Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,899 members, 7,810,452 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:17 AM

Army Releases Female Soldier Who Accepted Marriage Proposal From Youth Corps - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Army Releases Female Soldier Who Accepted Marriage Proposal From Youth Corps (42775 Views)

NYSC Backs Army On Detention Of Female Soldier Who Accepted Corper's Proposal / Army Arrests Female Soldier Who Was Proposed To By A Corps Member(Pictures). / Corper Proposes To Female Soldier At Ebonyi NYSC Camp (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Army Releases Female Soldier Who Accepted Marriage Proposal From Youth Corps by Jostoman: 6:48pm On Dec 25, 2021
Guyman02:
They should make the COAS the chairman of the occasion at their wedding and the man should be recruited into the Army after his Youth Service
so that they can post him to Sambisa forest?
Re: Army Releases Female Soldier Who Accepted Marriage Proposal From Youth Corps by Ttjj: 7:11pm On Dec 25, 2021
Ok
Re: Army Releases Female Soldier Who Accepted Marriage Proposal From Youth Corps by SMEpromote: 7:14pm On Dec 25, 2021
Who get time today to dey read these double long epistles you posted here? And e come be Nigerian Soldier matter. Mcheeew.
Re: Army Releases Female Soldier Who Accepted Marriage Proposal From Youth Corps by na2016: 7:16pm On Dec 25, 2021
Druss:

Rather than assuming why not find the policy?

I made an assumption based on policy from another sector, you that is doubting my point, what is your statement based on? Nothing!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Army Releases Female Soldier Who Accepted Marriage Proposal From Youth Corps by Adamisa77(m): 7:16pm On Dec 25, 2021
make she go flex her man

Re: Army Releases Female Soldier Who Accepted Marriage Proposal From Youth Corps by sabiboi3595: 7:26pm On Dec 25, 2021
U are just saying nonsense,
Re: Army Releases Female Soldier Who Accepted Marriage Proposal From Youth Corps by Cognitivereason: 7:27pm On Dec 25, 2021
Nothing was wrong with what she did..but everything was wrong with how she did it

Dreamhighnow:
What is wrong with what she did? She accept a proposal. She was not caught doing immoral or anything wrong

Her only crime is doing it with so called bloody civilian
It is in this country I see a soldier calling people he is suppose to protect as ordinary Bloody civilian

Very sick mindset

Modified
Re: Army Releases Female Soldier Who Accepted Marriage Proposal From Youth Corps by Druss(m): 7:29pm On Dec 25, 2021
na2016:

I made an assumption based on policy from another sector, you that is doubting my point, what is your statement based on? Nothing!!!

It is based on observations that some people talk crap and make assumptions without proof.

2 Likes

Re: Army Releases Female Soldier Who Accepted Marriage Proposal From Youth Corps by na2016: 7:59pm On Dec 25, 2021
Druss:

It is based on observations that some people talk crap and make assumptions without proof.

You are saying rubbish and I regret having a conversation with a fool like you.
Re: Army Releases Female Soldier Who Accepted Marriage Proposal From Youth Corps by Barryseal: 8:15pm On Dec 25, 2021
na2016:

Please stop sounding like someone who has not been to school before. Each organization has its policies. Just as in the Universities, it is prohibited for a lecturer to have a relationship with a female student that he teaches (even if the student is 30 years old). The reason is that he will not be fair to other students in the class. I believe the military has a similar policy too.

Sorry to say this, but you sound incoherent trying to compare classroom and orientation camp.
The two are nowhere the same. School involves examination and grading, so it is understandable to put up policy that levels the playing field for everyone.

The main issue here which people like you are playing the ostrich is the religious undertone of this episode. In the more liberal South, Ebonyi state, precisely in 2019, a Corp member engaged a female soldier, it made headlines here on Nairaland. Nobody was court marshaled, nobody was reprimanded, it was a sweet story for those those involved.
Here we are, in a Muslim controlled caliphate state of Kwara, a female soldier kissing a man in public, is Haram, all hell broke loose.

This is yet again, another prime example that we have 2 countries existing in the same place called Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Army Releases Female Soldier Who Accepted Marriage Proposal From Youth Corps by Barryseal: 8:20pm On Dec 25, 2021
jaxxy:

Not doing it a civilian, many army men propose to their civilian gfs. She disrespected her position as a trainer and uniform bt do unnecessary lovey dovy stuffs while still in the camp as a trainer and in her uniform. undecided

The mumu Corper was also part of the problem by encouraging her to whip his ego and behave in a manner inconsistent with her job just to show off or please the crowd.

It was gross indiscipline.

Ps: if the Corper had respectfully proposed to his superior and shared a hug and left side attractions for later this would not be happening.
This happened at the last hours of their camp after their POP, I hope you realize this?
Re: Army Releases Female Soldier Who Accepted Marriage Proposal From Youth Corps by yourshopkwikguy(m): 8:23pm On Dec 25, 2021
Oluromantic:
Na now we go know for both of them if the love is real.

Only 3weeks atteenshon for camp! You don accept marriage proposal. Na now una go begin know each other and how to stand up for each other through trying times. We no even hear from the guy since that time.
They've dated other already for 3 years at abeokuta. They met each other again back at NYSC camp at Kwara.
Re: Army Releases Female Soldier Who Accepted Marriage Proposal From Youth Corps by olas24u(f): 8:23pm On Dec 25, 2021
EmptyGarden:
This one don learn lesson... If she take eye see wetin resemble ring next time, na fence she go fly escape.
It is victory for all uniformed ladies.go and read the lawyers notes
Re: Army Releases Female Soldier Who Accepted Marriage Proposal From Youth Corps by na2016: 8:39pm On Dec 25, 2021
Barryseal:

Sorry to say this, but you sound incoherent trying to compare classroom and orientation camp.
The two are nowhere the same. School involves examination and grading, so it is understandable to put up policy that levels the playing field for everyone.

The main issue here which people like you are playing the ostrich is the religious undertone of this episode. In the more liberal South, Ebonyi state, precisely in 2019, a Corp member engaged a female soldier, it made headlines here on Nairaland. Nobody was court marshaled, nobody was reprimanded, it was a sweet story for those those involved.
Here we are, in a Muslim controlled caliphate state of Kwara, a female soldier kissing a man in public, is Haram, all hell broke loose.

This is yet again, another prime example that we have 2 countries existing in the same place called Nigeria.

I will stop replying to you because you don't seem to have any good points.
I gave you an example of an organizational policy and all you did was to say the two are not near. What do you mean by that? If I want to take on you using that alone, I can show instances so many lecturers didn't follow that policy. So, you want to tell me if someone (a VC) comes and demands that such policy should be followed, it means his action has a religious undertone or what?
Please have an open mind when you read and talk so you don't create problems for yourself in the future. I am sure if that proposal was done outside the official hours of duty of that soldier or after that Camping period, there wouldn't have been an issue for her
Re: Army Releases Female Soldier Who Accepted Marriage Proposal From Youth Corps by Barryseal: 8:56pm On Dec 25, 2021
na2016:

I will stop replying to you because you don't seem to have any good points.
I gave you an example of an organizational policy and all you did was to say the two are not near. What do you mean by that? If I want to take on you using that alone, I can show instances so many lecturers didn't follow that policy. So, you want to tell me if someone (a VC) comes and demands that such policy should be followed, it means his action has a religious undertone or what?
Please have an open mind when you read and talk so you don't create problems for yourself in the future. I am sure if that proposal was done outside the official hours of duty of that soldier or after that Camping period, there wouldn't have been an issue for her

So it is against the military policy to propose to a soldier? What the actual nonsense are you talking about? You have no legs to grand stand on this matter. Even your general is embarrassed enough by this episode that he went out of his way to see to the soldier's release but here you are defending the entire nonsense, even shamelessly attempting to draw parallels with a university policy.

2 Likes

Re: Army Releases Female Soldier Who Accepted Marriage Proposal From Youth Corps by Bitrusblog: 8:57pm On Dec 25, 2021
Thanks to the Chief of Army Staff. I believe such thing will not happen again.
Re: Army Releases Female Soldier Who Accepted Marriage Proposal From Youth Corps by na2016: 9:04pm On Dec 25, 2021
Barryseal:

So it is against the military policy to propose to a soldier? What the actual nonsense are you talking about? You have no legs to grand stand on this matter. Even your general is embarrassed enough by this episode that he went out of his way to see to the soldier's release but here you are defending the entire nonsense, even shamelessly attempting to draw parallels with a university policy.

That was my last comment to you like I earlier said. Anything you like, say please.
Re: Army Releases Female Soldier Who Accepted Marriage Proposal From Youth Corps by luluman: 9:05pm On Dec 25, 2021
EmptyGarden:
This one don learn lesson... If she take eye see wetin resemble ring next time, na fence she go fly escape.
That's how you get things wrong. NO JOB can stop one from enjoying marital life: quit the job & live your life.

1 Like

Re: Army Releases Female Soldier Who Accepted Marriage Proposal From Youth Corps by Druss(m): 9:08pm On Dec 25, 2021
na2016:

You are saying rubbish and I regret having a conversation with a fool like you.

Well it is clear that you are immature and unable to hold a civilised discussion. Therefore you are either a Nigerian military soldier (doubt you are senior officer class) or simply uncouth. I lose nothing from not conversing with you except a waste of my minutes spent responding to you.

Au revoir and pls feel free to let the door hit you as you exit.
Re: Army Releases Female Soldier Who Accepted Marriage Proposal From Youth Corps by Barryseal: 9:09pm On Dec 25, 2021
na2016:

That was my last comment to you like I earlier said. Anything you like, say please.
Let the army continue disgracing themselves. What's my own as a bloddy civilian, it's not as if it is my image being battered.
Re: Army Releases Female Soldier Who Accepted Marriage Proposal From Youth Corps by Druss(m): 9:11pm On Dec 25, 2021
Barryseal:

Lol!! Simple!
Re: Army Releases Female Soldier Who Accepted Marriage Proposal From Youth Corps by chaloskyx: 9:23pm On Dec 25, 2021
its not in any spirit of christmas all you are doing is damage control and a pr stunt to make the army look good but we as nigerians know you for what you are cold blooded killers
Re: Army Releases Female Soldier Who Accepted Marriage Proposal From Youth Corps by Winnerlyy: 9:27pm On Dec 25, 2021
what is her offence please
Re: Army Releases Female Soldier Who Accepted Marriage Proposal From Youth Corps by LZAA: 10:23pm On Dec 25, 2021
jclassiq:
These Yoruba people will never cease to amaze me.
How do you accept a marriage proposal from a man you have known only 3 weeks?
They confuse se.x with love. So pathetic, those people.
Afonjas take cover I repeat take coverrrrr!!!! grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Army Releases Female Soldier Who Accepted Marriage Proposal From Youth Corps by Biggcake: 10:51pm On Dec 25, 2021
EmptyGarden:

Mumu talk.
Re: Army Releases Female Soldier Who Accepted Marriage Proposal From Youth Corps by delpee(f): 11:44pm On Dec 25, 2021
Oluromantic:
Na now we go know for both of them if the love is real.

Only 3weeks atteenshon for camp! You don accept marriage proposal. Na now una go begin know each other and how to stand up for each other through trying times. We no even hear from the guy since that time.

According to reports in other news, they knew each other before but lost contact for a while only to meet again at NYSC camp.
Re: Army Releases Female Soldier Who Accepted Marriage Proposal From Youth Corps by Drogunov: 12:22am On Dec 26, 2021
EmptyGarden:

She was not reprimanded for accepting a marriage proposal. She was reprimanded because it was made a public affair. She is a human being, entitled to start a family.

So stop being an ignorant monkey.
Re: Army Releases Female Soldier Who Accepted Marriage Proposal From Youth Corps by Barryseal: 12:32am On Dec 26, 2021
Drogunov:

She was not reprimanded for accepting a marriage proposal. She was reprimanded because it was made a public affair. She is a human being, entitled to start a family.

So stop being an ignorant monkey.

Weddings are public events that's why you have guests and people are even encouraged to come forth with any information why couples shouldn't get married.
The Nigerian army participates fully in wedding ceremonies of personnel.
Let the army quietly let this case slide than bring forward silly retorts as excuse for this miscarriage of justice.
Re: Army Releases Female Soldier Who Accepted Marriage Proposal From Youth Corps by iampeterben(m): 12:41am On Dec 26, 2021
Nice one, at least a few slaps and drilling has configured her brain. Go and sin no more.
Re: Army Releases Female Soldier Who Accepted Marriage Proposal From Youth Corps by Oksman(m): 1:58am On Dec 26, 2021
na2016:

I think she did something wrong. That guy was her trainee and was still in camp. I assume there wouldn't have been an issue if this was after the Camp and outside her official duty.

They were both dating before he lost contact with her according to the boy's family source.
Re: Army Releases Female Soldier Who Accepted Marriage Proposal From Youth Corps by na2016: 2:06am On Dec 26, 2021
Oksman:

They were both dating before he lost contact with her according to the boy's family source.

I am not sure you got my point. Even with what you have said, common sense demanded that he wait till after that camp and when the lady is not on official assignment. No matter how much he claimes to love her, he also needed to protect the would-be wife by controlling his actions and not exposing her to public ridicule.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Innocent Ajakaiye, A Corper, Dies Playing On The Pitch / First Class Graduates To Serve In Tertiary Institutions -NYSC / Done With NYSC, 500K On Hand. Advice Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.