Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,768 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:50 PM

The Embarrassing Thing That Happened To Me Inside A Christmas Day Church Service - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Embarrassing Thing That Happened To Me Inside A Christmas Day Church Service (19327 Views)

Yahoo Boys Spray Cash On A Pastor During Church Service / The Modern day Church And Her strange Practices / RCCG Pastor Gabriel Diya, His Son And Daughter Drown Inside A Pool In Spain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Embarrassing Thing That Happened To Me Inside A Christmas Day Church Service by Crownp(m): 11:11am On Dec 25, 2021
chatinent:

Dec 25 never related Christ!

You need to read!
The date was set apart to celebrate Christ!
Celebrate Christ or go home!
Re: The Embarrassing Thing That Happened To Me Inside A Christmas Day Church Service by respect80(m): 11:13am On Dec 25, 2021
GoldenJAT:
Lol! That soap was called truck soap or key soap in my area.

There were 2 types then.
One is called canoe soap while the other is called key soap
Re: The Embarrassing Thing That Happened To Me Inside A Christmas Day Church Service by Nobody: 11:23am On Dec 25, 2021
Mehn that one is even small.
My whole family don push motor on Christmas Day in our matching attires... would never forget the embarrassment ever
Re: The Embarrassing Thing That Happened To Me Inside A Christmas Day Church Service by mummymum: 11:36am On Dec 25, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
The Embarrassing Thing That Happened To Me Inside A Christmas Day Church Service

This was a long time ago when I used to still celebrate Christmas, and it still used to my favorite time of every calendar year which I anticipated with so much enthusiasm.

On the night before this particular Christmas day, there was no light in our area, and my Christmas cloth which was an oversized flowing agbada, was rumpled. And at the time, power generators were not as common as they are now, so not as many households had them then.

It was just a few which could be counted with the fingers on one hand, even in an area with over a hundred households, but fortunately for me at the time, I had a neighbor closeby who had one relatively big one, so I just tried my luck if they would allow me to iron my oversized Christmas agbada.

And gratefully they did, but it was not without exerting some pressure on me to hurry up so they could watch the NTA 9 pm news, therefore I had to rush the ironing so they could watch the news.

I didn't mind though, because I was able to straighten my rumpled Christmas cloth satisfactorily, so I was happy regardless.

Then there came the d-day, when I proudly put it on, and was like feeling like a king and royalty with my oversized Christmas cloth, but if it bothered anyone, that was the person's business, my own na say, I be big boy, because I was putting on my Christmas cloth, lol!

When we got to church, there was a section for teenagers and those of my age group, but I usually preferred attending the main church service, where the older ones were, so that was where I went and got a seat during the Christmas day church service.

But then unexpectedly, while I was proudly seated with my Christmas cloth, and posing especially for the "babes" around, I had a tap on my back, as someone told me that there was soap on my hair, and I was utterly flabbergasted.

What made it worse was that, it was that green truck soap of old that I used in bathing that day, so that was the kind of soap that was found on my hair on Christmas, of all days, during church service.

To say it was really embarrassing for a guy man would be a huge understatement, i had to immediately leave the service to address the urgent situation and find a way to remove it outside.

I can't say how i was able to do that because it was at the back of my hair, but that was how one single tiny thing, just rubbished all of my preparation and anticipation for that day. Just one tiny remnant of the green truck soap i used to bath that day, that decided not be rinsed away, but to stick to my hair which also happened to be a Christmas haircut.

That was how an ex "guy" man got humbled on a Christmas day.

God bless.
very funny though

1 Like

Re: The Embarrassing Thing That Happened To Me Inside A Christmas Day Church Service by mcfynest(m): 11:53am On Dec 25, 2021
chatinent:
Even as you bear Jesus, you kuma no know say dem no born Jesus for Dec 25 nor was there anytime his disciples celebrated his birthday? Abi is this the real meaning of empty vessels making the loudest noise?

Even you ITK. Was his name Jesus?
Re: The Embarrassing Thing That Happened To Me Inside A Christmas Day Church Service by mechanics(m): 12:09pm On Dec 25, 2021
Eyah.
Re: The Embarrassing Thing That Happened To Me Inside A Christmas Day Church Service by Nodogragra4me(m): 12:26pm On Dec 25, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
The Embarrassing Thing That Happened To Me Inside A Christmas Day Church Service

This was a long time ago when I used to still celebrate Christmas, and it still used to my favorite time of every calendar year which I anticipated with so much enthusiasm.

On the night before this particular Christmas day, there was no light in our area, and my Christmas cloth which was an oversized flowing agbada, was rumpled. And at the time, power generators were not as common as they are now, so not as many households had them then.

It was just a few which could be counted with the fingers on one hand, even in an area with over a hundred households, but fortunately for me at the time, I had a neighbor closeby who had one relatively big one, so I just tried my luck if they would allow me to iron my oversized Christmas agbada.

And gratefully they did, but it was not without exerting some pressure on me to hurry up so they could watch the NTA 9 pm news, therefore I had to rush the ironing so they could watch the news.

I didn't mind though, because I was able to straighten my rumpled Christmas cloth satisfactorily, so I was happy regardless.

Then there came the d-day, when I proudly put it on, and was like feeling like a king and royalty with my oversized Christmas cloth, but if it bothered anyone, that was the person's business, my own na say, I be big boy, because I was putting on my Christmas cloth, lol!

When we got to church, there was a section for teenagers and those of my age group, but I usually preferred attending the main church service, where the older ones were, so that was where I went and got a seat during the Christmas day church service.

But then unexpectedly, while I was proudly seated with my Christmas cloth, and posing especially for the "babes" around, I had a tap on my back, as someone told me that there was soap on my hair, and I was utterly flabbergasted.

What made it worse was that, it was that green truck soap of old that I used in bathing that day, so that was the kind of soap that was found on my hair on Christmas, of all days, during church service.

To say it was really embarrassing for a guy man would be a huge understatement, i had to immediately leave the service to address the urgent situation and find a way to remove it outside.

I can't say how i was able to do that because it was at the back of my hair, but that was how one single tiny thing, just rubbished all of my preparation and anticipation for that day. Just one tiny remnant of the green truck soap i used to bath that day, that decided not be rinsed away, but to stick to my hair which also happened to be a Christmas haircut.

That was how an ex "guy" man got humbled on a Christmas day.

God bless.

Green soap in your head.. That is what qualifies for embarrassing situation meriting an article
Re: The Embarrassing Thing That Happened To Me Inside A Christmas Day Church Service by chatinent: 1:08pm On Dec 25, 2021
Crownp:

The date was set apart to celebrate Christ!
Celebrate Christ or go home!

Go and read, son! You know many nothing.
Re: The Embarrassing Thing That Happened To Me Inside A Christmas Day Church Service by jesusjnr2020(m): 2:02pm On Dec 25, 2021
Nodogragra4me:

Green soap in your head.. That is what qualifies for embarrassing situation meriting an article
Of course, I wouldn't expect you to get the moral of the story since it wasn't talking about money...
Re: The Embarrassing Thing That Happened To Me Inside A Christmas Day Church Service by bizhop01: 2:22pm On Dec 25, 2021
chatinent:
Even as you bear Jesus, you kuma no know say dem no born Jesus for Dec 25 nor was there anytime his disciples celebrated his birthday? Abi is this the real meaning of empty vessels making the loudest noise?
Grow up
Re: The Embarrassing Thing That Happened To Me Inside A Christmas Day Church Service by Crownp(m): 2:27pm On Dec 25, 2021
chatinent:

Go and read, son! You know many nothing.
Father, celebrate Jesus or rest!
Re: The Embarrassing Thing That Happened To Me Inside A Christmas Day Church Service by jesusjnr2020(m): 2:31pm On Dec 25, 2021
Remag666:
Mehn that one is even small.
My whole family don push motor on Christmas Day in our matching attires... would never forget the embarrassment ever
Wow!

2 Likes

Re: The Embarrassing Thing That Happened To Me Inside A Christmas Day Church Service by judedwriter(m): 4:08pm On Dec 25, 2021
[quote author=Kingsleyebere post=108798034][/quote]

Celebrating the birth of Christ isn't a sin. We all know christ wasn't born on the 25th,but we celebrate the remembrance of his birth not his birthday.

However, I don't totally agree with Santa Claus and I feel he's a distraction from the main person, Jesus Christ.

If Jesus wasn't born, the problem of sin wouldn't be solved.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Limit To Intimacy In A Christian Relationship / No One Died During Miracle - Bishop Emmanuel Denies ‘Man Dies In Coffin' Story / DIVINE PROPHECIES AT GOD CARDINALS MINISTRY

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.