Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,489 members, 7,812,522 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:40 PM

The Embarrassing Thing That Happened To Me Inside A Christmas Day Church Service - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Embarrassing Thing That Happened To Me Inside A Christmas Day Church Service (19317 Views)

Lady Caught Deleting Nude After Sharing It During Church Service (photos, video) / The Modern day Church And Her strange Practices / RCCG Pastor Gabriel Diya, His Son And Daughter Drown Inside A Pool In Spain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Embarrassing Thing That Happened To Me Inside A Christmas Day Church Service by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:46am On Dec 25, 2021
The Embarrassing Thing That Happened To Me Inside A Christmas Day Church Service

This was a long time ago when I used to still celebrate Christmas, and it still used to my favorite time of every calendar year which I anticipated with so much enthusiasm.

On the night before this particular Christmas day, there was no light in our area, and my Christmas cloth which was an oversized flowing agbada, was rumpled. And at the time, power generators were not as common as they are now, so not as many households had them then.

It was just a few which could be counted with the fingers on one hand, even in an area with over a hundred households, but fortunately for me at the time, I had a neighbor closeby who had one relatively big one, so I just tried my luck if they would allow me to iron my oversized Christmas agbada.

And gratefully they did, but it was not without exerting some pressure on me to hurry up so they could watch the NTA 9 pm news, therefore I had to rush the ironing so they could watch the news.

I didn't mind though, because I was able to straighten my rumpled Christmas cloth satisfactorily, so I was happy regardless.

Then there came the d-day, when I proudly put it on, and was like feeling like a king and royalty with my oversized Christmas cloth, but if it bothered anyone, that was the person's business, my own na say, I be big boy, because I was putting on my Christmas cloth, lol!

When we got to church, there was a section for teenagers and those of my age group, but I usually preferred attending the main church service, where the older ones were, so that was where I went and got a seat during the Christmas day church service.

But then unexpectedly, while I was proudly seated with my Christmas cloth, and posing especially for the "babes" around, I had a tap on my back, as someone told me that there was soap on my hair, and I was utterly flabbergasted.

What made it worse was that, it was that green truck soap of old that I used in bathing that day, so that was the kind of soap that was found on my hair on Christmas, of all days, during church service.

To say it was really embarrassing for a guy man would be a huge understatement, i had to immediately leave the service to address the urgent situation and find a way to remove it outside.

I can't say how i was able to do that because it was at the back of my hair, but that was how one single tiny thing, just rubbished all of my preparation and anticipation for that day. Just one tiny remnant of the green truck soap i used to bath that day, that decided not be rinsed away, but to stick to my hair which also happened to be a Christmas haircut.

That was how an ex "guy" man got humbled on a Christmas day.

God bless.

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Embarrassing Thing That Happened To Me Inside A Christmas Day Church Service by chatinent: 7:54am On Dec 25, 2021
Even as you bear Jesus, you kuma no know say dem no born Jesus for Dec 25 nor was there anytime his disciples celebrated his birthday? Abi is this the real meaning of empty vessels making the loudest noise?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Embarrassing Thing That Happened To Me Inside A Christmas Day Church Service by PlayMaker14: 8:07am On Dec 25, 2021
cheesy

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: The Embarrassing Thing That Happened To Me Inside A Christmas Day Church Service by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:12am On Dec 25, 2021
chatinent:
Even as you bear Jesus, you kuma no know say dem no born Jesus for Dec 25 nor was there anytime his disciples celebrated his birthday? Abi is this the real meaning of empty vessels making the loudest noise?
You may be right with the bolded because I don't celebrate Christmas, so you must be speaking from experience, making a loud noise of things you know nothing about.

32 Likes

Re: The Embarrassing Thing That Happened To Me Inside A Christmas Day Church Service by tobechi20(m): 8:21am On Dec 25, 2021
The best gift anyone can give you is the Quaran, the Boadavista, orholy book from another religion. This will help curb religious violence

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Embarrassing Thing That Happened To Me Inside A Christmas Day Church Service by majamajic(m): 9:38am On Dec 25, 2021
That truck soap , always save lives
Multi purpose !

8 Likes

Re: The Embarrassing Thing That Happened To Me Inside A Christmas Day Church Service by xeratek: 9:39am On Dec 25, 2021
Fake story engineered by patlex and group

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Embarrassing Thing That Happened To Me Inside A Christmas Day Church Service by Nobody: 9:39am On Dec 25, 2021
No need to go to church..no need to celebrate Christmas cos its a normal day man..

1 Like

Re: The Embarrassing Thing That Happened To Me Inside A Christmas Day Church Service by Jesuschristus: 9:39am On Dec 25, 2021
Christmas is idolatry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Embarrassing Thing That Happened To Me Inside A Christmas Day Church Service by Jidemoo: 9:39am On Dec 25, 2021
Smh
Re: The Embarrassing Thing That Happened To Me Inside A Christmas Day Church Service by DejiPlug(m): 9:40am On Dec 25, 2021
Hmmm. Well said
Re: The Embarrassing Thing That Happened To Me Inside A Christmas Day Church Service by SensualMan: 9:40am On Dec 25, 2021
I anticipated reading something interesting, not this cow dung.

14 Likes

Re: The Embarrassing Thing That Happened To Me Inside A Christmas Day Church Service by money121(m): 9:40am On Dec 25, 2021
Ok
Re: The Embarrassing Thing That Happened To Me Inside A Christmas Day Church Service by ofiko123(m): 9:41am On Dec 25, 2021
RELIGION..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Embarrassing Thing That Happened To Me Inside A Christmas Day Church Service by CAPITALBEE: 9:41am On Dec 25, 2021
But then unexpectedly, while I was proudly seated with my Christmas cloth, and posing especially for the "babes" around, I had a tap on my back, as someone told me that there was green soap on my hair, and I was utterly flabbergasted.

grin

8 Likes

Re: The Embarrassing Thing That Happened To Me Inside A Christmas Day Church Service by bestman09(m): 9:41am On Dec 25, 2021
shocked
Re: The Embarrassing Thing That Happened To Me Inside A Christmas Day Church Service by Irupetepete: 9:42am On Dec 25, 2021
Ok
Re: The Embarrassing Thing That Happened To Me Inside A Christmas Day Church Service by iscom(m): 9:42am On Dec 25, 2021
OK
Re: The Embarrassing Thing That Happened To Me Inside A Christmas Day Church Service by Fidelismaria: 9:42am On Dec 25, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
You may be right with the bolded because I don't celebrate Christmas, so you must be speaking from experience, making a loud noise of things you know nothing about.

grin grin

See wetin buhari don cause

Vawulence everywhere

4 Likes

Re: The Embarrassing Thing That Happened To Me Inside A Christmas Day Church Service by Dankovich1: 9:42am On Dec 25, 2021
How many times will they tell you that Christmas celebration ain't for you

sad
Re: The Embarrassing Thing That Happened To Me Inside A Christmas Day Church Service by hysteresis: 9:43am On Dec 25, 2021
GOTVee:
sad As a born again Christian who is meant to speak the truth at all times, I hereby warn my fellow Christians that celebration of Christmas is a sin against God and the holy spirit. Jesus christ was not born on the 25th of December. It's a day of worship for pagan god. The Bible doesn't not encourage us to celebrate Christmas but to celebrate the sacrifice of our lord Jesus. Only Muslims are allowed to celebrate the birth of their Holy prophet Muhammad (Mawlid). I see so many Christians going to hell fire. If you are celebrating Christmas today, you have sinned against God and you are only serving mermon sad
Look at this one Fulani rascal....
How is banditry business going...I heard there is low patronage leading to why Turji and other bandits are seeking amnesty...
I am sure you have filled your rubber kettle with codiene....
As a staunch Muslim that I am...I can safely say that you are a disgrace to the Muslim ummah...you hide weed inside your Quoran and sniff it before going to pray.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Embarrassing Thing That Happened To Me Inside A Christmas Day Church Service by RiyadhGoddess(f): 9:43am On Dec 25, 2021
Eku Odun ooo
Re: The Embarrassing Thing That Happened To Me Inside A Christmas Day Church Service by dingbang(m): 9:44am On Dec 25, 2021
Why do i find this so so boring...

1 Like

Re: The Embarrassing Thing That Happened To Me Inside A Christmas Day Church Service by gunners160(m): 9:44am On Dec 25, 2021
GOTVee:
sad As a born again Christian who is meant to speak the truth at all times, I hereby warn my fellow Christians that celebration of Christmas is a sin against God and the holy spirit. Jesus christ was not born on the 25th of December. It's a day of worship for pagan god. The Bible doesn't not encourage us to celebrate Christmas but to celebrate the sacrifice of our lord Jesus. Only Muslims are allowed to celebrate the birth of their Holy prophet Muhammad (Mawlid). I see so many Christians going to hell fire. If you are celebrating Christmas today, you have sinned against God and you are only serving mermon sad
if you like call ham any name I no care, the gud is na only this day I dey get oppurtuinity chop free and beta fud

4 Likes

Re: The Embarrassing Thing That Happened To Me Inside A Christmas Day Church Service by kingphilip(m): 9:44am On Dec 25, 2021
Ol
Re: The Embarrassing Thing That Happened To Me Inside A Christmas Day Church Service by GoldenJAT(m): 9:44am On Dec 25, 2021
Lol! That soap was called truck soap or key soap in my area.
Re: The Embarrassing Thing That Happened To Me Inside A Christmas Day Church Service by Tajbol4splend(m): 9:45am On Dec 25, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
The Embarrassing Thing That Happened To Me Inside A Christmas Day Church Service

This was a long time ago when I used to still celebrate Christmas, and it still used to my favorite time of every calendar year which I anticipated with so much enthusiasm.

On the night before this particular Christmas day, there was no light in our area, and my Christmas cloth which was an oversized flowing agbada, was rumpled. And at the time, power generators were not as common as they are now, so not as many households had them then.

It was just a few which could be counted with the fingers on one hand, even in an area with over a hundred households, but fortunately for me at the time, I had a neighbor closeby who had one relatively big one, so I just tried my luck if they would allow me to iron my oversized Christmas agbada.

And gratefully they did, but it was not without exerting some pressure on me to hurry up so they could watch the NTA 9 pm news, therefore I had to rush the ironing so they could watch the news.

I didn't mind though, because I was able to straighten my rumpled Christmas cloth satisfactorily, so I was happy regardless.

Then there came the d-day, when I proudly put it on, and was like feeling like a king and royalty with my oversized Christmas cloth, but if it bothered anyone, that was the person's business, my own na say, I be big boy, because I was putting on my Christmas cloth, lol!

When we got to church, there was a section for teenagers and those of my age group, but I usually preferred attending the main church service, where the older ones were, so that was where I went and got a seat during the Christmas day church service.

But then unexpectedly, while I was proudly seated with my Christmas cloth, and posing especially for the "babes" around, I had a tap on my back, as someone told me that there was soap on my hair, and I was utterly flabbergasted.

What made it worse was that, it was that green truck soap of old that I used in bathing that day, so that was the kind of soap that was found on my hair on Christmas, of all days, during church service.

To say it was really embarrassing for a guy man would be a huge understatement, i had to immediately leave the service to address the urgent situation and find a way to remove it outside.

I can't say how i was able to do that because it was at the back of my hair, but that was how one single tiny thing, just rubbished all of my preparation and anticipation for that day. Just one tiny remnant of the green truck soap i used to bath that day, that decided not be rinsed away, but to stick to my hair which also happened to be a Christmas haircut.

That was how an ex "guy" man got humbled on a Christmas day.

God bless.

You are funny though

2 Likes

Re: The Embarrassing Thing That Happened To Me Inside A Christmas Day Church Service by petsey(m): 9:45am On Dec 25, 2021
Nothing do you
Re: The Embarrassing Thing That Happened To Me Inside A Christmas Day Church Service by wiseone28: 9:46am On Dec 25, 2021
That green key soap those days cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Premarital Sex: What Is Your View As A Christian? / RCCG, Anglican Church Plan Global Partnership – Pastor Adeboye / Pastor Adeboye: 'You Will Attend The Funeral Of Those That Want You Dead"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.