Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,533 members, 7,837,042 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:06 PM

Oil Discovery In Bauchi, Gombe Will Cut Niger-Delta Political Power - Buhari - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oil Discovery In Bauchi, Gombe Will Cut Niger-Delta Political Power - Buhari (55417 Views)

Secrecy, Doubts Trail One Billion Barrels Oil Discovery In North / Oil Discovery In Oviri-Olomu, Delta State Sparks Controversy / We Will Cut Off Ears Of Anyone Enforcing Monday Sit-At-Home Order — IPOB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oil Discovery In Bauchi, Gombe Will Cut Niger-Delta Political Power - Buhari by Brushstrokes20: 2:15pm On Dec 25, 2021
CSTRR:

A catastrophic one.

How in God's name did such a fellow rise to be president of a Nation of human beings?

Such an electoral system that can through up such a fellow should be discarded and reformed.

It can never be something good.
Spot on!... Dude's Nigeria's WORST BLUNDER!

1 Like

Re: Oil Discovery In Bauchi, Gombe Will Cut Niger-Delta Political Power - Buhari by blackboy(m): 2:17pm On Dec 25, 2021
Buhari once again spewing inciting and bigotry words similar to what let to the Twitter ban. How could you be the president of Nigeria and still be making such statements.

1 Like

Re: Oil Discovery In Bauchi, Gombe Will Cut Niger-Delta Political Power - Buhari by SmartyPants(m): 2:17pm On Dec 25, 2021
CSTRR:

I actually went to go and read the quote, that was exactly what he meant.

It was a thinly veiled shot to the oil producing states of the Niger Delta.

Your president is responsible for a lot of the hate in the polity.

I actually see this as a thinly veiled shot at the niger delta agitators rather than the States.
Re: Oil Discovery In Bauchi, Gombe Will Cut Niger-Delta Political Power - Buhari by Frank6738(m): 2:17pm On Dec 25, 2021
worst president of the decade

1 Like

Re: Oil Discovery In Bauchi, Gombe Will Cut Niger-Delta Political Power - Buhari by adekolaelect(m): 2:17pm On Dec 25, 2021
Mftivi:
what's your point exactly
stop insulting Buhari persionally to make it difficult for him to insult you too. Call your poeple to desiide on what you want with one voice to make your Issue or request to be reasionable to poeple at large. If you want Biafra work towards it Legally and politically. it not like you are doing .If you want presidency,,, work Towards it politically ,be friendly to poeple .Build political Bridges with other regions.you can't force poeple on what you want by supporting violence,Insult ,threat and consentrating on political downfall of a politician of other Tribe when you failed to Build yours.

2 Likes

Re: Oil Discovery In Bauchi, Gombe Will Cut Niger-Delta Political Power - Buhari by matrixme(m): 2:18pm On Dec 25, 2021
Oponu Ara Galatia. Forward thinking countries are even shutting down hydro electric power plants, here our old president is getting Hot over discovery of audio oil as is their usual strategy. We will wait on this one

2 Likes

Re: Oil Discovery In Bauchi, Gombe Will Cut Niger-Delta Political Power - Buhari by ambale(m): 2:19pm On Dec 25, 2021
awumen:
Leave dis stori,no oil for any Gombe or bauchi.. all na scam,the more you look the less you see.
I can't also believe a president will make such statement in the open

Even though I'm also trying not to believe it, but recently he called a particular tribe a dot in a circle, so It may not be far fetched Sha

But I just think is handlers are not doing well enough
Re: Oil Discovery In Bauchi, Gombe Will Cut Niger-Delta Political Power - Buhari by Abujason: 2:22pm On Dec 25, 2021
Islie:
I’m happy oil discovery in Bauchi, Gombe will cut Niger-Delta political power: Buhari

“…but we thank God that oil is now discovered in Bauchi and Gombe and that will help to balance the politics of oil in the country,” Mr Buhari said.

https://gazettengr.com/im-happy-oil-discovery-in-bauchi-gombe-will-cut-niger-delta-political-power-buhari/

See president of one Nigeria!
Re: Oil Discovery In Bauchi, Gombe Will Cut Niger-Delta Political Power - Buhari by ACE1010: 2:22pm On Dec 25, 2021
This man is beginning to behave like a drunken sailor cry
A leader does not run his mouth like rain water lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Bubu is a calamity I swear cry cry cry

2 Likes

Re: Oil Discovery In Bauchi, Gombe Will Cut Niger-Delta Political Power - Buhari by Hangulsaram: 2:24pm On Dec 25, 2021
I wonder why all of you are complaining, when he said south east region are 5% that did not vote for him thus did not deserve dividends of the government all of you supported him.

1 Like

Re: Oil Discovery In Bauchi, Gombe Will Cut Niger-Delta Political Power - Buhari by Abujason: 2:24pm On Dec 25, 2021
Sammy07:
Gas is the future Mr President.

Let's see if you go see gas in sokoto undecided

He and his goons will soon tell you that his cows produce gas already from their poops and farts. That’s how his brain works.

2 Likes

Re: Oil Discovery In Bauchi, Gombe Will Cut Niger-Delta Political Power - Buhari by stanluiz(m): 2:25pm On Dec 25, 2021
According to Buhari. Oil in the north will balance the oil Politics in the country.

Yes! He is indirectly referring to the Niger delta. What buhari is saying is that Niger delta cannot use thier oil again to hold the Nigeria state to ransom because oil has been found in the north.

He also meant it will reduce the oil Political might of the Niger delta. Remember , he is the minister of petroleum.

So Niger delta can go the hell because the oil politcs in the country has been balanced. Oil and gas has been discovered in various parts of Nigeria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oil Discovery In Bauchi, Gombe Will Cut Niger-Delta Political Power - Buhari by Perfectbeing(m): 2:26pm On Dec 25, 2021
SUFFERInSMILIIN:

From my friend everybody is moving away from all even America and Europe are now moving away from oil do you know America's importation on oil is less than a million barrels per day if you go about 10 20 years ago that importation was about 6 million barrels a day. The age of oil is becoming over. There are very few countries to sell the Old to nearly all over West Africa it's flooded with oil. All the even countries like Saudi Arabia and Iran are selling their own to India and China below market value. It is only a fool which tries to invest in something when they age is over it's like somebody's saying right now they want to invest in coal
So does that mean that if Nigeria sees oil they shouldn't use it when they haven't fully diversified?? So they should just stop producing oil since everyone is going green?

Till the year oil is no longer being in use, let Nigerians sell all the oil she can sell and use the money to build infrastructure and diversify her economy.
Re: Oil Discovery In Bauchi, Gombe Will Cut Niger-Delta Political Power - Buhari by femiasaolu2014: 2:27pm On Dec 25, 2021
Now oil has almost become irrelevant but we thank God that oil is now discovered in Bauchi and Gombe and that will help to balance the politics of oil in the country, Mr Buhari said.

Tell me you are mad without telling me you are mad.
Re: Oil Discovery In Bauchi, Gombe Will Cut Niger-Delta Political Power - Buhari by Corea4king(m): 2:29pm On Dec 25, 2021
Sheriman:
If all the Oil field located in the South South are first located in the North. North would have secceed from Nigeria 50 years ago and no body will stopped them. SouthEast SouthWest and SouthSouth leaders are just too mumu.

Do you think that SW does not benefit from One Nigeria more than SS? The reason while SW remain to be chameleon in this issue is because they have nothing to lose answering one Nigeria .in fact,they tend to lose more if Nigeria divides

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oil Discovery In Bauchi, Gombe Will Cut Niger-Delta Political Power - Buhari by Asiri1991: 2:30pm On Dec 25, 2021
May leprosy infect every finger that voted our dear president in 2015 and/or 2019.

1 Like

Re: Oil Discovery In Bauchi, Gombe Will Cut Niger-Delta Political Power - Buhari by 9gerian: 2:32pm On Dec 25, 2021
Please explain your assertion with details!

From history, 2 men created most of the problems being agitated over today:

1. Nnamdi Azikiwe by rejecting referendum clause in the constitution.

2. Aguiyi Ironsi by creating a decree to collapse the regional system of government into a unitary one. This resulted in the counter coup that led to the civil war.

Both men were from the southeast.

The third reason is neither here nor there (as it could have gone either way) but is relevant being the forerunner to partnership between the north and the south; Azikiwe rejected Awolowo’s offer to be the first prime minister, and instead took a lesser position as ceremonial president at independence in 1959/1960.

Whatever happened in 1967 was circumstantial and only a turn out of previous events orchestrated by some state actors. Get the full history. And please stop insulting people!

Idiko1:

The idiotic south, especially the Yoruba, enabled this dumbass fool in 1967 so that he could vomit this crap without guidance.
Re: Oil Discovery In Bauchi, Gombe Will Cut Niger-Delta Political Power - Buhari by lhurd: 2:35pm On Dec 25, 2021
If he truly said so, then it's unfortunate and clear what his aims are and we should not let it stand...
Islie:
I’m happy oil discovery in Bauchi, Gombe will cut Niger-Delta political power: Buhari

“…but we thank God that oil is now discovered in Bauchi and Gombe and that will help to balance the politics of oil in the country,” Mr Buhari said.

https://gazettengr.com/im-happy-oil-discovery-in-bauchi-gombe-will-cut-niger-delta-political-power-buhari/
Re: Oil Discovery In Bauchi, Gombe Will Cut Niger-Delta Political Power - Buhari by Asiri1991: 2:39pm On Dec 25, 2021
Corea4king:

Do you think that SW does not benefit from One Nigeria more than SS? The reason while SW remain to be chameleon in issue is because they have nothing to loose answering one Nigeria infanct,they tend to lose more if Nigeria divides

That's true. That's why you see every idiotic Ademola and Adegoke attacking everyone online and wanting everyone to believe them as good people. Hypocrisy has it root in southwest: the worst people on earth. They are ready to sabotage every effort or fit they can't achieve. Foolish set of humans. What strikes me most is the fact they have Oredo and Egor local governments of my state put together is richer than the entire southwest.

Since they don't want to leave Nigeria, let them leave Benin City. They are defacing out streets by turning every street entrance to an abattoir. I spit on the grave of Oduduwa.

1 Like

Re: Oil Discovery In Bauchi, Gombe Will Cut Niger-Delta Political Power - Buhari by Lucas4903: 2:42pm On Dec 25, 2021
DubaiLandLord:

How can the president open his mouth and say this kin provocating word

If not for the pollution it will cause, I wont have mind if the militants can unleash hell on every oil installation, make we see how Bauchi and Gombe oil go dey carry the 36 states and FCT.

If only Southern Politicians and some Politicians in the middle belt can sit together and agree to expel almost all the states in the North East and North West from Nigeria or make we leave the name Nigeria for them.

None of the Major newspaper came up with this news and that word is a divisive word and no president will talk like that. Punch is a major opposition newspaper and it didn't have this news. Na bloggers dey make it up to make una dey talk like that.
Re: Oil Discovery In Bauchi, Gombe Will Cut Niger-Delta Political Power - Buhari by Scamburster(m): 2:45pm On Dec 25, 2021
DubaiLandLord:

If not for the pollution it will cause, I wont have mind if the militants can unleash hell on every oil installation, make we see how Bauchi and Gombe oil go dey carry the 36 states and FCT.

If only Southern Politicians and some Politicians in the middle belt can sit together and agree to expel almost all the states in the North East and North West from Nigeria or make we leave the name Nigeria for them.

Good Morning.
Re: Oil Discovery In Bauchi, Gombe Will Cut Niger-Delta Political Power - Buhari by Omodua(m): 2:56pm On Dec 25, 2021
Islie:

This is un statesman comment from a President of a country. Very divisive and lacks empathy of those bearing the brunt of the oil dug in their communities. The people have no pipe borne water and environmental cleanliness. They are suffering. Yet,such comment is coming from their President! They would be highly disappointed.
Besides,it doesn't promote national unity and national cohesion.
Buhari goofed!

1 Like

Re: Oil Discovery In Bauchi, Gombe Will Cut Niger-Delta Political Power - Buhari by liya11: 2:56pm On Dec 25, 2021
CSTRR:
I don't think the president said this.

No, I doubt it.

He is a useless president but it can't be this bad.

A president cannot say this.
Haba. shocked

Well, unfortunately he did.
Re: Oil Discovery In Bauchi, Gombe Will Cut Niger-Delta Political Power - Buhari by Scamburster(m): 2:57pm On Dec 25, 2021
SocialJustice:
Abeg shut up. Nnamdi is a mad man playing the people. When a wise point is being made, do not mention a goat like Kanu.
LOL, I think you are more of a goat than the guy quoted.
Re: Oil Discovery In Bauchi, Gombe Will Cut Niger-Delta Political Power - Buhari by Nobody: 2:58pm On Dec 25, 2021
Invalid
Re: Oil Discovery In Bauchi, Gombe Will Cut Niger-Delta Political Power - Buhari by ajl: 2:58pm On Dec 25, 2021
slivertongue:
Buhari's incendiary remarks show he is against nigeria's unity

Remember that his root and allegiance is with Chad, and not Nigeria. That's the country he once voted for during an OAU organized contest for a position different countries were vying for. Yes, he voted against his own "country-man" during his first reign in the 1980s.

1 Like

Re: Oil Discovery In Bauchi, Gombe Will Cut Niger-Delta Political Power - Buhari by hansomb: 2:59pm On Dec 25, 2021
E choke
Re: Oil Discovery In Bauchi, Gombe Will Cut Niger-Delta Political Power - Buhari by Omodua(m): 2:59pm On Dec 25, 2021
DubaiLandLord:

Exactly my thought too.
Northeast and Northwest are the problems of Nigeria. So parochial and wicked.
Re: Oil Discovery In Bauchi, Gombe Will Cut Niger-Delta Political Power - Buhari by JOemmy(m): 3:01pm On Dec 25, 2021
Until the north agrees to resource control oil discovery in the north will continue to remain a myth and a scam.

1 Like

Re: Oil Discovery In Bauchi, Gombe Will Cut Niger-Delta Political Power - Buhari by saintrow1: 3:06pm On Dec 25, 2021
Idiko1:

The idiotic south, especially the Yoruba, enabled this dumbass fool in 1967 so that he could vomit this crap without guidance.

You are a fool. Your hate and jealously for yorubas will not make you live long. We yorubas don't owe any motherfuck in Nigeria any shit. We have always been self sufficient even before the white men arrived. That is why yorubaland is the most developed region in Nigeria today. The igbos that started the civil war got what they deserve. Those in the niger delta, their elders lost focus and refused to secure a better future for their people. We had a regional government, till igbos bleeped it up. Now they are behind everyone in nigeria. Pls do yorubas a fabour, go and Bleep yourselfs.
Re: Oil Discovery In Bauchi, Gombe Will Cut Niger-Delta Political Power - Buhari by chris51(f): 3:06pm On Dec 25, 2021
Nonsense talk.
Re: Oil Discovery In Bauchi, Gombe Will Cut Niger-Delta Political Power - Buhari by chris51(f): 3:07pm On Dec 25, 2021
chris51:
Nonsense talk.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour Visits Obasanjo At Ota - Photo / "If PMB Likes Let Him Impregnate My Wife, Call Ondo 'Edo', I Will Vote For Him" / OjBest: How Osinbajo Met And Patronized A Local Shoemaker After A Tweet (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.