Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,070 members, 7,956,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 02:04 AM

Christmas is idolatry - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christmas is idolatry (708 Views)

Roman Catholicism Is Idolatry And True Christianity Is Gnosis / Don't Let Anyone Lie To You That Christmas Is A Pagan Festival / Christmas Is An Abomination & A Blasphemous Pegan Festival - Reno Omokri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christmas is idolatry by Pastorjohn2: 1:24pm On Dec 25, 2021
I'm yet to see where in the bible it stated jesus was born on the 25th on December or where God said we should celebrate his birth.
In fact non of his disciples ever celebrated his birthday

This is how most of you will burn in hell for celebrating unknown things.
Re: Christmas is idolatry by Pastorjohn2: 1:30pm On Dec 25, 2021
The mods should forward this to FP so as to correct the masses
Re: Christmas is idolatry by wealthgoddess: 2:09pm On Dec 25, 2021
Pastorjohn2:
I'm yet to see where in the bible it stated jesus was born on the 25th on December or where God said we should celebrate his birth.

Foolish pastor...was it written in the bible that you should use mobile phones or the internet?? Why are you making an online post then??
And I know where your argument is coming from but if a group of Christian's decided to reclaim a date marked for idol worshipping for God, what then is your problem? Or didnt the bible say all things are created by God? And heaven and earth belongs to him...why then should it be a problem that a particular day (that is God's) is marked for the celebration of the birth of his son?
What fanatics like you do not understand is that every single day has so many evils in it...and the week in which we now celebrate Easter, some tribes now and in the olden days celebrated their idols in it too.
Jesus means different things to us and if some of us decided to mark his birth and remember it every year fine!
Morons like you should drop that pastor of a thing because you are not called by God. It is lunatics and fanatics like you that go about preaching christ with the fear of hell fire rather than his love which even Christ asked us to propagate.

1 Like

Re: Christmas is idolatry by duro4chang(m): 2:29pm On Dec 25, 2021
They have come again
Re: Christmas is idolatry by Kobojunkie: 2:39pm On Dec 25, 2021
Pastorjohn2:

Christmas is not Idolatry. Instead it is a secular/Pagan holiday like New Year, Thanksgiving, 4th of July , and other holidays out there that are not meant to be celebrated in the name of God or Jesus Chhrst, this since Jesus Christ did not command it. undecided

It's sin to do submit to traditions in God's name, but it js not sin to approach them without dragging God's Name in. lipsrsealed

MERRY Christmas OP. undecided
Re: Christmas is idolatry by Kobojunkie: 2:44pm On Dec 25, 2021
wealthgoddess:

Foolish pastor...was it written in the bible that you should use mobile phones or the internet?? Why are you making an online post then??
Do you approach your use of the internet as if in the name of God as if of the Kingdom of God? undecided

That question you folks ask is stewpid given that Christmas is sin not because you celebrate it but because you do so in His name. undecided

instead, Christmas, like your computers and internet, are things of this world- not of the Kingdom of God - and so should not be celebrated or used as if otherwise aka in the name of God or Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ never did not give His followers permission to celebrate His birthday or death in His Name, and so it against Jesus Christ to do so in His name.
Re: Christmas is idolatry by Dukio: 3:46pm On Dec 25, 2021
Pastorjohn2:
The mods should forward this to FP so as to correct the masses

Fake wannabe pastor
Re: Christmas is idolatry by sonmvayina(m): 4:56pm On Dec 25, 2021
Not just Christmas...Christianity itself is idolatry itself...

Re: Christmas is idolatry by jmoore(m): 5:13pm On Dec 25, 2021
Some people who are akagum will have to wait till 25th December to tell us Christmas is not biblical and other bla bla bla.

Jesus Christ is the reason for the season.

The birth of Jesus Christ was celebrated in the Bible. That's why wise men came with gifts to celebrate him.

Use of English: It is Christmas, not paganmas.

You are trying to sound woke by calling yourself a Christian but demonize Christmas. Did Jesus call anyone a Christian? Use 'fisher of men'.

All the Christmas hymns sang in Church today have lyrics about Jesus Christ.

Satan is really using some people to distract us but satan is a loser.

While trying to sound woke, stop using Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.. They were named after European gods.

Conclusion: The earth belongs to the Lord and his fullness thereof.... None belongs to satan, the devil. If we decide to use everyday to celebrate Jesus Christ, em go still pain the devil.
Re: Christmas is idolatry by Kobojunkie: 5:25pm On Dec 25, 2021
jmoore:
Some people who are akagum will have to wait till 25th December to tell us Christmas is not biblical and other bla bla bla.

Jesus Christ is the reason for the season.

The birth of Jesus Christ was celebrated in the Bible. That's why wise men came with gifts to celebrate him.
You are correct that when he was born , there was celebrating but that celebration came before His Kingdom did. undecided

Jesus Christ said that His friends, and followers are those who do as He commands/Says. Jesus Christ never asked anyone to celebrate His birthday in His behalf.... so it is sin for anyone who is His followers to celebrate His birth in His name since such celebration is not of the Kingdom of God. undecided
Re: Christmas is idolatry by WorWorBoy: 8:14am On Dec 26, 2021
Pastorjohn2:

I'm yet to see where it is written in the bible that christians must go to church on Sundays,or where any of Jesus disciples went to church on Sundays. This is how people like you will burn in hell for practicing unknown things. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Christmas is idolatry by saddler: 8:42am On Dec 26, 2021
wealthgoddess:

And I know where your argument is coming from but if a group of Christian's decided to reclaim a date marked for idol worshipping for God, what then is your problem? Or didnt the bible say all things are created by God? And heaven and earth belongs to him...why then should it be a problem that a particular day (that is God's) is marked for the celebration of the birth of his son?
What fanatics like you do not understand is that every single day has so many evils in it...and the week in which we now celebrate Easter, some tribes now and in the olden days celebrated their idols in it too.
Jesus means different things to us and if some of us decided to mark his birth and remember it every year fine!
Morons like you should drop that pastor of a thing because you are not called by God. It is lunatics and fanatics like you that go about preaching christ with the fear of hell fire rather than his love which even Christ asked us to propagate.

Learn to make your points without insults.

Now to the topic of discourse. Christianity is a way of life for the true believers.
There are clear instructions of the way you live your life when you become a Christian.

Except you are directed by the holy spirit, you cant just start celebrating a festival that Jesus christ and his disciples didn't authorize.

If you choose to do so, you are on your own.
If Jesus or the disciples saw nothing wrong in birthday celebration, they would have celebrated their own birthdays. Remember birthday celebration was already a custom even in Jesus times and John the Baptist was beheaded in one of those celebrations.

If you are genuine knowledge seeker, care to go search deep into how this Christmas celebration started, it is entirely unchristian-like.

It was not by divine instruction.
Re: Christmas is idolatry by saddler: 8:52am On Dec 26, 2021
WorWorBoy:
I'm yet to see where it is written in the bible that christians must go to church on Sundays,or where any of Jesus disciples went to church on Sundays. This is how people like you will burn in hell for practicing unknown things. undecided

Learn to make proper comparisons when arguing.

A true Christian prays and worship God everyday. You can do your worship anytime and there is no rule against that.

The Sunday worship you are referring to is for convenience . Sunday is mostly a work-free day for most people so it is wise to come together to worship on sundays. Remember aside Sunday, churches holds midweek services. Infact Christians basically worship anytime they choose.

Now to the topic of Christmas. We are not even talking of the day of the Christmas festival which is December 25th. The practice of celebrating birthdays is unchristian.

Neither christ nor his disciples celebrated birthday while they were on earth.

Despite that birthday celebration was already in existence, they didn't do it.

Why should you now as a Christian celebrate Christ birthday?

They can decide to shift the date to anytime of the year but it doesn't change anything. The practice is not in line with Jesus's legacy and what he stands for.
Re: Christmas is idolatry by BlackAdam55(m): 9:18am On Dec 26, 2021
saddler:

Learn to make proper comparisons when arguing.

A true Christian prays and worship God everyday. You can do your worship anytime and there is no rule against that.

The Sunday worship you are referring to is for convenience . Sunday is mostly a work-free day for most people so it is wise to come together to worship on sundays. Remember aside Sunday, churches holds midweek services. Infact Christians basically worship anytime they choose.

Now to the topic of Christmas. We are not even talking of the day of the Christmas festival which is December 25th. The practice of celebrating birthdays is unchristian.

Neither christ nor his disciples celebrated birthday while they were on earth.

Despite that birthday celebration was already in existence, they didn't do it.

Why should you now as a Christian celebrate Christ birthday?

They can decide to shift the date to anytime of the year but it doesn't change anything. The practice is not in line with Jesus's legacy and what he stands for.

You self wey they correct person need correction as well. Christians world wide goes to church on Sundays apart from Mormons who most people believe are devilishly.
Weekly actives are not officially,not every churches or christians have weekly actives, but all churches and christians word wide have actives on Sundays. And it is not because it is work free day. In some countries, Fridays and Saturdays are also work free days.
Christians making Sunday their official day to worship God is demonic because that same Sunday Is the celebration of the Roman sungod day, that's why it is called Sunday.
Anybody having problem with christians celebrating christmas,but goes to church on Sundays is a hypocrite because it is not in any way related to God.
Re: Christmas is idolatry by wealthgoddess: 9:38am On Dec 26, 2021
saddler:

Learn to make your points without insults.

Now to the topic of discourse. Christianity is a way of life for the true believers.
There are clear instructions of the way you live your life when you become a Christian.

Except you are directed by the holy spirit, you cant just start celebrating a festival that Jesus christ and his disciples didn't authorize.

If you choose to do so, you are on your own.
If Jesus or the disciples saw nothing wrong in birthday celebration, they would have celebrated their own birthdays. Remember birthday celebration was already a custom even in Jesus times and John the Baptist was beheaded in one of those celebrations.

If you are genuine knowledge seeker, care to go search deep into how this Christmas celebration started, it is entirely unchristian-like.

It was not by divine instruction.

Smiles. Okay
I still insist? Do you receive divine instruction before doing many of the stuffs you do today??

And it is funny cux you think the disciples never celebrated birthdays based on what we have in the bible forgetting that there are several other manuscripts that clearly detailed how these celebrations were done. Bro message me and I can give you several hints on these manuscripts so you can look it up online.
Re: Christmas is idolatry by saddler: 9:42am On Dec 26, 2021
BlackAdam55:
You self wey they correct person need correction as well. Christians world wide goes to church on Sundays apart from Mormons who most people believe are devilishly.
Weekly actives are not officially,not every churches or christians have weekly actives, but all churches and christians word wide have actives on Sundays. And it is not because it is work free day. In some countries, Fridays and Saturdays are also work free days.
Christians making Sunday their official day to worship God is demonic because that same Sunday Is the celebration of the Roman sungod day, that's why it is called Sunday.
Anybody having problem with christians celebrating christmas,but goes to church on Sundays is a hypocrite because it is not in any way related to God.

Stop it.

Most of you people arguing this Christmas thing are Catholic and we know were you stand in christianity.
From the graven image and all the pagan symbols in your worship, no one is surprised you guys are the ones carrying the pagan Christmas on your head like gala.
In the first place, the Christmas thing was invented by the Catholics.

Now get this into your head, there is nothing like official worship day in Christianity. There is no restriction on time and day of worship.
A Christian can worship anytime he/she likes.
Sunday Worshipping is for convenience. Aside Sunday, churches organize services as they will.
Re: Christmas is idolatry by saddler: 9:49am On Dec 26, 2021
wealthgoddess:

Smiles. Okay
I still insist? Do you receive divine instruction before doing many of the stuffs you do today??

And it is funny cux you think the disciples never celebrated birthdays based on what we have in the bible forgetting that there are several other manuscripts that clearly detailed how these celebrations were done. Bro message me and I can give you several hints on these manuscripts so you can look it up online.

I guess you are not trying to ask if " i get divine instruction before i eat, pee, or do normal stuff associated with everyday living" ?

Please point me to where anyone that had good relationship with God in the bible that celebrated birthday?

From old testament all through to new testament, no one did despite birthday being in existence.

Christianity is not about living your life anyhow like others do. Every action you take is checked by the way Jesus Christ lived his life and his instructions.

If it is not in line with the way he lived while on earth, then it is wrong.
Re: Christmas is idolatry by BlackAdam55(m): 9:55am On Dec 26, 2021
saddler:

Stop it.

Most of you people arguing this Christmas thing are Catholic and we know were you stand in christianity.
From the graven image and all the pagan symbols in your worship, no one is surprised you guys are the ones carrying the pagan Christmas on your head like gala.
In the first place, the Christmas thing was invented by the Catholics.

Now get this into your head, there is nothing like official worship day in Christianity. There is no restriction on time and day of worship.
A Christian can worship anytime he/she likes.
Sunday Worshipping is for convenience. Aside Sunday, churches organize services as they will.
The day to worship God in christendom is on Sundays,weekly actives are just small event to prepare yourself for the big events to come which is on Sundays. Who told you that I'm catholic? Pointing fingers already I see, very Christan like of you.
Re: Christmas is idolatry by saddler: 10:02am On Dec 26, 2021
BlackAdam55:
The day to worship God in christendom is on Sundays,weekly actives are just small event to prepare yourself for the big events to come which is on Sundays. Who told you that I'm catholic? Pointing fingers already I see, very Christan like of you.

Yes, most of those hurt by this attack on Christmas are Catholics because the practice is embedded in their worship.

It was Catholics that introduced the Christmas celebration to other Christians but i am happy many are coming out now to see the festival for what it is.
Re: Christmas is idolatry by advocatejare(m): 10:05am On Dec 26, 2021
Pastorjohn2:

Jesus didn’t worship on Sunday too, so if you worship on sunday today based on the submission above, then be ready to burn in hell too

1 Like

Re: Christmas is idolatry by wealthgoddess: 10:06am On Dec 26, 2021
saddler:

I guess you are not trying to ask if " i get divine instruction before i eat, pee, or do normal stuff associated with everyday living" ?

Please point me to where anyone that had good relationship with God in the bible that celebrated birthday?

From old testament all through to new testament, no one did despite birthday being in existence.

Christianity is not about living your life anyhow like others do. Every action you take is checked by the way Jesus Christ lived his life and his instructions.

If it is not in line with the way he lived while on earth, then it is wrong.
Dude! The bible doesnt even contain everything jesus said. Archeological findings continue to reveal verifiable manuscripts that was written by the disciples in their times. You are the one that needs alot of research. Why should the celebration of my saviour be a problem for you?? Someone said it on another mo Salah thread. Religion is not by name or practice. It is by heart! God only look at the heart simple!!
And for your information, Jesus did not sanction it in the bible. No part of the bible quoted jesus as saying birthday is evil. Jesus christ never used a phone...so we might as well say the use of phones today is evil... deeper lifers used to practice doctrines like this.
. You get it??
Re: Christmas is idolatry by saddler: 10:13am On Dec 26, 2021
wealthgoddess:

Dude! The bible doesnt even contain everything jesus said. Archeological findings continue to reveal verifiable manuscripts that was written by the disciples in their times. You are the one that needs alot of research. Why should the celebration of my saviour be a problem for you?? Someone said it on another mo Salah thread. Religion is not by name or practice. It is by heart! God only look at the heart simple!!
And for your information, Jesus did not sanction it in the bible. No part of the bible quoted jesus as saying birthday is evil. Jesus christ never used a phone...so we might as well say the use of phones today is evil... deeper lifers used to practice doctrines like this.
. You get it??

I asked you to please point out anywhere in the bible to back up all these your manuscripts claim.
Dont just say it, prove it.

Phone is used for communication and its just a technology to communicate with anyone you wish to.
Common sense should guide you in that regard.

Christianity is all about imitating christ.

If Christ didn't celebrate his birthday when he was on earth, who are you to celebrate his birthday for him?

Are you more knowledgeable than Jesus that didn't celebrate his birthday?
Re: Christmas is idolatry by 1nigeriamyfoot: 10:24am On Dec 26, 2021
saddler:

I asked you to please point out anywhere in the bible to back up all these your manuscripts claim.
Dont just say it, prove it.

Phone is used for communication and its just a technology to communicate with anyone you wish to.
Common sense should guide you in that regard.

Christianity is all about imitating christ.

If Christ didn't celebrate his birthday when he was on earth, who are you to celebrate his birthday for him?

Are you more knowledgeable than Jesus that didn't celebrate his birthday?

I don't blame your likes cos some mumu pastor like kumuyi have blindfold most of you guys

Kumuyi misled most of you guys with his cult group he tagged church

In the Bible, drums, piano & other musical instruments was used to praise God but kumuyi said it's not biblical to praise God with musical instruments so they don't use drum in the cult group packaged as church

Kumuyi said it's bad to watch TV whereas he uses same TV to broadcast all his TV activities infact deeper life member only observe services by watching TV which is nothing but stupid & hypocritical attitude from th cult leader named Kumuyi

Pastor W F Kumuyi sees all religious killing under Buhari as nothing even when a pastor of his cult group was murdered in cold just because Buhari is close friend of Kumuyi

Kumuyi was so blind that nothing is working under Buhari but will always sing praises of Buhari at every slight opportunity to do so because he wants to be Biharis friend at all time

The same Kumuyi who banned his church member from wearing wedding garment but his son married his wife wearing boob revealing wedding dress & nothing happens thereafter

The mumu Kumuyi threatened to stepped down as G.O but many years have passed but he's still the G.O

Anybody following W.F Kumuyi teachings is not only stupid but completely mad
Re: Christmas is idolatry by saddler: 10:27am On Dec 26, 2021
1nigeriamyfoot:

I don't blame your likes cos some mumu pastor like kumuyi have blindfold most of you guys

Kumuyi misled most of you guys with his cult group he tagged church

In the Bible, drums, piano & other musical instruments was used to praise God but kumuyi said it's not biblical to praise God with musical instruments so they don't use drum in the cult group packaged as church

Kumuyi said it's bad to watch TV whereas he uses same TV to broadcast all his TV activities infact deeper life member only observe services by watching TV which is nothing but stupid & hypocritical attitude from th cult leader named Kumuyi

Pastor W F Kumuyi sees all religious killing under Buhari as nothing even when a pastor of his cult group was murdered in cold just because Buhari is close friend of Kumuyi

Kumuyi was so blind that nothing is working under Buhari but will always sing praises of Buhari at every slight opportunity to do so because he wants to be Biharis friend at all time

The same Kumuyi who banned his church member from wearing wedding garment but his son married his wife wearing boob revealing wedding dress & nothing happens thereafter

The mumu Kumuyi threatened to stepped down as G.O but many years have passed but he's still the G.O

Anybody following W.F Kumuyi teachings is not only stupid but completely mad

Last time i checked, this arguement wasn't about Kumuyi and his church.

Have a blessed Sunday.

(1) (Reply)

The Desciples Converted Gentiles To Judaism, Why Is Christianity A Religion / S.H.A.P.E (2) / Ramadan Moon Not Sighted In Saudi Arabia, Fasting Begins On Thursday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.