Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,437 members, 7,836,758 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:21 PM

Evangelist Tackles A Man Who Wished Her Merry Xmas At An ATM Booth (Pix, Video) - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Evangelist Tackles A Man Who Wished Her Merry Xmas At An ATM Booth (Pix, Video) (35902 Views)

What Is That Addiction You Can't Do Away With, That You Wished God To Overlook / Tennessee Pastor Tackles Gunman During Church Service( Pics, Video) / Share Your Favorite Christmas Songs As You Wish A Nairalander Merry Xmas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Evangelist Tackles A Man Who Wished Her Merry Xmas At An ATM Booth (Pix, Video) by Lightorder: 4:54pm On Dec 26, 2021
But is there any place in the Bible God asked us NOT to celebrate CHRISTMAS ?
Meanwhile, eating of garri with egusi soup is not found anywhere in the Bible. So I don’t know why people are still eating it
Re: Evangelist Tackles A Man Who Wished Her Merry Xmas At An ATM Booth (Pix, Video) by MrMacinterchi1: 4:57pm On Dec 26, 2021
saddler:

Mr woke...it doesn't matter what you include in your religious worship. You can decide to incorporate juju worship into your Christian worship , nobody hold you.

True Christians know it is wrong to celebrate Jesus birthday like the worldly people do.

just like you have included not acknowledging the celebration of Christ's birth. Doing they doesn't make you a true Christian. You can still do that and still be a terrible person. facts.
Re: Evangelist Tackles A Man Who Wished Her Merry Xmas At An ATM Booth (Pix, Video) by Chibuezem(m): 5:01pm On Dec 26, 2021
Kobojunkie:
You lie! undecided

Jesus Christ never condemned the celebrating of Holidays, so you commit here by claiming Christ-Ian's don't celebrate Father's day and mother's day. undecided
lol
Well keep celebrating, the truth is all those stuffs don't add to your spiritual growth in christ
Re: Evangelist Tackles A Man Who Wished Her Merry Xmas At An ATM Booth (Pix, Video) by Kobojunkie: 5:11pm On Dec 26, 2021
Chibuezem:
lol
Well keep celebrating, the truth is all those stuffs don't add to your spiritual growth in christ
Merry Christmas and good tidings to all... undecided
Re: Evangelist Tackles A Man Who Wished Her Merry Xmas At An ATM Booth (Pix, Video) by Kobojunkie: 5:13pm On Dec 26, 2021
Lightorder:
But is there any place in the Bible God asked us NOT to celebrate CHRISTMAS ?
Meanwhile, eating of garri with egusi soup is not found anywhere in the Bible. So I don’t know why people are still eating it
Nope! undecided

God didn't give us any Holidays to celebrate in His name. Neither did He command us nor to celebrate the Pagan/secular Holidays - not of the Kingdom of God - out there. So we are indeed allowed to, as individuals, celebrate whatever holiday we choose. undecided
Re: Evangelist Tackles A Man Who Wished Her Merry Xmas At An ATM Booth (Pix, Video) by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 5:21pm On Dec 26, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Nobody has permission or authority to decree anything in the name of Jesus Christ. It is wrong to follow the doctrines and traditions of men in the name of God - Matthew 15 vs 1 - 14 & Mark 7 vs 1 - 13 undecided
Guy keep quiet! There is no relationship between the verses you quoted and the debate at hand. Only thing I saw is the Pharisees doing exactly what you did which is questioning Christ on why he was doing things differently from the way it was done during the time of their ancestors. Your type are just keen on arguing vainly.

1 Like

Re: Evangelist Tackles A Man Who Wished Her Merry Xmas At An ATM Booth (Pix, Video) by Lightorder: 5:28pm On Dec 26, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Nope! undecided

God didn't give us any Holidays to celebrate in His name. Neither did He command us nor to celebrate the Pagan/secular Holidays - not of the Kingdom of God - out there. So we are indeed allowed to, as individuals, celebrate whatever holiday we choose. undecided
for me , celebrating or not celebrating hasn’t made anyone sinful. But what I know is that God should be happier with who celebrates than who doesn’t celebrate. Just celebrate in a decent way. If the gift of Christ as a savior is good and accepted, doesn’t it worth celebrating ? This common and I don’t know why people are mad about it. People , I didn’t buy a single shirt for myself but I LOVE CHRISTMAS!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Evangelist Tackles A Man Who Wished Her Merry Xmas At An ATM Booth (Pix, Video) by Exodora: 5:30pm On Dec 26, 2021
That is how some white garment church people in my neighborhood say they don't celebrate Christmas but every Christmas they go house to house to eat Christmas food mumu people and even demand for Christmas gifts.
Re: Evangelist Tackles A Man Who Wished Her Merry Xmas At An ATM Booth (Pix, Video) by Bodebi: 5:30pm On Dec 26, 2021
What is wrong in wishing u a happy Xmas

Do you need a loan this Festive period for Christmas celebration or for business purpose or for personal need then I'm glad to inform you that you get a loan from Polaris bank even if you don't have an account with the bank. You can get between 50k to 2 million naira without collateral and less paper work with a monthly interest rate of just 2% for a duration of up to 8 months repayment period. This information is completely free and I'm not charging for it or collecting any fee before you can get the loan. If interested, kindly click on my WhatsApp link below

http://.us/w/?c=ac60c2
Re: Evangelist Tackles A Man Who Wished Her Merry Xmas At An ATM Booth (Pix, Video) by Kobojunkie: 5:34pm On Dec 26, 2021
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:

Guy keep quiet! There is no relationship between the verses you quoted and the debate at hand. Only thing I saw is the Pharisees doing exactly what you did which is questioning Christ on why he was doing things differently from the way it was done during the time of their ancestors. Your type are just keen on arguing vainly.
I didn't question Jesus Christ, you did when you insinuated that men can chose to do as they please in His name. undecided

As for you not grasping Jesus Christ's teachings in Matthew 15 vs 1 - 15 & Mark 7 vs 1 - 13, I am afraid there is nothing I can do to help you there since It is expressed in human language and to be easily comprehended. undecided
Re: Evangelist Tackles A Man Who Wished Her Merry Xmas At An ATM Booth (Pix, Video) by Ttjj: 5:40pm On Dec 26, 2021
Why
Re: Evangelist Tackles A Man Who Wished Her Merry Xmas At An ATM Booth (Pix, Video) by Kobojunkie: 5:46pm On Dec 26, 2021
Lightorder:
for me , celebrating or not celebrating hasn’t made anyone sinful. But what I know is that God should be happier with who celebrates than who doesn’t celebrate. Just celebrate in a decent way. If the gift of Christ as a savior is good and accepted, doesn’t it worth celebrating ? This common and I don’t know why people are mad about it. People , I didn’t buy a single shirt for myself but I LOVE CHRISTMAS!
You actually think God is to bow to your whim where Sin is concerned? undecided

Should God also be happier with the unbelievers who celebrate Holidays? undecided

God is honored when we obey His teachings and commandments, not when we poop, eat or celebrate our holidays. undecided
Re: Evangelist Tackles A Man Who Wished Her Merry Xmas At An ATM Booth (Pix, Video) by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 6:33pm On Dec 26, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I didn't question Jesus Christ, you did when you insinuated that men can chose to do as they please in His name. undecided

As for you not grasping Jesus Christ's teachings in Matthew 15 vs 1 - 15 & Mark 7 vs 1 - 13, I am afraid there is nothing I can do to help you there since It is expressed in human language and to be easily comprehended. undecided
You quoted irrelevant verses to defend a useless argument. Did Jesus warn against celebrating Christmas in those verses? I read both scriptures, how do they butress your argument?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Evangelist Tackles A Man Who Wished Her Merry Xmas At An ATM Booth (Pix, Video) by grandstar(m): 6:35pm On Dec 26, 2021
DeeMain:

Can you read yourself? You wrote yourself they carved a golden calf to worship. Where did the Christians celebrating Christmas erect golden calves or pagan gods? Is the day not set aside for God?

Why are you comparing oranges to apples?

Saturnalia was a pagan god. It wad a graven image. Because you do not see a graven image does not change the narrative.
Re: Evangelist Tackles A Man Who Wished Her Merry Xmas At An ATM Booth (Pix, Video) by Kobojunkie: 6:39pm On Dec 26, 2021
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:

You quoted irrelevant verses to defend a useless argument. Did Jesus warn against celebrating Christmas in those verses? I read both scriptures, how do they butress your argument?
The passages quoted aren't the problem at all.... Jesus Christ was clear in them that your worship is in vain when you vow to doctrines and traditions of men. Your understanding or lack of basic comprehension of what he said, however, is the problem. undecided

Jesus Christ didn't warn against the celebrating of Christmas in that passage but He did warn you against suggesting your own doctrines and traditions in His name.... hence making your celebrating of Christmas in His Christ an outright sin against Him undecided
Re: Evangelist Tackles A Man Who Wished Her Merry Xmas At An ATM Booth (Pix, Video) by Chibuezem(m): 6:42pm On Dec 26, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Merry Christmas and good tidings to all... undecided
same to you my bloda
Re: Evangelist Tackles A Man Who Wished Her Merry Xmas At An ATM Booth (Pix, Video) by Mayeldah(m): 6:47pm On Dec 26, 2021
saddler:

Going to Church on sundays isnt same as celebrating Christmas.

And Christians aren't restricted to sunday worship.

Churches these days have midweek programs and Church services are now about when the church feels most of the members can attend.

And the argument about Christmas is not about the month (December) nor the day (25th). Its about if it should be celebrated at all.

Jesus didn't authorize or instruct his followers to celebrate his birth day in the first place, so its not about the day nor month of celebration.

Oga rest!

Enough of this your arguement about Christmas, if you don't regard celebrating Jesus's birth on an agreed date by all, suit yourself.

I doubt if Jesus himself is angry at those who do.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Evangelist Tackles A Man Who Wished Her Merry Xmas At An ATM Booth (Pix, Video) by Kobojunkie: 6:51pm On Dec 26, 2021
Mayeldah:
Oga rest!
Enough of this your arguement about Christmas, if you don't regard celebrating Jesus's birth on an agreed date by all, suit yourself.

I doubt if Jesus himself is angry at those who do.
He is because what they do He called sin and we know God hates sin. undecided
Re: Evangelist Tackles A Man Who Wished Her Merry Xmas At An ATM Booth (Pix, Video) by Lightorder: 6:58pm On Dec 26, 2021
Kobojunkie:
You actually think God is to bow to your whim where Sin is concerned? undecided

Should God also be happier with the unbelievers who celebrate Holidays? undecided

God is honored when we obey His teachings and commandments, not when we poop, eat or celebrate our holidays. undecided
your points are baseless. Telling the people not to celebrate Christmas doesn’t make them heavenly candidate or does it ? I expected you or the evangelist to rather , preach SALVATION message to them and not pursuing shadows
Re: Evangelist Tackles A Man Who Wished Her Merry Xmas At An ATM Booth (Pix, Video) by DeeMain(m): 6:58pm On Dec 26, 2021
grandstar:

Saturnalia was a pagan god. It wad a graven image. Because you do not see a graven image does not change the narrative.

One, shifting goal posts. Two, irrational hogwash. Three, doctrinal inflexibility as a result of dogmatic brainwashing.

I can change a day set aside for the worship of a pagan God and change it to a day I celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ. The earth and the fullness thereof belong to our God and we are claiming it and you and your ilk are in sifia pains as a result? Abeg shift.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Evangelist Tackles A Man Who Wished Her Merry Xmas At An ATM Booth (Pix, Video) by Vicoymi: 7:03pm On Dec 26, 2021
saddler:
True Christians dont celebrate Christmas.

Neither Jesus nor his Disciples celebrated their birthdays.

Jesus knew about birthday celebration but yet didnt do it. His disciples knew about birthday celebration but didn't do it and now you are celebrating the birthday of Jesus for him.

Are you more knowledgeable, righteous and holy than Jesus or his disciples?

If birthday was a good thing to celebrate, wouldn't Jesus or his disciples have celebrated their birthday?

Be wise
In that same vein if nairaland was a good thing won't Jesus and his followers be on nairaland??
Be wise
Absolute trash

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Evangelist Tackles A Man Who Wished Her Merry Xmas At An ATM Booth (Pix, Video) by Kobojunkie: 7:05pm On Dec 26, 2021
Lightorder:
your points are baseless. Telling the people not to celebrate Christmas doesn’t make them heavenly candidate or does it ? I expected you or the evangelist to rather , preach SALVATION message to and not pursuing shadows
Let's start with a basic question. what do you understand Salvation To be all about. ? undecided

Jesus Christ came to deliver God's New Covenant LA and agreement which we are meant to live and it is of great importance that those who follow Him live in obedience of the details of the Law if they ever wish to have any hopes of celebrating. undecided

Following His teachings, we know it to be sin to practice anything He has not commanded in His name, meaning it is sin to celebrate Christmas in Jesus name - aka suggesting our celebration is sanctioned of God and His Kingdom. undecided

The details of sin is important as no one csn enter into the presence of God in an unholy -sinful - state. undecided
Re: Evangelist Tackles A Man Who Wished Her Merry Xmas At An ATM Booth (Pix, Video) by Kobojunkie: 7:09pm On Dec 26, 2021
DeeMain:
One, shifting goal posts. Two, irrational hogwash. Three, doctrinal inflexibility as a result of dogmatic brainwashing.

I can change a day set aside for the worship of a pagan God and change it to a day I celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ. The earth and the fullness thereof belong to our God and we are claiming it and you and your ilk are in sifia pains as a result? Abeg shift.
But why celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ - in His name - when Jesus Christ Himself gave you no authority to do anything of the such in His name? undecided
Re: Evangelist Tackles A Man Who Wished Her Merry Xmas At An ATM Booth (Pix, Video) by Kobojunkie: 7:11pm On Dec 26, 2021
Exodora:
That is how some white garment church people in my neighborhood say they don't celebrate Christmas but every Christmas they go house to house to eat Christmas food mumu people and even demand for Christmas gifts.
I don't celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ either but I celebrate the pagan/secular holiday - of this world - holiday called Christmas. undecided
Re: Evangelist Tackles A Man Who Wished Her Merry Xmas At An ATM Booth (Pix, Video) by DeeMain(m): 7:27pm On Dec 26, 2021
Kobojunkie:
But why celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ - in His name - when Jesus Christ Himself gave you no authority to do anything of the such in His name? undecided

Not everything Jesus wanted to tell was told. Not everything Jesus wanted to teach was taught.

"I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you."
John 16:12-14
King James Version
Re: Evangelist Tackles A Man Who Wished Her Merry Xmas At An ATM Booth (Pix, Video) by shumuel(m): 7:42pm On Dec 26, 2021
saddler:
True Christians dont celebrate Christmas.

Neither Jesus nor his Disciples celebrated their birthdays.

Jesus knew about birthday celebration but yet didnt do it. His disciples knew about birthday celebration but didn't do it and now you are celebrating the birthday of Jesus for him.

Are you more knowledgeable, righteous and holy than Jesus or his disciples?

If birthday was a good thing to celebrate, wouldn't Jesus or his disciples have celebrated their birthday?

Be wise

How did you know if they celebrated their birthdays or not, where you there, did the Bible detailed all their activities?

Note: True Christians don't judge others without proof, "Live and let's Live" let everyone do what best makes them happy, it is their right
Re: Evangelist Tackles A Man Who Wished Her Merry Xmas At An ATM Booth (Pix, Video) by Kobojunkie: 7:43pm On Dec 26, 2021
DeeMain:
Not everything Jesus wanted to tell was told. Not everything Jesus wanted to teach was taught.
That is the wayo lie that your Pastors and mogs told you in order that they might deceive and delude you in the name of God. undecided

Jesus Christ is God's New Covenant Law, the agreement between God and individual men - Matthew 26 vs 28 - 30 - and the terms and conditions of the Covenant were not only concluded but sealed when Jesus Christ died on the cross, declaring " it is finished" right before giving up the ghost. undecided

Jesus Christ finished the mission which He came to the earth to complete, to deliver to the world the New Agreement, Law in the Kingdom of God - God's Truth.
So be sure that any doctrine and tradition which stands in contradiction to the Truth of God as given you by Jesus Christ is a lie against Him, this, again, because Jesus Christ said so - Matthew 15 vs 1 - 14 & Mark 7 vs 1 - 13 undecided
Re: Evangelist Tackles A Man Who Wished Her Merry Xmas At An ATM Booth (Pix, Video) by shumuel(m): 7:51pm On Dec 26, 2021
Kobojunkie:
He is because what they do He called sin and we know God hates sin. undecided

I want to believe that Jesus himself told you these, abi? grin

Please leave people that wants to celebrate anything they want to celebrate to celebrate in peace, it's their life not yours

Jesus Christ never told anyone to force anything on others, his preaching was all about Peace. Learn to do the same
Re: Evangelist Tackles A Man Who Wished Her Merry Xmas At An ATM Booth (Pix, Video) by Lightorder: 7:55pm On Dec 26, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Let's start with a basic question. what do you understand Salvation To be all about. ? undecided

Jesus Christ came to deliver God's New Covenant LA and agreement which we are meant to live and it is of great importance that those who follow Him live in obedience of the details of the Law if they ever wish to have any hopes of celebrating. undecided

Following His teachings, we know it to be sin to practice anything He has not commanded in His name, meaning it is sin to celebrate Christmas in Jesus name - aka suggesting our celebration is sanctioned of God and His Kingdom. undecided

The details of sin is important as no one csn enter into the presence of God in an unholy -sinful - state. undecided
going through your reply would bore me . Just preach salvation. Celebration of the birthday of Christ is not bad. It takes only a reasonable sane fellow to understand. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Evangelist Tackles A Man Who Wished Her Merry Xmas At An ATM Booth (Pix, Video) by Kobojunkie: 7:58pm On Dec 26, 2021
shumuel:
1. I want to believe that Jesus himself told you these, abi? grin

2. Please leave people that wants to celebrate anything they want to celebrate to celebrate in peace, it's their life not yours

3. Jesus Christ never told anyone to force anything on others, his preaching was all about Peace. Learn to do the same
It is written right there in the Gospels for all to learn. undecided

2. I am a follower of Jesus Christ and it is my duty to tell the Truth of God to whomever I converse with. undecided

3. I am not forcing anything on anyone here. Simply telling you His Truth... It is sin to celebrate your holidays in His name but It is not sin to celebrate the same holidays as the pagan/secular holidays they really are. undecided
Re: Evangelist Tackles A Man Who Wished Her Merry Xmas At An ATM Booth (Pix, Video) by Kobojunkie: 8:00pm On Dec 26, 2021
Lightorder:
1. going through your reply would bore me . Just preach salvation. 2.Celebration of the birthday of Christ is not bad. It takes only a reasonable sane fellow to understand. Thanks
1. Again, what is salvation? undecided

2. Celebration of any Holiday as if in honor of Jesus Christ is sin against Jesus Christ. If you were remotely reasonable and sane, you would have figured this out all on your own. undecided
Re: Evangelist Tackles A Man Who Wished Her Merry Xmas At An ATM Booth (Pix, Video) by shumuel(m): 8:08pm On Dec 26, 2021
Kobojunkie:
It is written right there in the Gospels for all to learn. undecided

2. I am a follower of Jesus Christ and it is my duty to tell the Truth of God to whomever I converse with. undecided

3. I am not forcing anything on anyone here. Simply telling you His Truth... It is sin to celebrate your holidays in His name but It is not sin to celebrate the same holidays as the pagan/secular holidays they really are. undecided

Good, but learn to say it once and let them hear it twice

On the last day shall we all know the real truth

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Full-blown Sharia Law Imminent, CAN Raises Alarm / Apostle Suleman "Revives Dead Baby" In Cameroon (Photos) / Bishop Oyedepo: I Am Not In A Hurry To Go To Heaven Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.