Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,219 members, 7,815,259 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:48 AM

5 Things Christmas Should Always Remind Us Of - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 5 Things Christmas Should Always Remind Us Of (5560 Views)

See 5 Things I Did As A Teenager That I Still Benefit From As An Adult (pictures / 5 Things You Should Do Before You Die / 5 Things That God's Anointing Cannot Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Things Christmas Should Always Remind Us Of by Interesting15: 7:04am On Dec 25, 2021
Jesus Christ is the reason for the pleasant season. We must always remember this. The reason many people celebrate Christmas in a sinful way and ended up displeasing the God they should be celebrating, is because they never truly know the Person being celebrated today, as well as the true essence and purpose that brought about Christmas in the first place.

This beautiful season is beyond the noises - we must also take out time to reflect upon the great sacrifices made by the God-head just to see Christmas become a reality. Wisdom demands that we should always extract wisdom from the whole Christmas story. Here are five things we should be reminded of:

1. Christmas came because Jesus Christ decided to come to the earth to die for our sins and reconcile us back to God. After mankind fell in the Garden of Eden due to the sin of disobedience, we became miserable and terrible creatures. But God showed us mercy and decided to come down here in the form of human to offer His perfect blood as a sacrifice for our sins.

Hence, scripture says, "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life" (John 3:16).

This is basically the reason Jesus Christ came. This is the summary of a true Christmas story. And anyone who believes in Jesus Christ becomes a new creature that would regain the life of God and the Authority which Adam and Eve lost in the garden of Eden.

2. Christmas reminds us that God still cares for us and is not giving up on mankind. God esteemed mankind very highly upon creating him - because He deposited in us things He didn't even give to Angels. Alas! We still messed up! Nevertheless, because He loves us and genuinely cares for us, He still came to the world on a Christmas day just to redeem us. Right now, while many humans are running away from having an intimate relationship with Him, He is still not giving up on them, but He still chases us with His love. Jesus is so Sweet and Amazing.

3. Christmas reminds us that it is possible to live a life that's above sin and death. Jesus Christ did that! He lived a pure perfect sinless life. It means we can also live a perfect holy life for God. It means we can live a life of dominion above sin, satan, death, hell, poverty, sickness, and anything negative. Don't settle for less!

4. Christmas reminds us that Jesus will come back again. There were prophecies that heralded His first coming - and they came to pass. He Himself prophesied that He will come back again to take His saints to Heaven. If Christmas could become a reality, rapture will become a reality too. Hence, wisdom demands that we live solely for God, forsaking sin and embracing holiness and righteousness in Christ Jesus.

5. Christmas reminds us of the need to celebrate with eternity in view and reciprocate God's love. Love brought Him here in the first place. To reciprocate His love, you have to give Him your entirety too. He gave you His all - make Him happy by giving Him your all too. That is, you have to love Him with all your heart and soul and body. You have to embrace Jesus Christ as Lord and savior, and submit to the Rulership of the Holy Spirit in your life.

Christmas reminds us of the need to surrender our lives to Jesus. If you are yet to embrace Jesus as LORD and Saviour, do so right now. Simply ask Him to have mercy on you and to come into your life. Surrender your all to Him today. He deserves it.

https://www.sundayakanni.com/2021/12/5-things-christmas-should-always-remind.html

17 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 5 Things Christmas Should Always Remind Us Of by Interesting15: 7:04am On Dec 25, 2021
Today is your day of salvation, accept Jesus today as Lord and Saviour. Simply pray from the bottom of your heart:

Dear Lord Jesus, I know that I am a sinner, and I ask for Your forgiveness. I believe You died for my sins and rose from the dead. I turn from my sins and invite You to come into my heart and life. I want to trust and follow You as my Lord and Savior. In Your Name. Amen.

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 5 Things Christmas Should Always Remind Us Of by Interesting15: 7:05am On Dec 25, 2021
Christmas reminds us of the necessity of celebrating Christmas with eternity in view to please God. Some people "celebrate" in a sinful way that displeased the God they claim to be celebrating. For instance, engaging alcoholism and immoral stuff to "celebrate" Christmas. These dangerous affairs will even get some people killed on Christmas day, and send them to hell. And Christmas that is meant to bring life will eventually bring death to them. Always ask, the way I'm celebrating Christmas now, if the rapture should take place today, will I be rapturable?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things Christmas Should Always Remind Us Of by Interesting15: 7:07am On Dec 25, 2021
1. Christmas reminds us of Jesus’ sacrificial life that made the whole world proud of Him today. Decide to make the world proud by taking the right steps always

2. Christmas reminds us of the great impact Jesus had on the earth. It was so superb that the earth is yet to recover from it. He contributed so much on the earth and affected billions of people positively. Decide today that you will also impact the lives of people positively.

3. Christmas reminds us of Jesus’ kindness. You should be kind too.

4. Christmas reminds us of Jesus’ peaceful living. You should live peacefully with everyone too.

5. Christmas reminds us that Jesus did not discriminate. You too must love everyone equally and never discriminate also.

6. Christmas reminds us of Jesus’ meek and humble nature. You should decide to be a meek and humble person too

7. Christmas reminds us of how Jesus loves pleasing God. You should decide to be committed to pleasing God too.

8. Christmas reminds us of Jesus’ zeal to see the Will of God accomplished on earth. You should decide to be zealous about bringing to pass the Will of God wherever you found yourself.

9. Christmas reminds us of how Jesus died to set us free from sickness. You should hence decide that you won’t be sick again by faith in what Christ has done already for you.

10. Christmas reminds us of how Jesus contributed deeply to ensure peace reigns on earth. You should be determined to contribute peace to the earth too.

11. Christmas reminds us of how Jesus cared deeply for the hopeless and helpless and sick and poor. You should decide to show genuine care for the helpless and hopeless of the world too.

12. Christmas reminds us of how Jesus refused to fall into the tempter’s temptations. You should be determined not to fall into the tempter’s traps of temptation too.

13. Christmas reminds us of how Jesus chose to please God than to cut corners and take glory prematurely. You should decide to prioritize pleasing God above anything else on earth.

14. Christmas reminds us of how Jesus lived a pure perfect and sinless life. You should be determined to live a pure perfect and sinless life too.

15. Christmas reminds us that Jesus is coming back again to take His saints to heaven. You should therefore be determined to walk intimately with Jesus so you can be part of those who will be with Him for eternity.

In conclusion, Christmas should empower us to reciprocate the love received. First and foremost, we received God’s Love in Christ Jesus. It is beautiful to reciprocate this Love by giving ourselves fully to the LORD too. Jesus Christ is Lord and Savior. He saved the world from sin and death. Hallelujah!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Things Christmas Should Always Remind Us Of by ShobayoEmma(m): 7:18am On Dec 25, 2021
The essence of Christmas is to share love and preach the gospel. anything short of that is jamboree.

Jesus is Lord.

1 Like

Re: 5 Things Christmas Should Always Remind Us Of by Interesting15: 7:51am On Dec 25, 2021
A blessed Christmas to you daddy lalasticlala. God bless you

1 Like

Re: 5 Things Christmas Should Always Remind Us Of by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:15am On Dec 25, 2021
Christ Jesus is the word of God {John 1:1} and today we see Jesus anytime we open the Bible! 2Timothy 3:16
If what you're talking about is not biblical then know that it has nothing to do with Jesus of Nazareth, that's why you've typed so much but ignored the scriptures all through! smiley

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things Christmas Should Always Remind Us Of by tobechi20(m): 8:23am On Dec 25, 2021
Jesus was accused of blasphemy.

Mubarak Bala is accused of blasphemy

But we worship the foreigner and ignore the Nigerian
Re: 5 Things Christmas Should Always Remind Us Of by iscom(m): 9:44am On Dec 25, 2021
OK
Re: 5 Things Christmas Should Always Remind Us Of by petsey(m): 9:44am On Dec 25, 2021
May the lord help us to keep his commandments
Re: 5 Things Christmas Should Always Remind Us Of by tstx(m): 9:45am On Dec 25, 2021
Hmm
Re: 5 Things Christmas Should Always Remind Us Of by tstx(m): 9:45am On Dec 25, 2021
petsey:
May the lord help us to keep his commandments

Why do i find this funny
Re: 5 Things Christmas Should Always Remind Us Of by Beiii: 9:46am On Dec 25, 2021
The fact that people are debating whether it’s Jesus birthday or not shows where we find ourselves as individuals. I don’t a want to take anything away from the celebration so I wish you the best during this holiday season.

Practice non judgement and we all would be alright.

1 Like

Re: 5 Things Christmas Should Always Remind Us Of by Tajbol4splend(m): 9:47am On Dec 25, 2021
I woke up to the argument "Christmas is idolatry." Damnnnnnn isoraittttttt
Re: 5 Things Christmas Should Always Remind Us Of by Rastaramsey(m): 9:47am On Dec 25, 2021
Damnnnn
I don't care about this stuff you wrote

All I know is my guys and I are going to shut down everywhere for benin
Re: 5 Things Christmas Should Always Remind Us Of by superCleanworks(m): 9:48am On Dec 25, 2021
Christmas should teach you that

you are celebrating a birthday with no birth certificate, a birthday invented by a roman politician.

christmas and valentines day are the most elaborate well planned scams ever designed in the history of man. the amount of mugu that pays for this scam catches every year.

1 Like

Re: 5 Things Christmas Should Always Remind Us Of by hollamanng(m): 9:48am On Dec 25, 2021
Kn
Re: 5 Things Christmas Should Always Remind Us Of by rave1047: 9:50am On Dec 25, 2021
Birth of Jesus Christ
Re: 5 Things Christmas Should Always Remind Us Of by GOTVee: 9:51am On Dec 25, 2021
sad As a born again Christian who is meant to speak the truth at all times, I hereby warn my fellow Christians that celebration of Christmas is a sin against God and the holy spirit. Jesus christ was not born on the 25th of December. It's a day of worship for pagan god. The Bible doesn't not encourage us to celebrate Christmas but to celebrate the sacrifice of our lord Jesus. Only Muslims are allowed to celebrate the birth of their Holy prophet Muhammad (Mawlid). I see so many Christians going to hell fire. If you are celebrating Christmas today, you have sinned against God and you are only serving mermon sad
Re: 5 Things Christmas Should Always Remind Us Of by Dankovich1: 9:51am On Dec 25, 2021
Someone should please help summarize this long theory.

Merry Christmas
Re: 5 Things Christmas Should Always Remind Us Of by sammyije(m): 9:51am On Dec 25, 2021
Light my kpoli
Re: 5 Things Christmas Should Always Remind Us Of by Rosement(f): 9:52am On Dec 25, 2021
Merry Christmas to everybody, I ❤ u all and Jesus ❤❤❤s u all.
Re: 5 Things Christmas Should Always Remind Us Of by Karleb(m): 9:52am On Dec 25, 2021
It reminds me of my childhood. Christmas always come with this cool feelings and vibes. embarassed

2 Likes

Re: 5 Things Christmas Should Always Remind Us Of by Karleb(m): 9:52am On Dec 25, 2021
GOTVee:
sad As a born again Christian who is meant to speak the truth at all times, I hereby warn my fellow Christians that celebration of Christmas is a sin against God and the holy spirit. Jesus christ was not born on the 25th of December. It's a day of worship for pagan god. The Bible doesn't not encourage us to celebrate Christmas but to celebrate the sacrifice of our lord Jesus. Only Muslims are allowed to celebrate the birth of their Holy prophet Muhammad (Mawlid). I see so many Christians going to hell fire. If you are celebrating Christmas today, you have sinned against God and you are only serving mermon sad

Be calming down.

1 Like

Re: 5 Things Christmas Should Always Remind Us Of by xeratek: 9:52am On Dec 25, 2021
Why Jesus is a fictional character in a story book wink
Re: 5 Things Christmas Should Always Remind Us Of by MrPADDY(m): 9:54am On Dec 25, 2021
Happy Christmas and a prosperous new year.

1 Like

Re: 5 Things Christmas Should Always Remind Us Of by money121(m): 9:59am On Dec 25, 2021
Seen
Re: 5 Things Christmas Should Always Remind Us Of by house10s: 10:01am On Dec 25, 2021
buhari
Re: 5 Things Christmas Should Always Remind Us Of by samwheel(m): 10:02am On Dec 25, 2021
GOTVee:

Jesus' PA
Tell us d date he was born and whose names are in d book of life, seems u have seen d book.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Things Christmas Should Always Remind Us Of by Rosement(f): 10:16am On Dec 25, 2021
GOTVee:
Roman 14:1-7
1 Him that is weak in the faith receive ye, but not to doubtful disputations.

2 For one believeth that he may eat all things: another, who is weak, eateth herbs.

3 Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him which eateth not judge him that eateth: for God hath received him.

4 Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.

5 One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.

6 He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.

7 For none of us liveth to himself, and no man dieth to himself.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Have You Blasphemed YET Today? God Committed Adultery And Other Matters Arising. / Ask And You Shall Receive As This Year Is Coming To An End / Rev Funke Adejumo: It Is Wrong For A Female To Preach In Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.