Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,666 members, 7,823,884 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:25 PM

Dangote Begins Recruitment Drive Across Nigeria’s Tertiary Institutions - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Dangote Begins Recruitment Drive Across Nigeria’s Tertiary Institutions (24646 Views)

Lagos Begins Recruitment For Agripreneurship Programme / Felamok Partners O’pay, Begins Recruitment In Lagos / BRISIN: FG Begins Recruitment Of 5,000 Nigerians (Details) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Begins Recruitment Drive Across Nigeria’s Tertiary Institutions by clothingonline(m): 5:54pm On Dec 25, 2021
Carry the brilliant and skillful leave was written on paper
Re: Dangote Begins Recruitment Drive Across Nigeria’s Tertiary Institutions by Golan007: 6:05pm On Dec 25, 2021
calcal:

so, no institution qualified to train common low-class workers on refinery operation in the zoo?

most people that work in the refinery in developed countries are high school graduates.

what are you doing at the refinery? most stuff is automated, just monitor the flow.

to monitor the operation you need first-class graduates?

If a pump breaks down, the first class won't be able to repair the pump because they need the tools to do so. in which non is available.

you will find out that they won't be able to indicate runout because of a lack of tools.

That refinery day is numbered.

Story.

So only 3rd class can indicate runout abi?
Re: Dangote Begins Recruitment Drive Across Nigeria’s Tertiary Institutions by smatme(m): 6:22pm On Dec 25, 2021
SCAM
Re: Dangote Begins Recruitment Drive Across Nigeria’s Tertiary Institutions by Panda7(m): 6:24pm On Dec 25, 2021
what Nigeria couldn't do for over 60yrs an entrepreneur is doing it.
yoruba sha
Re: Dangote Begins Recruitment Drive Across Nigeria’s Tertiary Institutions by Osibajo2023: 6:42pm On Dec 25, 2021
emperorz:

Make una do Christmas for me abeg 3096621232
First bank
Thank you in advance grin cheesy
why
Re: Dangote Begins Recruitment Drive Across Nigeria’s Tertiary Institutions by Osibajo2023: 6:44pm On Dec 25, 2021
Khaleepha5681:
Dangote would be the first to enter heaven. I and my family are behind him,while we are ahead of the rest.

The poorer you're the possiblity of going to hell.

All poor people should be in hell.

The simple way to end poverty,is to eliminate all poor people on the earth.
u no get sense who is poor today could be rich 2morrow, wizkid and olamide was once poor
Re: Dangote Begins Recruitment Drive Across Nigeria’s Tertiary Institutions by tasalanoni(m): 6:55pm On Dec 25, 2021
JohnBullMySon:
Lol. My alma mater is in the bolded grin

I speak from experience. To have a first class,you need to be gifted to a certain extent. But If you fall below 2:1, you have yourself to blame.

No matter the excuse you give yourself, that's just the gospel truth bro. I understand truth can be annoying but really it helps to move one forward in life.
Oga, you are not a product of any of the schools I listed. Even if you are, you probably graduated from a course like fishery, wood technology or any other less sought after course.. I finished with a 2:2 from one of the schools I mentioned but I can tell you it wasn't a walk in the park..

1 Like

Re: Dangote Begins Recruitment Drive Across Nigeria’s Tertiary Institutions by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 6:58pm On Dec 25, 2021
Focus on core values
Re: Dangote Begins Recruitment Drive Across Nigeria’s Tertiary Institutions by Onewazobia(m): 7:34pm On Dec 25, 2021
When will systematic corruption be off Nigeria shoulder? Or let me put it this way what is our elite doing to encourage justice and right practices?
These questions floods my heart as I go through the post above I know of few individual who graduates from college ( Uni, Poly) at age above 30 although below 35 and refused to do age falsification, I remember questioning One about his decision and his response was "my integrity my pride" although I try to persuade him but he refused to be persuaded, is currently not engaged (no job) and unfortunate for him he graduate from the college above, ATBU with 2:1.
Please FAM. how can the fellow above be encourage?
If you are in 9ja I believe you can attest to how cheap and rampant age falsification is

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangote Begins Recruitment Drive Across Nigeria’s Tertiary Institutions by computer750(m): 8:03pm On Dec 25, 2021
[quote author=DubaiLandLord post=108798316]“These talented and brilliant engineering graduates will be less than thirty (30) years of age with either First Class or Second Class Upper Division (2:1)…”

The management of Dangote Refinery has announced plans to recruit young engineering graduates from Nigerian institutions, including polytechnics across the country.

Nonetheless, only graduates below the age of 30 who must have graduated with either First Class or Second Class Upper Division (2:1) will be qualified for jobs in the refinery.

“In line with the critical phase of the Refinery Project and the need to source for the best talents, our Management intends to recruit graduate engineers across the nation,” Dangote said in a letter seen by Peoples Gazette.

The letter was sent to the management of Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University on December 10.

“These talented and brilliant engineering graduates will be less than thirty (30) years of age with either First Class or Second Class Upper Division (2:1) as part of our growing vision,” the management stated.

Specifically, the disciplines required include chemical, mechanical, electrical, and electrical/electronics engineering from “notable” higher institutions.

“We are seizing this opportunity to request you to send us a list of your fresh graduates from 2019, 2020, and 2021 sets in the listed specializations for testing and recruitment,” the firm added.

When contacted by The Gazette, Anthony Chiejina, the Dangote Group’s spokesperson, said the same letter had been sent across to 25 universities and the Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria (COREN).

“It’s an ongoing process for the refinery. The graduates have to go through five stages of our aptitude tests, once they’re able to scale through, we’ll now send them abroad for training,” Mr Chiejina added.

https://gazettengr.com/dangote-begins-recruitment-drive-across-nigerias-tertiary-institutions/[so people above 30 years of age are no more citizen of Nigeria, always exempted from service and even company that want to employ will still be waiting for those that are under 30 years of age, another form of boko haram is loading soon regarding this because is so frustrating.. embarassed

1 Like

Re: Dangote Begins Recruitment Drive Across Nigeria’s Tertiary Institutions by Olasigun01(m): 8:39pm On Dec 25, 2021
money121:
Ok

(Below the age of 30). When will all these age barrier stop in Nigerian job Application. When our education system is not running smoothly?.
Re: Dangote Begins Recruitment Drive Across Nigeria’s Tertiary Institutions by emperorz(m): 8:51pm On Dec 25, 2021
Osibajo2023:
why

Cus i wan to use it to cook for Christmas
Re: Dangote Begins Recruitment Drive Across Nigeria’s Tertiary Institutions by JohnBullMySon: 8:52pm On Dec 25, 2021
tasalanoni:

Oga, you are not a product of any of the schools I listed. Even if you are, you probably graduated from a course like fishery, wood technology or any other less sought after course.. I finished with a 2:2 from one of the schools I mentioned but I can tell you it wasn't a walk in the park..
Whether you choose to believe it or not, doesn't change anything about me. My Degree is in EEE, and I know what I'm saying. Students don't study consistently throughout the semester but want to crash everything close to exams. It doesn't work like that.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Begins Recruitment Drive Across Nigeria’s Tertiary Institutions by ICEWIN: 10:15pm On Dec 25, 2021
God1000:
Good, but why first class and second class upper only? Isn't that misplaced priority and discrimination?
oga anything below second, u no go sch b that. third class need to step up there cert
Re: Dangote Begins Recruitment Drive Across Nigeria’s Tertiary Institutions by ArewaNorth: 10:23pm On Dec 25, 2021
God1000:
Good, but why first class and second class upper only? Isn't that misplaced priority and discrimination?

Who asked those in other categories to finish with low grade?

This has always been the counselling of Academics, finish with good grade or face the consequences of life after school and labour market frustration!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangote Begins Recruitment Drive Across Nigeria’s Tertiary Institutions by redsun(m): 1:54am On Dec 26, 2021
Bastards, the same way he recruited animals in humans skin as cement trucks murderous drivers. You wonder how they can train drivers when there are no road traffic signs, rules and regulations.; the same way there are no employment rules, guidelines and policies.
Re: Dangote Begins Recruitment Drive Across Nigeria’s Tertiary Institutions by Nobody: 6:30am On Dec 26, 2021
Osibajo2023:
u no get sense who is poor today could be rich 2morrow, wizkid and olamide was once poor

This is poor man saying. Excluding wizkid and Olamide,who so you know that made in life from poverty to prosperity?

99% of poor people die poor.
While 90% of rich people die in luxury.
Re: Dangote Begins Recruitment Drive Across Nigeria’s Tertiary Institutions by ubox: 6:55am On Dec 26, 2021
jrusky:
Drivers from Tertiary institution

Dangote!!! This is not right sir I know you want to create employment but to loud it this way its very embarrassing sir.
Engineers, read the article
Re: Dangote Begins Recruitment Drive Across Nigeria’s Tertiary Institutions by pacespot(m): 8:24am On Dec 26, 2021
These people will never learn, always emphasizing the paper qualifications rather than the skills and talents of the graduates. A company that knows what it wants will know that today's world has gone beyond what is taught in the four walls of the university.
Re: Dangote Begins Recruitment Drive Across Nigeria’s Tertiary Institutions by Osibajo2023: 9:32am On Dec 26, 2021
Khaleepha5681:

This is poor man saying. Excluding wizkid and Olamide,who so you know that made in life from poverty to prosperity?

99% of poor people die poor.
While 90% of rich people die in luxury.
Mikel obi, ihenacho and most Nigerian footballers, and I bet you, you in particular might die poor with this your mentality

1 Like

Re: Dangote Begins Recruitment Drive Across Nigeria’s Tertiary Institutions by Nobody: 10:56am On Dec 26, 2021
Osibajo2023:
Mikel obi, ihenacho and most Nigerian footballers, and I bet you, you in particular might die poor with this your mentality

Hhhh

If you see a man calling for bridge destruction, you should know that he has already crossed over the river.

If Dangote die poor, I would die in poverty.
Re: Dangote Begins Recruitment Drive Across Nigeria’s Tertiary Institutions by Nobody: 11:00am On Dec 26, 2021
pacespot:
These people will never learn, always emphasizing the paper qualifications rather than the skills and talents of the graduates. A company that knows what it wants will know that today's world has gone beyond what is taught in the four walls of the university.

Paper is best way to know 'p'ool and smart.

You can't gauge man's education but you can gauge his smartness.

We need smart ones who got grades by whatsoever way than stupid educated than fall in "Never chase grade,chase expertise" foolishness.
Re: Dangote Begins Recruitment Drive Across Nigeria’s Tertiary Institutions by Osibajo2023: 1:47pm On Dec 26, 2021
Khaleepha5681:

Hhhh

If you see a man calling for bridge destruction, you should know that he has already crossed over the river.

If Dangote die poor, I would die in poverty.
mumu, Do u see dangote mocking the poor, the Bible says the poor shall not cease from the Land, equally says if you help the poor, you help thy Lord, but in your miserable life, because you are fortunate to be born into wealthy family
Re: Dangote Begins Recruitment Drive Across Nigeria’s Tertiary Institutions by Nobody: 2:54pm On Dec 26, 2021
Osibajo2023:
mumu, Do u see dangote mocking the poor, the Bible says the poor shall not cease from the Land, equally says if you help the poor, you help thy Lord, but in your miserable life, because you are fortunate to be born into wealthy family

No mumu above one who is born in poverty. To poor person Bible is true...Zeus,Ra,Shiva are true. so anyone is bad but himself.

No be poor people kidnap,rape,hijack protest, snatch ballot papers?

Anywhere begging and blaming. If I am poor,I would just commit suicide and decrease the number of poor people. The best way to end poverty.
Re: Dangote Begins Recruitment Drive Across Nigeria’s Tertiary Institutions by Osibajo2023: 2:59pm On Dec 26, 2021
Khaleepha5681:

No mumu above one who is born in poverty. To poor person Bible is true...Zeus,Ra,Shiva are true. so anyone is bad but himself.

No be poor people kidnap,rape,hijack protest, snatch ballot papers?

Anywhere begging and blaming. If I am poor,I would just commit suicide and decrease the number of poor people. The best way to end poverty.
your English is woeful, uneducated self-acclaimed rich idiot
Re: Dangote Begins Recruitment Drive Across Nigeria’s Tertiary Institutions by Nobody: 3:04pm On Dec 26, 2021
Osibajo2023:
your English is woeful, uneducated self-acclaimed rich idiot

Hhhh

Your English is wonderful.

"Tell them what they want,and deny them what they need" I believe in this quote about poor people.

You're going to heaven. All rich people would be in hell. You're child of God.

I'm ignorant, self-accalaimed rich.

Hhhh
Re: Dangote Begins Recruitment Drive Across Nigeria’s Tertiary Institutions by pacespot(m): 5:53pm On Dec 26, 2021
Khaleepha5681:

Paper is best way to know 'p'ool and smart.

You can't gauge man's education but you can gauge his smartness.

We need smart ones who got grades by whatsoever way than stupid educated than fall in "Never chase grade,chase expertise" foolishness.

"Who got grades by whatever means"

Cheating is not equivalent to smartness, get that deep into your black skull, will you

The word smartness has been abused and misused millions of times in this country.

Let me tell you this if no one has done that before: Nigerians are not smart people, they are just cunning and evil, and fond of going through the backdoors. If you really want to know what smart people look like, go to Asians in some countries like China, Japan, Korea and India.

If what is going on in Nigeria is smartness, then I will rather be dull.
Re: Dangote Begins Recruitment Drive Across Nigeria’s Tertiary Institutions by Nobody: 6:21am On Dec 27, 2021
pacespot:

"Who got grades by whatever means"

Cheating is not equivalent to smartness, get that deep into your black skull, will you

The word smartness has been abused and misused millions of times in this country.

Let me tell you this if no one has done that before: Nigerians are not smart people, they are just cunning and evil, and fond of going through the backdoors. If you really want to know what smart people look like, go to Asians in some countries like China, Japan, Korea and India.

If what is going on in Nigeria is smartness, then I will rather be dull.

Those Asians would do the same in Nigeria.

And Nigerian smarts would do the same as Asians in Asia. Because smart never fails. Smart person never learn from his mistakes, but the mistakes fool ones or wise.

To be wise is to learn from your mistakes, to be smart is to avoid them at all.

You should be dull. Because you'll be caught red handed if you try to be smart.

So work hard!. Smart are working smart.

People are not rewarded according to how they suffer but how they achieved it in life.
Re: Dangote Begins Recruitment Drive Across Nigeria’s Tertiary Institutions by pacespot(m): 7:35am On Dec 27, 2021
Khaleepha5681:

Those Asians would do the same in Nigeria.

And Nigerian smarts would do the same as Asians in Asia. Because smart never fails. Smart person never learn from his mistakes, but the mistakes fool ones or wise.

To be wise is to learn from your mistakes, to be smart is to avoid them at all.

You should be dull. Because you'll be caught red handed if you try to be smart.

So work hard!. Smart are working smart.

People are not rewarded according to how they suffer but how they achieved it in life.

In your terms, being smart is doing anything it takes to survive, that might as well include bank robbery because that is what it will take for some people to make it in a sh*thole like Nigeria. You might be mistaking the word "ruthless" for "smart", Mr.

Nigeria is not a smart society I repeat again, it is just an awkward society skewed to one side for only some few people to enjoy. The success of Nigeria does not lie with the strongest or the most intelligent, it's just a byproduct of banal opportunism.

Those Asians you mention will come to Nigeria and try to make the society work for people like them. In the worst case scenario they are forced to live under the structure like Nigeria, they will be smart to create their own system where their true worth can be actualized. You can have a system inside a system. We already seeing some truly smart Nigerians who have taken to starting their own companies that will be less reliant on a system like Nigeria. The booming Nigerian Fintech industry is an example.

If you think smartness is suffering and smiling in Nigeria, then you and that your smartness are heading for a doom.

And mind you, no person born of human flesh is above mistakes. That might as well negate your argument of smartness.
Re: Dangote Begins Recruitment Drive Across Nigeria’s Tertiary Institutions by Nobody: 8:00am On Dec 27, 2021
pacespot:

In your terms, being smart is doing anything it takes to survive, that might as well include bank robbery because that is what it will take for some people to make it in a sh*thole like Nigeria. You might be mistaking the word "ruthless" for "smart", Mr.

Nigeria is not a smart society I repeat again, it is just an awkward society skewed to one side for only some few people to enjoy. The success of Nigeria does not lie with the strongest or the most intelligent, it's just a byproduct of banal opportunism.

Those Asians you mention will come to Nigeria and try to make the society work for people like them. In the worst case scenario they are forced to live under the structure like Nigeria, they will be smart to create their own system where their true worth can be actualized. You can have a system inside a system. We already seeing some truly smart Nigerians who have taken to starting their own companies that will be less reliant on a system like Nigeria. The booming Nigerian Fintech industry is an example.

If you think smartness is suffering and smiling in Nigeria, then you and that your smartness are heading for a doom.

And mind you, no person born of human flesh is above mistakes. That might as well negate your argument of smartness.

I don't mistake ruthlessness for smartness. And bank robbery etc are hard labour with the highest risk,hence smart ones never do.

Smart chop and clean his mouth.

What I mean is that,smart looks at the loopholes in the constitution to shield him against the harshness of the system.

Take Malami for example. This is not to be mistaken with corruption...because honesty through oppression is the worst oppression.

Chinese and other Asians are the most corrupt and heartless in Nigeria.

Mistake sharpens fools to be wise,but smart never make mistakes. They may fail but not by their mistakes but accedence.

Obasanjo is wise by experience

Babangida is smart by intelligence.

That's why you'll learn much from Obasanjo than Babangida. Babangida will learn much from you.

You will never know Babangida directions

But Babangida will know yours.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Job Breakthrough,but Not Happy / Massive Fresh Graduate Recruitment In A First Generation Bank / Job Offer And I'm About Going For NYSC: What Do I Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.