Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,430 members, 7,812,277 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:02 AM

Peruvian Government Reacts To Fireboy DML & Ed Sheeran "Peru" - Music/Radio (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Peruvian Government Reacts To Fireboy DML & Ed Sheeran "Peru" (63902 Views)

Fireboy DML & Ed Sheeran - Peru (Official Video) / Ed Sheeran To Remix Fireboy’s 'Peru' (Video) / DOWNLOAD Ed Sheeran & Justin Bieber – I Don’t Care (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peruvian Government Reacts To Fireboy DML & Ed Sheeran "Peru" by madjune(m): 12:19am On Dec 26, 2021
Emaprince:
You are right bro.

Even fireboy may not be able to give a good explanation of what the song is about. He was just mixing everything that comes into his mind.

"I'm in San Francisco jamming...I just flew in from maimi"

I personally feel that the inspiration for the song is from Salt n papers song SHOOP. Same song Orezi and davido sampled in their "SHUPERU". This is just typical of Nigerian stars copying and recycling old oyibo songs and pronouncing it the wey they are comfortable with..and just changing the concept to whatever garbage they deem fit..cos it will sell here.

If you ask fire boy what's up now...he may tell you that he was talking about a girl named Peru. Lol

Exactly. Your brain dey there.

I felt it the sound was a corruption of the shoop sound from Salt n Pepa. Yea.
One thing is clear, the average Nigerian can make a song these days judging by the abilities of the beat makers who have their ears on what appeals to the feet of the listeners.
The days of deep messages in music seem to be in our past.
Re: Peruvian Government Reacts To Fireboy DML & Ed Sheeran "Peru" by Drogunov: 12:34am On Dec 26, 2021
seunmsg:
Who will help us explain to the Peruvian government that Fireboy’s Peru para has nothing to do with peru ��?

Shey muscle hold you for mouth? Go ahead and explain on our behalf. Thanks Kadoso.
Re: Peruvian Government Reacts To Fireboy DML & Ed Sheeran "Peru" by GeneralDae: 12:36am On Dec 26, 2021
madjune:

Exactly. Your brain dey there.

I felt it the sound was a corruption of the shoop sound from Salt n Pepa. Yea.
One thing is clear, the average Nigerian can make a song these days judging by the abilities of the beat makers who have their ears on what appeals to the feet of the listeners.
The days of deep messages in music seem to be in our past.
Nigerians still make deep music but do you listen to them? Something like this for instance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duRYbwzS-Xk

2 Likes

Re: Peruvian Government Reacts To Fireboy DML & Ed Sheeran "Peru" by Yoighaman(m): 12:49am On Dec 26, 2021
Amotolongbo:
grin grin

Even when the Peru in the song is not connected to the country of Peru

That's the power of taking advantage of trends and brands. Only in Nigeria do they let such slide, by now, our international airports should be littered with pictures of Burna and Wizzy, if not for anything; because they won Grammy awards.

2 Likes

Re: Peruvian Government Reacts To Fireboy DML & Ed Sheeran "Peru" by Lexusgs430: 12:52am On Dec 26, 2021
At least the Peruvian government, has a sense of humour.........

Assisting in promoting the song and enjoying the vibe ........

If it was our very own buhari, lie mohammed and nbc, they would they would be imposing bans and fines .......... grin

1 Like

Re: Peruvian Government Reacts To Fireboy DML & Ed Sheeran "Peru" by Bawofss(m): 12:53am On Dec 26, 2021
he actually explained the inspiration behind the song on one interview with beat FM last week........he was in New York at d time, went there to do some stuff with his guys, den flew to Miami, den from Miami to San Francisco to meet up with his friends also in the studio. at that point he was already high on drinks and started putting some words together to a very cool beats and dat was it. he said he never planned it and wen Olamide heard the song d following day, he loved it and said he should release it. and he said to Olamide to do wat ever he likes with the song.

Boom d song was out and it turned out to be a hit

5 Likes

Re: Peruvian Government Reacts To Fireboy DML & Ed Sheeran "Peru" by Lexusgs430: 12:53am On Dec 26, 2021
Yoighaman:

That's the power of taking advantage of trends and brands. Only in Nigeria do they let such slide, by now, our international airports should be littered with pictures of Burna and Wizzy, if not for anything; because they won Grammy awards.

Which Airports ......... cheesy

Our below standard flight and passengers warehouses......... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Peruvian Government Reacts To Fireboy DML & Ed Sheeran "Peru" by Yoighaman(m): 12:58am On Dec 26, 2021
Lexusgs430:

Which Airports ......... cheesy

Our below standard flight and passengers warehouses......... cheesy

smiley At least let us make do with what we currently have...we can't come and go and kee ourselves. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Peruvian Government Reacts To Fireboy DML & Ed Sheeran "Peru" by FriendsAndFans(m): 1:13am On Dec 26, 2021
The song is threading lie fire
Re: Peruvian Government Reacts To Fireboy DML & Ed Sheeran "Peru" by Lexusgs430: 1:20am On Dec 26, 2021
Yoighaman:

smiley At least let us make do with what we currently have...we can't come and go and kee ourselves. smiley

Half pako biscuit is better than full Agege bread ......... wink

1 Like

Re: Peruvian Government Reacts To Fireboy DML & Ed Sheeran "Peru" by Acidosis(m): 1:59am On Dec 26, 2021
You can't blame them na. Fireboy mentioned other cities like Miami, San Francisco. It's only proper for them to also claim Peru

1 Like

Re: Peruvian Government Reacts To Fireboy DML & Ed Sheeran "Peru" by weedfada(m): 2:39am On Dec 26, 2021
Osas187:
Peruvian you no show love o,nah reap you want reap fireboy

cheesy are they mad or something
Re: Peruvian Government Reacts To Fireboy DML & Ed Sheeran "Peru" by Nobody: 3:38am On Dec 26, 2021
Archangel20:

Who ask you... It's obvious

Your mum did, when i was making her to hit them high notes.

Re: Peruvian Government Reacts To Fireboy DML & Ed Sheeran "Peru" by trutht828: 3:54am On Dec 26, 2021
Kingsuave:
PERUzzi of DMW intro "I'm losing control"

Peru is actually short for peruzzi so him dey always para say him dey lose control,

remember fireboy also said "I'm looo... Even peru don don para"

I no know why some people no dey sidon listen music Wella na to dey skim through dem sabi.

What manner of disjointed, almost meaningless lyrics are you guys celebrating these days sef?

1 Like

Re: Peruvian Government Reacts To Fireboy DML & Ed Sheeran "Peru" by vickydevoka(m): 5:50am On Dec 26, 2021
Jidemoo:
I laugh in Swahili....our boy don go global mehn grin

Congratulations to fireboy....I like the dude.

no homo
Even if na Homo u fit fùck am.
Rubbish!!!

I never see women saying no lesbian'. Upon na dem saby do like lesbian in public pass
Re: Peruvian Government Reacts To Fireboy DML & Ed Sheeran "Peru" by vickydevoka(m): 5:51am On Dec 26, 2021
Kingsuave:
PERUzzi of DMW intro "I'm losing control"

Peru is actually short for peruzzi so him dey always para say him dey lose control,

remember fireboy also said "I'm looo... Even peru don don para"

I no know why some people no dey sidon listen music Wella na to dey skim through dem sabi.
U are a good listener

1 Like

Re: Peruvian Government Reacts To Fireboy DML & Ed Sheeran "Peru" by freemanq(m): 6:03am On Dec 26, 2021
My brother next time u should use niger niger niger niger niger
Re: Peruvian Government Reacts To Fireboy DML & Ed Sheeran "Peru" by nwajesus12(m): 6:54am On Dec 26, 2021
Jidemoo:
I laugh in Swahili....our boy don go global mehn grin

Congratulations to fireboy....I like the dude.

no homo
he took that shit international
Re: Peruvian Government Reacts To Fireboy DML & Ed Sheeran "Peru" by tunary(m): 7:15am On Dec 26, 2021
visijo:
Your parents don't care if someone breaks your heart�They'll still call you to come and wash plates �️
grin
Lwkmo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peruvian Government Reacts To Fireboy DML & Ed Sheeran "Peru" by Pelumar(m): 7:22am On Dec 26, 2021
miracood:
Jonzing country didn't even bother to check if the song is related to their country they are just blabbing opening their mouth to say rubbish imagine they are just trying to give Ed Sheeran the credit where by it's fireboy that actually owns the goddamn music.
if you use oil eat yam and you use yam eat oil Sha just eat yam....
Re: Peruvian Government Reacts To Fireboy DML & Ed Sheeran "Peru" by udoka1987: 7:23am On Dec 26, 2021
Peru na beef song nah...Fireboy take style beef Peruzzi....the guy too dey para
Re: Peruvian Government Reacts To Fireboy DML & Ed Sheeran "Peru" by sinola(m): 7:25am On Dec 26, 2021
If I were fireboy dml, I will visit the country on a world tour.... Imagine on a podium in the country and the whole nation shouting 'peru-para-peru-para...'
It will a great moment to the whole nation.

1 Like

Re: Peruvian Government Reacts To Fireboy DML & Ed Sheeran "Peru" by jclassiq(m): 7:25am On Dec 26, 2021
tutudesz:
Una keep quiet since O! Na has Ed Sheeran ft for the remixe body dey sweet una
No mind them �
Re: Peruvian Government Reacts To Fireboy DML & Ed Sheeran "Peru" by jazon(m): 7:45am On Dec 26, 2021
Ed Sheeran is obviously talking about the country Peru. Checkout his lyrics

Re: Peruvian Government Reacts To Fireboy DML & Ed Sheeran "Peru" by Nobody: 7:50am On Dec 26, 2021
miracood:
Jonzing country didn't even bother to check if the song is related to their country they are just blabbing opening their mouth to say rubbish imagine they are just trying to give Ed Sheeran the credit where by it's fireboy that actually owns the goddamn music.
Bitter soul

1 Like

Re: Peruvian Government Reacts To Fireboy DML & Ed Sheeran "Peru" by muheeb01(m): 8:03am On Dec 26, 2021
Nigeria to the world.....olamide did a great job on this guy kudos

Check my signature and profile for my work....I use GIG logistic or bus driver for delivery nationwide
Re: Peruvian Government Reacts To Fireboy DML & Ed Sheeran "Peru" by asorockvibesblo: 8:08am On Dec 26, 2021
LoL

He actually meant Peruzzi

He even said I'm loooo

That's Peruzzi's slang

I'm loosing control � grin
Re: Peruvian Government Reacts To Fireboy DML & Ed Sheeran "Peru" by Successmind(m): 8:18am On Dec 26, 2021
@ed sheeran show love ooo, shey na u get Peru ni wey Peru government write your name first, u wan reap fire boy abi, areu mad or something grin grin

1 Like

Re: Peruvian Government Reacts To Fireboy DML & Ed Sheeran "Peru" by Nobody: 8:33am On Dec 26, 2021
Regardless of all the hype it's still a useless song,clearly the majority are tasteless in this world
Re: Peruvian Government Reacts To Fireboy DML & Ed Sheeran "Peru" by Adeyinka12(m): 9:12am On Dec 26, 2021
brutal1:
para is actually a spanish word....pronunciation is a bit different
Para is a yoruba word which means to react to unexpected/ disappointed situation or things in an angry mood.
Re: Peruvian Government Reacts To Fireboy DML & Ed Sheeran "Peru" by Ttjj: 9:16am On Dec 26, 2021
Thrash
Re: Peruvian Government Reacts To Fireboy DML & Ed Sheeran "Peru" by GeneralDae: 9:28am On Dec 26, 2021
trutht828:

What manner of disjointed, almost meaningless lyrics are you guys celebrating these days sef?
When you dance to Jeruseleama or Despacito, do you also understand the lyrics? Music is Art and Art is also big on the style of presentation not just content only.
The song was initially a freestyle that got leaked. It wasn't intended to be a song just freestyle in a studio but then turned out to be his greatest hit. Fireboy is one of the few Nigerian artists who is also a poet ( studied English and literature in the University) and who pays attention to lyrics.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Luciferous Artwork: Muslim Group Reports 'one Davido Adeleke' To IGP Egbetokun / Beyonce’s Daughter, Blue Ivy, Gets First Grammy Nomination / What Are You Listening To Right Now?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.