Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,020 members, 7,852,492 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 07:08 PM

Merry Christmas To All Nairalanders - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Merry Christmas To All Nairalanders (266 Views)

Merry Christmas To All Nairalanders / Merry Christmas To All Nairalanders / Merry Christmas Nairalanders - 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Merry Christmas To All Nairalanders by Authority1o1(m): 12:02am On Dec 25, 2021
It's another Christmas!

It's yet another day fixed to commemorate the birth of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

Merry Christmas to everyone.

1 Like

Re: Merry Christmas To All Nairalanders by revived2: 12:03am On Dec 25, 2021
cool cool
Re: Merry Christmas To All Nairalanders by spydera: 12:05am On Dec 25, 2021
Besides been alive and in good health, there's nothing merry about this season especially in this country.
Normal
Re: Merry Christmas To All Nairalanders by isaiah4life(m): 12:06am On Dec 25, 2021
Merry Christmas boss. More bliss and wins.
Re: Merry Christmas To All Nairalanders by Authority1o1(m): 12:06am On Dec 25, 2021
A Brief History Of Christmas

Christmas is celebrated on December 25 and is both a sacred religious holiday and a worldwide cultural and commercial phenomenon. For two millennia, people around the world have been observing it with traditions and practices that are both religious and secular in nature. Christians celebrate Christmas Day as the anniversary of the birth of Jesus of Nazareth, a spiritual leader whose teachings form the basis of their religion. Popular customs include exchanging gifts, decorating Christmas trees, attending church, sharing meals with family and friends and, of course, waiting for Santa Claus to arrive. December 25—Christmas Day—has been a federal holiday in the United States since 1870.

Source: History.com.

What's With The Qualm About Christmas?

It is true that the ancient Romans and Europeans had major hedonistic celebrations in this period of the year which were mostly to appreciate their gods. For instance, the Europeans celebrated birth and light during the winter solstice. The Scandinavians celebrated the Yule, and all were pagan.

With the spread and growth of Christianity, the Church decided to replace these traditions which had been in place even long before the birth of Jesus Christ. Not being able to fully institute that, Pope Julius 1 chose December 25 as a day to mark the birth of Jesus. And I think he successfully overwrote and abolished the pagan traditions, as Christmas has become a worldwide celebration. (Funfact: Christmas is the biggest celebration in the world, followed by Hanukkah, New Year, Chinese New Year and others.)

It is simply a worthy commemoration, notwithstanding the period it is celebrated; it is just for one to personally agree that he is remembering the birth of Jesus Christ. Whether Lucifer was born on or celebrated today shouldn't be an argument.

Enjoy.
Re: Merry Christmas To All Nairalanders by judedwriter(m): 12:14am On Dec 25, 2021
Merry Christmas to all!!!!

Joy to the world, the saviour is born. Christmas is always a time of joy and rejoicing...

For the fact that Jesus is alive, there is hope, no matter how dark it seems out there.
Re: Merry Christmas To All Nairalanders by Kobojunkie: 1:27am On Dec 25, 2021
Authority1o1:
It's another Christmas!

It's yet another day fixed to commemorate the birth of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

Merry Christmas to everyone!
Celebrating Christmas In the name of Jesus Christ is sin against Jesus Christ who never asked you to commemorate Him in such a way. undecided

Christmas is instead a secular/Pagan holiday. undecided

Anyways, Merry Christmas/Xmas to you and to all a Wonderful season ! undecided
Re: Merry Christmas To All Nairalanders by isaiah4life(m): 1:29am On Dec 25, 2021
Did Jesus Christ asked you to chat on nairaland. Why are you chatting online? Where is it written in the scriptures for us to chat on nairaland?

I will celebrate Christmas.

Kobojunkie:
Celebrating Christmas In the name of Jesus Christ is sin against Jesus Christ who never asked you to commemorate Him in such a way. undecided

Christmas is instead a secular/Pagan holiday. undecided

Anyways, Merry Christmas/Xmas to you and to all a Wonderful season ! undecided
Re: Merry Christmas To All Nairalanders by Kobojunkie: 1:36am On Dec 25, 2021
isaiah4life:
Did Jesus Christ asked you to chat on nairaland. Why are you chatting online? Where is it written in the scriptures for us to chat on nairaland?

I will celebrate Christmas.
I don't chat online chatting pretending I honor Jesus Christ or the Kingdom of God by it... lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

I also celebrate Christmas too. If you would maybe put your brain back on and carefully read through my previous submission, Maybe you will find that you missed the key message by over a mile.. undecided
Re: Merry Christmas To All Nairalanders by VickyRotex(f): 1:57am On Dec 25, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I don't chat online chatting pretending I honor Jesus Christ or the Kingdom of God by it... lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

I also celebrate Christmas too. If you would maybe put your brain back on and carefully read through my previous submission, Maybe you will find that you missed the key message by over a mile.. undecided

Why does the last line of all most of your comments have to end with undecided ? undecided
Re: Merry Christmas To All Nairalanders by VickyRotex(f): 1:58am On Dec 25, 2021
Anyhoo...... Merry Christmas NLders!!! cool

Re: Merry Christmas To All Nairalanders by Kobojunkie: 2:24am On Dec 25, 2021
VickyRotex:
Why does the last line of all most of your comments have to end with undecided ? undecided
Part of my TM. undecided
Re: Merry Christmas To All Nairalanders by RoyalBlu(f): 4:08am On Dec 25, 2021
It's Christmas Day smiley

May the remaining days of this year and beyond be filled with peace and joy for us all.

Despite all the calamities all around, we're still here. That's something to be super thankful and grateful for.

Season's Greetings beautiful people! smiley
Re: Merry Christmas To All Nairalanders by DSC7: 4:43am On Dec 25, 2021
Merry Xmas to you all....

Re: Merry Christmas To All Nairalanders by OBALOLA55(m): 6:34am On Dec 25, 2021
Authority1o1:
It's another Christmas!

Merry Christmas to everyone!
OAM4J
Lalasticlala
I’M A NAIRALANDER, KINDLY EXCLUDE ME FROM YOUR EVIL CELEBRATION angry
Re: Merry Christmas To All Nairalanders by VickyRotex(f): 2:13am On Dec 26, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Part of my TM. undecided

Oh I see undecided

(1) (Reply)

“I Have Mastercard And I Won’t Go To Hell” – Mummy G.O Says, Denies Preaching / Why Does God Permit Suffering? / CAC President Dedicates Unified Bible Study Manual

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.