside the apartment and started throwing my shoes away and as if that wasn't enough he rushed out and went to the metal pole used to hold the car wheel used as bell and rushed towards me and hit my leg with it. I thought this man was joking, he targeted my head and missed.

Immediately I felt my colleague held the rod, I looked at my leg and saw blood gushing out.

I am contemplating reporting to the police with the injury.

But I still want seek counsel from you guys whether it's wise doing that.

Here is the picture of the rod and injury inflicted on me by the man.

I just regret not video recording it. That would have been a stronger proof.

Come Mr man, How old are you, Am sure you are not a baby, you do not want to work but yet want to still chop from the place. you are even to leave that apartment the same day you left the Job. How can you leave Job with accommodation for Okada, what if police collect your okada what do you do then, na wa for some Nigerians.
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by Goldie16(f): 12:42pm On Dec 26, 2021
lereinter:

So elderly man should be giving body injury

Koni dafun iwo ati elderly man

Fight him back and spend 30 years in jail for manslaughter. Do I need to say more?
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by NOETHNICITY(m): 12:43pm On Dec 26, 2021
Yinkakolawole:
Wetin make you resign when u ve not got another place to live. If the mistakenly go break ur head, my brother na u cause am oooo. They dont need to tell you, you use ur common sense.
Most Nigerians are suffering self-inflicted poverty due to unintelligent decisions they make. And they will come back to blame it on Buhari.

1 Like

Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by Emylex: 12:49pm On Dec 26, 2021
DemMannaScam:
Your boss?
Commot for him house, he is not ur boss anymore...

E be like say u be jonsing man.

how do you think you can be making from the okada that will cater for all your expenses,I think you are making a great mistake
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by Tumbulum: 12:51pm On Dec 26, 2021
SocialJustice:
Some humans go dey behave like goats. You don't have new accommodation yet but you're rushing to resign. Rubbish, you get luck say the man miss your head, you for die for nothing.
what happened to the man inviting the police to throw him out. If he killed him in the process,the man is in for life and nobody will Care if the guy has stayed in his house 200 years without paying.
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by tunlasky: 12:51pm On Dec 26, 2021
Witnesstony28:

If you remember in my previous post on my resigning from my place of work and focus on my bike full time, I wrote to the school management informing them that I will not continue with them since they don't buy the idea of combining their work and my bike.

So some weeks ago, they asked that I leave their apartment on or before 21st December.

After some days, they called to ask if I had left, to which I told them I have not gotten a place yet.

This evening, the owner of the school (an elderly man) came to the apartment to throw my stuffs out that I must leave their school since they didn't sack me. That I choose to resign.

When I now told him I needed him to pay me for December so I could add to my money and get a place.

Na there the man flare up, rushed inside the apartment and started throwing my shoes away and as if that wasn't enough he rushed out and went to the metal pole used to hold the car wheel used as bell and rushed towards me and hit my leg with it. I thought this man was joking, he targeted my head and missed.

Immediately I felt my colleague held the rod, I looked at my leg and saw blood gushing out.

But I still want to seek counsel from you guys whether it's wise doing that.

I just regret not video recording it. That would have been stronger proof.

Your fault bro, you can't resign from a job and still occupies the company's premises, you should have gotten a place b4 you resign
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by rezzy: 12:57pm On Dec 26, 2021
SocialJustice:

Madd o
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by BigBizzy(m): 12:58pm On Dec 26, 2021
You sef leave the house na make them no dey treat you like immigrant
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by NOETHNICITY(m): 1:00pm On Dec 26, 2021
OVB123:
The heart of human are despirately wicked. The man is properly angry because u are an important person to the school and seeing u leave is not an easy one for him to bear. My only advise for u is to leave the apartment for peace to reign and never contemplate reporting it to the police because he can easily bribe them and justice will be delay. Just put yourself together and forge ahead for your future is bright.
Which yeye justice are you talking about?
1, If the landlord pleads not guilty it will be difficult for the op (complainant) to prove beyond reasonable doubt that it wasn't a case of two-fighting.
2, If the ops is unable to prove his case the police maybe forced to charge them both for disturbance of peace and other charges. In which case he will come and be shouting that they have bribed the police and they have taken sides.
3, Even if the employer gets convicted for assault, he's not going to jail if he's a first offender and consideration will be given to the provocative circumstance of the complainant resigning and refusing to leave the apartment meant for staff or employee of the school.

You can't eat your cake and have it

Ops is an example of most Nigerians whose poverty situation is simply self-inflicted.

1 Like

Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 1:03pm On Dec 26, 2021
I don't like commenting on a one sided story. I will comment when I hear from the other party.
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by mrsfavour(f): 1:10pm On Dec 26, 2021
SocialJustice:
am laughing so hard here. He didn't look before leaping.

1 Like

Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by mediclife1987(m): 1:26pm On Dec 26, 2021
Nazgul:
I just read your previous thread, and to be honest, you're didn't take the right decision.

Like what were you thinking, you literally threw away a free accommodation job to go and ride okada...you don't have anywhere on ground to lay your head yet you hurriedly rushed and tendered your resignation letter for okada business, do you know how dangerous riding okada is?

I thought that with all the advice you received from that thread you'd at least make the best out of your teaching job by approaching parents for private tutorials and other side Hussle as cash comes in.

In life you don't take decisions without weighing the consequences, now you've been thrown out of your home what's your next step, can the little income you make from okada be enough for you to rent an accommodation?

As for the landlord, he's right, you have no business in that house cos he didn't sack you, you left willingly so he expected you to vacate their premises on the agreeded date, unfortunately you didn't, so he felt what are you doing here since you're no longer with us.

Finally, don't waste your time and money going to the police station, cos they'll charge you to open case file, and close the case once the school explains their carefully edited side of the story, and of course palm greasing would be done so you won't get any justice.

Is okada really that dangerous?
Na okada I dey always spend #1,500 on everyday go work.
So you mean I'm playing 2odds with my life?
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by jp130(m): 1:37pm On Dec 26, 2021
Guy no carry dis kind mentality enta 2022 please. I gav u a job, plus accomodation join. U come resign n still wants to stay for my accomodation. Then my new employee(your replacement) go stay where? I pray he forgives u
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by EteBabaagba222(m): 1:38pm On Dec 26, 2021
I guess no body advices u to resign bc i read your post and comment. Two wrong can amount to right. Don't report to police, get out from that apartment and work hard. The man will later regret his actions. No matter what u did, He didn't have d right to hit you. Work hard and let ur success fight him

1 Like

Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by Testimony1988(m): 1:58pm On Dec 26, 2021
I can remember the story, report him to the police and don't delay, he needs to be cautioned not to harm you.
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by Testimony1988(m): 1:59pm On Dec 26, 2021
I can remember the story, report him to the police and don't delay, he needs to be caution not to harm you.
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by Saintinoo(m): 2:04pm On Dec 26, 2021
FriendsAndFans:
Since you chose to resign, you should have considered where you were going to stay. They gave you enough grace to move which lapsed today being 24th.

That being said, the owner of the school shouldn't have injured you. Even if you report it to the police, you will still be asked to leave the house asap

Stay away from trouble abeg bros
Na this same Nairaland people make him resign without finding a place to stay, with their motivational talks... I pity people who look for life changing advice online, especially on Nairaland where you have so many kids acting adults.
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by Testimony1988(m): 2:07pm On Dec 26, 2021
Yinkakolawole:
Wetin make you resign when u ve not got another place to live. If the mistakenly go break ur head, my brother na u cause am oooo. They dont need to tell you, you use ur common sense.
Just because the man pleaded to give him more time to pack shouldn't use force on him to leave his house, what if he eventually kills him, he won't enjoy his school and he will spend his remaining life in prison, the old man should be wise, he's angry because his worker left his school to hustle for himself, and mind you to make it in life, teaching job in a private school won't make one to achieve that dream.

1 Like

Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by Panda7(m): 2:10pm On Dec 26, 2021
op why u no give am smack-down?
all this old men with bloated ego
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by kachistone: 2:16pm On Dec 26, 2021
SocialJustice:

This your response unnecessary. Yes the time given to the OP to leave the house has expired but if OP reports the man, the case can turn to attempted murder.
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by Munzy14(m): 2:20pm On Dec 26, 2021
Yinkakolawole:
Common sense is not common...... grin grin
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by kachistone: 2:21pm On Dec 26, 2021
Nazgul:

I have to disagree with you.

He's only entitled to an extended stay if it was a rented apartment and he was given quit notice.

In this case it's an official apartment, meaning whoever they employ to fill up the vacant position will obviously live there.

And to make matter worse, he wasn't sacked by the school, he left willingly, if he was sacked he can claim he doesn't have where to stay, then the police can buy him some time from the school.

He can't win this case in the police station, it's very simple, you tendered a resignation letter, and have stopped teaching their students, why block the apartment. He has to vacate their premises.

And you feel that is enough for the boss to make an attempt to kill the OP right? There are lawful ways of evicting people.
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by Munzy14(m): 2:22pm On Dec 26, 2021
SocialJustice:
Lol...OP is something else..

Na the bike money remove his common sense...

No forward plans..Just living for the moment.
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by mfm04622: 2:59pm On Dec 26, 2021
Leave the place. Even if it is to go back to your father's house or a friend in the meantime
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by Originalsly: 3:03pm On Dec 26, 2021
Witnesstony28:

I will not continue with them since they don't buy the idea of combining their work and my bike.

I choose to resign.

Hmmmm....... something is wrong with you. The school must change their programme to cater for your okada work hours. They didn't... you resigned. Don't you know the day of resignation is the day you cut ties with the school? .... but still be squatting in their place for five days.... and even allowed extra days. Why do you feel entitled to be there? One of our problems is we always believe we can explain and everything will be ok. I hope you learned something new .... the man used the tyre iron because that was nearby ... if you're still there .... squatting ... I'm not sure if he will return to evict you with a machete .... or AK. You are wrong bro..... dead wrong.

1 Like

Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by creepsyme(f): 3:17pm On Dec 26, 2021
Witnesstony28:

But I still want seek counsel from you guys whether it's wise doing that.

I just regret not video recording it. That would have been a stronger proof.
You are lucky he didn't kill you.
You should have moved out before resignation.
That's the right thing to do.
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by SocialJustice: 3:19pm On Dec 26, 2021
kachistone:

This your response unnecessary. Yes the time given to the OP to leave the house has expired but if OP reports the man, the case can turn to attempted murder.
OP never fit chop na court case he want pursue? Please be realistic.
Re: My Boss Almost Killed Me Today Because I Have Not Packed From His Apartment. by Witnesstony28: 3:21pm On Dec 26, 2021
porthouse7:
dis small wound u dey call almost kill

He actually aimed for my head but missed and hit my knee.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Meet Husseini Jidauna, The Dancing Traffic Police Officer In Adamawa State / Newly Recruited Soldiers Being Flogged, Swim Inside Gutter, As Part Of Training / Working In A Hotel For 6 Months Now: My Experience.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.